Monsterboard

Favourite Band out of the Big 4?

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Favourite Band out of the Big 4?

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 am

So I'm sure we all know the big 4: Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax.

My favourite? I go with Megadeth cause they've got great songwriting. Dave Mustaine is a god to me. And they're songs are what I call thrash. I even liked their latest album. :)

So which one out of the big four is your favourite and why?
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Re: Favourite Band out of the Big 4?

Postby Isa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:32 am

I hesitate between Slayer and Anthrax

I got to learn like Anthrax with the time and their last album is a killer, with them it's more "some albums I love them, other album I skip them 'cos don't like at all". Slayer it's more some songs I like and they are a bit on every album but I found that without Dave Lombardo it ain't the same at all.

Saw them both live and enjoy both gigs
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:48 pm

I don't like any of them very much. My bro likes Metallica and they've got a few good songs.. And Megadeth has some good songs too. But lets say Metallica then.
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Metallica's decent in my opinion I like the albums Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets but none of their new stuff has caught my eye cause I think it's become too soft for me. :roll:

Slayer and Anthrax I don't have much of an opinion of because I've only heard a few songs by them but those songs I've heard were their popular ones like "Anti-Social" by Anthrax and "Raining Blood" by Slayer. Lucky you Isa, :) glad you enjoyed it. :wink: I hope that I can see one of the big 4 live one day. Hopefully for me it'll be Megadeth, they came here this year but I missed it because I was away. I hope to catch them next time.

So far I've liked most of Megadeth's albums, especially their latest one, and Rust in Peace was really good too. The other two I have (CTE & PSBWB) are pretty good.

Anyone else? :)
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby Isa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Saw Megadeth too as they where playing before Slayer but I am not fan of them (except song "Symphony of destruction"), my boyfriend saw them 3 times in 4 years but I let him go alone.
Isa

Postby Rosalie » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 pm

I haven't listened to Anthrax, yet, but I like the other three! :mrgreen:
Fade to Black is my favourite Metallica song and I love James Hetfield! :twisted:
I worship the album God Hates Us All (its amazeballs. Yes, I actually used the word amazeballs :roll: )
And I love Super Collider!!!! :mrgreen:
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:23 pm

Most big Megadeth fans didn't like Super Collider but I loved it.

Super Collider ROCKS!! I bought it and became a hardcore Megafan. My fave song on that one is "Forget to Remember" if you're reading my Megadeth fanfiction on wattpad that is the name of the next chapter! (spoilers! XD)

Symphony of Destruction was the song that struck my identity as a Megafan, I was watching the Top 50 metal bands and saw the music vid and remembered the song when I first bought CTE a few months ago. Megadeth opening up for Slayer eh? Nice, I wish I was there. :) Well I'm putting Megadeth on my concert bucket list now, but I don't think they'll be coming back here until after they make another album. Fingers crossed that I don't miss them next time! :twisted:

Fade to Black is a good Metallica song. My fave off Ride the Lightning is For Whom the Bell Tolls. (btw im wearing my Master of Puppets t-shirt right now and I have a Megadeth shirt as well)

You love James Hetfield Rosalie? Hahahaha, I love Dave Mustaine! He's super hot!!! <3 :oops: :twisted:

Monsterlady38

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:52 am

Sorry for double-posting. Isa, you were saying something earlier about Slayer on their songs. What are some of their songs that you like? (most of them I probably haven't even heard :P )

Even though I don't listen to Slayer people also tell me the band isn't the same since Jeff died either... :|

Monsterlady38

Postby Isa » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:50 am

I don't have hear or see Slayer after Jeff's death then I can't say. When I saw them Jeff wasn't playing too then never saw them with him, hard then to really can compare

My favorite of them is "Angel Of Death" and in the album "Reign in Blood" (albums after this one also have good songs on it), those are albums from the 80 in most recent album I advice "World Painted Blood" with my favorite "Americon"
Isa

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:19 pm

"Angel of Death" I heard once from that album. The 80's is always the good stuff. The other one I've never heard of.

Monsterlady38

Postby andy4600 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Megadeth and Anthrax, closely followed by Slayer. Don't particularly like Metallica.

The thing is, there are a few thrash bands that are better than the big four bands.

My ideal "Big 4 of Thrash" would be KREATOR, Sodom, Megadeth and Anthrax.
Tomni 'Otus' Lillman - Gone but never forgotten

Twitter - @AndrewOXLowe
http://andylowe.blog.com/
andy4600

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:19 pm

andy4600 wrote:Megadeth and Anthrax, closely followed by Slayer. Don't particularly like Metallica.

The thing is, there are a few thrash bands that are better than the big four bands.

My ideal "Big 4 of Thrash" would be KREATOR, Sodom, Megadeth and Anthrax.

Just switch out Megadeth and Anthrax for Testament and Exodus and the list is groovy. 8)
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 pm

No don't switch out Megadeth, I LOVE Megadeth. :lol: (I know you're kidding around with him, but still :mrgreen: )

Metallica's new sound has kinda become too soft for me. :lol:

Monsterlady38

Postby Maddy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:01 pm

I'd definitely go for Megadeth here!
I mean, I don't know too many songs of those guys but so far I like all of the ones I've heard. :)

The thing is that I never got this hype about Metallica. Of course they have some okay-ish songs but still, I don't like them too much. And about Slayer and Anthrax - They are nice live bands but I'm not really into them.
But then again, I'm not a big fan of Thrash Metal in general. So, it's kinda interesting that I like Megadeth quite a lot.
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:11 pm

I go for Anthrax...I got into them some years ago and they are just awesome :D I could also see them live twice and they are very energetic on stage, really nice to see..
and same like Maddy, I also don't understand the hype around Metallica...to be honest, they even bore me...the only song I like a bit is Nothing Else Matters..
Angel Of Death

Postby korovnikovd » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:44 pm

I like Metallica's first album. The rest stuff by all the Big 4 bands wasn't written to please me, for sure :lol:
korovnikovd

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:42 am

I like all four bands, but Metallica is my favorite hands down. As for who I've seen, I've seen Metallica and Slayer live twice, and Anthrax once. I have seen Joey Belladonna solo as well once. I've yet to see Megadeth.

On another note, I'm pleased to see such greats as Kreator, Testament and Exodus mentioned in this discussion as well. Warms my heart. 8)
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:10 pm

The thing is that I never got this hype about Metallica.

Neither do I. Their old stuff is really good but the new stuff in my opinion is kinda meh......

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:
The thing is that I never got this hype about Metallica.

Neither do I. Their old stuff is really good but the new stuff in my opinion is kinda meh......

I'd say the band's meh output came with albums like Load, ReLoad and St. Anger. I know most metalheads would crucify me for not completely lambasting those albums but honestly I don't think those albums are nearly as terrible as people make them out to be. In fact I don't even think they're bad at all. They're just - as has been said - kinda meh. And for me it's not even that Metallica deviated from their thrash roots or anything like that. Really if you listen to all those albums they're not that shockingly big of a deviation from the frameworks of Metallica. They're still hard rock - they're still heavy metal. I mean heck, there are tons of bands out there who have deviated way more from their roots. So for me the problem with those albums is not a matter of style, but a matter of song writing - the songs on average just aren't all that good. I will testify to those albums having some genuinely brilliant hidden gems, but apart from a few songs the majority of those three albums is purely and simply filler. They're not painful to listen to - just boring. You want painful, go listen to Lulu. Or actually, don't. Never listen to Lulu. Why I subjected myself to that album I will never know... People wanna talk shit about St. Anger when Lulu still exists? I mean compared to that travesty St. Anger is a goddamn masterpiece.

But getting back to the point, while I do think Metallica put out some weaker material during the late 90s and early 2000s, I think they redeemed themselves with Death Magnetic which is a phenomenal album in my opinion. And if the new song Lords Of Summer is any indication of what the next album will be like, I'll be more than happy to listen to it. You know, WHENEVER THE BAND ACTUALLY WANNA GET AROUND TO RECORDING THE GODDAMNED THING.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Return to Miscellaneous babbling