Monsterboard

MMB 42

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: MMB 42

Postby judge death » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:09 am

Oh nice :) No idea when students get summer holidays these days let alone in Finland or UK or USA.
I could only wish for free time, that is something I dont have exactly. :lol: Days just sweeps past.

Go and see Mad max fury road! Its awesome and movie of the year in my opinion, its not that bloody but a lot of action going on and amazing photography and stunts. :)

Looking forward to see Jurassic world as well, probably gonna go and see it on 12 of June.

Hmm wasnt there a thread named or about: Your favourite memories with Lordi here? Can´t find it now.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Miss-Elodia wrote:
Monsterlady38 wrote:I'm getting out and volunteering since I can't find any work. :( least until I can go back to school that is.

Currently browsing social media on my warship, (don't judge it's my imagination) what has everyone been up to? I have not been here in a while.

Damn. It does get more difficult to find work nowadays. :(

What have I been up to...? Well, I've searched for a summer job for two months now and I think I'm gonna give up. Got no answers at all. Apart from that I'm proud to say that I got my driver's license. I guess I have to thank my instructor who helped me to get rid of my big fear of driving a few days before the exam. :)
I took my last university exams last week. And well, I'm a 100% sure I wanna continue my English studies. It's great, especially after the Medicine studies catastrophe I told you about a year ago on this topic. :P
And I kept the best for the end: In a few days I'll be flying to Finland to spend two weeks with my sweetie. I can't wait. It's gonna be awesoooooome. :3
So yeah. :mrgreen:

Well at least I'm not alone who's having trouble finding work. I finished my college program in August, and was lucky to land a job in my field of study but the job only lasted a month before I left because things were not going well there. Long story. :( It does get more difficult these days. I've even sent out applications to random places to get some general experience but no one has called me back. I managed to get two interviews between when I quit my job and now but still NOTHING.

I now volunteer at a senior activity center and my local hospital. I don't know if I should continue to look for work because I'm going back to college in 3 months to start a new program so maybe there's no point finding a job now.

I have my license too, G1 though but I still need to practice some more and retake a final evaluation with my instructor and I have to take the G2 test sometime soon.

Have fun in Finland :)

Like I said, I've been job hunting since I left my last job in September and I have had no luck. The furthest I got was two interviews and that's it. Maybe I should stop now because I've got my volunteer work, I'm going back to school in September and I'm not in desperate need of a lot of money right now. I'm not broke or anything, I do have money.

But when I have to go back to job hunting I'm going to follow up with EVERY application I send out, no matter what it is.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Para-Noir » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:07 pm

The longest time without listening to Lordi? 8 years and about 5 months.
I think I'm paranoid.

KLIK!
Para-Noir

Postby korovnikovd » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Para-Noir wrote:The longest time without listening to Lordi? 8 years and about 5 months.

WHAAAT :shock:

My record is a few days I guess
korovnikovd

Postby Jere S » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:11 pm

korovnikovd wrote:
Para-Noir wrote:The longest time without listening to Lordi? 8 years and about 5 months.

WHAAAT :shock:

My record is a few days I guess

Over eight years without listening to Lordi would be impossibility for me. I've been a true Lordi fan over six years and five months now and I can't see any reason why I would stop listening to their music. Lordi is the best, f**k the rest!

My record without listening to Lordi is also maybe few days.
ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! 8)
Jere S

Postby Mooneyman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:12 pm

I've not listened to the group since shortly after Otus died and I realised the band were not the people I thought they were.

And I've not been wrong about any of their releases or endeavours since. :lol:

Funnily enough it directly correlates with when I became a music journalist.
Mooneyman

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Mooneyman wrote:I've not listened to the group since shortly after Otus died and I realised the band were not the people I thought they were.

Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby korovnikovd » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Mooneyman wrote:I've not listened to the group since shortly after Otus died and I realised the band were not the people I thought they were.

Well, for me their personalities were always an advantage of the band.
korovnikovd

Postby Erina » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:58 pm

judge death wrote:Go and see Mad max fury road! Its awesome and movie of the year in my opinion, its not that bloody but a lot of action going on and amazing photography and stunts. :)

Done, went to see it today (alone, actually, but I had Vader with me^^ my bed-time Sith lord pal that is). Yeah, it was awesome! I might be a little gay for Furiosa, actually xD and yeah, the photography and stunts were amazing, and I was so happy that it wasn't just about explosions and insane cars, that it had an actual plot too.

Went to see Jurassic World last Friday, and got nothing to complain about that either. The Raptors were so adorable! Sure, they could kill me just like that but still, I loved them so much and now I want nothing more than to adopt four lizards and name them Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo. Also Bryce Dallas Howard spending the entire movie in high heels and not tripping or tumbling once was pretty dang badass too^^
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Para-Noir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:02 pm

Yes, the raptors were cool and all, but when you have learned to fear them after watching the first two films, you really wouldn't want to have them as pets. Those things are nasty.
T-Rex should have had more screen time. He's the ultimate beast in my books and the face of the franchise, so when they brought her (I assume it was a female) to the final battle it was way too little too late. She should have been released so much earlier.

I still worship that theme and this film was almost as good as the original Jurassic Park. As a male I felt a certain lust towards Bryce Dallas Howard throughout the whole film. Maybe it was her red hair.
I think I'm paranoid.

KLIK!
Para-Noir

Postby Erina » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:08 pm

I got into university!!! Third time truly was the charm, as the saying goes^^ oh, I'm so relieved~ I sacrificed most of my mental health last spring for this, I've earned this! And at last my future is at least somewhat clear.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Mooneyman » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:

I should be dropping the mike, shouldn't I?

korovnikovd wrote:

Well, for me their personalities were always an advantage of the band.

I'll say nothing in response to this. Only that personalities can be both deceptive and destructive in the industry.
Mooneyman

Postby Dr. Sin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Erina wrote:I got into university!!! Third time truly was the charm, as the saying goes^^ oh, I'm so relieved~ I sacrificed most of my mental health last spring for this, I've earned this! And at last my future is at least somewhat clear.

Congratz.
Dr. Sin

Postby Miss-Elodia » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Erina wrote:I got into university!!! Third time truly was the charm, as the saying goes^^ oh, I'm so relieved~ I sacrificed most of my mental health last spring for this, I've earned this! And at last my future is at least somewhat clear.

Congratulations! :mrgreen:
"Se oli tonnin seteli!"
Keeping Markus in my cellar since 2015. All mine to keep~
Twitter Tumblr Facebook FanFiction
Miss-Elodia

Postby Erina » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 am

Thanks you both^^ I've honestly never been this happy before~
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby korovnikovd » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:46 am

Erina wrote:And at last my future is at least somewhat clear.

I know it's a wonderful feeling! :) Congrats!
korovnikovd

Postby Nilian » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:27 pm

Congratulation! :)
They will just be an ember
Yet your flame's burning high
They will not be remembered
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Nice one, great effort :) Congratulations!
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Kitawa » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:40 pm

Congratulations! What're ya gonna study, if you don't mind me asking?
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Kitawa

Postby Erina » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Kitawa wrote:

Congratulations! What're ya gonna study, if you don't mind me asking?

Of course not^^ I'm gonna study history in Helsinki University.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Heavyalist » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Can I post a youtube link of my band's demos here? We've just recorded them and uploaded one and I/we kinda want to see if people like it or not. I am asking because i don't want to be a self promoting douchebag.
Heavyalist

Postby BloodRedSandgirl » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:37 pm

Heavyalist wrote:Can I post a youtube link of my band's demos here? We've just recorded them and uploaded one and I/we kinda want to see if people like it or not. I am asking because i don't want to be a self promoting douchebag.

I'd love to hear, go for it !

(Don't mind me just stalking y'all after such a long time of inactivity)
Ya better pucker up, and open wide, and take it cause we love you
BloodRedSandgirl

Postby Heavyalist » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Oh cool :D .

So our sound is based on oldschool Heavy -Thrash Metal, with shadows of rock and groove. You might hear influences of Metallica, Lordi, Iron maiden and such. And yea please don't forget it is only a demo, it's not studio quality. We've just settled and have a few gigs planned before the real studio thing.

You can listen to the full demo on bandcamp: http://damageslovenia.bandcamp.com/album/direkt-iz-kleti-dobesedno-demo
Or on our YOUTUBE channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMauF4jua5AhokGypt_bfOQ

So I would be pleased with your opinion about songs, even if it's harsh, but please not to harsh :lol:.
Heavyalist

Postby BloodRedSandgirl » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Heavyalist wrote:Oh cool :D .

So our sound is based on oldschool Heavy -Thrash Metal, with shadows of rock and groove. You might hear influences of Metallica, Lordi, Iron maiden and such. And yea please don't forget it is only a demo, it's not studio quality. We've just settled and have a few gigs planned before the real studio thing.

You can listen to the full demo on bandcamp: http://damageslovenia.bandcamp.com/album/direkt-iz-kleti-dobesedno-demo
Or on our YOUTUBE channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMauF4jua5AhokGypt_bfOQ

So I would be pleased with your opinion about songs, even if it's harsh, but please not to harsh :lol:.

Not bad guys! You certainly know how to play, I'll give you that. It's a bit off my music taste though, but I really like the melodic stuff, especially Better Now :)
Ya better pucker up, and open wide, and take it cause we love you
BloodRedSandgirl

Postby Heavyalist » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:55 pm

BloodRedSandgirl wrote:
Heavyalist wrote:Oh cool :D .

Not bad guys! You certainly know how to play, I'll give you that. It's a bit off my music taste though, but I really like the melodic stuff, especially Better Now :)

Heavyalist

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous babbling