Monsterboard

Twilight

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Which is better?

Twilight Saga
30%
Harry Potter Saga
70%

Total votes : 60

Postby Ayra-Raven » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:45 pm

-Miss Killjoy- wrote:Gotta be the best book in the whole Twilight saga this far. New Moon was really kinda boring. 'Til this far Eclipse has been really interesting and nice to read. Rosalie started to be really nice.

I have to agree. When I was reading NM the most important thought was "When will the hell Edward come back?"
Eclipse is definetely better ^^
The biggest treasure is to love and to be loved...
Ayra-Raven

Location: In the melody of shout and silence... / Poland, F16

Postby Erina » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:00 pm

Ayra-Raven wrote:
-Miss Killjoy- wrote:Gotta be the best book in the whole Twilight saga this far. New Moon was really kinda boring. 'Til this far Eclipse has been really interesting and nice to read. Rosalie started to be really nice.

I have to agree. When I was reading NM the most important thought was "When will the hell Edward come back?"
Eclipse is definetely better ^^

Yeah, when I read New Moon I was all the time like "Edward, come back..." When Alice came back, I almost started celebrating.

Just read Eclipse and I have to say that it's the second best book I've ever read. Only Twilight beats it this far.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby supermonstar13 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:58 pm

I watched it with my boyfriend 2 days ago...
and it was..

AWSOME!

I downloaded it too, and gonna buy the dvd when it comes out.

Gosh I think I'll be in love with Rob Pattinson again lol :P

Isn't he cute? :)
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby Erina » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Yeah, he is cute (but not as cute as Amen xP). Still haven't seen the movie, but soon...
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Monster-Girl » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:18 pm

seen the movie last night...

it was good but much less then i expected it to be....

it happens all so fast and i dont like it! :(

would be better if they made a series about it...

i bet that the book is 1000000 times better!!

and btw i dont think that Edward is cute, not one bit... hahah... hes so gay... and Bella is one hell of an ugly chick! xD

maaaaaaaaaaan.....
Due to the current financial crisis facing the world at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off to save on electricity costs, until further notice.

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby judge death » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Saw it on 2 January and it was great. Likes the movie. :D
I think it wasn´t too short. For me it felt like a long movie and it had a good story telling. Didn´t have a too high tempo in the movie. :)
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby atrak » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:37 am

I saw the movie yesterday and i think that it was pretty good!!! :)
I liked it!!! :wink:
atrak

Postby blackbird » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:50 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but I keep hearing things about it, it rocks, it sucks, it's like this, like that...When that really starts to bug me, I'll go and see a movie, or read the book. Still, The catcher in the rye is the best book ever. But let's stay on the topic :P
''Snijeg je prštao oko nas kao u Koka Kolinim reklamama, finska omladina iz gledališta je vrtila one dosadne zvečke, nekoliko kometa se strmopizdilo u Estoniju.''
blackbird

Postby Love Gun » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:34 pm

Oh I love Twilight. I'm gonna go to cinema and watch it soon hopefully it's as good as I think and hope! Robert Pattinson is so hot! :P But btw I think the theme song "Decode" by Paramore is freaking amazing! It's very catchy and beautiful. :)
Along Came a Camel Spider
Love Gun

Postby Mooneyman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:48 am

Sorry everyone, honestly cannot stand Twilight at all. The best thing about Harry Potter was it was true to legends and stuff about the creatures in it. Stephanie Meyer makes it seem like a bad vampire-fan fiction that stomps on everything and uses a terrible self insert of herself to accomplish her own fantasies. :lol:
I could go on in very bitter means but I plan not to bore you all to death...
...Yet. :twisted:
Mooneyman

Postby Monster-Girl » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:58 pm

uuuuu i think i'd like to hear about it! :D
Due to the current financial crisis facing the world at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off to save on electricity costs, until further notice.

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby Mr.Blacksmith » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:58 am

The Books Are Wicked (Twilight)
And The Movie Was So-so , But Still Good

The Books Are Amazing
Like Holy Crap..Too Good

Yes I'mma Guy The Loves Twilght!
Mr.Blacksmith

Postby Mara » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:58 am

Ok, I have never read the books or seen the movie or trailer, this is what I can tell about the story by listening to all the girls in my class who simply loves Twilight and can't stop babbling about it. That's also the reason to why I have to do this, since I guess I don't hate the books, I hate more the girls being all... freaky and... fainting about it.

And I think some fangirls are going to rip my face off with their bare nails after I have written this.

The story is based on all girl's secret dreams about being stalked by a hot, sexy, dangerous and dark emotional guy. The emotional guy turns out to be a vampire, but the girl is so special that she doesn't fear him. Then after a while, the vampire have to deny his feelings for her because his instincts wants to bite her and all that stuff, and he's SO afraid to hurt her and do something bad. And then they both get emotional.
Then the writer mixes in some other extremely sexy vampires, and there is sure a perverted and way-too-sexy villain telling way-too-dry jokes, and has secret thoughts about raping the human girl. Then everyone go emotional about love, and what was once a fantasy-story turns out to be more like a fantasy smut-novel...

And I guess I'm probably wrong on many points :lol:

I think the books might be a better thing than the movie, though. The movie is more just made so a bunch of teenage actors can get the chance to be sexy and famous and gain a lot of money.

Over. I have to go to school. When I get back home I guess my house is burnt down.
Mara

Postby Fallen One » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:22 pm

I just started reading Twilight today at work, and I really had the feeling like it was sucking me in completely. Only read 38 pages so far, but I'm really enjoying it and planning on taking my time reading through this. Every sentence I read, I imagine in my head as to how it could be. I'm loving it.

Not like some other... books... I've read in the past.

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby comite1040 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:45 pm

8) Well, I've finally got the book translated into Japanese*laughs* To tell the truth, I think I cannot read its original version written in English because of my English skill :lol:

Ah, I guess I could read the first part of Twilight (yes, Twilight is published with divided into two parts in my residence) without any struggle thanks to the translator. She actually could translate it in really...good way which I can read easily. Haha, even I don't like first-person novels, but...at least I think I'll be able to manage to finish reading Twilight translated version (but I'm unsure I can read afterwards of 'Twilight' :roll: )

I'm not familiar with such 'beautiful teenage' vampires unlike you, the other MB members, so, it makes me feel something odd feeling. Now, in my head, many questions are fluttering*laughs* oh, but it must be better not to mention here...because my questions are quite rude or coarse things.

Haha, but I rather prefer Nosferatu type scary vampire to such...emotional teenage beautiful vampires.... Well, my brain actually doesn't suit to romance, maybe, maybe not :roll:
Oh, but the heroine, Bella is sometimes funny and the boy, Edward...to be honest, I got urge to give punch into his chin when i read his bunch of 'sweet' words toward Bella.

I'm sorry, my rude words. Well, but maybe...I think I could enjoy reading the first part even I'm unsure now :?:
バカで実にサーセンww
comite1040

Postby Angel Of Death » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:13 pm

I've seen the movie yesterday and I love it. It's such a beautiful movie, Edward is so hot :P
Angel Of Death

Postby Erina » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm

I had a meaning to watch Twilight last weekend, but the last shows of the Christmas play took all my time. And today I got to know that one of the girls in my class likes Twilight a lot, so we talked about it and I think I just made a new friend xP
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Fallen One » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:18 pm

I saw Twilight today. Must say that it was a nice movie. Not over the top extremely good, but it was nice.

Miss Stewart and Mr. Pattinson both played their rolls admirably in my eyes. And well, Miss Stewart is a really pretty girl.

The story of the movie, well, I think it all went too quickly. It felt as if the first couple of chapters from the book just went by in a flash. I did appreciate the use of the more important quotes from the book. They made me smile, especially when for some weird reason, I knew the exact words Edward was about to say.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book, finished it completely, read my way through two hundred odd pages yesterday, because I know I'd be watching the movie today.

(As a sidenote: I love watching movies in theatre on weekdays, there were seven people in the theatre, including me).

So yes, great book, good movie.
That's one to add to my DVD collection, and I'm looking forward to the next movie (already bought the New Moon and Ecplise books to keep me going).

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby Ultimate Warrior » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:29 pm

To be honest, I didn't really like the movies. I thought the director had dragged it out almost as much as she does in the books, so I was nearly asleep, and the film didn't allow the real characters of the Vampires to shine through. Apart from the hunter, the Vampires came across as very pretty people, with no real animalistic characteristics, which I thought was a waste of a Vampire.

On the other hand, the books are OK. In my own opinion, Twilight wasn't the greatest book I've ever read, not by a long shot, and I thought that the writing style was very awkward. However, I do think New Moon was slightly better, it still dragged though- which irritated me, but the ending was good enough to make me buy both Eclipse and Breaking Dawn yesterday so I guess I shall just have to wait and see.

And, especially to all the girls here, did none of you actually think Robert Patitnson was a good actor? Or were you doing what my friend was doing and just oggling him? :lol: Convo between me and my mate went like this after the film:
ME: I know it was very badly directed, but at least Pattinson managed to deliver his lines so that he sounded like a Vampire trying to resist killing Bella...
MY FRIEND: You mean, he was actually talking?

:lol: Typical female.
Sneaking out on a Saturday night... Momma thinks you know wrong from right...
Ultimate Warrior

Postby Fallen One » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Ghehe, yeah, he played his role nicely :)

I liked the near end part though at the hospital, when Bella was beginning to stutter and freak out thinking that Edward would leave her, that was nicely done.

And gheh, I had the complete opposite thought of yours then UW, I thought the movie skipped on ahead too quickly, missing some vital parts that should've been in the movie.

But I'm glad I read the book first, I thoroughly enjoyed imagining everything in my head. Forks so did not look like what I had thought of it, but it was nice :)

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby UKLFC » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:09 pm

Twilight.....What can I say about Twilight?

You do all know, of course, that Meyer basically used the whole "Im a vampire and I don't drink human blood but cos of the way you smell I want to drink yours so badly but now I'm in love with you I can never leave you" thing as a whole metaphor to try and dissuade teen kids from premarital sex? I mean, if some of you have read the hype around the piece of shit film I'd be shocked.

Honestly, I'm not planning on wasting my money on watching a film that most of my media production went and watched last week, and then spent an hour deriding the plot for everyone else. Ok, things I hated were: (and I haven't seen the film)

-The original shots for most of the film had the angles changed so as to remove the sexual tension between Bella and Edward, at the author's insistense
-Vampires, in ANY respectable film (we shall leave Van Helsing off that list) DO NOT sparkle! For sunlight, in any way, shape or form, kills them.
-Anyone stupid enough to fall in love with someone and then find out he's a mortal enemy to any living person deserves to be kidnapped by another one. Just cos I say so, mkay?
-Fan girls. Twilight fan girls, and idiots who think this is a decent film.......Cos I says it isn't.....and decent films HAVE a storyline, not a cataclysmic fuckup of a book shredded and rewritten to fit the demands of a Hollywood studio dependant on the film to raise their profits in an economically depressed society(Can you tell i HATE Hollywood?)
Be a hater, be a Joni hater(Co-President of the Joni Master hate club)
UKLFC
Dr. Dudette

Postby Erina » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:20 pm

UKLFC wrote:-Vampires, in ANY respectable film (we shall leave Van Helsing off that list) DO NOT sparkle! For sunlight, in any way, shape or form, kills them.

You've never heard of breaking the clichés?
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby UKLFC » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:53 pm

-Miss Killjoy- wrote:
UKLFC wrote:-Vampires, in ANY respectable film (we shall leave Van Helsing off that list) DO NOT sparkle! For sunlight, in any way, shape or form, kills them.

You've never heard of breaking the clichés?

*sigh*

Tis not a cliche. Tis a convention used since Bram Stoker wrote Dracula. Has also popped up in EVERY myth/legend/thing written or said or passed down about vampires since the dawn of whenever people believed they existed. So no, its not breaking a cliche, its a degredation of myths and legends, and also of Gothic literature to suddenly decide vampires arent killed by the sun
Be a hater, be a Joni hater(Co-President of the Joni Master hate club)
UKLFC
Dr. Dudette

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I'm tired of this ridiculous image of vampires being "hawt" and "schmexy"
They are neither of those things. The only person who EVER got a true vampire correct is Max Schreck as Graf Orlock in Nosferatu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cRvBpkOAQ4
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Erina » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:18 am

What does it matter if Stephenie Meyer wanted to create her own vampires?
latua oon lesbo
Erina

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous babbling