Monsterboard

Football!

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby kerry » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:26 pm

Spain bore me they play as Messi put it "anti football" I want Dutch to win on Sunday as they deserve it more than those over pampered Spanish jerks
Signature deleted, please read the rules and adjust your signature accordingly.
kerry

Postby mikroprose » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:54 am

Hope the Netherlands win.. :roll: Spain is also a very good team but i think it will be Holland's turn this year.
mikroprose

Postby KKE » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Hopefully Klose can play today and maybe he can reach the first place of all-time-goalgetter... He needs 1 goal to reach Ronaldo with 15 goals... and with 2 goals he would be the only one leading this statistic.

I believe Spain normally is better than Netherland. I saw several weaknesses in Netherland's defense in the last 2 (!) games. Spain had problems against Paraguay, especially against the fast Valdez, when Paraguay made it to play fast counter-attacks.

Anyway...there are several players who can decide this match for their team... like Robben, Sneijder or David Villa. In my mind David Villa is the best player in the final. But he is more dangerous, when he can play on the left side. On that position he seems to be nearly unstoppable. Way better than Robben on the right side.

edit: Poor game from Germany, especially in the first half...Anyway...Great that they made it!
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Isa » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 am

Eh viva Espagna !!!

Match sometime make me mind on catch
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby KKE » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:41 am

All in all I believe Spain deserved to win the World Cup.

The big favourite of this tournament won...
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Lightning » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 pm

really good to see Germany and Uruguay playing a great game for 3rd place. as for yesterday, was really wanting Neverlands to win but Spain were better, especially in second half. It was a shame to see Iniesta diving too towards the end cos didn't think he was that kind of player but Spain were better so really deserved it. Sure they can get the euroes again in 2012 because the team is really good and can play much better than they did in some rounds of the world cup :)

Also, good to see Forlan get the golden ball for best player of the tournament. He was amazing for Uruguay
Lightning

Postby KKE » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:54 pm

What's happening with your clubs?

This season is just unbelievable. It is so great what's happening right now, that I can't find words for it.

Borussia Dortmund recently won against their propably biggest contrahent in this season who was said to be able to stop this Borussia. Dortmund already played their best first round in the history, it also was the second best first round in the history of the Bundesliga. They were 10 points in front of Mainz and Leverkusen. In addition 14 in front of Bayern. The match was against Leverkusen and the first half didn't let you expect what happened in the second (they were pretty equal). In 6 minutes Dortmund made it to a 3:0 in the opponent's stadium - thanks to some incredible faults of the defense.

After Leverkusen changed 3 players at once, they got back into the game and 10 minutes before the end, they got their goal. That was a good phase for Leverkusen and I was frightened if they could make it to the equalizer, but they didn't.

Now Dortmund is 13 points in front of Leverkusen. I hope that they can get through the second round and get the championship. :) The signs for it are good.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Lightning » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 pm

ahh...was wondering when this thread would be revived :D

yeah, the German league is always one of the best...so competitive every year...I think our league is generally good too...though not really this year..United aren't playing no where near their best but still the best in the league...
I lean towards Arsenal in the premier league and finally went to the emirates last year to see them but generally i'm pretty neutral when it comes to football...as long as its a good game, i don't mind who's playing....hell i'm from York and we're way down the leagues...but still occasionally go incase a good game emerges...thats not too often it has to be said :wink:
Really enjoy watching the champions league though as its generally a good tournament...though think Barca shouldn't have a problem winning it...as for our league...probably United this year...though Arsenal looking better each year :)
Lightning

Postby KKE » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:44 pm

I was hoping at the beginning that Chelsea can make it. They are after Arsenal my most favourite team in England and they had a great start into the season. At the moment I mostly hope for Arsenal or that United and L'pool will get some bad results. At least it worked with Liverpool, although there might be some friendships in the szene between Dortmund and Pool I don't like them.

In addition I'm hoping for Barca(who are doing better than Dortmund at the moment), Milan and Eindhoven. So alltogether this season is pretty good to me.

Shall I mention that Mainz lost and Bayern wasn't able to win in Wolfsburg? Now the second is Hannover who were said to be one of the first teams who will be relegated. In Germany there can happen a lot because the teams are pretty equal, but this season owns everything. Nobody would have believed you when you would have said that the first three teams at this time would be Dortmund, Hannover and Mainz. And Freiburg who are 6th is a big surprise to.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Lightning » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:30 pm

i really hate Liverpool haha...they really should be doing better than they are at the moment. I'm happy though that they sacked Roy Hodgson....because i like him and didn't enjoy seeing him there :D ....i think we do well with the Premier League, but the Championship is good too....its very competetive...I quite often go and watch Middlesbrough play but in truth, their not having a great season..

I'm amazed how well Dortmund are doing this year...over 10 points clear. its an interesting league. Like Wolfsburg and Werder Bremem were right at the top only a couple of years back and now aren't even close
Lightning

Postby KKE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:38 pm

That's true, I think teams like Hannover, Mainz or Freiburg are like that at the top of the league, because the teams who normally are in the upper part of the league having a bad season. That's not only Wolfsburg or Bremen. There is Schalke, Dortmund's rival who invested a lot by getting Wolfsburgs coach Magath (who won earlier with Bayern and Stuttgart the league). They wanted to get the championship within 3-4 years. Last year it was pretty close, but in this season they suck. In addition there is Stuttgart (17/18) and perhaps you could mention Mönchengladbach too. I never thought they would get trouble in this season with that team. But they weren't lucky and got a lot of injuries in their defense. Everytime the important players were about to come back they got another injury.

Liverpool was said to be interested in Dortmund's Coach, but I don't believe he will leave in the next 2-3 years. But Liverpool was also interested in Ralf Rangnick, if they'd choose him, they would have been lucky, because he quitted his recent club Hoffenheim. I would have expected that he will succeed in England.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Lightning » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Interesting about Hoffenheim as Ryan Babel has gone their from Liverpool...be interesting to see how he does in the German League..wouldn't say he's great but think he was wasted by Liverpool a bit...considering Liverpool aren't great these days, think he deserved a bit more game time than he got :wink:
Lightning

Postby KKE » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 am

As far as I can say, I believe he is doing good in Hoffenheim...They had a lot of trouble in the last weeks. At the beginning of the season they sold their biggest star Eduardo to Kazan, then left Rangnick and Ba also forced Hoffenheim to let him go. He's a great player, but that was the wrong way.

Babel didn't score but he had big chances in the german cup, although they lost he made a good game.

It's funny what's happening right now...I heard about Torres / Carrol (?).... Strange...In addition I believe Torres won't get the money back Chelsea invested. I didn't like him before and when I saw him playing with Spain...it was far away from his current market value.

Dortmund got a big loss. Shinji Kagawa, the little Japanese who scored 8 goals in the first round (was with Barrios on place 1 in his team) broke his foot at the Asian Cup. So he won't come back in this season. But we're lucky, that we have several great young players. Now, Götze is going to play on his position and he is doing well. He is said to be the biggest talent in Germany. This weekend we won in Wolfsburg 3-0 - I didn't expected that.

Next weekend to come: Rival Schalke. Hopefully we can get them a second time. It will be a tough game, although Schalke is doing bad.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Lightning » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:44 pm

KKE wrote:It's funny what's happening right now...I heard about Torres / Carrol (?).... Strange...In addition I believe Torres won't get the money back Chelsea invested. I didn't like him before and when I saw him playing with Spain...it was far away from his current market value.

Well Torres hasn't performed well as of yet for Chelsea. I've never been a fan of him. David Villa is much better for Spain...I couldn't believe Carrol too cost Liverpool more money than Barcelona paid for Villa...thats just mad :?
Lightning

Postby Milred Sandman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona.

Wow! In the 26th minute Villa scored. Then i believed that Barca would win.

And as you can see I don't always have right about this things.Anyway the match were good itself Maxwell did do some mistakes. :lol:

Btw. Maxwell is in Barca :roll: :o

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Lightning » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:54 pm

i think the result surprised everyone....though i think Arsenal will still go out....think its going to be a bit of a tough ask to stop Barcelona scoring quite a few at the Nou Camp :wink:

was an enjoyable game though on Wednesday...both of them played some good football :)
Lightning

Postby Milred Sandman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 pm

You're right! and almost every time one of the teams got the ball they get a chance scoring.

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby KKE » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:23 pm

First: Valencia had to sell Villa, because they needed the money, but it was very much. In Germany this won't happen often. I believe M.Gomez who was selled for 35 Million is the only transfer which is near to Villa in Germany. Babel still got no goal, propably he needs more time. In addition in Wolfsburg things aren't going well, although they invested some more money. McClaren was fired...

Concerning, Arsenal - Barca. I knew Arsenal would be able to win, but in this match I didn't expected it, because Barca was dominant most of the match. In addition they didn't got the goal, Messi scored.

It's not that important to me, who will win. I think Barca is the best team in the world at the moment, but if Arsenal wins and Bayern won't get far, I'm hoping for Arsenal to win the CL. That was a great match in this week, I was so glad about that German TV showed this match in Free-TV, they couldn't send the german match, because it was on tuesday and they are only allowed to send on wednesday if there are still 2 german teams. Maybe the best match I saw in this season concerning the abilities of the teams.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Lightning » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 pm

KKE wrote:First: Valencia had to sell Villa, because they needed the money, but it was very much

oh yeah for sure...nah i'm not having a go at Valencia at all...a no brainer..its a huge amount of money...i'm more having a go at how ridiculous the transfer market has got recently...ever since Ronaldo going to Real for 80 million...and perhaps even before that. Think Carroll though is best example...he looks great but only 22 and just come up with a promoted team to the premiership....35 million seems really excessive
Lightning

Postby KKE » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:32 pm

YES!

DEUTSCHER MEISTER WIRD NUR DER BVB, NUR DER BVB, NUR DER BVB!

Dortmunds young team made it today to win the german championship although there are still 2 matches to go. But they won against Nürnberg, while Leverkusen lost against their rival from Cologne. ;)

How are doing your teams?

See you all next year in the Champions League! :twisted:
Dinner is served!
KKE

Re: Football!

Postby Monster-Girl » Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm

oh hello football thread! :)
Due to the current financial crisis facing the world at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off to save on electricity costs, until further notice.

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous babbling