Monsterboard

Last Seen

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Last Seen

Postby MBL » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:01 pm

I saw this thread in another forum, and thought it would be cool if I started it here.
Simply post the last movie you have seen, and tell us what you think about it. If you want, you can also rate it.

It was actually pretty disappointing. Though the concept was cool, the story was lame...really lame. It's like Emmerich just wanted to make a film about prehistoric times, and didn't think much about the story.
I'll give it a 5.5/10, because of its concept.
MBL

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:34 pm

I watched a movie called The Village last week.. It's about a village in Pennsylvania. There's a forest with horrible beasts around the village and beasts and villagers have a deal: if villagers don't come to the forest, beasts don't come to the village.

It also includes a beautiful lovestory between quiet Lucius and blind Ivy.
:)

I really liked it, I'll rate it 4/5 'cause the beginning was a little boring but the rest was very good.
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby AAore » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Better story than the other two. This one's got better special effects than the others, but the effects still suck.. But it's an old movie so I guess it's okay..

I'll give it 3/5 because of the story ;)
Feel Good.
"They always survive while I lose everything"
AAore

Postby Mooneyman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:33 am

1996 film 'Brassed Off' - a small budget 'comedy' based in the United Kingdom.

This film is difficult to see as a comedy. Set during the very bleak period in the 1980s when over 140 coal mines were scheduled for closure, this film tells the story of the only thing close to a legacy a closing mine has - the brass band built of the now ex-miners.
There's a brass band competition at the royal albert hall, and the conductor is desperate to take them, but the miners, of course, have no heart for it any more - they've no money, no job and no future.
When the conductor falls terminally ill and all of them are struck with a prospect of poverty, the competition is all that's left.

This film is excellent. It's bleak, it's 'real' and it's entirely British. It's very working class, wonderfully acted and given a beautiful ending by Mr. Pete Postlethwaite.

5 out of 5 stars. I love this movie.
Mooneyman

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Again a time for a new movie to me: Død snø

It's a Norwegian splatter/comedy horrormovie. I think that there was a little bit too much blood, but it was kinda fun :D The plot was good also.

3/5

EDIT: I fixed my typos 'cause I wrote that in night so there was some weird language in it :lol:
Last edited by Police Line Do Not Cross on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Thomas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:45 am

Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:Again a time for a new movie to me: Død snø

It's a Norwegian splatter/comedy horrormovie. I think that there was a little bit more blood, but it was kinda fun :D The plot was good also.

3/5

Haha, that movie is just so terrible.. :lol: You should see the Norwegian parody of Kill Bill, Kill Buljo :lol: Same people :lol:

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Thomas wrote:Haha, that movie is just so terrible.. :lol: You should see the Norwegian parody of Kill Bill, Kill Buljo :lol: Same people :lol:

Isn't it also Tommy Wirkola's movie? :D Mmm, maybe sometime! But like I said there was a little bit too much blood in Dead Snow, but it really made me laugh often.. It was just so can't-be-true movie so I had to laugh, not be afraid! :lol:
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Thomas » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:
Thomas wrote:Haha, that movie is just so terrible.. :lol: You should see the Norwegian parody of Kill Bill, Kill Buljo :lol: Same people :lol:

Isn't it also Tommy Wirkola's movie? :D Mmm, maybe sometime! But like I said there was a little bit too much blood in Dead Snow, but it really made me laugh often.. It was just so can't-be-true movie so I had to laugh, not be afraid! :lol:

What's funny with Dead Snow is that it really starts out as a horror movie, but suddenly it's just a big mess :lol:

Yeah, Kill Buljo is Tommy Wirkola! :lol:

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby Erina » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl

Something so amazing. I really, really love this movie, especially the scene where Jack and Elizabeth are in the island drinking rum. "But why is the rum gone?" So funny and awesome!
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby donnawhite » Fri May 13, 2011 2:29 pm

A Grand Day Out With Wallace And Gromit - Animation was so good and really enjoyable family movie.
Watch Free Movies Online | Watch Free Movies
Entertainment is in art like color in pictures.
donnawhite

Postby Meg » Sun May 15, 2011 2:24 am

I just watched Salt.
it was really good! kept me guessing the whole time!
Boy, you scare me one more time and I'm locking you down in the cellar.
Meg

Location: Colorado, Egypt with my favorite Mummy Age/Sex:22/F

Postby Fallen One » Tue May 24, 2011 1:38 pm

The Devil Wears Prada...

Within a couple of hours I can change that to Pirates of the Carribean 4

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby Deadly Kid » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 pm

I watched "Vanishing On 7th Street" a few days ago.

Maybe it won't scare you too much, but you'll enjoy :) Btw it looks like a combination of Dark Floors, The Walking Dead and Saw; at least, I thougt so.
Deadly Kid

Postby Meg » Wed May 25, 2011 12:58 am

that movie looks interesting! I'm so watching it tonight :lol:
Boy, you scare me one more time and I'm locking you down in the cellar.
Meg

Location: Colorado, Egypt with my favorite Mummy Age/Sex:22/F

Postby Shotgunkiller » Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Godfather 2. Top that suckers.
No matter what I post here it'll still be AWESOME!
Shotgunkiller

Re: Last Seen

Postby Rubenlink » Sat May 28, 2011 4:27 pm

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 4 last night with a few friends. A good movie, though the story was not that good. The action was, as always, awesome. But there were some strange twists in the storyline... When I wanted to go home by bus I saw there weren't any busses riding! So I called my mom out of her bed... She was pissed off :lol:

RIP Otus!
Rubenlink

Postby Monsta » Sat May 28, 2011 5:38 pm

I was bored and this film was aired on TV last night so I watched it.
It was so freaking dumb I enjoyed it, really low-quality humour! :lol:

(sorry for the picture being so big)
Monsta

Postby Thomas » Sat May 28, 2011 6:21 pm

The last movie I saw was "Quarantine". I have to say: What a crappy movie :lol: Stupid, stupid movie with no plot at all, zombie-like-creatures everywhere and.. Just plain dumb.. DON'T WATCH IT :lol:

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby Hemitys » Sat May 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Now this was one the films that had been on my "must see"-list for ages. I've seen this as a kid but it must have been maybe... god, 20 years ago? So I couldn't really remember anything about the film.

It was a blast to see that movie hadn't aged one bit though it was done in the 70's. I won't spoil anything but like you probably guessed - it's about UFO's and aliens.

A clever plot, great acting, a reallllly cool vibe overall and magical scenes. If you're into UFO movies, I think this has to be one of the best. Also one of the finest Spielberg movies IMO. Check it out if you haven't already.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby MBL » Sat May 28, 2011 7:42 pm

The Host

Even though the concept wasn't really original (Asian monster film), the plot was still great, the acting too. It reached its highpoint somewhere in the middle, the ending was a little boring though.
"GET INTO THE CAR AND DRIVE"
MBL

Postby Erina » Sat May 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Watched Beauty and the Beast again yesterday. It's as lovely as ever (though I hate how it ends). Chip, Lumière and Cogsworth are really great, and Beast too, of course. I really, really love this movie, it's my favorite Disney movie (and one of my fave movies of all). Alan Menken is one of the best composers in this world and in Beauty and the Beast he composed the most beautiful music♥
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby _eesti999_ » Sun May 29, 2011 12:55 am

Just watched that movie. Although it's an horror movie, it has a really... frightening romantic line in it. Recommended to watch it, truly, and then decide if you want to hurt someone with love (horror movies are the onliest genere that makes me look the world in different angle).

Edit:
Now finished this. Even better. I love horror movies that are japanese remakes, because original american-movies aren't so creepy made at 21st century, expect remakes ("Friday 13th", "Amityville Horror"), based on a book/PC games, etc ("The Dark", "Silent Hill") and "Mirrors" that is an exception.
_eesti999_

Postby anushka » Sun May 29, 2011 2:48 am

Do you like zombie movies? You need to see this one. Zombies have some kind of intelligence. And of course, it´s made by Romero, father of zombie genre. Some nice gore scenes, blood and everything what you need in zombie horror. And for girls there is Simon Baker :twisted:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Shotgunkiller » Sun May 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Stop linking those pictures it's killing my computer. And I watched the world's 3# greatest movie- Forrest Gump. Truly brilliant in every aspect music, characters and the world. Tom Hanks is one of the best actors in the world (Nicholson is probably the only better). Hopefully gonna see Godfather 3 soon.
No matter what I post here it'll still be AWESOME!
Shotgunkiller

Postby _eesti999_ » Mon May 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Remake of a remake. Although it's an "killing horror movie" with lot of blood, I still like it as there's much more suspense than in Saw. Those little villages and slurs have always felt frightfully. Paris Hilton is in it, who got killed.
_eesti999_

Next

Return to Miscellaneous babbling