Monsterboard

Do you have own band?

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Do you have own band?

Postby AnZa The Great » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 am

I see this topic in finland-discussion "Sekalaista höpinää".
Well, do you have band and can you tell somethink?
I have band it's name is BackStageBurners and we play metal music.
It started 2009 or 2010. Our drummer gets fired and mabey we gets the third guiarist.
Our guitarist and vocalist is come from China now. We learn in the school because basist doesn't have bass.
I am just now only guy who can play somethink instrument.
I am lead/rythmguitarist and sometimes vocalist. We have two basist, two guitarist, mabey sometimes three and we looking for new drummer.

Say somethink if you don't understand.

-Anza-
Rest In Peace Otus and Rest In Peace The Rev
This is Heavy Metal !!!
Elämä ei ole mitään ilman hevi metallia \,,/
AnZa The Great

Re: Do you have own band?

Postby Milred Sandman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:16 am

Last edited by Milred Sandman on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Mr. Sandman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:30 pm

I wish i was in a band.
Hell, i would but the thing is i cannot play any instrument well enough. I can just play stuff like intros if i practice them for months and months.
Mr. Sandman

Postby Thomas » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Im in a metalband, check it out if you want to ;) You'll find the links in my signature

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby AnZa The Great » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Now we have two basist, three guitarist, drummer and two singer.
So, we have now six members, ha ha. I and drummer have balls to metal, so, we can play at Ruonalan school such in VappuRock.
See you next time! :mrgreen:
This is Heavy Metal !!!
AnZa The Great

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:50 pm

One of my friends was thinking of forming a band. We have not actually started so it's not officially formed yet. I plan to do the vocals and my friend wants to do guitar. He really seems to want to have the band based off symphonic (did I spell that right?) metal because I think he is obsessed with Nightwish and Cradle of Filth which are symphonic metal. I am all for the idea of being in his band but nothing has started yet. :P
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Isa » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Ermmm I don't know if you know but Cradle of Filth and Nightwish it's how should I say........not really same

Cradle of Filth it's symphonic BLACK metal it mean that most of time the vocal is veryyyy different
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Isa wrote:Ermmm I don't know if you know but Cradle of Filth and Nightwish it's how should I say........not really same

Cradle of Filth it's symphonic BLACK metal it mean that most of time the vocal is veryyyy different

Yeah you're right about that. I forgot to mention that my friend is a symphonic black metal fan. Haha I forgot to add the "black" part. Yeah they are quite different bands. I didn't know earlier about that, looks like I know now, thanks for correcting me :P
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:
Isa wrote:Ermmm I don't know if you know but Cradle of Filth and Nightwish it's how should I say........not really same

Yeah you're right about that. I forgot to mention that my friend is a symphonic black metal fan. Haha I forgot to add the "black" part. Yeah they are quite different bands. I didn't know earlier about that, looks like I know now, thanks for correcting me :P

Their actually extreme metal to be honest.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Isa » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Some say extreme metal, other say symphonique black metal
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Isa wrote:Some say extreme metal, other say symphonique black metal

They played various styles, including death/crust at an early stage. Nowadays, it's more hardcore/extreme with slight elements of symphonic. I could discuss genres and styles all day long.

But this is getting offtopic. Carry on.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Markiisi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:58 pm

I play in a metal band, our first song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYBdVjIPdVE
I am the ultimate insanity!
Markiisi

Postby AAore » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:24 pm

That was cool!

And I'm so excited because tomorrow my band will have our first gig :D and next week we'll "hit the studio" and record our first singel with two or three songs on it! THis is ssoogreattt! :mrgreen:
Feel Good.
"They always survive while I lose everything"
AAore

Postby Monsterlady38 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:06 am

I have a friend who is working on creating a band now. I think they play Alternative or something I've never seen them practice or do their demos but this friend of mine is the vocalist, I should ask him how it's going. :P

Monsterlady38

Postby JUZ » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:21 am

i have band called OMNIFORCE doing some demos, (more info at daemonaerum@gmail.com )
"Nothing's forever, nothing is ever meant to last
Trying hard as hell to get it back
Time has no meaning when love means more than life"

Lordi: And the Zombie Says from Monstereophonic (Theaterror VS Demonarchy), 2016
JUZ

Postby Anza Shadow » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:14 pm

I have been in so many bands... But now I have joined in one, band's name is Blacktric.
www.youtube.com/BlacktricTV
We play aome kind of metal and Rock 'N' Roll, I have been in the band about amm... maybe 7 months.
We have played already two gigs. First gig has over 300 viewers 'cuz we played it in my school.
The 2nd one was a private gig, both were awesome :D
We aee gonna share one of our song with music video... Oh I forgot...
We have three members Ene (drummer), Miko (Lead Guitar) and me Anza (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals).
We don't have a bassist yet, but we're doing well without it :D
Anza Shadow

Postby andy4600 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:46 pm

I have a band called Wooden Horse. I play bass and write most of the songs. We're a Thrash band with Dark Ambient thrown in.
Tomni 'Otus' Lillman - Gone but never forgotten

Twitter - @AndrewOXLowe
http://andylowe.blog.com/
andy4600

Postby Miss-Elodia » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:21 pm

I was the keyboard player/backing vocal/lyrics writer in the band I created with friends, named "Square Root" (we all did maths studies, that where comes the name :wink: ) But we decided months ago to stop everything because our studies became more important and we didn't have enough time to dedicate to the band. If you want to see the lyrics I wrote you can go to my deviantart (link in my signature). Some are part of an "kind-of-opera" I wrote all by myself.
Keeping Markus in my cellar since 2015.
Twitter Tumblr Facebook Lordi stories on FanFiction
Miss-Elodia

Postby AnZa The Great » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:40 pm

I must write this :D Anyways, nowadays I play in a band called Blacktrich. We have Lead Guitarist, Rhythm Guitarist (me), drummer and bassist.
We play metal, of course and hard rock, I think.
If you wanna here something from us here's a link: www.youtube.com/Blacktrich
There's two songs, Never Again and Endless Heart.
This is Heavy Metal !!!
AnZa The Great

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 pm

AnZa The Great wrote:I must write this :D Anyways, nowadays I play in a band called Blacktrich. We have Lead Guitarist, Rhythm Guitarist (me), drummer and bassist.
We play metal, of course and hard rock, I think.
If you wanna here something from us here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/Blacktrich
There's two songs, Never Again and Endless Heart.

Listened to the songs and even with no vocals I quite liked what I heard. Think I'll have to keep a close eye on you guys in the future over on Facebook or something. ;)
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Cannibal's Candy » Sun May 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Me and a friend of mine kind of a have band. He plays the guitar, I play the drums, and for recordings keyboard and bass. My brother would be the singer and keyboardist but he studies hours away from me...

So, I've written over 50 songs now, the earlier ones being melodic hard rock (like in Lordi, the melody is to the fore, just without the horror aspect), and recent ones have a more metal and a bit progressive feeling to them (still melodic).

Now that me and the friend of mine finished school, we're gonna record some demo songs in the coming weeks, and I'll hope that we'll find a singer and a someone for the bass soon.

I'll post the links to the demos as soon as they're on YouTube :)
Death from above mercilessly annihilate everything

Check out my Metallica/Iron Maiden covers: https://www.youtube.com/user/COB710/videos
Cannibal's Candy

Postby AnZa The Great » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Since I've not been active lately: http://youtu.be/917RNOhyky8
New song called You'll Die For Nothing
Be sure to check that out :D
This is Heavy Metal !!!
AnZa The Great

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:56 pm

^ Sounds great once again!

And seeing as how I haven't posted my own musings on my own projects and endeavors here yet I might as well do that now seeing as how I'm already posting anyway. I mean I've posted about this stuff in the Finnish discussion already, so why not here?

I don't have my own band but I do write songs and have for years now. For the most part I write song lyrics and I've posted a healthy amount online over the years. But usually when I write I do start to get a melody playing in my head to go along with what I'm writing and more often than not when I finish a set of lyrics I can already hear the song in my head. My problem is though that I can't really play an instrument well enough to play my own stuff, nor do I have any concept of notes. I can hum or sing the melody I hear in my head but I have no idea how you would play it. I guess I'd need someone to help me decode the melodies in my head and put them into actual notes. :P Or try and learn how to program instruments and then create the songs on my laptop myself.

But yeah, it would be really cool to have a band of my own though to be able to finally realize the songs I have playing in my head. That and it would be fun to try and actually collaborate with other people and actually try and work off of other people as opposed to just writing by myself. I'd be curious to see what kind of results I'd get being inspired by other people and by others offering their ideas on what I've already created. Would be cool to have some kind of a project going with a bunch of friends where you could just have fun and create. Maybe some day... I mean I have enough ideas in my head for album covers, stage sets, costumes, music videos and all that kinda stuff to fuel several different bands so there would certainly be no shortage of ideas on my part. :D
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Cannibal's Candy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi, please check out 'THE HARD WAY' by my band 'Sleepless Sky'. In the video you'll see me recording the drums for the track, unfortunately I didn't film the recording of the other instruments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56hKdx6 ... CFX8r_f7Lg

Me and my older brother have been writing songs for about 7 years now, with our biggest influences being Lordi, Nightwish, COB, Iron Maiden, film music and several others. We now have written about 60´-70 songs. The genre could be described as Melodic Hard Rock; some of my newer songs are going into the Heavy Metal direction, still focussing on the melody.
Finally we recorded 4 songs (just the instruments) at home in my little 'studio' :)

So yeah if you like it, give it a thumbs up or subscribe or share or whatever you want to :mrgreen:
Death from above mercilessly annihilate everything

Check out my Metallica/Iron Maiden covers: https://www.youtube.com/user/COB710/videos
Cannibal's Candy

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:14 pm

^ Good melodies - I couldn't help but start coming up with vocal melodies to go along with the music as I listened to it. :P
MarkusHasADeadache

Next

Return to Miscellaneous babbling