Monsterboard

Newcomers board.

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: psyanide, Hemitys, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Newcomers board.

Postby CampCrystalLake » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:10 am

Hi Monsterfans!
My name is Niki, from England - I live near Stonehenge and get to see it on my way to work every day :)
I am 27 and unfortunately only really got into Lordi this year after a chance gig with my friend.
I loved it so went back to see them two days later. I am now hooked, and have much merch, and now sport a Lordisign tattoo on my back! All in the space of 3 months!
I love horror films, heavy metal, rock music, drawing, writing (have published two books, currently working on a Lordi FF) and cars.

I hope I can post here as frequently as possible, in amongst the writing!

Hi again! :)
A.K.A Vampire Girl
Fan of horror & the paranormal. Author and amateur Journalist.

LORDI Army UK and Ireland - https://www.facebook.com/LordiArmyUKIreland/

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4319&p=579013#p579013
CampCrystalLake

Postby korovnikovd » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:15 am

It's always nice to see new fans. :) Welcome aboard!
korovnikovd

Postby CampCrystalLake » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:23 am

thank you, glad to be here!
I did of course watch ESC back in 2006 and liked them then, I think I had the Arockalypse album at some point too, but the band CKY were still very much at the forefront of my interests then.
I wish i had got into Lordi sooner though, I've missed so much :-(
A.K.A Vampire Girl

CampCrystalLake

Postby MarianneAgrat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:40 pm

Hellcome Niki :D
MarianneAgrat

Postby CampCrystalLake » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Thanks Marianne, I'm postively DYING in excitement to be here ;)
A.K.A Vampire Girl

CampCrystalLake

Postby Miss-Elodia » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Welcome on this forum! :mrgreen:
"Se oli tonnin seteli!"
Keeping Markus in my cellar since 2015. All mine to keep~
Twitter Tumblr Facebook FanFiction
Miss-Elodia

Postby CampCrystalLake » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:28 am

thank you! :mrgreen:
A.K.A Vampire Girl

CampCrystalLake

Postby Hulking_Dynamite » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:59 am

Hello everyone!

I'm recently registered to this forum, but I've been hiding in the dark for quite a while. I would've already been within this community if it hadn't been so difficult to get a password through; it seems whatever I tried, even when exceeding the requirements, it always denied my password registry. But, enough of that, here's some trivia about me:

I'm a male, born and located in Iceland.

My initial discovery of the band was through the Eurovision contest; which is rather religiously viewed and upheld by my country (probably everywhere else in Europe, I suppose). My discovery of the band revolutionized my perception and my stance on music; my ears finally knew what kind of music they liked to hear.

My very first album was the compilation-album The Monster Show.

I made myself a ring with the band's symbol, cast in silver, as a final-project in a course I took in school. I made a 3D-model of the ring, of my own design, and printed it in plastic. Then I sent it to a local jeweler to get it cast. The outcome was fantastic, and I wear the ring with pride.

Other interests that I'm very fond of, that match my interest of the band, are thing such as comic-books, films, pirates and greek-mythology.

Well, I guess that's enough for my entrance. :D
Hulking_Dynamite

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:22 am

^ Welcome aboard!
Miss-Elodia - my life partner in crime. <3
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby JBosch » Thu May 26, 2016 9:44 pm

bla bla bla your average introduction....

you know what fuck it

im Juul, just your average 19 year old guy and from the netherlands, been lurking without an account on the forums for a while
im an active airsoft player, usually i got one of the albums rocking in the car when im driving(average is 1 hour to 2 hour drives to a field)
i also smoke WAY to much, and i really dont give a crap.

my Favorite member has been and is still Ox, just because of how Brutal he looks(and the Bass, i love those things!)
JBosch

Postby miss_brutality » Fri May 27, 2016 12:07 pm

JBosch wrote:bla bla bla your average introduction....

you know what fuck it

im Juul, just your average 19 year old guy and from the netherlands, been lurking without an account on the forums for a while
im an active airsoft player, usually i got one of the albums rocking in the car when im driving(average is 1 hour to 2 hour drives to a field)

my Favorite member has been and is still Ox, just because of how Brutal he looks(and the Bass, i love those things!)

When an dhow did you become a fan :)
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby JBosch » Sat May 28, 2016 12:07 am

miss_brutality wrote:
JBosch wrote:bla bla bla your average introduction....

you know what fuck it

When an dhow did you become a fan :)

i dont even remember, probs a year or 4/5 ago, i just find random stuff on spotify and this ended up in my playlist somehow
JBosch

Postby VincentTerSchuur » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:06 am

Heeeeey everyone! :D

My name is Vincent Ter Schuur and i'm a 24 year old from the Netherlands :)

I have been listening to Lordi since i was 8 years old and remember my very first song i listened to was Blood Red Sandman in the hope that my parents wouldn't find out that i was watching the music video. I especially did this when they were out to go grocery shopping due to being afraid that they might get mad at me for listening to it :lol:

Anyway, what can i say? :o

I have been going to 4 concerts from them and am going to the 5th this year and have been able to see Kita, Awa and even Otis perform live due to going to so many concerts.
I also might be a little obsessed with them due to how i wonna meet them so bad.
But further nothing special here i guess.
I'm planning on writing them a fanmail soon though because of the fact that i can't seem to reach them online.
So yeah, that's all i guess haha

Further i just love horror films, heavy metal, rock music, cosplaying, watching anime, my girlfriend and other stuff really :o so yeah, if you wonna know more, you can ask :D

Sincerely with love: Vincent (See what i did there :lol:)
VincentTerSchuur

Postby Ozzy75 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 am

Hi there!

Yet another Monsterfan :-)
My name is Christoph and I come from Frankfurt, Germany. I have to admit I'm one of those who have seen Lordi first at the Grand Prix back then. I was just watching this crap show with my wife so I could slander about her taste of music, until the Monsters entered the stage. She started slandering about my music taste then but I wasn't listening, I fell in love that moment :-D

It was a wish from my heart to eventually see Lordi live, and thank god they come to Germany quite regularly. Seen them on 4 shows since then and soon on two shows of the Sexorcism tour.

Maybe I'm not the typical Lordi fan, cause I'm already 43 and I also like other music genres like Country, Folk and sometimes even French Chanson, but the best of all is classic rock, metal and Hardrock like Lordi plays.
My actual favourite songs are "Let's Go Slaughter He-Man", "Sexorcism", "Your tongue's got the cat", "Man skin boots", "Slashion Model Girls".
My alltime favourite song is "Chainsaw Buffet".

I love Lordi cause they do that metal thing with an unseen smile behind their masks, even if they act so evil and mean. Still you can decide whether you want to take them as evil and mean or just as a good mood rock/metal band. Listening to Mr. Lordi in interviews, reading Amens posts here on the board or seeing them live is always very sympathic and they don't take all that too serious. Love the lyrics, the graphic arts, lust love everything abut them.

Well, I could write here for hours, but that's it about my newcomers post.

Thanks for reading and salute on a nice gettogether here and maybe eventually on a beer on a Lordi show :-)

Greetings,
Christoph
Ozzy75

Previous

Return to General discussion