Monsterboard

Favorite Bands

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Favorite Bands

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:24 am

Monsterlady38 wrote:Fine I won't call you that again.

:roll: ugh you know what, why do I bother?

Why do I even bother telling people I'm a KISS fan? All I get is this when it happens so what's the point? I like EVERY SINGLE record and member (yes that includes T.T. and Monster and Paul's singing) and what do I get for saying that? THIS.

I'm just not gonna do this anymore, I shouldn't have even brought it up here EVER. There's no point because all I'll get is these types of responses............with all due respect...........and then it's not much fun anymore discussing one of my favourite bands because all I get is the negative stuff thrown at me because I don't have any thing to dislike about the band.

May I interject?

To be perfectly honest I don't see why someone else having a differing opinion on something would be such a threat. Incidentally me and good sir Nightmare Wings Hell have had many a long conversation on the topic of KISS. Do we always agree on aspects of the band? No - in fact we disagree on a lot of things. Yet the conversations continue. If we always agreed on everything the conversations wouldn't be very interesting for very long now would they? Disagreements bring about fruitful and fascinating discussion, and I don't see how me disagreeing with someone on an aspect of a band I like is any threat to me personally. Why would someone else not liking something I Iike take away from my love of said thing? They have their opinion, I have mine. They're free to express theirs and I'm free to express mine. No need for hostilities.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:31 am

Yeah you're right Markus, I shouldn't have assumed it that way.

Nightmare Wings Hell, I'm sorry I took your opinion too literally. I should've just said "You've got your view on KISS and I've got mine." and to answer your question my favourite album is Destroyer.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:33 am

With as much as I love Ace and his shenanigans, my top 3 KISS records all tied are: Creatures of the Night, Lick It Up and Revenge.

If that isn't irony, I don't know what is.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:34 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:With as much as I love Ace and his shenanigans, my top 3 KISS records all tied are: Creatures of the Night, Lick It Up and Revenge.

If that isn't irony, I don't know what is.

Good album choices. :wink: I like Revenge too.
Last edited by Monsterlady38 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:39 am

Well if we're naming favorite KISS albums then I might as well throw my two cents in here as well. My favorite KISS album is probably either Revenge or Sonic Boom.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Revenge and Sonic Boom are great albums. I love "Unholy" off Revenge and "When Lightning Strikes" off Sonic Boom. (one of the best songs Tommy has made, I wish they played it live when I saw them, but "Outta this World from Monster is good too)

Since Ghost has only like two albums I can't decide which one I like better, but most of my favourite songs are on Infestissumam. (I always spell that wrong. :lol: )
Last edited by Monsterlady38 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:44 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:Since Ghost has only like two albums I can't decide which one I like better, but most of my favourite songs are on Infestissimum. (I always spell that wrong. :lol: )

For me Infestissumam is by far the superior album. Opus Eponymous was good but I'll be damned if Infestissumam is nothing short of a fucking masterpiece. The first one was more of a band that was a Satanic occult underground band. It was more raw, more simple and not that grandiose. But me being a sucker for melodic rock and metal, Infestissumam hit a lot harder with being far better produced, being more melodic and pop, and having an even more consistent overall concept that permeates the album than the first one. But the key is the band didn't change their sound drastically - they merely evolved and added layers to what was already there without discarding the old in favor of the new. Infestissumam still sounds like the same band but taken to the next level.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:33 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:
Monsterlady38 wrote:Since Ghost has only like two albums I can't decide which one I like better, but most of my favourite songs are on Infestissimum. (I always spell that wrong. :lol: )

For me Infestissumam is by far the superior album. Opus Eponymous was good but I'll be damned if Infestissumam is nothing short of a fucking masterpiece. The first one was more of a band that was a Satanic occult underground band. It was more raw, more simple and not that grandiose. But me being a sucker for melodic rock and metal, Infestissumam hit a lot harder with being far better produced, being more melodic and pop, and having an even more consistent overall concept that permeates the album than the first one. But the key is the band didn't change their sound drastically - they merely evolved and added layers to what was already there without discarding the old in favor of the new. Infestissumam still sounds like the same band but taken to the next level.

Couldn't agree more. Infestissumam takes it to a next level indeed. They added to their sound to make it even better. Which is why I think that album was more successful than the first. Opus Eponymous was still good too. My favourite songs on that one are "Stand By Him" and "Ritual". I own both these albums and they're great. Right now Monstrance Clock is stuck in my head and I'm singing it to myself as I type this. :lol:

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:Couldn't agree more. Infestissumam takes it to a next level indeed. They added to their sound to make it even better. Which is why I think that album was more successful than the first. Opus Eponymous was still good too. My favourite songs on that one are "Stand By Him" and "Ritual". I own both these albums and they're great. Right now Monstrance Clock is stuck in my head and I'm singing it to myself as I type this. :lol:

It's more accessible to a larger audience and demographic, definitely. Monstrance Clock is probably my favorite Ghost song, with Body And Blood a close second. If I'm thinking favorites on the first album then definitely Ritual is right up there, although Genesis is one of my all-time favorite instrumental tracks. As for Stand By Him, I love the keyboards they've added to it when they play it live now.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:47 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:Couldn't agree more. Infestissumam takes it to a next level indeed. They added to their sound to make it even better. Which is why I think that album was more successful than the first. Opus Eponymous was still good too. My favourite songs on that one are "Stand By Him" and "Ritual". I own both these albums and they're great. Right now Monstrance Clock is stuck in my head and I'm singing it to myself as I type this. :lol:

It's more accessible to a larger audience and demographic, definitely. Monstrance Clock is probably my favorite Ghost song, with Body And Blood a close second. If I'm thinking favorites on the first album then definitely Ritual is right up there, although Genesis is one of my all-time favorite instrumental tracks. As for Stand By Him, I love the keyboards they've added to it when they play it live now.

Body and Blood is also a favourite of mine. I love the melody and the guitar solo in that song. :)

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:Body and Blood is also a favourite of mine. I love the melody and the guitar solo in that song. :)

I absolutely adore the chorus - you could seriously dance to that guitar melody. On a similar note, rarely have I heard a song with a guitar riff as groovy as the one in the verses of Jigolo Har Megiddo.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:Body and Blood is also a favourite of mine. I love the melody and the guitar solo in that song. :)

I absolutely adore the chorus - you could seriously dance to that guitar melody. On a similar note, rarely have I heard a song with a guitar riff as groovy as the one in the verses of Jigolo Har Megiddo.

You certainly could! Jigolo Har Megiddo has an interesting sound. Also when I heard Con Clavi Con Dio the beat and riffs sounds like something I just wanna headbang too over and over till the song ends! :lol:

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:You certainly could! Jigolo Har Megiddo has an interesting sound. Also when I heard Con Clavi Con Dio the beat and riffs sounds like something I just wanna headbang too over and over till the song ends! :lol:

For me the ultimate headbanging song is Bück Dich by Rammstein. Well that and Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day by Marilyn Manson. Seriously, I dare you to headbang to the chorus. I swear you'll get a fuckin' headache.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:33 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:You certainly could! Jigolo Har Megiddo has an interesting sound. Also when I heard Con Clavi Con Dio the beat and riffs sounds like something I just wanna headbang too over and over till the song ends! :lol:

For me the ultimate headbanging song is Bück Dich by Rammstein. Well that and Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day by Marilyn Manson. Seriously, I dare you to headbang to the chorus. I swear you'll get a fuckin' headache.

Or maybe a Deadache :lol:

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:47 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:
MarkusHasADeadache wrote:For me the ultimate headbanging song is Bück Dich by Rammstein. Well that and Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day by Marilyn Manson. Seriously, I dare you to headbang to the chorus. I swear you'll get a fuckin' headache.

I left that wide open for that joke. I knew someone would make it if I didn't.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:47 am

Monsterlady38 wrote:
MarkusHasADeadache wrote:For me the ultimate headbanging song is Bück Dich by Rammstein. Well that and Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day by Marilyn Manson. Seriously, I dare you to headbang to the chorus. I swear you'll get a fuckin' headache.

I left that wide open for that joke. I knew someone would make it if I didn't.

I knew it. :lol:

Monsterlady38

Postby korovnikovd » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Favorite band other than Lordi? A couple of months ago I would think, but now it's easy - it's Twisted Sister. :D
It has become my second band which work I love entirely.

And like most of you, I'm a fan of 80's hard rock and metal, my fave bands are Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Accept (UDO) and Kiss.
From the bands of our century I'd mention Reckless Love and Alestorm (yo-ho-ho, download all you want :wink: ).
korovnikovd

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:26 am

I just got into the following bands:

Iced Earth and Powerwolf. :)

Monsterlady38

Postby Maddy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Okay, so here are my other favourites:

Hämatom, Metal in German. Something I haven't seen in this way before and they got me right from the first second. Heavy, melodic, vulgar & they were masks - what more could I want?

Powerwolf, I just love the wolves. They are such a good looking band + they are sooo good at posing! And besides that their music is just awesome. I love how they are playing with all those religious elements, gives them a very special touch. <3

Steel Panther, they have this super hilarious attitud towards everything. It's the best thing that they aren't taking themselves serious at all. The music is fun to listen to and they just look so fabulous. Long live the Glam Metal!

Nightwish, Symphonic Metal at it's best! There is almost no other band that gives me goose bumps like them. Now that they have Floor in the band I love them even more, she is just the perfect fit for this band.

Somehow I really have this special thing for bands which put a little more effort in their visual image. :lol:
But I love those crazy musicians who aren't just showing up in t-shirt and jeans!
Sacred and Wild.

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Maddy wrote:Nightwish, Symphonic Metal at it's best! There is almost no other band that gives me goose bumps like them. Now that they have Floor in the band I love them even more, she is just the perfect fit for this band.

I'd dare say Floor coming into the band is pretty much one of the best things to ever happen to Nightwish. She I feel has the strengths of both Tarja and Anette and is the best vocalist the band has ever had. No disrespect to Marco, of course, who is a certified badass. ;) And while we're on the topic of Nightwish I'll say that Tuomas Holopainen is one of my favorite composers and the man inspires me and my imagination to no end.

Maddy wrote:Somehow I really have this special thing for bands which put a little more effort in their visual image. :lol:
But I love those crazy musicians who aren't just showing up in t-shirt and jeans!

Same. I mean my TOP 3 is Lordi, KISS and Alice Cooper. And then of course my #4 is Iron Maiden and they have Eddie... And I listen to so many other visual and theatrical bands like King Diamond, Lizzy Borden, Ghost, Slipknot, Mötley Crüe, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson... Heck, even Daft Punk.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Maddy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Maddy wrote:Nightwish, Symphonic Metal at it's best! There is almost no other band that gives me goose bumps like them. Now that they have Floor in the band I love them even more, she is just the perfect fit for this band.

I'd dare say Floor coming into the band is pretty much one of the best things to ever happen to Nightwish. She I feel has the strengths of both Tarja and Anette and is the best vocalist the band has ever had. No disrespect to Marco, of course, who is a certified badass. ;) And while we're on the topic of Nightwish I'll say that Tuomas Holopainen is one of my favorite composers and the man inspires me and my imagination to no end.

Absolutly agreeing to 10000000000....0% with you!!!
I have the EXACT same thoughts like you - Floor is THE best thing that ever happened to this band and she definitely is my favourite singer!
And Marco is just awesome, no matter which female singer is in the band. I just love his voice. <3
Tuomas is without any doubt one of the best songwriters of this century, an absolut mastermind!

Maddy wrote:Somehow I really have this special thing for bands which put a little more effort in their visual image. :lol:

Same. I mean my TOP 3 is Lordi, KISS and Alice Cooper. And then of course my #4 is Iron Maiden and they have Eddie... And I listen to so many other visual and theatrical bands like King Diamond, Lizzy Borden, Ghost, Slipknot, Mötley Crüe, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson... Heck, even Daft Punk.

I absolutly feel ya. I guess once you "started" with this thing you can never go back.. :lol:
But for real: it's so much more fun to see those bands live because they simply look so much more impressive than normal bands!
Sacred and Wild.

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Maddy wrote:And Marco is just awesome, no matter which female singer is in the band. I just love his voice. <3

I always wondered why people were debating whether or not Tarja or Anette was the best Nightwish vocalist. Clearly it was Marco. :mrgreen:
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Maddy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:57 pm

Haha, you have a really good point here (& somehow it's true)! :lol:
Sacred and Wild.

Postby MarianneAgrat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:36 am

Personally I'm a huge fan of BEHEMOTH ! (and the bassplayer is... Okay stop stop stop! ) Also Gris and Pensées nocturnes. I don't understand anything to the lyrics but the music is just ...WOW ! Theatres des Vampires They come from Italy, it's.... Special but it's good!
Nightwish of course, Tiamat, SOAD, Eluveitie, Moonspell, Septicflesh, Alcest, Azaghal, Krisiun Annnnd so many others ! :mrgreen:
MarianneAgrat

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:42 am

MarianneAgrat wrote:Personally I'm a huge fan of BEHEMOTH ! (and the bassplayer is... Okay stop stop stop! ):

And the bassplayer for Behemoth is as irrelevant as the walking joke that band has become. Invest your time in Vader instead my child.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous babbling