Monsterboard

Favorite KISS Album?

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby King » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Prove_Your_Monsterloving wrote:kiss is the band playing too soft music for me (as you and everyone call it classic rock), so I don't like them at all, but if to think deeply, there's just one song that my father listened to when i was younger and that I loved too and still like but don't listen to; it's a song I Was Made For Loving You Baby if I'm right

I'm not criticizing your opinion, but sounds funny that first you say that Kiss plays too soft music for you and then you say that you like Kiss's most disco/pop song.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Prove_Your_Monsterloving » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:12 am

King wrote:
Prove_Your_Monsterloving wrote:kiss is the band playing too soft music for me (as you and everyone call it classic rock), so I don't like them at all, but if to think deeply, there's just one song that my father listened to when i was younger and that I loved too and still like but don't listen to; it's a song I Was Made For Loving You Baby if I'm right

I'm not criticizing your opinion, but sounds funny that first you say that Kiss plays too soft music for you and then you say that you like Kiss's most disco/pop song.

I just remember this song from my early ages when I was 10-11 maybe, now I don't listen to it but I still remember the tune and music so there can be songs that I like and they can be rather soft...
Prove_Your_Monsterloving

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:33 am

Now you better run before the big L sees it and bites your head off.... :lol:
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby Dr.SinJoy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Good To Be Bad Girl wrote:Now you better run before the big L sees it and bites your head off.... :lol:

Why should he ? :lol:
How does it feel when your life's about to end ? :twisted: :D
Dr.SinJoy

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Dr.SinJoy wrote:
Good To Be Bad Girl wrote:Now you better run before the big L sees it and bites your head off.... :lol:

Why should he ? :lol:

Think man.. Think! :lol: :roll: :lol:
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Re:

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:23 pm

The new KISS album should be out in early 2012 as far as I've heard.. :D :cry: :roll: :)

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Re: Favorite KISS Album?

Postby Dr.SinJoy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Some time ago I heard it was supposed to be released during this summer, but you'll be right on this one.

SPOILER AHEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

They posted some name songs from interview on their FB page: Hell Or Hallelujah, Born To Be A Sinner, Out Of This World and Are You Ready?
How does it feel when your life's about to end ? :twisted: :D
Dr.SinJoy

Postby Milred Sandman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Dr.SinJoy wrote:Some time ago I heard it was supposed to be released during this summer, but you'll be right on this one.

SPOILER AHEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

They posted some name songs from interview on their FB page: Hell Or Hallelujah, Born To Be A Sinner, Out Of This World and Are You Ready?

I also heard a song called ''Martha Stewart'' probably just a rumour though... :lol:

Milred Sandman

Postby Hemitys » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 am

I wonder what Mr. Lordi thinks about the title of the upcoming KISS album... 8)
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby King » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Hemitys wrote:I wonder what Mr. Lordi thinks about the title of the upcoming KISS album... 8)

That's exactly what run through my mind when I saw the title. For me it looks like the perfect homage.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Milred Sandman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:05 pm

King wrote:
Hemitys wrote:I wonder what Mr. Lordi thinks about the title of the upcoming KISS album... 8)

That's exactly what run through my mind when I saw the title. For me it looks like the perfect homage.
what's the title ?? I gonna look it up on kissonline :D

EDIT: i saw it four days ago and ''MONSTER'' On a title sound cool :lol:

Milred Sandman

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:32 pm

KISS is done with making the record, just producing and such left...

here's a official KISS Monser logo revealed..

http://www.kissarmysweden.net/kiss-monster-logo

and also an interview with Tommy Thayer ( lead guitarist)

http://www.kissarmysweden.net/intervju-tommy-thayer

:wink:

Milred Sandman

Postby korovnikovd » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:31 pm

It's hard to choose, my top 3 is "Lick It Up", "Crazy Nights" and "Revenge". Well, "Revenge" is their first album I listened and I was really surprised that Kiss play not only pop rock songs like "I was made..." :mrgreen: So I just fell for Kiss because of the opening song ("Unholy"), still it's one of my favorites.

Overall, I admire their works from the period without make-up, coinsidentally (oh because it's all 80's spirit) my favorite albums were released only that time. Though, I also like "Destroyer" and "Creatures of the Night".
Last edited by korovnikovd on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
korovnikovd

Postby Monsterlady38 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:08 am

I really can't choose one! :lol:

Here are my faves:

The debut
Destroyer
Rock & Roll Over
Love Gun
Creatures of the Night
Revenge
and Monster
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:34 am

As I said in another discussion, my favorite is either Revenge or Sonic Boom. And if I am to make a TOP 5 then after those two it's probably something along the lines of Dressed To Kill, Psycho Circus and Crazy Nights.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Cannibal's Candy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:53 pm

Which Kiss album would you recommend me to listen to? I usually listen to Melodic Hard Rock / Metal, like Lordi, COB, Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Sonic Syndicate, Eluveitie, Threshold, Dream Theater, so the melodies are the most important thing for me.
Cannibal's Candy

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Cannibal's Candy wrote:Which Kiss album would you recommend me to listen to? I usually listen to Melodic Hard Rock / Metal, like Lordi, COB, Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Sonic Syndicate, Eluveitie, Threshold, Dream Theater, so the melodies are the most important thing for me.

Well KISS has always been a melodic band so the melodies are always there. But I guess which album you'd wanna go for first depends on what you're looking for. If you want to explore the sort of classic KISS and the style that they've become known for then that's the 70s albums. That's pretty much the guitar-driven rock 'n' roll KISS is known for. But based on the bands you've listed I'd say Creatures Of The Night might be a good album for you to start with - it's one of KISS' heaviest and it's a very loud and bombastic 80s heavy metal album and echoes very much the kind of style that Lordi does as well. KISS' 80s output after that album in general is the sort of hair metal that a Lordi fan might go for, although a lot of the albums - especially Asylum - are very poppy and polished. For something harder and heavier I'd highly recommend Revenge which is about as heavy metal as KISS has ever gotten, although Lick It Up and Animalize are pretty ballsy albums as well all things considered.

But these are only my suggestions - I'd be very interested to hear what other fans might suggest as good KISS albums to start with. I myself started with the best-of album The Very Best Of KISS and then moved on to Dynasty as my first real KISS studio album, but you know... In retrospect that was a curious album to start with, I admit. :P Still one of my favorites though, even if it is a very pop album.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby korovnikovd » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Cannibal's Candy wrote:Which Kiss album would you recommend me to listen to? I usually listen to Melodic Hard Rock / Metal, like Lordi, COB, Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Sonic Syndicate, Eluveitie, Threshold, Dream Theater, so the melodies are the most important thing for me.

I started with Revenge and still I'm sure that my idea of listening to KISS would have been abandoned but for accident due to which I listened to Revenge. That time I had listened to the bands which are kinda heavier than KISS, and I would say something like "Nah, it sucks" if I started to dig their 1979-81 period with those pompous costumes and songs like "I Was Made...". You know, it's the only song that is well known in Russia, though I guess it's the same in Europe. But it's not what KISS is about, and I tell it to every single one, "KISS IS NOT "I WAS MADE FOR LOVIN' YOU"!!" :lol:
korovnikovd

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:23 am

Search Kiss Shreds.

You're welcome.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:31 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:

Search Kiss Shreds.

You're welcome.

I can vouch for that - you have not lived until you've seen this masterpiece.

And just to make the search easier, here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5oJoUYTb8

I urge anyone who hasn't seen it to watch it immediately. And even if you have, just watch it again for the heck of it. Because why wouldn't you?
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Ghostrider93 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:12 am

My three first favorite are Monster - Sonic Boom - Destroyer
Be yourself! Do not be ashamed to show what you like, and do not be ashamed to admit that you are different.
Ghostrider93

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:05 am

Ghostrider93 wrote:My three first favorite are Monster - Sonic Boom - Destroyer

Those three have some epic tracks.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby korovnikovd » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:23 am

That's my top 5, it has kinda changed since my first post here. But still only one classic album, oops.

1. Revenge
2. Lick It Up
3. Creatures of the Night
4. Destroyer
5. Asylum
korovnikovd

Postby CampCrystalLake » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:01 am

Good choices!

I think my top three are

1. Lick it Up
2. Destroyer
3. Crazy Nights

But I enjoy nearly all tracks. I will put Spotify on shuffle for KISS and rock out to them all - even "I was Made..." :lol:

Currently spinning Motorhead though... :cry:
A.K.A Vampire Girl
Fan of horror & the paranormal. Author and amateur Journalist.

LORDI Army UK and Ireland - https://www.facebook.com/LordiArmyUKIreland/

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4319&p=579013#p579013
CampCrystalLake

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous babbling