Monsterboard

New KISS' album after 2015 tour

Go here when you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with LORDI.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

New KISS' album after 2015 tour

Postby korovnikovd » Tue May 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Hey all you KISS Army soldiers out here, Gene confirmed that KISS is going to release their 21st studio album and he's written a new song called Your Wish Is My Command that can appear on the final tracklist.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/4051010/kiss-wil-weer-studio-in-nieuw-album.html

Will Paul produce it? Will there be a new Freh... Thayer's song about space? What are your expectations?
korovnikovd

Re: New KISS' album after 2015 tour

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue May 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Monsta » Wed May 27, 2015 1:09 am

Well, I rather hear some new songs on a studio album than Paul Stanley butchering the same classics over and over again live. In the studio they can at least give him the feeling of some dignity, and I enjoyed Monster very much. I still think they should lay off though, which is sad because musically they sound better than ever. It all really comes down to Paul, whose voice I can't stand anymore.
Monsta

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed May 27, 2015 3:19 am

Monsta wrote:Well, I rather hear some new songs on a studio album than Paul Stanley butchering the same classics over and over again live. In the studio they can at least give him the feeling of some dignity, and I enjoyed Monster very much. I still think they should lay off though, which is sad because musically they sound better than ever. It all really comes down to Paul, whose voice I can't stand anymore.

These are my concerns exactly. Musically KISS sounds as great as ever but Paul's vocals have been nothing short of horrendous for the past couple of years. On Monster they were still able to mask it enough but he has completely blown out his voice on the tours that have followed the album. So while I did like Monster and positively loved Sonic Boom, I wonder how much Auto-Tune and studio "magic" the band will need this time around to make Paul sound halfway decent, and if it's worth it at this point.

Then again we don't know if there is an album coming or not. Gene has recently been quoted as saying there will be a new album, whereas Paul has recently been quoted as saying the band doesn't need to do another album. Who do I believe? Both? Neither? I'm gonna go with neither.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia is my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby korovnikovd » Wed May 27, 2015 1:02 pm

I don't want Scooby Doo soundtrack to be their final release. :?
korovnikovd

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed May 27, 2015 2:04 pm

korovnikovd wrote:I don't want Scooby Doo soundtrack to be their final release. :?

I didn't want A Twisted Christmas to be Twisted Sister's last album either, but sometimes life's just not fair.

Then again I actually really dig A Twisted Christmas. I listen to it every Christmas Eve, and have ever since the album came out. It's my own little metalhead Christmas tradition.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby korovnikovd » Wed May 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Dee is gonna release a compilation of re-recorded old Twisted Sister songs which were never released before and some of his brand new tracks, so since he's the only one who wrote songs for TS, I may consider it a TS release. :wink:

I believe KISS can give us one final album, even though yeah it would take much auto-tune to make Paul sound listenable, but remember Samurai Son, it wasn't that bad. :roll:
korovnikovd

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed May 27, 2015 2:54 pm

korovnikovd wrote:I believe KISS can give us one final album, even though yeah it would take much auto-tune to make Paul sound listenable, but remember Samurai Son, it wasn't that bad. :roll:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Samurai Son... You do have a point there - Paul didn't sound too bad on that one. Even if the song was mediocrity incarnate. Then again I probably wasn't the target audience for that project anyway.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby korovnikovd » Wed May 27, 2015 3:07 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:
korovnikovd wrote:I believe KISS can give us one final album, even though yeah it would take much auto-tune to make Paul sound listenable, but remember Samurai Son, it wasn't that bad. :roll:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Samurai Son... You do have a point there - Paul didn't sound too bad on that one. Even if the song was mediocrity incarnate. Then again I probably wasn't the target audience for that project anyway.

I was more than sceptical about that collaboration with Momoclo, but the song turned out to be quite good imo.
korovnikovd

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Wed May 27, 2015 3:21 pm

korovnikovd wrote:I was more than sceptical about that collaboration with Momoclo, but the song turned out to be quite good imo.

I've never been able to stand J-pop or anything of the like, so for me anything flirting with that sound and style just becomes insufferable. Case in point - Babymetal. Clearly there are people who don't mind that stuff and actually enjoy it though, so I've no problem with that. It's just not for me.
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby korovnikovd » Wed May 27, 2015 3:57 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:
korovnikovd wrote:I was more than sceptical about that collaboration with Momoclo, but the song turned out to be quite good imo.

I've never been able to stand J-pop or anything of the like, so for me anything flirting with that sound and style just becomes insufferable. Case in point - Babymetal. Clearly there are people who don't mind that stuff and actually enjoy it though, so I've no problem with that. It's just not for me.

Kiss used to flirt and make out with a whole lotta diverse directions from pop rock to heavier grunge, so I was mentally prepared for a full length j-rock album when I heard about them going to collaborate with a Japanese girl band. :)
korovnikovd

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:42 pm

As much as I enjoy hearing the classics and songs from Monster (and it was a really good album no lie) I would love to hear something new by KISS rather than them giving us the same thing every year.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Return to Miscellaneous babbling