Monsterboard

Favorite Bands

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Favorite Bands

Postby andy4600 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:07 am

Just wondering what everyone's favorite band is (other than Lordi, of course)?

Mine is Avantasia, Tobias is a song writing genius. Guest appearances from Bob Catley, Kiske, Jorn Lande, Ronnie Atkins and so many more... Perfect!
Tomni 'Otus' Lillman - Gone but never forgotten

Twitter - @AndrewOXLowe
http://andylowe.blog.com/
andy4600

Re: Favorite Bands

Postby Erina » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Well, I like Japanese and Korean girl groups, such as Morning Musume., Berryz Koubou, Girls' Generation, KARA and f(x). I also like this Japanese band called SCANDAL. Out of different western bands I like Nightwish, Within Temptation and Queen. I'm not extremely picky about the music I listen to.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Miss-Elodia » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Apart from Lordi, my favorite bands are Lacrimosa and Evanescence. I fell in love with these two bands in 2005 when internet has been installed in the house. I've already seen Evanescence several times but Lacrimosa isn't known at all in France. In 2009/2010, along with other members of the french forum we tried to make the band come in France to play a little gig. But the money they demanded was just way too much for 12 people. Our project ended brutally and everyone began not to come back again on the forum.

That's when I discovered Lordi! A member of the forum sent me a link to youtube and said to me "Listen to this! It's so good it'll erase our bad thoughts about the project!". I was listening for the first time to My Heaven is your Hell. That's why this song and The Monsterican Dream are so important to me. I discovered the eurovision thing afterwards and I've been mind blown. I so regretted I didn't watch the eurovision that year!

Apart from that, I like Ghost, HIM, Theatre of Tragedy, Tristania, Rammstein, ZZ Top and Kiss (thanks father! :D ), The Sister of Mercy...
And a lot more :mrgreen:
Keeping Markus in my cellar since 2015.
Twitter Tumblr Facebook Lordi stories on FanFiction
Miss-Elodia

Postby Rosalie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:59 pm

I absolutely love Bullet for my Valentine and Black Veil Brides. All Time Low, Selena Gomez & The Scene (I know they've broken up, but they're always going to be a band to me), One Direction and ACDC are also loved by me :mrgreen:

Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce the Veil, Suicide Silence, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Slayer and KISS are also great bands! :D
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 am

Aside from Lordi, I really love KISS and Megadeth the most. (but I love a ton of other great bands too but I'll narrow it down to my two other big favourites besides Lordi in this post)

KISS, because they're unique just like Lordi in terms of makeup and music (not perfect with the music and a unique image) Gene is my favorite member (aside from the greed part everyone thinks of) I find him not as bad as some people say he is. I'd rather not go into full details here about why I idolize him as much as I idolize Mr. Lordi. (he replied to me on twitter a few times!) I love this band but I hate the fandom because it's full of whiners (mostly in their 30's and 40's) whining about who's in the band and who should be and they pick on younger fans who happen to not take the band as seriously as they do with these changes (Not all KISS fans are like this, but I try not to get involved with the hate now cause it's not worth it). For me in KISS, band members change all the time and it's part of life, and the personas I don't care who wears which one. I love the original lineup, the 80's lineup and the current lineup. But what I really care about is the music. :)

Megadeth, because well they were the first thrash metal band that I really started to love. Though I do like a few songs by Metallica...Megadeth was more the type of thrash I was enjoying a lot more so yeah. I wouldn't say their fandom is as annoying as the KISS fandom can be sometimes. I actually liked their latest album Super Collider even though it's not thrash-sounding. Also Dave Mustaine is so f**king hot! :oops: Also Junior (David Ellefson) is too. :)
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:49 am

Monsterlady38 wrote: I love this band but I hate the fandom because it's full of whiners (mostly in their 30's and 40's) whining about who's in the band and who should be and they pick on younger fans who happen to not take the band as seriously as they do with these changes (Not all KISS fans are like this, but I try not to get involved with the hate now cause it's not worth it). For me in KISS, band members change all the time and it's part of life, and the personas I don't care who wears which one. I love the original lineup, the 80's lineup and the current lineup. But what I really care about is the music. :)

Don't worry, there are plenty of whiners in our 20's as well. Join us at the Ace Frehley sobering convention.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Monsterlady38 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:
Monsterlady38 wrote: I love this band but I hate the fandom because it's full of whiners (mostly in their 30's and 40's) whining about who's in the band and who should be and they pick on younger fans who happen to not take the band as seriously as they do with these changes (Not all KISS fans are like this, but I try not to get involved with the hate now cause it's not worth it). For me in KISS, band members change all the time and it's part of life, and the personas I don't care who wears which one. I love the original lineup, the 80's lineup and the current lineup. But what I really care about is the music. :)

Don't worry, there are plenty of whiners in our 20's as well. Join us at the Ace Frehley sobering convention.

:lol: yea I figured there were some of those, but naw I'd rather not get involved in that either. I do like Ace, he is on my list of favourite members, what I like about him is his sense of humor. When he left, I decided not to take it too seriously and respected his decision but that's just me. :P Some people care about who's in the band and some people don't. I take Gene's side cause he keeps the band going, I'd rather have a different version of the band around today making good music and touring than no KISS at all. :lol: doesn't mean I hate Ace, I miss him but have accepted that he doesn't wanna come back. Just my opinion, if yours is not the same I understand. :wink:
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:

:lol: yea I figured there were some of those, but naw I'd rather not get involved in that either. I do like Ace, he is on my list of favourite members, what I like about him is his sense of humor. When he left, I decided not to take it too seriously and respected his decision but that's just me. :P Some people care about who's in the band and some people don't. I take Gene's side cause he keeps the band going, I'd rather have a different version of the band around today making good music and touring than no KISS at all. :lol: doesn't mean I hate Ace, I miss him but have accepted that he doesn't wanna come back. Just my opinion, if yours is not the same I understand. :wink:

Nah, I understand Ace not wanting to play anymore. He's a cool cat and I'm fully respectful of his choice. 8)

What I refuse to understand is why we get 2 (well, one really) talented members and force them into suits and make-up that are not extensions of their personality. We couldn't get new persona's why exactly?
It's fraudulent and simply put, shameful. A lot of people claim we're stuck in the past. Well, what are Gene and Paul exactly? XD

It's going to look like this:
Ace: The Spaceman
Peter: The Catman
Eric (Singer): The Former Drummer during the Unmasked Era now turned Criss impersonator (seriously, compare his drumming before and after)
Tommy: The Man Who Has Made a Living Playing Ace Frehley.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Nilian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:49 am

Lordi were my fisrt but then I sterted to listen to other rock/metal bands. :) Avantasia is my favourite as well. andy4600 just explainned it :)
quote="andy4600"]Mine is Avantasia, Tobias is a song writing genius. Guest appearances from Bob Catley, Kiske, Jorn Lande, Ronnie Atkins and so many more... Perfect![/quote]

And I saw them live in August and i have to say thety were really cool and it was one of the best gigs i have ever seen. (And still - how did Tobi persuade all those musicians and singers to participate?)

Then I like Amaranthe, Edguy, Reckless Love (summer time suiting band, really, even though they are fom freezing Finland), and other bands. :) I usually end up listneing some songs from every band I listen to so I should write here that my favurites are all bands I sync into my iPod.
And (to my own surprise) I like one japanese rock band - Flow. (Some of their songs were used as anime openigns.) They have so much energy on stage, have two singers and sometimes even meaningful (and if not then at least cool and funny) lyrics. (But again I don't like all their songs. )
They will just be an ember
Yet your flame's burning high
They will not be remembered
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

Postby Fenrir » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:35 pm

I like many bands:

Lordi - of Course my favorite along with...
In Flames - My favorite Melodic death metal band.
Manowar - it was my first metal band and I still like them
Judas Priest - the metal heart of my childhood, I learned to play the guitar trying to be like them, I can play almost every song.
Nightwish - I just like em
Kamelot - Their Karma album is pure magic.
Metallica - The old ones, a classic.
Megadeth - I like some of their songs
Bullet for my Valentine - Their first albums are the best for me, now they are a bit lost...
Inkubus Sukkubus - I like their goth rock style.
Fenrir

Postby Para-Noir » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:38 am

The Cardigans - Because of their music and their songs, their live shows and Nina Persson. Currently I'm very addicted to them.
The Cranberries - The band, which music I first heard roughly about 17 years ago. Then I kind of a forgot them for over a decade until I rediscovered them three years ago. Love them.
Manic Street Preachers - Ever since I first heard If you tolerate this I've been their fan and that was in the year 1998. James Dean Bradfield's voice is so powerful and unique that he makes every song that much special. Simply an epic band.
Eluveite - It was in the year 2006, when I heard and saw their just recently released music video Of fire, wind & wisdom and I was totally sold.
Nightwish - One of the bands I love so dearly. IMO all of their singers have been great in their own way.
Kotiteollisuus - Just perfect.
Evanescence - Their debut album was and still is one of the greatest of its genre. And you just can't go wrong with Amy Lee's voice.
PMMP - The same words I used to describe Kotiteollisuus will go here, too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Garbage. Shirley Manson's voice and looks and the band's brilliant music and songs made me their fan a long time ago.
Last edited by Para-Noir on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think I'm paranoid.

KLIK!
Para-Noir

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:32 am

1. Lordi
2. KISS
3. Alice Cooper
4. Iron Maiden
5. HIM

This is my TOP 5 as it stands and how it has for quite some time now. Basically my biggest passion in terms of music is melodic 80s metal, which is not a surprise seeing as how I'm a Lordi fan and a lot of the bands I now listen to I found out about directly by looking for what bands influenced Lordi. But basically I mostly listen to rock and metal of all kinds. Theatrical bands like Mötley Crüe, Twisted Sister, Lizzy Borden, W.A.S.P. and Rob Zombie, melodic glam metal and hard rock like Bon Jovi, Europe, Reckless Love and Steel Panther, first wave black metal like Mercyful Fate (which spawned King Diamond which I'm also a huge fan of) and Venom, thrash metal (the big four, Testament, Overkill, Annihilator, Exodus, Kreator and so on), some select death metal bands like Death and At The Gates, traditional heavy metal such as Judas Priest, Motörhead, Saxon, Accept and so on, progressive metal such as Dream Theater, more modern metal bands such as Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine, Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold... The list goes on and on.

U.D.O. is a big favorite of mine and Udo is my second favorite vocalist of all time, with Mr. Lordi as my all-time favorite. Another German band I love is Rammstein. I'm also a huge fan of Marilyn Manson, and one of the newer bands that I've become quite obsessed with is Ghost. Journey, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, The Darkness, Led Zeppelin, Ozzy Osbourne, Skid Row, Whitesnake, Nightwish... The list of the bands I listen to goes on and on.

Outside the realm of rock and metal there are of course some select bands and artists I like. Like for example in terms of pop I'm a big fan of Michael Jackson and Phil Collins, for example. And the first artist I ever got into, before I even discovered Lordi and metal, was Eminem, who is still the only rapper I like to the point where I still buy his albums and continue to support him. So yeah, I believe there's something good in every genre - you just gotta find it.

So yeah, that's a very brief overview of what I listen to. :P
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Rosalie » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Adding on to my favourite bands, I also like Blood on the Dancefloor. Personally, I think the hate they get is ridiculous. Dahvie Vanity is not a rapist, that Jessi Slaughter girl was lying ._.

Para-Noir wrote:Manic Street Preachers - Ever since I first heard If you tolerate this I've been their fan and that was in the year 1998.

I forgot to mention them as well. I love MSP! I saw James Dean Bradfield from a distance once 8)
Fenrir wrote:I like many bands:
Bullet for my Valentine - Their first albums are the best for me, now they are a bit lost...

Another Bullet fan!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I wasn't a big fan of The Poison, but Scream Aim Fire was brilliant. So was Fever. I like Temper Temper, but it wasn't as good as the first three :|
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
Rosalie

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Rosalie wrote:

I wasn't a big fan of The Poison, but Scream Aim Fire was brilliant. So was Fever. I like Temper Temper, but it wasn't as good as the first three :|

I own Scream Aim Fire and Fever, both of which I love. Scream Aim Fire I think is an amazing album whereas Fever, while not as good, is still pretty damn solid. The Poison nor Temper Temper have I heard all the way through. I've however listened to most of The Poison, and while not bad, I didn't really get into it all that much. And as far as Temper Temper is concerned, I heard the disappointing singles and haven't even bothered to listen to the full album. I really should listen to both The Poison and Temper Temper in full at some point, but based on what I've heard, I'd say the band started with a meh album, followed it up by one amazing and one good album, and then another meh album. However the new song Raising Hell sounds amazing, so if that song serves as any indication of the band's future direction and what the next album's gonna be like, I think we might just be able to count off Temper Temper as a fluke as opposed to the band losing their way. But we'll see - time will tell, I suppose.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Rosalie » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:15 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:
Rosalie wrote:

I own Scream Aim Fire and Fever, both of which I love. Scream Aim Fire I think is an amazing album whereas Fever, while not as good, is still pretty damn solid. The Poison nor Temper Temper have I heard all the way through. I've however listened to most of The Poison, and while not bad, I didn't really get into it all that much. And as far as Temper Temper is concerned, I heard the disappointing singles and haven't even bothered to listen to the full album. I really should listen to both The Poison and Temper Temper in full at some point, but based on what I've heard, I'd say the band started with a meh album, followed it up by one amazing and one good album, and then another meh album. However the new song Raising Hell sounds amazing, so if that song serves as any indication of the band's future direction and what the next album's gonna be like, I think we might just be able to count off Temper Temper as a fluke as opposed to the band losing their way. But we'll see - time will tell, I suppose.

Personally, I think Fever was the amazing one where Scream Aim Fire was the good, solid one. You should listen to Temper Temper and the rest of The Poison. There are a lot of good tracks on it (Tears Don't Fall, All These Things I Hate, Hand of Blood). True, the first two singles from Temper Temper (Temper Temper and Riot) weren't exactly mind-boggling but there were actually a lot of good songs on Temper Temper, even if the whole album wasn't their best. It took me a good few listens to actually get into it. P.O.W. and Tears Don't Fall part 2 were amazing, as was Dead to the World. Ah, yes, Raising Hell is pure genius, it sounds much more like the Scream Aim Fire album. I'm pretty confident, based on Raising Hell, that Bullet's next album is going to be amazing-sounding.
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
And your face is nice.
Rosalie

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Rosalie wrote:
MarkusHasADeadache wrote:I own Scream Aim Fire and Fever, both of which I love. Scream Aim Fire I think is an amazing album whereas Fever, while not as good, is still pretty damn solid. The Poison nor Temper Temper have I heard all the way through. I've however listened to most of The Poison, and while not bad, I didn't really get into it all that much. And as far as Temper Temper is concerned, I heard the disappointing singles and haven't even bothered to listen to the full album. I really should listen to both The Poison and Temper Temper in full at some point, but based on what I've heard, I'd say the band started with a meh album, followed it up by one amazing and one good album, and then another meh album. However the new song Raising Hell sounds amazing, so if that song serves as any indication of the band's future direction and what the next album's gonna be like, I think we might just be able to count off Temper Temper as a fluke as opposed to the band losing their way. But we'll see - time will tell, I suppose.

Personally, I think Fever was the amazing one where Scream Aim Fire was the good, solid one. You should listen to Temper Temper and the rest of The Poison. There are a lot of good tracks on it (Tears Don't Fall, All These Things I Hate, Hand of Blood). True, the first two singles from Temper Temper (Temper Temper and Riot) weren't exactly mind-boggling but there were actually a lot of good songs on Temper Temper, even if the whole album wasn't their best. It took me a good few listens to actually get into it. P.O.W. and Tears Don't Fall part 2 were amazing, as was Dead to the World. Ah, yes, Raising Hell is pure genius, it sounds much more like the Scream Aim Fire album. I'm pretty confident, based on Raising Hell, that Bullet's next album is going to be amazing-sounding.

I think musically Fever was probably just as solid as Scream Aim Fire, but the lyrics to some of the songs kinda threw me off. I don't know, I guess they seemed kinda whiny to me seeing as how a lot of them were about relationships and betrayal and angst. Then again to be fair I've only listened to the album once and that was a while back. Maybe I would have a different perspective listening to it now, especially seeing as how I went through a break-up earlier this year. Who knows, maybe I'd actually relate to a lot of those songs now.

I don't even think Temper Temper and Riot are bad songs. It's the production that kills them. Bullet I think needs a big sound with lots of backing vocals, a huge raw guitar sound and a sense of scope. They intentionally made Temper Temper more simplistic and toned that stuff down, and while that would be fine with the right material, it didn't work with these songs. Like Riot for example - that's supposed to be a really fierce and chaotic song yet it just sounds lazy and kinda boring. It's like listening to the demo of the song - it feels unfinished. Give it the production from say Scream Aim Fire or Fever by doubling the guitar tracks, adding in harmonies and adding in more backing vocals and I'm sure it would be fine. So for me it's the stylistic choices the band made that killed the material. The band wanted to sound more raw and more punk, but the problem was that that's not the kinda material the band writes. But to be fair I did hear one single that I really liked, but I can't remember which one it was, which gave me hope that maybe the actual album would be halfway decent if I gave it a shot. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Para-Noir » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:33 pm

I guess your favorite solo artists can also be mentioned here (?).

Nonetheless, here are my favorites, not in any particular order.

Eminem. - The only rapper I like. Since the year 2000 I've been his fan. His music is simply spectacular and whenever I'm feeling down, his songs usually help me to fight through the pain.

Alanis Morissette. - Ever since Ironic was first broadcasted in Finnish telly I've been her fan and that was 18 years ago. Such a voice, such a woman and the music is just beyond this world. Huge love towards her.

Whitney Houston. - As a person she was "slightly" insane, but her music lives on. The best voice ever.

Maija Vilkkumaa. - In my humble opinion Maija is the best Finnish female solo artist. Her songs are both funny, sad, inspirational and truthful. I have managed to see her couple of times in real life and she's even sweeter in real life.

Norah Jones. - Beauty, a lovely voice and overwhelming talent. Since the year 2002 I've been mesmerized by Norah. P.S. Her late dad Ravi Shankar was also a very good artist.

Marilyn Manson. - Before the movie Bowling for Columbine I really didn't care about mr. Manson. But as soon as he spoke his words of wisdom on the big screen, I was totally hooked by him. His music is just so powerful and his charisma is just so huge.
I think I'm paranoid.

KLIK!
Para-Noir

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Nah, I understand Ace not wanting to play anymore. He's a cool cat and I'm fully respectful of his choice. 8)

What I refuse to understand is why we get 2 (well, one really) talented members and force them into suits and make-up that are not extensions of their personality. We couldn't get new persona's why exactly?
It's fraudulent and simply put, shameful. A lot of people claim we're stuck in the past. Well, what are Gene and Paul exactly? XD

It's going to look like this:
Ace: The Spaceman
Peter: The Catman
Eric (Singer): The Former Drummer during the Unmasked Era now turned Criss impersonator (seriously, compare his drumming before and after)
Tommy: The Man Who Has Made a Living Playing Ace Frehley.

^ I'll tell you why dude, and with respect so no fights start. Gene and Paul don't wanna change the personas cause those personas are what has made KISS the icons they are today. Yeah I know it seems a bit greedy and irrelevant but well if you look at it this way, last time they changed the personas it completely messed up the fandom and their marketing. I don't know how to explain it in simple form.

Tommy's not tryin' to be Ace, he's just doin' his job. I know it looks VERY similar the way he plays and so and but there's still a bit of a difference. That's all I can say. :lol: Whoever is wearing the makeup don't bother me much cause I care about the music.

Now, since that I'm here I'm going to add a new band to my list of favourites.

Ghost (known as Ghost BC in my country and the US) yeah...doom metal fans who like the traditional sound of doom metal less melodic are so gonna hate me after reading this.

What I like about Ghost is not only do they have a unique and dark image but their music is unique too. Dark and melodic, and I listened to a bunch of their songs and fell in love with the band just like that. I don't know if anybody else on here likes them but oh well, maybe, maybe not. They may be considered satanic since their songs are about that but underneath their image they're all atheist. It's not easy being a fan of them because if some people don't like that sound of doom metal or think you're a satan-worshipper because you listen to this band I'll tell you it's not easy.

I'm thinking about seeing them in April this year.

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:Tommy's not tryin' to be Ace, he's just doin' his job. I know it looks VERY similar the way he plays and so and but there's still a bit of a difference. That's all I can say. :lol:

The difference is that in all honesty Tommy Thayer is from a technical standpoint a better guitar player than Ace Frehley. He plays the same solos Ace does but with a precision that Ace rarely replicates in his live playing. However the fact of the matter remains that Tommy is playing Ace's solos and emulating Ace, bringing nothing new to the table in terms of originality or personality. Ace might not be the most technical guitarist in the world, and he doesn't always hit all the notes, but what he does have is originality and creativity which comes out in his playing and all the unforgettable and legendary solos he's come up with. He plays from the heart and will leave behind a legacy whereas Tommy - talented a guitarist as he may be - will always live in Ace's shadow because that's the role he's been cast in.

Monsterlady38 wrote:Ghost (known as Ghost BC in my country and the US) yeah...doom metal fans who like the traditional sound of doom metal less melodic are so gonna hate me after reading this.

Monsterlady38 wrote:I don't know if anybody else on here likes them but oh well, maybe, maybe not.

I'm a huge Ghost fan.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 am

Yeah you're right Markus. How I see it as, Ace is more creative and Tommy is more professional if you wanna look at it in a simple way.

...and as you stated above that is another reason why people hate him. The only time I heard originality in his playing was off the two latest albums. But I still like him, he's amazing, but I love Ace too, in fact a lot of my favourite KISS songs are ones where he was still in the band.

Oh you're a Ghost fan? Yay! I'm not alone! :D I'm a little new to the Ghost fandom, I started last month when a fellow Monstermaniac suggested them to me. Their sound is so unique, and the voice of Papa Emeritus II, very unique, it wasn't what I was expecting at first but then after listening to a few more songs I had a change of heart and became a fan.

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:00 am

Monsterlady38 wrote:Yeah you're right Markus. How I see it as, Ace is more creative and Tommy is more professional if you wanna look at it in a simple way.

...and as you stated above that is another reason why people hate him. The only time I heard originality in his playing was off the two latest albums. But I still like him, he's amazing, but I love Ace too, in fact a lot of my favourite KISS songs are ones where he was still in the band.

Tommy is more just a guitar player whereas Ace is more of an artist. As for Tommy's playing on the last two KISS albums, I don't know if I'd exactly call it originality. That's not to say he didn't do a good job, not at all. His solos on those albums (and on Psycho Circus if we're being perfectly honest) are really damn good. But he's still playing solos that are meant to sound like extensions of Ace's solos. Then again if you look at the writing credits on Monster you'll see Tommy's name pops up quite a lot, so he does in fact play a big part in KISS as it stands today.

Monsterlady38 wrote:Oh you're a Ghost fan? Yay! I'm not alone! :D I'm a little new to the Ghost fandom, I started last month when a fellow Monstermaniac suggested them to me. Their sound is so unique, and the voice of Papa Emeritus II, very unique, it wasn't what I was expecting at first but then after listening to a few more songs I had a change of heart and became a fan.

Been a fan since the first album in 2010 myself. Back then I always knew though that they had room for improvement and growth. Then Infestissumam hit last year and blew the doors wide open. THAT was the album I wanted to hear from them. So for me the second album is where the pieces finally came together perfectly.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:49 am

Monsterlady38 wrote:
^ I'll tell you why dude, and with respect so no fights start. Gene and Paul don't wanna change the personas cause those personas are what has made KISS the icons they are today. Yeah I know it seems a bit greedy and irrelevant but well if you look at it this way, last time they changed the personas it completely messed up the fandom and their marketing. I don't know how to explain it in simple form.

Tommy's not tryin' to be Ace, he's just doin' his job. I know it looks VERY similar the way he plays and so and but there's still a bit of a difference. That's all I can say. :lol: Whoever is wearing the makeup don't bother me much cause I care about the music.

Did thou just risk the wrath of the KI$$ fan? I think thou just opened a Pandora's Box of Misery. 8)

Numbahhhh wOhohohohohohooooooNNEEEE: How exactly did changing their personas disrupt anything? Unless we are mentioning the Vinnie Vincent debacle of not getting along with anyone and keeping dead dogs in Tupperware, changing the make-up was actually the LEAST harmful thing they did back then. The fans weren't leaving because they disliked the new make-up or members, they have had it with the trio of bullshit known as Dynasty, Unmasked and The Elder. Creatures of the Night is a splendid record that tanked because people were sick of the poppy and disco side of Kiss, not because of new members and make-up. See, I just explained something in very simple form.

Numbaaahhh Twoooououououo: Nah, Tommy's trying to be Ace because that is in his business contract. I care about the music as well. That's why I prefer an artist to have an original sound rather than a trained coffee-fetcher aping other people's style. Monster thankfully had less of Ace-worship when compared to Sonic Boom, but it was still miles off from what I would call "fresh" and "new". Tommy sure ain't no Vinnie Vincent or Bruce Kulick, that's for sure. The music is decent, but awfully produced (Stanley, give it a rest) and as a whole Kiss is a wreck nowadays. Since Paul cannot sing anymore (a fact essentially) I recommend we hire one of the Hansen brothers (or whoever is "in and young" nowadays) and slap the makeup on him and let him play the role of Starchild. Same thing, after all.

Also, don't call me dude. I am nowhere near being anyone's "dude". :mrgreen:
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Mooneyman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:54 am

DREIDEL DREIDEL DREIDEL
I MADE YOU OUT OF DOLLAR BILLS
WHEN I DIP MY BALLS IN GOLD
THEN I GET A THRILL

OY VEY!

Ahem, sorry. Force of habit....whenever KISS KONFLICT (now available in six flavours of douche) comes up, it's like a reflex.
Mooneyman

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:08 am

Fine I won't call you that again.

:roll: ugh you know what, why do I bother?

Why do I even bother telling people I'm a KISS fan? All I get is this when it happens so what's the point? I like EVERY SINGLE record and member (yes that includes T.T. and Monster and Paul's singing) and what do I get for saying that? THIS.

I'm just not gonna do this anymore, I shouldn't have even brought it up here EVER. There's no point because all I'll get is these types of responses............with all due respect...........and then it's not much fun anymore discussing one of my favourite bands because all I get is the negative stuff thrown at me because I don't have any thing to dislike about the band.

Monsterlady38

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:21 am

If you can't handle legit criticism and not just "hater" (god I hate that word) trolling of a band then I don't know what to tell you.
Many people hate the music I listen to and I don't give a flying squirrel's nutty nuts what they care. Hey, try this one: I'm pretty sure Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley don't give 2 icicle pops about my opinion or anyone else's for that matter. Whether or not they should is another matter entirely....

You think if I wasn't a KISS fan I'd go to this much writing talking about them? I wrote 6 pages on the difference between periwinkle blue and fuchsia, but I'm not that crazy. NOT.

As a final deal sweetener, here you go: What is your favorite KISS album and why?
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Next

Return to Miscellaneous babbling