Monsterboard

Football!

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby KKE » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 pm

I don't think Argentinia or Brazil will make it....Netherlands and England will play a good role in my opinion. Although both lost some good players.

Germany...I don't know. The coach Löw didn't take the best players in my mind, but the last results were ok.

Something to Messi...For Barcelona he makes great matches, but for Argentinia he isn't that good.

Strange the curse on Chelsea-Players...Ballack, Drogba, Mikel, Essien....maybe some more?
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Lightning » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:28 pm

I think its Brazil this year. Brazil or Spain...know their the favourites but think they'll dominate that side of the draw. the winner of their inevitable game i'm sure will win the whole thing..

outside bet maybe on England, Germany or Italy but seems unlikely. Think Germany will knock England out...but hopefully not :D
Lightning

Postby _eesti999_ » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:17 pm

First game is behind. And it ended with 1:1. South-Africa had 2 wonderful chances, but they hit goal post. I really wanted that they win. But I liked Côte d’Ivoire and their gameplay in last FIFA cup, so I hope, that they are one, but not the onliest Africa team, who will reach to round of 16.

I also took part of a football pools. I remember some answers, I voted. There they are:
Who will win: Spain.
Does Brazil reach to the final: No
To which team goal most balls will be kicked: France (their game is really unsteady, so they will reach to round of 16 somehow, where more balls will be kicked to their goals).
Does all the players will survive after the Cup Final, without getting killed: Yes
_eesti999_

Postby Monster-Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:56 pm

this first game was sooooo predictable... well.. it had to be like that! i think it was some kinda setup!
Due to the current financial crisis facing the world at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off to save on electricity costs, until further notice.

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby KKE » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:09 pm

the match result explained the match...although I hoped that SA would win...

Anyway...it was also a great job of the referee-team in my mind. Got the difficult offside-decisions and several other stuff...1-2 yellow cards for south africa should have been given, but denying the penalty was right in my mind. Both decisions would have been ok.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby S92 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:38 am

Big match tomorrow, England v USA!! Who are you non-English and non-American people supporting? :P

My prediction is England 3 USA 1. I have confidence in the England side, and with Wayne Rooney on the pitch I'm sure we will beat them.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby KKE » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Thats exactly what I would say at the predicted result. ;)...But I think USA is better than most people think...And England just had some negative News going around...Not very good for the mood...Propably this game is going to be closer as most people think. ;)

In a Manager-Game I own Rooney, Lampard and Bradley from the USA...Hopefully noone will do a mistake. :) (Also the keeper of south korea)

In addition I'm interested in Argentinia...They are a favourite team of this cup, but I don't believe they are as good as the odds say...They are like the 3th - 5th team for winning the world cup if you sort the odds after the less result if you bet on a team winning the cup...Hope you get what I'm trying to say :D
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby AAore » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:56 pm

go america
Feel Good.
"They always survive while I lose everything"
AAore

Postby Monster-Girl » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:32 pm

goooooooooooooo USAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Due to the current financial crisis facing the world at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off to save on electricity costs, until further notice.

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby KKE » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:26 pm

Seriously....I hate this ***** "Go xyz" and other stuff like that...If you have something more to say it would be cool and not Spam. ;-)

England and their keepers...a story that will never end I believe...:shock: :P

England should get better than this...I know they can...but anyway...it would be better for Germany if they lose. :twisted:

It was great to see south corea winning against Greece. They did a great match.

Unfortunately Nigeria wasn't that lucky...Close games 'til now. I'm really interested in the first game which will be won with more than 2 goals.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Monster-Girl » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

i can tell you this:

I am sooooooo F**KIN happy that england didnt win!

and i can tell you this:

bravooooo USA (tho, pitty they didnt win)! :D

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby _eesti999_ » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Ghana won! Although it's penalty, but I they did it. Looks like Côte d’Ivoire has Portugal and Brazil to fight with, but let's hope that Ghana win at least in the group.
_eesti999_

Postby KKE » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:42 pm

_eesti999_ wrote:but let's hope that Ghana win at least in the group.

Not! :P

Here are still some people of Germany. :twisted: They deserved the 3 points. Good Game, but I hope against Australia or Germany they're going to lose. Ghana could be second, although I'd like to see Serbia on the second place after Germany...Only because Subotic is going to be the second man next Vidic...and Subotic is playing for Dortmund. :wink:
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby kerry » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Germany were just awesome tonight!
Signature deleted, please read the rules and adjust your signature accordingly.
kerry

Postby KKE » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Best team 'til now. :shock:

Perfect evening...I was a bit disappointed that Marin was only able to take part of the match about 10 minutes. He was in my mind the best german player in the last season.

Australia has a great defense, that's what you hear about them all the time...But in this match...Maybe Germany was just too good.

Podolski and Klose were discussed in Germany a lot...Cool that both were able to show why Germany needs them.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby _eesti999_ » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:08 pm

KKE wrote:
_eesti999_ wrote:but let's hope that Ghana win at least in the group.

Not! :P

Here are still some people of Germany. :twisted: They deserved the 3 points. Good Game, but I hope against Australia or Germany they're going to lose. Ghana could be second, although I'd like to see Serbia on the second place after Germany...Only because Subotic is going to be the second man next Vidic...and Subotic is playing for Dortmund. :wink:

Oh yeah, I had forgotton that Germany is in the group. :lol:
I still remember that Germany had the same players in last FIFA world cup in 2006, so I think it's players, who just do so good. Just like England and Spain.

The game yesterday was really fantastic, it just looked like it's a PC football game and the level is set to "easy". Amazing game. No doubt, who will reach to the half-final.
_eesti999_

Postby KKE » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm not yet sure if they can make it through the quarter final... ;) But I expect minimum quarter finals for Germany.

The team isn't really like 2006. There are several players who played there, sure, but there are 6 or 7 players from the U21-team of Germany who won the European Cup. It's the 3rd youngest team after Ghana and North Corea afaik.

New young players are: Neuer, Badstuber, Khedira, Müller, Kroos, Boateng, Özil, Marin, Aogo and Tasci

In addition there are new: Wiese, Butt, Trochowski, Cacau, Kießling and Gomez I believe...

16 players of 23 in Germanys team didn't take part of the team in 2006. ;D
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Lightning » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm quite pleased with my predictions so far. Thought Germany and Netherlands would have a good start and they have. Think Germany are looking really good. and with such a young squad, their looking good for the future :)

England were pretty shit last week sadly. especially Rob Green :roll: Don't want to slag him off too much because thats what everyones doing here at the moment but it was a really shocking mistake...Still picking Brazil for world cup though :)

Brazil vs North Korea tonight. Number 1 in the world vs 105 in the world. could be a few goals :)
Lightning

Postby _eesti999_ » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Switzerland vs Spain - 1:0. Chile vs Honduras - 1:0. Who waited these results? Okay, I'm happy that Chile won after all these years. But Spain lost, present European Champion. Many predicted Spain for the World Cup winner. But now they have difficulties to be 1st or 2nd at their group.
_eesti999_

Postby KKE » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Chile was the favourite...;)

I'm feeling great to see Swiss winning. :) Heard the end in the radio after an exam today...perfect start in a day-off learning for university-exams and celebrating birthday... :) I like Swiss because of Alex Frei...I hope he is able to play next time. :/

But it's not that good that all the big teams lose. If they get all on the second place maybe they're one of the teams which is going to play against germany...Don't know right now who may come in the next round...I knew only that Germany could play against Argentinia in the quarter finals (if they win the group) and against Spain in the half-final (if they win the group)...All predictions for nothing... :D
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby S92 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Germany will play group C (England's group ;)) in the last 16. Group C winners play Group D 2nd place, Group D winners play Group C 2nd place. I hope both England and Germany win their groups, so then there is a possibility of an England v Germany final! :D

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby KKE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Wasn't quite sure, but thought about the England group...So it wasn't that good for Germany...USA would be better for Germany. At least that is what I think...Well, but with these goalkeepers maybe I should prefer England. :P

At the moment I'm quite sure England would loose the half-final against Netherlands. Both didn't do well, but Netherland is a bit better at the moment in my mind.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby S92 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm pretty sure that England will change their goalkeeper from now on. I hope so anyway!! :lol:.

I think you can't judge a team on their first game. Look at South Africa: the first game they drew 1-1, the 2nd game they lost 3-0. Argentina won their first game 1-0 and didn't look amazing, but in their 2nd game they won 4-1 and looked amazing. ;)

I still have hope for England!!

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby KKE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:27 pm

F**** ref... I saw the 3-1 was offside...I predicted a 3-1...At the moment all preditcions of me are right...And England had some more problems in the last weeks...

South Africa isn't that good and Uruguay has a phenomenal offense...Suarez got 35 goals in the league...Although it's "only" Netherland (no offense to this league, I like it pretty much, but the quality isn't that high compared top England, Spain and Germany or Italy), this is unbelievable great.

I hoped that Nigeria would win now... but I don't think they can win this after the red card. But they had a great chance some minutes to go...

edit: :twisted: Great...a friend of mine with a mexican father watched the game with Frenchmen. Just heart the end in the radio... perfect day. :D

edit2: I wasn't able to watch the game, but .... WTF? The referee wasn't that good as I heard...Damn...but hopefully ManUtd is now going to concentrate on getting Subotic for 2x million € :) The money would be great for Dortmund.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby S92 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:28 am

What an amazing day!! England played great, and now we'll play against Germany in the next round!! :D I really can't wait, it will be a great game!

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous babbling