Monsterboard

Twilight

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Which is better?

Twilight Saga
30%
Harry Potter Saga
70%

Total votes : 60

Postby Ultimate Warrior » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:32 pm

UKLFC wrote:
-Miss Killjoy- wrote:
UKLFC wrote:-Vampires, in ANY respectable film (we shall leave Van Helsing off that list) DO NOT sparkle! For sunlight, in any way, shape or form, kills them.

You've never heard of breaking the clichés?

*sigh*

Tis not a cliche. Tis a convention used since Bram Stoker wrote Dracula. Has also popped up in EVERY myth/legend/thing written or said or passed down about vampires since the dawn of whenever people believed they existed. So no, its not breaking a cliche, its a degredation of myths and legends, and also of Gothic literature to suddenly decide vampires arent killed by the sun

Kerry, calm yourself. Please, spare the feelings of fan girls everywhere.

Though, in some ways, I have to agree with you so completely and utterly. My initial reaction was the same as yours. In fact, the only reason the books picked up for me was because the werewolves became involved (Steven Strait= yum yum :lol: ).

Now, MKJ has a point when she argued so what if Meyer wanted to create her own breed of Vampires. My own personal opinion is that this removes the Vampires from being the monsters that are through myth and legend (so in a way, I agree with UKLFC, but I do stuff like this so much that I can't really judge Mayer one jot! :P ).
Sneaking out on a Saturday night... Momma thinks you know wrong from right...
Ultimate Warrior

Postby supermonstar13 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Finished all the books...they were just awsome and fascinating :) i really liked them

ps: when i watched the movie for the first time, at the part where Edward says "Hello" for the first time, for some reason, I thought "Oh! He can talk..", imagining Bella thinking of that XD
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby Erina » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Just got Breaking Dawn and this far I've loved it. I'm on page 208/757. I just love Alice. "You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating." I started to laugh in that part.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby wolfren » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 pm

all ill say is edward is weird and bella should go to alice
wolfren

Postby cahira » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:13 pm

I agree wolfren
thanks ginacartoon for letting me use your siggie!
cahira

Re: Twilight

Postby Tarwya Cruscis » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:06 am

Twilight...let's see...
NO
XD
I've actually seen it, thought it was kinda hard to look at them because of all that sparkling O_O
:mrgreen:
Weird earth shaking tells me Bram Stoker's rollin' inside his grave, poor old bastard whose work I adore <3
I don't know if you already knew this, but when Stephenie Meyer finished the first part of such a ''mighty'' sequel, book was rejected more than 10 times XD
I think what people just like about Twilight is the part with cheesy teenage vamp romance, because it's kinda ''key'' to everything else in the movie.Thought it's really really really performed in a bad way.And Pattinson? As a vampire? Ouch.
Reading LOTR, Heinrich Hoffman or Marquis de Sade looks like fun though.
*Sweet Poison of My Kiss.....may it be Your Death*
Tarwya Cruscis

Postby Meg » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:09 am

I dont like twilight at all. I like traditional vampires.
Harry Potter is a million times better ;) LOTR too.... ;D

I've also read at least the first book so Im not just going based on other twilight hater opinions XD
Boy, you scare me one more time and I'm locking you down in the cellar.
Meg

Location: Colorado, Egypt with my favorite Mummy Age/Sex:22/F

Postby Dr. Sin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:52 pm

I prefer Harry Potter. Twilight has ruined the reputation and essense of vampires. :(
Dr. Sin

Postby Arwiel » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:07 pm

I don't think Twilight have destroyed/ruined anything, I mean... It's fantasy, there's no rules on how a vampire MUST be. It's fiction, if a writer want her/his vampires to be blue, they are and that is completely okay. I think it's nice that someone break the trend of how vampire's "should be", cause there is no "should"... In the world of books there are no boundaries, just the author him/herself.

But I love Harry Potter, they are both amazing stories in different ways, but Harry Potter was the books and the movies I "fell in love for" first, so it has place nr 1 for me, and Twilight place 1,5 ;D
Last edited by Arwiel on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The pain needs music from Lordi to be conquered, or else I wouldn't be able to bear it."
Arwiel

Postby Alvina » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:41 am

Twilight.... *sigh*
Well, I've seen the movies, I've read the books. Honestly, the "vampire-sparkle-in-the-sun-no-harm-done"-thingy irritates the hell out of me. Vampires enter the sunlight -> vampires die. No exception. No, niks, nada. Ok, moving on. Further on, Bella was... withstandable during the first three books. During the first half of the fourth book she irritated the hell outta me, being a person who'se mind is only on one thingy - have sex with Edward. And after some time it just became too irritating.
The moviiiiees... Are just as irritating. Kristen Stewart kinda annoys the hell outta me, because there's something with her eyes. Sometimes they seem to just... go across themselves, or something. The only folks that satisfied me were Carlisle, Alice, Jasper and Blondie :lol: . The rest,again, annoyed me.

So to make it short: I'll go watch the fourth movie just to 1) see the rating, 2) know what to critisize.
♥ Lordifan since: 20.05.06. ♥
Alvina

Postby KKE » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:17 am

My 2 cents:

Never really got into that...I first heard about a vampire film...was quite interested, but after several reviews I decided to never watch this.

A few years later I had a discussion with several friends and I heard that these type of vampires are GLITTERING in the sunlight? Seriously? Come on!

After that I had the chance to watch the first film in german free tv, but I didn't. I always loved vampire-stuff, I'm a big fan of a german vampire-saga and I was really addicted to the "Vampire" games (The Masquerade, Bloodlines) or else I like the Buffy series and many other vampire-films...but this.....

...just seem to be a really bad joke. In addition I don't like this "vampire loving a human being"-shit.

But actually I really don't care about this and it works pretty well, so the ones who likes it, can like it. In addition for example I don't understand all these haters, another example could be "Justin Bieber". I don't care about him and I propably just read/hear/watching something about him one to three times in a month...That's ok and I'm able to abort this, so that's what I do if I get somewhere where there is stuff I don't care about.

Maybe this is for the younger people what Harry Potter was to me and other propably older people...Although I don't know much/anything about Twilight I'm pretty sure it will suck against Harry Potter stuff. ;) Just my opinion.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Riemu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:18 am

Twilight eh? Well, I actuallu read the first book and I liked it a lot. The mood was succesful etc. really enjoyable. The movies... oh lord.
Christen Stewart is the worst actress ever. She always looks like she just took shit in her pants and she can't express any kind on real emotions. Plus, in the book the story had sense, movies just make Bella look like a selfish psycopath. If you know the story, you know what I mean.

Overall, the books are readable, sometimes even good, but the movies... bullshit. In my opinion of course.
Riemu

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:59 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Twilight, but I like them and in my opinion they are quite good. I've seen the first movie, New Moon and I just bought Eclipse DVD on Friday and I'm going to watch it next week :)
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby tsark » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:54 am

IMO Twilight is to Vampires what My Little Pony is to Lordi
tsark

Postby ksco » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:41 pm

When I hear "twilihgt" I am doing the biggest facepalm in the world. In tv program, internet I see "twilight - horror movie" when I am doing the biggest poker face in the world. I can't understand how people can like this shit. This ISN'T horror movie. It IS fucking romantic shit! I hate this film.
ksco

Postby Dr.SinJoy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:52 am

The internet anti-fan base so strong around this movie so it prevents me from watching it.
+ they sparkle
How does it feel when your life's about to end ? :twisted: :D
Dr.SinJoy

Postby kruegerguy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 am

Romances get me all depressed, I stick with horror, H.P. Lovecraft mostly.
A lot of people claim that stupid people annoy them, not me. I find them amusing.Image
kruegerguy

Postby Hellhound 382 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Okay, so here's this dispute again. Not sure why everyone is pitting twilight against harry potter. The series have absolutely nothing in common except they're big name books that were turned into movies. Now, me personally, I prefer the harry potter books. They're easier for me to get into. Lord of the rings was great, loved it. I read the first sentence of twilight and I was like...what the hell is this? However, I did read the short second life of Bree Tanner and actually liked it (Though I hated the ending and wanted to kill Stepahnie Meyer, and Dakota Fanning after watching Eclipse) I mean c'mon, she could've done so much more with Bree! And the fact that in the movie she's played by Jodelle Ferland only pissed me off more 'cause I love Jodelle, she's a badass. Anyway, enough of my rant. Harry potter all the way
-The Hellhound
Hellhound 382

Postby Kitawa » Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Alvina wrote:Twilight.... *sigh*
Well, I've seen the movies, I've read the books. Honestly, the "vampire-sparkle-in-the-sun-no-harm-done"-thingy irritates the hell out of me. Vampires enter the sunlight -> vampires die. No exception. No, niks, nada.

I don't know why I'm sticking to this, but YES, there is an exception, and it's an important one: "Dracula", the one and only by Bram Stocker.
No offence to Alvina. Personally, I dislike "Twilight" from the bottom of my heart.
That's all.
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Kitawa

Postby AnZa The Great » Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Twilight, I don't know what is it but I know that vimpires movin' on it like Edward but Harry Potter is better
'cuz I know what book/movie it is and it's interesting.
But Vampire Diaries are the best, I like it.
An' my half sister loves Twilight but she isn't here.
Rest In Peace Otus and Rest In Peace The Rev
This is Heavy Metal !!!
Elämä ei ole mitään ilman hevi metallia \,,/
AnZa The Great

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 pm

The romance in Twilight could have been more well-written. Bella could have some more emotion and Edward should be a little more respectful of her personal space. Imagine if someone else played Bella in the series maybe that actress could give Bella more emotion.

Jacob is not a werewolf he's an animagus because he turns into just a wolf. Real werewolves I like when they're more man-like and transform in the full moonlight. Okay maybe in Skyrim they're better even if they can transform whenever they want. But still I've seen better werewolves than the ones in Twilight like the ones in Harry Potter and Skyrim.

And vampires melt in the sun, not sparkle. And they're not supposed to be beautiful.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Erina » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:32 am

Oh I can't believe I used to like this crap when I was younger. Thank gods I grew up. Well, since I've read the books (and destroyed a good deal of my brain cells in the process - I miss those brain cells), at least I know what I'm talking about.

And Monsterlady38, yeah, they're not werewolves. They're "shape-shifters". (I don't even know what the hell that shit is supposed to be but I'll deal with it because as you said, not werewolves.) And as for the vampires... not vampires. Sparkly fairies. Oh, wait, scratch that because it's too harsh on the poor fairies. Let's say their species isn't determined.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Monsterlady38 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:26 am

Erina wrote:Oh I can't believe I used to like this crap when I was younger. Thank gods I grew up. Well, since I've read the books (and destroyed a good deal of my brain cells in the process - I miss those brain cells), at least I know what I'm talking about.

And Monsterlady38, yeah, they're not werewolves. They're "shape-shifters". (I don't even know what the hell that shit is supposed to be but I'll deal with it because as you said, not werewolves.) And as for the vampires... not vampires. Sparkly fairies. Oh, wait, scratch that because it's too harsh on the poor fairies. Let's say their species isn't determined.

I feel your pain Erina. When I was 16 my mom took interest in Twilight and tried to make me watch the first movie with her. I tried to get out of it, but she came up with excuses on how she believes that I don't try anything new so I watched it thought it was okay at first but as I got older and watched the rest of the series I realized. Meh....my brain's not liking this mostly because Bella lacks emotion and Edward is a creepy boyfriend. If my future boyfriend watched me sleep, isolated me from friends & family, limited my access to certain things, etc. I would dump him and then call the cops for him sneaking into my room at night to watch me sleep. I read the books too and I believe that Stephanie Meyer has secretly made Bella her self-insertion because she is obsessed with Edward and makes the romance scenes so overly descriptive. :x

To say the least, Jacob is an animagus. But in reality shape-shifters can turn into more than one thing like a Boggart. An animagus only turns into one thing which is a certain animal.

Yeah it's a little harsh on fairies especially if you're a fan of Tinkerbell for example.
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby Erina » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:18 am

Monsterlady38 wrote:
Erina wrote:Oh I can't believe I used to like this crap when I was younger. Thank gods I grew up. Well, since I've read the books (and destroyed a good deal of my brain cells in the process - I miss those brain cells), at least I know what I'm talking about.

I feel your pain Erina. When I was 16 my mom took interest in Twilight and tried to make me watch the first movie with her. I tried to get out of it, but she came up with excuses on how she believes that I don't try anything new so I watched it thought it was okay at first but as I got older and watched the rest of the series I realized. Meh....my brain's not liking this mostly because Bella lacks emotion and Edward is a creepy boyfriend. If my future boyfriend watched me sleep, isolated me from friends & family, limited my access to certain things, etc. I would dump him and then call the cops for him sneaking into my room at night to watch me sleep. I read the books too and I believe that Stephanie Meyer has secretly made Bella her self-insertion because she is obsessed with Edward and makes the romance scenes so overly descriptive. :x

To say the least, Jacob is an animagus. But in reality shape-shifters can turn into more than one thing like a Boggart. An animagus only turns into one thing which is a certain animal.

Yeah it's a little harsh on fairies especially if you're a fan of Tinkerbell for example.

Plus there are some really cool fairies in books written by Melissa Marr (the series, I believe, is called Wicked Lovely, as is the first book). Very recommendable, those books are. They're so much better than Twitlight. At least the female characters are independent unlike Bella.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Some scenes in the Twilight movies were completely unnecessary. Like for instance when they two want to make love in their new cottage in the final movie. Edward rips Bella's shirt off. Not simply takes it off but rip it in half off. Well you just wasted a perfectly good outfit.

Also if I were Bella and my boyfriend abandoned me like that I would probably cry about it for maybe a day or two and then try to move on with my life. But what does she do? She shows no signs of emotion, not even tears and just sits in her room for three months straight.

Monsterlady38

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous babbling