Monsterboard

Ghost fans?

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Ghost fans?

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Any Ghost fans out there? I was thinking of starting a topic related to them now that I know quite a fair amount of fans of them on here! Talk about anything Ghost related on here, I'm listening!
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Re: Ghost fans?

Postby Miss-Elodia » Wed May 07, 2014 3:18 pm

You may already know that I'm a Ghost fan :wink:
I discovered the band in August last year and I love their music! Going to see them along with Slayer, Anthrax and Mastodon on the 4th of July in Paris. :mrgreen:
Keeping Markus in my cellar since 2015.
Twitter Tumblr Facebook Lordi stories on FanFiction
Miss-Elodia

Postby Angel Of Death » Wed May 07, 2014 4:29 pm

I'm a fan too :) I discovered them at Graspop Metal Meeting last year here in Belgium and I'm going to see them again on the 30th of June in Amsterdam, Holland :D
Angel Of Death

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 pm

I first heard of Ghost back in 2010 when the first album came out and there was a buzz about them in the metal community. I've seen 'em live three times - once with Papa Emeritus I and twice with Papa Emeritus II. Seeing 'em for my fourth time at the end of the month at the Sonisphere festival here in Finland.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:06 am

Yes Markus and Miss-Elodia I know you guys are fans. Great to hear that you're a fan too Ginny. :) enjoy seeing them again, they are awesome live aren't they?

I got in to Ghost around Christmas last year. I saw pictures of them and I thought they were pretty cool. Then one of my friends suggested some songs to me; I listened to them and at first I was surprised of their sound but after listening to a few more songs I had a change of heart for their sound and Papa's voice, and then I fell in love with the band. I saw them last month and it was awesome, one of the best sounding concerts I've ever been to. Glad I got to see them with Papa II before Papa III takes over.

Has anyone seen this interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDkzumtQBmQ&list=FLYOpS68je5VSxRjuVMHIkEQ&index=4 We finally get to hear Omega speak!

Papa is my favourite but I love Alpha, Omega and the bass ghoul too! If any more Ghost fans want to share their stories of how they got in to the band please do!
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby Angel Of Death » Thu May 08, 2014 5:47 pm

oh, they are surely awesome live. They know how to put up a show :) when seeing them last year, it was a festival show..the show in Amsterdam will be a headlining one so I'm curious about it :)
Angel Of Death

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Thu May 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Angel Of Death wrote:oh, they are surely awesome live. They know how to put up a show :) when seeing them last year, it was a festival show..the show in Amsterdam will be a headlining one so I'm curious about it :)

Well having seen Ghost both as part of a festival line-up in broad daylight as well as at their own headlining club gig, I can say the best way to see them is at their own gig. Not only do they have a longer setlist with more time to play, it's a completely different vibe when you see 'em with proper lighting and their own stage set. Papa for example becomes much more imposing when seen in the right type of lighting. Also their own gigs aren't treated as much like concerts as they are treated like a religious mass. For example when I saw 'em in December the roadies burned incense at the sides of the stage before the band came on and before the band's own intro tape they played choir chants for several minutes.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Angel Of Death » Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 pm

that surely sounds awesome :D now it's even more hard to wait :P
Angel Of Death

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:14 am

I saw them as a headlining act this year, their opening act was King Dude and it was a great show. :) their was incense in the venue and the lighting was perfect. Oh yes definitely, at a headlining gig the longer they play.

I went through the same thing when I saw them this year Markus; the incense, the church choir and when the stage went red and the Nameless Ghouls came on I started singing the lyrics to Infestissumam and screamed so loud as soon as Papa walked on when Per Aspera Ad Inferi begun.

This is the setlist that they played at the ritual:

1. Infestissumam
2. Per Aspera Ad Inferi
3. Ritual
4. Prime Mover
5. Jigolo Har Megiddo
6. Con Clavi Con Dio
7. Elizabeth
8. Body and Blood
9. Death Knell
10. Here Comes the Sun
11. Stand by Him
12. Depth of Satan's Eyes
13. Genesis
14. Year Zero
15. If you Have Ghosts
16. Ghuleh/Zombie Queen
17. Monstrance Clock

And here are some of my shots from the ritual:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-H2u3lD9SUUc/U1HINJoeznI/AAAAAAAAB6c/vBXF7hGd7mw/s1600/IMG_20140418_065435.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cfmClqJmcBs/U1HIVYHNYsI/AAAAAAAAB6k/_rPyw8NXPFY/s1600/Come+together.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XUpfiWfntbY/U1HLHrpQ-tI/AAAAAAAAB6s/_-OksYxFZQ8/s1600/Sexy+pope.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OcmPpbjfSoE/U1HLsOdJ48I/AAAAAAAAB60/JsJFquMDSMY/s1600/Trinity.jpg

I like the use of the incense but I was so dehydrated and sweaty after the show! I don't believe in satan but during the hours I was at the ritual I did! :lol:

Monsterlady38

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri May 09, 2014 2:47 am

I have the feeling everyone on here would like Portal.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat May 10, 2014 12:53 pm

seems you really had a nice time Emily :)
Monstrance Clock, perfect ending for their gig. I believe they ended the gig at Graspop last year with that song too but I'm not 100% sure about that..
Angel Of Death

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Angel Of Death wrote:seems you really had a nice time Emily :)
Monstrance Clock, perfect ending for their gig. I believe they ended the gig at Graspop last year with that song too but I'm not 100% sure about that..

Yes I did, it was worth waiting for. Cheap tickets + Very close to the stage + being noticed more than once by Papa = best first ritual. :) Monstrance Clock as soon as I heard it I thought it would be the perfect "end the concert" song, I love it when they play that song. Everyone in the audience was screaming the lyrics to it but I was singing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl31hnuqB4k&list=FLYOpS68je5VSxRjuVMHIkEQ&index=5 i didn't make this vid but at 0:12 you can hear me shouting to Papa that I would never disappoint him. :lol:

I know that before they released Infestissumam I think they used to end with Ritual but I never saw them back then so I don't know for sure. I'm also surprised they didn't play Secular Haze, I know that one by heart. But Body and Blood I was happy to hear live cause I thought they were now replacing it with Jigolo Har Megiddo. (which is also a good song)

From what I've heard about the next album it may have a more metal-based theme to it, more riffs and solos possibly. But it seems that Ghost was always meant to be a vocally driven band in my opinion but who knows what's going to happen next.

Monsterlady38

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 pm

the tickets I bought weren't so expensive too. Oh, Papa noticed you, that's nice :D
it's indeed a pity they don't play Secular Haze, I really like that song too..
a more metal themed album..hmm I'm curious about that then :D everything is possible when making a new album so let's wait and see what it will give :)
Angel Of Death

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:39 am

Yes Papa looked at me a few times. :) He first did when I shouted that I love him between songs and when I made a heart shape with my hands. I blew a kiss at him when he looked at me again and then he caught it in his hand I was so happy. :mrgreen: (I've told this story pretty much everywhere now :lol: but i'm not trying to brag when I share it. ) I was trying to grab a rose from him but didn't get one. I've never had any luck with catching things at a concert, but oh well maybe next time.

It's a great song, it seems like they played it too much they wanted to change it up a bit just like Lordi wants to take out songs they've always played. Has anyone seen that video where Papa II makes his first performance in Linkoping and they play that song? I like the music vids for Secular Haze and Monstrance Clock but Year Zero...meh...not that much.

Omega says (I think it was Omega) that they will begin writing new material maybe in the fall, I know for certain that once I know the release date I will be making a beeline for the record store to grab it. :lol:

Monsterlady38

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:25 am

Yep news has been confirmed. Ghost goes back to the studio in the fall. That means we have to wait even longer for the next album.

Monsterlady38

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed May 28, 2014 2:36 am

Monsterlady38 wrote:Yep news has been confirmed. Ghost goes back to the studio in the fall. That means we have to wait even longer for the next album.

I was under the impression that that was all but confirmed at this point? They'll still tour for the summer and then hit the studio in the fall, which will more than likely mean the album comes out early next year and a first single or the next Papa's introduction could happen by the end of this year.

But while we're on the topic of Ghost (of course we are, this is a topic specifically dedicated to 'em), I'm seeing 'em for my fourth time in a matter of hours at the Sonisphere festival here in Finland. I'll also be seeing Gojira, Mastodon, Danzig, Slayer and Metallica. Seen all of 'em once before apart from Danzig who I'm seeing for my first time.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:45 am

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:
Monsterlady38 wrote:Yep news has been confirmed. Ghost goes back to the studio in the fall. That means we have to wait even longer for the next album.

I was under the impression that that was all but confirmed at this point? They'll still tour for the summer and then hit the studio in the fall, which will more than likely mean the album comes out early next year and a first single or the next Papa's introduction could happen by the end of this year.

But while we're on the topic of Ghost (of course we are, this is a topic specifically dedicated to 'em), I'm seeing 'em for my fourth time in a matter of hours at the Sonisphere festival here in Finland. I'll also be seeing Gojira, Mastodon, Danzig, Slayer and Metallica. Seen all of 'em once before apart from Danzig who I'm seeing for my first time.

Yeah I heard on one of the Ghost pages that it was leaked. I am going to miss Papa II (I know it's the same voice but the look of Papa II I am very attached to) and enjoy the gig. :)

Monsterlady38

Postby Angel Of Death » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:16 pm

my 2nd ritual is next week...the countdown has started :D I'm so looking forward to it :mrgreen:
Angel Of Death

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:47 am

Have fun Ginny! :D (I know I'm a little late in posting that because I think your ritual has already happened :lol: cause I just saw on Twitter about Ghost's recent show in Belgium)

So how was it? They're getting better and better live. :)

I recently ordered Ghost Grucifix earrings three weeks ago, they still haven't come. I ordered the necklace and a patch for my vest and they only took a week. I want my earrings now. :mrgreen:

Monsterlady38

Postby Isa » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:05 am

She's go at the show from Amsterdam not Belgium

Belgium it was at Graspop a festival, not a "normal" Ghost gig
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Angel Of Death » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:45 pm

like Isa said, I went to the gig in Amsterdam and not the one in Belgium. I prefered seeing a headlining show this time..

well, what can I say about it..it was just more than awesome :D waiting for such a long time outside was more than worth it. I'll surely go see them again if they are again in the neighbourhood here!!! :D I even experienced a small fangirl moment when he touched or yeah, more tickled my hand :mrgreen:

I took some pics and I recorded a video of Year Zero..the intro is well missing in that video since I was searching the record button on my camera xD I btw apologize for my false singing, or if it can even be called singing :P

pics : https://www.facebook.com/ginny.carmans/ ... 250&type=1
video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iFOMtm ... 9ZfNP44dcA
Angel Of Death

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Ohhh right it was Amsterdam...my bad, thank you Isa. :P but you're right, the headlining shows are better because that means longer setlist.

Great photos! Oh man Papa tickled your hand... :shock: I was reaching for him the entire time while singing when I squeezed my way into the second row but he only bent down to the people on the other side of the stage.

Glad to hear you had a great time!
Last edited by Monsterlady38 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsterlady38

Postby Angel Of Death » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:45 pm

the atmosphere around the whole gig is also more nice when it's a headlining show..

yeah, I was in the first row right in front of him. Pretty creepy to see him from so close actually but it's cool :D it's just being lucky I think..maybe it was just because he recognized me when he was going inside the venue..my friend & I were there quite early..

I surely had a great time..I'll remember this for a long time for sure!!
Angel Of Death

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:32 pm

the atmosphere around the whole gig is also more nice when it's a headlining show..

^ Agreed 100%

You were lucky to get there early and be right in front of him. I wasn't there very early but managed to be pretty much in the front, not up against the railing like you were but it feels darn close enough for me. :lol: Creepy but cool yeah, totally agreed with that as well. Ghost was the first concert where I was very close to the stage (even if it's not the very front but maybe next time for any concert I'll try aiming for the very first row!) and was noticed by my favourite member (Papa)

Keep those memories. :wink: looking at the photos can always make you think of that night.

Monsterlady38

Postby Angel Of Death » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:14 pm

here there weren't any fences actually..
if you want to get to the first row, the best is to get there quite early. Then you are sure but from there, it also depends from band to band. With some bands, there will be people already at 8am or so while with other gigs, most of the people only get there around 4 - 5 pm or so..
Angel Of Death

Next

Return to Miscellaneous babbling