Monsterboard

Last Seen

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Last Seen

Postby miss_brutality » Mon May 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Ah James Wan and Laigh Wannel once again deliver an amaaazing horror! Though low budget and not even slightly gory it has an ooriginal plot, a twist, and alot of scary and damn freaky scenes ! If you want something super creepy this is one of the best movies IMO but if you connect "horror" with blood this is not for you! :D
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Hemitys » Mon May 30, 2011 8:15 pm

^ Justin Bieber is starring?
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby _eesti999_ » Mon May 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Hemitys wrote:^ Justin Bieber is starring?

He was also in CSI once, so it's not a miracle that he's an actor.
_eesti999_

Postby miss_brutality » Tue May 31, 2011 8:35 am

Don't worry the kid doesn't really look like him as much as in teh poster xD
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Mooneyman » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Forgot James Cameron's 1997 Chick Flick, this is the real Titanic movie. Based upon a book by Walter Lord, It doesn't rely on any artificial melodrama and barely makes anything up - it relies on nothing but the original story and eye-witness accounts. With excellent acting, rather impressive special effects for the time and a lot of integrity, it stands the test of time - despite the fact some of the knowledge they had in 1958 has since been disproved.

It's British film making at its best - and, in fact, film making overall.
Wonderful film without American actors running about on the top of a CGI ship that captures everything about the disaster.
Mooneyman

Postby Vilce » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:47 am

This is a movie I watch at least once a month, and the last time was yesterday :) For some mysterious reason, I really like movies about these kind of themes, I can't really explain, why. Maybe it's because they make you remember that life isn't all about sugar, fluff and dandelions.
It tells the story of a Polish Jewish pianist struggling through the years of World War II, seeing how the life they have been leading till the invasion is taken from his family by the Nazis. The scene in which the main hero is walking through the empty Warsaw getto is one of the most sad and moving scenes I have ever seen in a movie.

( thought I won't decline I feel like a white sparrow here, watching such serious movies :lol: )
Vilce

Postby Monsta » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:58 pm

I have watched this too many times already since I was like 6 and I still think it is hilarious by some reason. I can imagine not so many people will agree with me but this movie is a freaking masterpiece! :mrgreen:
Monsta

Postby MBL » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:43 am

Man, I used to love this movie when I was like 7 or 8. To be honest, it also scared the crap out of me. :lol:
Gotta watch it again for the nostalgia.
"GET INTO THE CAR AND DRIVE"
MBL

Postby andy4600 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:11 am

miss_brutality wrote:Image

Ah James Wan and Laigh Wannel once again deliver an amaaazing horror! Though low budget and not even slightly gory it has an ooriginal plot, a twist, and alot of scary and damn freaky scenes ! If you want something super creepy this is one of the best movies IMO but if you connect "horror" with blood this is not for you! :D

This is an excellent Physiological Horror. One of the best films I've seen this year.
Tomni 'Otus' Lillman - Gone but never forgotten

Twitter - @AndrewOXLowe
http://andylowe.blog.com/
andy4600

Postby Erina » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2

BEST. MOVIE. EVER!! I cried a lot, I admit, but as an ending to the series... wow, I'm speechless. It was plain great! If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it as soon as possible. Rupert Grint was awesome (and hot), as were Matthew Lewis (Neville) and the Phelps twins. Also Daniel Radcliffe wasn't as bad as in some of the movies. All and all I'm very happy Harry Potter got probably the best ending there could be.

I simply loved it. Cried a lot, but loved it.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby KKE » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:54 pm

NOT!

Sorry, but part 1 was way better. I was a bit (but only a bit) disappointed. You could realize that for example Emma Watson wasn't often available so it had very few scenes with her (and as I heard she had several double in addition in this film). And I really don't care about actors or doubles, but it's an important role and although I forgot the details from the book I'm pretty sure there were missing several scenes with her, propably because she was missing also some scenes with her and Ron...
It is a good movie but compared to part 1 it sucks. The violence has been reduced, I have no problem with that, but after part 1, why should they reduce it as if you want to watch this saga, you have to see part 1 too. ;D

The last part with being parents and stuff... I don't like it... Didn't like it in the book... if they wanted to put it in the film too, they could have just put some text at the end. The scene at the train station looked so bad...The ageing process has been implemented in a bad way...Bad Joke... :D

So: Could have been realised in a better way.

DH Part 1 is my favourite of all (Harry Potter) films.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Erina » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Opinions are something that can't be fought of.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Shotgunkiller » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Erina wrote:Opinions are something that can't be fought of.

Wrong. The fighting is easy but it just doesn't lead anywhere if the discussers are stubborn and or stupid. But if people don't talk about opinions then what do they talk about? Facts?

Lord of the Rings Two Towers. It's definitely a hundred times better than any of the Harry Potter-films. And it's not even the best of the trilogy. Because I'm lazy I'll just list plus and minus. a few spoilers ahead probably
+ Merri and Pippin. A great growing story with some depth in it.
+ The new Gandalf
+ The film is not in a rush (like all the HP:s)
+ Suprisingly good actors (most of them anyway)
+ A few good jokes
+ The film is beautiful
+ Gollum

- Frodo and Sam are kind of side show Bobs.
- The super extended version is kind of long if you don't take any cigarette breaks
- This minus is in the books today. Sauron doesn't appear. Wtf? The biggest villain of the whole damn show and all you see and or hear is orcs and tales of great evil. It would be easier for the viewers if the evil had face.

EDIT: Erina it is not a crime but I find it ludicrous.
Last edited by Shotgunkiller on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter what I post here it'll still be AWESOME!
Shotgunkiller

Postby Erina » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Okay, please. So I liked the last Potter movie. Crime, is it, that my opinion isn't the same as yours?
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby KKE » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:17 pm

It was just my point of view...After Part 1 I expected more. No offense or anything. Didn't spoke much with my friends about, maybe they liked the film also like the way you do. ;)
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 pm

I've watched lots of movies recently but I do review only about 2 movies , 'cause IMO they were the best.

Finnish horror-movie made in 2008 (it's very often compared to Dark Floors, btw) Sauna. I watched this twice. It's a story about two brothers who have done lots of sins. They find a little village from the forest, and from the village they find this sauna. (pretty scary looking, huh?) Villagers seem to be afraid of it, and when you see the film you know why.. The end is the most scariest scene but this movie has pretty scary scenes all over it. If you're from Finland and you haven't watched it, WATCH IT, because it's everything else than you expect. And if you're not from Finland, try to watch it with English subtitles, even it's not quite same.

Screenshots:
http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/imagecache/feature_img/aj_annilas_sauna.jpg
http://media.nerdblerp.com/uploaded/2010/06/1277763713_Sauna05.jpg
http://www.watchfreemoviesonline.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/sauna-movie-scene.jpg
-----
Eclipse.. I didn't go to watch it to the cinema (it would be free for me). But now, something about 1 year after it was releashed, I bough it on DVD with 9,95 euros. And I gotta say that I'm happy that I bought and watched it. Now I've seen all 3 Twilights and I'm in the land of Twilight- fans. Eclipse maybe is the best Twilight movie.
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Nilian » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 pm

I saw The Horrible Bosses last week. It was so funny and I have never seen Jennifer Aniston playing such a perverse role.

They will just be an ember
Yet your flame's burning high
They will not be remembered
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

Postby Hemitys » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:37 am

A good, solid Marvel film. Didn't have high hopes for this but it was a positive surprise. Best of these pre-Avengers flicks, even slighty better than Thor which was also a fun, entertaining movie. Went to see this 2D since the 3D is getting really boring, hate the colour distortion and it's a bitch to wear those 3D-glasses for 2+ hours when you have your own glasses under them.

Packed with action, nice acting (Hugo Weaving & Tommy Lee Jones were cool as always) and I really enjoyed the 40's world they created.

And yes - you should sit and wait for the end credits to roll, there's some nice footage afterwards...
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby andy4600 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:32 am

Apollo 18 was a disappointment. The film took a while to get going and when it did it was a bit of a let down. The plot had the potential to be a great movie, but when you see what the "aliens" look like I was laughing at how ridiculous it was.

Tomni 'Otus' Lillman - Gone but never forgotten

Twitter - @AndrewOXLowe
http://andylowe.blog.com/
andy4600

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:29 pm

The Thing

Great movie by John Carpenter. I'll rate it 5/5. Though it's pretty old, it has damn good special effects. The best movie I've seen from Carpenter.
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Maddy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:21 am

The Conjuring

I've to admit that I'm a huge James Wan (Director & screenplay writer of movies like: SAW, Dead Silence & Insidious).
This guy simply knows how to scare the hell outta me!
The Conjuring definitely is a genious movie. Storywise it might seem a bit boring at the first sight, because you think you known it from alot of other demon-/exorcism movies. If you ask me the way the movie is done is simply masterful.
There are not many moments where you can simply calm down and breath without counting that something is happening in the next second.
This movie is simply an entire adrenaline rush. You definitely should see it if you want to be really scared! :D
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Erina » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:22 am

I just watched Thor. Had to purchase it because I liked Avengers and the trailer of Thor: The Dark World was so awesome that I just had to see the first one.

Wasn't disappointed. I really love this movie. Always loved Natalie Portman to death and I think she was very good in this one. And after seeing Avengers I developed some very strong feelings to Thor and Loki who also didn't disappoint me. Tom Hiddleston is awesome, period. Chris Hemsworth is also awesome. Plot-wise it wasn't the most original movie ever but I don't care. I enjoyed it and that's what matters.

So all and all:
This movie, I like it.
ANOTHER!
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby _eesti999_ » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 pm

"Despicable Me" (1&2)

A bit better than other animations, although Gru and the kids didn't do the best acting in the movie.
But the minions were maybe the best entertaining characters ever in any animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeHPznHRJBw

Despicable Me 1 - 6/10
Despicable Me 2 - 5/10
_eesti999_

Postby miss_brutality » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Maddy wrote:The Conjuring

I've to admit that I'm a huge James Wan (Director & screenplay writer of movies like: SAW, Dead Silence & Insidious).
This guy simply knows how to scare the hell outta me!
The Conjuring definitely is a genious movie. Storywise it might seem a bit boring at the first sight, because you think you known it from alot of other demon-/exorcism movies. If you ask me the way the movie is done is simply masterful.
There are not many moments where you can simply calm down and breath without counting that something is happening in the next second.
This movie is simply an entire adrenaline rush. You definitely should see it if you want to be really scared! :D

I really wanna see it! Hope I'll have the opportunity to do so soon! I'm a huge fan of James Wan as well so I'm really looking forward to this one!
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Rosalie » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 pm

I just watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part 2)

(I don't know how to post pictures [to much computer-ish words and codes)

Part two was really good but when it got to the bit where Snape died I completely lost the plot :cry:
Literally, I was howling (not exaggerating) my eyes out and I soaked a cushion and the ends of my hair when he died... :cry: :cry:
Oh, Lordi, I'm crying again. Right, I'm off to hide in my wardrobe and watch Severus Snape GIFS.. :cry:
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous babbling