Monsterboard

MMB 42

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: MMB 42

Postby kappe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Heavyalist wrote:Oh cool :D .

So our sound is based on oldschool Heavy -Thrash Metal, with shadows of rock and groove. You might hear influences of Metallica, Lordi, Iron maiden and such. And yea please don't forget it is only a demo, it's not studio quality. We've just settled and have a few gigs planned before the real studio thing.

You can listen to the full demo on bandcamp: http://damageslovenia.bandcamp.com/album/direkt-iz-kleti-dobesedno-demo
Or on our YOUTUBE channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMauF4jua5AhokGypt_bfOQ

So I would be pleased with your opinion about songs, even if it's harsh, but please not to harsh :lol:.

That was some damn good stuff! I really love that raw sound since I'm fan of thrash music (Metallica, Anthrax and Slayer). Keep it up! :D
kappe

Postby Heavyalist » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:32 pm

kappe wrote:
Heavyalist wrote:Oh cool :D .

So our sound is based on oldschool Heavy -Thrash Metal, with shadows of rock and groove. You might hear influences of Metallica, Lordi, Iron maiden and such. And yea please don't forget it is only a demo, it's not studio quality. We've just settled and have a few gigs planned before the real studio thing.

You can listen to the full demo on bandcamp: http://damageslovenia.bandcamp.com/album/direkt-iz-kleti-dobesedno-demo
Or on our YOUTUBE channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMauF4jua5AhokGypt_bfOQ

So I would be pleased with your opinion about songs, even if it's harsh, but please not to harsh :lol:.

That was some damn good stuff! I really love that raw sound since I'm fan of thrash music (Metallica, Anthrax and Slayer). Keep it up! :D

Thank you :D
You might also check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/damagband?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Heavyalist

Postby Cannibal's Candy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:23 am

I would also like to use this thread to post a video of my band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_OGBL9Rv10

I would describe our sound as Hard Rock with some Metal elements. Main influences are Lordi (just the catchy melodic sound, not the monsterstuff :D ), Children of Bodom and Nightwish (although you don't hear a lot of it, those were the first metal bands me and my brother listened to, so I guess they had a big influence on us) and some Iron Maiden.
Death from above mercilessly annihilate everything

Check out my Metallica/Iron Maiden covers: https://www.youtube.com/user/COB710/videos
Cannibal's Candy

Postby Mooneyman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Yesterday I became the Official PR Man (or scribe, as we're dubbing it) for my favourite festival. It's had me as press w/free tickets for about two years, typing up reviews and promo articles on my Webzine, etc - but now feels comfortable with me being 'part of the family' and has offered me a very real job as voice of the event to the outside world.

It feels absolutely bizarre. I never expected any of this to happen! :lol:
Mooneyman

Postby Kitawa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Grrrrrrr I'm going crazy doing illustrations for pay when I am totally not in the mood for drawing but the deadline is looming. Times like these I think about quitting being an illustrator. I just wanted to vent about this so here we go.
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Kitawa

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi ya all! Long time no Monsterboard.. How's everybody doing? I'm very into playing bass at the moment and my band's doing really well too! Here's my latest bass cover - http://youtu.be/JZLK7MweA_Q - Nightwish's Slaying The Dreamer.

Kitawa wrote:Grrrrrrr I'm going crazy doing illustrations for pay when I am totally not in the mood for drawing but the deadline is looming. Times like these I think about quitting being an illustrator. I just wanted to vent about this so here we go.

Oh my I'm so late but hopefully you succeeded in making your illustrations :)
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby ksco » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:00 am

okaaaaaay, one question, why The Song Game is delated? :|
ksco

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:13 pm

ksco wrote:okaaaaaay, one question, why The Song Game is delated? :|

Whaaat?! :o Who did it? :cry:
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Jere S » Sat May 07, 2016 6:40 pm

ksco wrote:okaaaaaay, one question, why The Song Game is delated? :|

Nooooo!! That was my favorite... Why? Whyyy??!! :cry: :(
ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! 8)
Jere S

Postby ksco » Tue May 10, 2016 7:39 pm

That was my fav one too.. I dunno.. I dunno why and I dunno who delated.. And it isn't fine if someone did it and didn't tell us why...
ksco

Postby Hemitys » Thu May 12, 2016 9:20 am

No idea why it was deleted but wasn't me for sure. Feel free to start a new one.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue May 17, 2016 5:25 pm

Hemitys wrote:No idea why it was deleted but wasn't me for sure. Feel free to start a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Just when I pop in to see what's going on after all this time, there's nobody here! boo :cry:
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Milred Sandman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:06 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:Just when I pop in to see what's going on after all this time, there's nobody here! boo :cry:

Well, since you wanted some action here, is it okay for me to send a link to my bands first single? (We changed singer after this, he mainly sings ac/dc)

If you are interested for more - please be sure to check us out on Facebook ;)

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:04 am

Milred Sandman wrote:
Monsterlady38 wrote:Just when I pop in to see what's going on after all this time, there's nobody here! boo :cry:

Well, since you wanted some action here, is it okay for me to send a link to my bands first single? (We changed singer after this, he mainly sings ac/dc)

If you are interested for more - please be sure to check us out on Facebook ;)

Sure. :) go ahead. Anything to promote your new band, and to get this place active again. ;)
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby Milred Sandman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:27 pm

Great thanks! 8)

This is my band! The songs lyrics is about immigration and the whole situation we have, especially in my city where many are against people from other countries, so we decided to make a song about racism, and why we should everyone have a shot in life you know! The song was highly appreciated for a debut demo/single, so the song got some time at the local radio :wink: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Nr2a44cJk

PS: I'm the drummer

Milred Sandman

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:24 pm

Very nice :) good song with a good message.

I think it's good that bands and artists should write songs about standing up to racism because enough is enough y'know. Everyone deserves equal rights, and here in Canada it can be a problem too, but my sympathy goes out to the US a lot because it's even worse down there! :(

Ah you're the drummer, good gooooood. :) :twisted: (yes that reference was necessary :twisted: )

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:15 am

^^ Pretty damn good song. Catchy and melodic with a great guitar riff, not to mention you guys sound great!
Miss-Elodia - my life partner in crime. <3
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Milred Sandman » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:58 pm

Thank you so much guys! I'm really thankful! :D For real!

If you want to see more - here is a clip with us performing "If you want blood" by AC/DC :)

https://youtu.be/yTBV-UG003U?t=20m34s

The crowd really liked the ac/dc stuff so we play more covers now, but we are aiming to hit the studio in the fall!

We also have a facebook page - Check it out if you want!

"The Wires" :)

Milred Sandman

Postby Monsterlady38 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:56 pm

I hate how August can go by so quickly..... :(

Monsterlady38

Postby Ida » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:37 pm

I'm currently going over "Moonbathers" by Delain, and I'm struck by how sometimes, you get hit by an album and everything makes sense. When I was out listening to "Monstereophonic" the other day I did it in the middle of the night, in the middle of a forest, and I found myself being extremly comforted by the dark, but the moon being my only light guiding my way, which brought my thoughts back to what Charlotte said about the album, about how "Moonbathers" represents the ultimate light in the dark, or represent us who find comfort in dark rather than the light.

I've been so hooked on the album since. I'm not a that big of a Delain fan normally, but this album, every single song just speaks to me and I'm just spellbound to it. Any of you guys had any experience like this with an album?
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:02 am

^ This isn't really the kind of experience you probably mean, but I can't help but think of all the times I've been out in the woods listening to an album on my iPod and have had the music enhance the experience of being outside. When I was doing my military sevice a few years back, when we had evenings off I'd go out for a jog in the woods nereby, and I'd have my iPod with me. One evening I started my jog by putting on Dream Theater's album A Dramatic Turn of Events, and having that slow build-up of On The Backs of Angels before the song really gets going really made running feel completely different. Like the moment the riffs kicked in I instantly started running faster and felt like I was soaring. I had a similar experience with Edguy's album Age of the Joker. I do also remember going out for a walk once while listening to probably my favorite Metallica album, Ride the Lightning, and as For Whom the Bell Tolls started playing, I noticed I instinctively started marching to the beat of the song. :D
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Ida » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:29 am

Well, I can still do nothing but agree with you! I have the same. When I was out, and listening to the mentioned album, when the opening of the second part started... You know, it was like I could see things happening, like, it felt like I could see enchanted mushrooms, fairies and whatever come out of the woods, out of the corners. The music brought me to a fantasy world, and it's just... The impact music has on you sometimes, you know? Or when I listen to Sabaton - more to be exact - the song "Swedish Pagans" I just start running around faster and more than I ever thought I could.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Dr. Sin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:25 am

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:When I was doing my military sevice a few years back, when we had evenings off I'd go out for a jog in the woods nereby, and I'd have my iPod with me. One evening I started my jog by putting on Dream Theater's album A Dramatic Turn of Events, and having that slow build-up of On The Backs of Angels before the song really gets going really made running feel completely different.

I did exactly the same thing, but with Machinae Supremacy's album Overworld. There's a downside to this, though, and that is the album being associated in my mind to the fucking military service shit. I'm finally starting to get over the association by listening the same album in a completely different context. Overworld deserves better than to be associated with six months of slavery.
Dr. Sin

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:01 am

^ There's a lot of albums I associate with places now that I think about it. When our family went up to Rovaniemi in 2007 because I wanted to visit the Lordi Square and the Rocktaurant I listened to KISS' Creatures of the Night album in the car. Now whenever I hear songs like Keep Me Comin' I immediately think of Lapland. :D Or albums I listened to in high school when they were brand new such as Deadache and Babez for Breakfast, The Final Frontier by Iron Maiden or Screamworks by HIM can't help but bring those halls and classes back to my mind.
MarkusHasADeadache

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous babbling