Monsterboard

Ghost fans?

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Ghost fans?

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Angel Of Death wrote:here there weren't any fences actually..
if you want to get to the first row, the best is to get there quite early. Then you are sure but from there, it also depends from band to band. With some bands, there will be people already at 8am or so while with other gigs, most of the people only get there around 4 - 5 pm or so..

That is noted down considerably, thanks for the advice. There was a railing at the venue I was at and I was squeezing between two people who were up against it at the view between Papa and the bass ghoul. :lol: I really wanted to get there super early but I had one last class in the morning and couldn't get a ride until after 5. (I don't drive yet)

Moving on has anyone seen Papaganda part 2? I didn't like it very much.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Miss-Elodia » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:58 pm

I saw it, and the only thing I remember was... well, Papa's butt. :p
French ritual in two days! Can't wait! :mrgreen:
Keeping Markus in my cellar since 2015.
Twitter Tumblr Facebook Lordi stories on FanFiction
Miss-Elodia

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Have fun!

His butt is the most common thing to remember.

Honestly, I didn't like seeing it....well actually I didn't like seeing his party side that much taking two girls back to his hotel room. That's not my idea of fun. I love Papa but I would never go back to a hotel with him, and partying with booze, not my thing either. But hey if anyone on here does like it that's you. :)

My Grucifix earrings came in the mail today!
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby Miss-Elodia » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:50 pm

Wow, the Ritual yesterday was just perfect. I was surprised to see that not many people came to see Ghost (the hall was full for Slayer though). Well, I was placed at the first row and enjoyed the show. It was incredible, but way WAY too short, only 45 minutes. The Ghouls and Papa were excellent and playful with the crowd. Mastodon and Slayer were very good.
I bought the Tour shirt and came back with my head full of memories. :)
Miss-Elodia

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Miss-Elodia wrote:Wow, the Ritual yesterday was just perfect. I was surprised to see that not many people came to see Ghost (the hall was full for Slayer though). Well, I was placed at the first row and enjoyed the show. It was incredible, but way WAY too short, only 45 minutes. The Ghouls and Papa were excellent and playful with the crowd. Mastodon and Slayer were very good.
I bought the Tour shirt and came back with my head full of memories. :)

Great! :D yeah that's the thing I don't like about festivals even though I've never been to one. They don't get to play for as long and sometimes they play during the day when we all know that the band plays longer and better at night with all the lights and stuff in smaller venues. :mrgreen:

I love watching interviews with the ghouls these days, especially the ones with Omega.

Monsterlady38

Postby Monsta » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 am

I've had my eyes on them ever since there first became a buzz about them, which actually feels cool since they now are becoming so big. However it wasn't really until Infestissumam they REALLY got me hooked. Haven't seen them live yet (and I'm a swede :roll: ) but planning to do so at the beginning of this fall!

The thing that's a bit bothering at the moment about this band however is perhaps that they've become a bit to 'campy'. All the "Papa-is-actually-an-italian-don-who-fancies-women"-stuff have maybe gone a bit out of hand. I liked when there was a bit more mystique to it. Their image still remains brillaint though!
Monsta

Postby Monsterlady38 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Monsta wrote:I've had my eyes on them ever since there first became a buzz about them, which actually feels cool since they now are becoming so big. However it wasn't really until Infestissumam they REALLY got me hooked. Haven't seen them live yet (and I'm a swede :roll: ) but planning to do so at the beginning of this fall!

The thing that's a bit bothering at the moment about this band however is perhaps that they've become a bit to 'campy'. All the "Papa-is-actually-an-italian-don-who-fancies-women"-stuff have maybe gone a bit out of hand. I liked when there was a bit more mystique to it. Their image still remains brillaint though!

I agree with your last statement about the band, the thing about Papa being an Italian and ladies man is all a big joke that's hard to recognize. In reality Papa isn't like that, and is accent is only Italian on stage. Did you know that he does interviews dressed as one of the Ghouls, and his accent sounds totally different and he's more "himself" y'know. But before I realized it was a joke, I was disappointed cause the Papa I like to see is the one I saw on stage in April. I see what you mean by mystique, I'm not really digging these jokes they make, I prefer their dark side but yes the image ROCKS!

I'm too attached to the look of Papa II to let him go, when he leaves and Papa III comes in, I'll never forget Papa II even if I start to like Papa III's look too. :wink:

Monsterlady38

Postby Monsta » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:11 am

Well, the man behind Papa is pretty much the man behind the whole band Ghost. He's the one who came up with the image, writes all the songs and does pretty much all interviews until recentely. From what I've heard they're actually switching the other members very frequently.
Monsta

Postby dark_havens » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:48 pm

You might already know that I'm a Ghost fan here as well but since it's been way too long since I logged in the last time I am kinda late ;)

But anyway, Ghost is definitely one of my favourite bands right now, Papa and Omega being my favourite members. I'm still yet to see them live but I can promise that will happen someday, just wish I could've made it into Sonisphere this year here in Finland though...
A mummified soul
dark_havens

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:24 am

dark_havens wrote:You might already know that I'm a Ghost fan here as well but since it's been way too long since I logged in the last time I am kinda late ;)

But anyway, Ghost is definitely one of my favourite bands right now, Papa and Omega being my favourite members. I'm still yet to see them live but I can promise that will happen someday, just wish I could've made it into Sonisphere this year here in Finland though...

Yeah I know it.

And I saw your collage of Omega in one of the Ghost FB groups and it's beautifully done. Maybe next year. :wink:

Monsterlady38

Postby Maddy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm

To be honest here, I'm starting to get a little more into them.
I'm still a little "disappointed" by their music but I gave it a try and it's not that bad.
Opticalwise I absolutly love them - wish they sounded more like they look.
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Well no one says you have to straight up love them. I hear you like one song, that's a good start. :) you don't have to be a die hard fan.

Monsterlady38

Postby Maddy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:19 am

Nah, I'll never become a die hard fan of them. Unless they do a 180° turn, musicalwise.
But sometimes I really do enjoy playing their music. :)
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:46 pm

No one says you have to. Though word has been put out in recent interviews that the band may do something a little heavier than their usual sound for their next album.

Monsterlady38

Postby Maddy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Woah, I really hope that this will be true! :mrgreen:
My favorite song is definitely "Ritual", so I hope it goes more into that direction then. (That would be already enough for me to like them more)
Sacred and Wild.

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:Though word has been put out in recent interviews that the band may do something a little heavier than their usual sound for their next album.

Maddy wrote:Woah, I really hope that this will be true! :mrgreen:
My favorite song is definitely "Ritual", so I hope it goes more into that direction then. (That would be already enough for me to like them more)

From what I understand they've said in interviews that Infestissumam was an album that focused very heavily on vocal melodies and that a lot of the songs weren't for the guitarists for example very interesting to play, so the next album will be more focused on the guitar work and more centered around riffs which by some can be seen as a heavier approach.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Monsterlady38 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Ritual is one of their best songs. It is a fun song to hear live, makes you sing at the top of your lungs.

Yeah, what Markus said. :mrgreen:

Monsterlady38

Postby Maddy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Well, no matter how they meant this - I'm just hoping for some kickass-heavy-music! :)

And I would still love to know who this ghoul is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPy5jMJk7a8
(Not in the sense who the real person is, but which instrument he's playing in the band.)
I just love the voice of his. He's like one of the person I could listen to for hours and hours.
I like guys with such "hypnotizing" voices! :twisted:
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Miss-Elodia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:35 am

I think it's Alpha, the lead guitarist. :wink:
Miss-Elodia

Postby Maddy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 pm

Miss-Elodia wrote:I think it's Alpha, the lead guitarist. :wink:

Wow, thanks a million for this information! <3
I guess I finally know who my favorite member is. xD
Sacred and Wild.

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Maddy wrote:
Miss-Elodia wrote:I think it's Alpha, the lead guitarist. :wink:

Wow, thanks a million for this information! <3
I guess I finally know who my favorite member is. xD

May I step in and over-complicate this? :P

Actually I'm not sure it is Alpha. I mean yes, here we have another interview with this same Ghoul where he seems to be Alpha playing his guitar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQreEFdnQvM

But then here we have another interview with a Ghoul that appears to be said lead guitarist Alpha talking about his guitar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx4BbKBAcrU

Notice how his voice in that second interview appears to be different to that of the Ghoul being interviewed in that other interview as well as most interviews. The predominant theory among fans is that the Ghoul that's usually interviewed is in fact Papa in a Ghoul costume. Notice how his speaking voice sounds suspiciously similar to Papa's singing voice. But that's the beauty of Ghost - we can't know. All we can do is wonder and speculate about this mystery. ;)
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Maddy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Damn! Why can't they just give the ghouls some names.. That sucks :lol:
On one hand I really think this is kinda "annoying" to not know so much about them but on the other hand it's quite cool that they are such a big mystery. I wouldn't complain about a few more infos tho.

But you're right. Actually I already thought that it's Papa too because of the similarity of the voice.
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Ghostrider93 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:35 am

Ghost are very incredible! :D

I've seen them in live last year, and it was awesome, one of the best moments of the year!
Be yourself! Do not be ashamed to show what you like, and do not be ashamed to admit that you are different.
Ghostrider93

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:53 am

Ghostrider93 wrote:Ghost are very incredible! :D

I've seen them in live last year, and it was awesome, one of the best moments of the year!

Yep yep! I'm counting the days until they return.

Monsterlady38

Postby Ghostrider93 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:22 am

Monsterlady38 wrote:
Ghostrider93 wrote:Ghost are very incredible! :D

Yep yep! I'm counting the days until they return.

I look forward for their return too!! :D
Be yourself! Do not be ashamed to show what you like, and do not be ashamed to admit that you are different.
Ghostrider93

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous babbling