Monsterboard

Genre / Death METAL

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby grims » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:41 pm

I agree...With skull
It's hard rock!Duh,Beatles are rock,maroon five is rock :roll:
I mean maroon five is pop rock!
And lordi is way heavyer!
It sounds like KISS
And Kiss was glam/Melodic hard rock so.........
grims

Re: Genre / Death METAL

Postby Orbett » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:58 am

LastWords wrote:Is Lordi like death metal or something!?

Sounds like like very scary and incredible evil music, why was this in eurovision...It's like satanist music.

If you're coming on the forum to make assumptions about Lordi based on speculation then fuck off. Stereotyping don't go down to well around here. And to answer you're question, listen to someone like Dimmu Borgir. THEN you'll know what Death metal is. No mate, Lordi is Hard rock at the heaviest.
Anyway, why does all music HAVE to conform to a certain genre?
What is with everybody's obsession with figuring out just how to catagorise music instead of just enjoying it?
I see the world but as the world -
A stage, where every many must play a part...
And mine a sad one.
Orbett

Postby Thomas » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:55 pm

DEATH METAL??????!!! :shock: OMG :P

I thought they where death metal BEFORE I heard them.. NO, they are NOT playing death metal, and they are not satanic :P Death Metal is like that: * GUitarplayer out of controll, drumms like DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the singer OOOOOOOOAAAAAÆÆÆÆÆWWWAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! SATAN!!!!! AAAAAAH!!!!!!*

(Sorry of using the word "Satan", but it was just to explain what Death Metal is ;) :lol:
Thomas

Postby Ida » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:03 pm

Death Metal: There are no trace of melody in the music, The lyrics is always about death.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:22 am

Hey! I'm feeling a bit offended here :P! Death metal is after all my favourite music genre..
What some people here are talking about is BLACK metal :wink:. Yes, they scream alot, and yes most of their lyrics are about death and world destruction, BUT; the melody is still a melody. I can get a death metal song easily stuck in my head. Take In Flames for instance. Some of their songs are actually catchy!
Black metal, and Death metal are very similiar for some people, but it's mostly Black metal that's representing satanism. Death metal is more like a "friendly version of Black Metal".

LastWords wrote:But still lordi is more heavy than this, they only bang drums and scream like hell no melody or music at all...sucks.

Excuse me, did you just said Lordi sucks...?
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby atrak » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:17 am

Lordi is hard rock! :twisted:
atrak

Postby LastWords » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm

Good To Be Bad Girl wrote:Hey! I'm feeling a bit offended here :P! Death metal is after all my favourite music genre..
What some people here are talking about is BLACK metal :wink:. Yes, they scream alot, and yes most of their lyrics are about death and world destruction, BUT; the melody is still a melody. I can get a death metal song easily stuck in my head. Take In Flames for instance. Some of their songs are actually catchy!
Black metal, and Death metal are very similiar for some people, but it's mostly Black metal that's representing satanism. Death metal is more like a "friendly version of Black Metal".
LastWords wrote:But still lordi is more heavy than this, they only bang drums and scream like hell no melody or music at all...sucks.

I Wouldn't be here if i thought lordi sucked.

Anyway... Depends tho if its melodic black or melodic death

Black Metal Example: http://www.mikseri.net/player/player.ph ... eter=43879

(I like this song)

:D
LastWords

Postby grims » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:00 pm

Ok Ok!
But it's cleared!
Lordi is melodic hard rock!
And not death!
grims

Postby LastWords » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:06 pm

HE said "Melody is still a melody.."

I guess it is, but can you call this melody?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR6UPaneNzc :lol:
LastWords

Postby Ida » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:50 pm

Good To Be Bad Girl wrote:Hey! I'm feeling a bit offended here :P! Death metal is after all my favourite music genre..

that's what I've been told of a girl about what Death are, how can blackmetal be heavier than Death?
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby LastWords » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:58 pm

He thinks slayer is death metal, when it's more like Trash metal, Thats why..
LastWords

Postby grims » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:34 pm

Slayer is thrash!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
grims

Postby paradise lost » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:50 pm

]Well,I've heard many opinions about Lordi's music from different listeners.
Usually pop fans believe that Lordi are a death/black metal bands and they add that Lordi are no melodic at all or that they use too many guitars.
On the other hand, death or thrash metal listeners find Lordi too light or melodic,like pop.Well I know for sure that Lordi are NOT death metal but they're NOT pop or pop-rock either.I don't use to put a band into a specific
category[if the music is good it doesn't matter if it's thrash or glam or power],but if I had to I would say that Lordi may 'have their roots' at 80s
hard rock or classic rock but they have add some more modern sounds in their music ,it's not old-fashioned.
As for death metal,I don't really like it[some times I'm just wondering if death metal singers actually sing]but I think that death metal guitarists are very talented.But this is my opinion.For example my brother LOVES Arch enemy[and my mother gets sick every time she hears Angela's voice :lol: ]
paradise lost

Postby Lord of Noise » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:45 am

There's a lot of people saying they're not metal at all...

But that depends how you look at it. What I mean is, these days, there's no way Lordi are metal. But then, if Lordi had turned up in the 80s, they might have been thought of as heavy metal.

Since I got into 80s stuff (and stuff that sounds a lot like it i.e. Lordi) the way I looked at genres has changed. Now, I do think of Lordi as the softer end of heavy metal, but that's cause that's how it worked then. But all the same, more theatrical hard rock. Not that genre really matters, what matters is - does it rock? So long as no-one does what Sony BMG UK managed - I had to change the genre on my copy of Metal Heart (an album by Accept) from pop...

Oh, and satanism sucks, but I'd love to see a truely satanist song on Eurovision - just to annoy the people who jump to conclusions.
Lord of Noise

Postby LastWords » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:45 pm

grims wrote:Slayer is thrash!

Sorry typo'ed :lol:
LastWords

Postby Linus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:00 pm

Let's face it. Some songs are pop rock (Would you love a monsterman, Monster Monster etc.) and some are 80's heavy metal (Devil is a Loser, EviLove).

- Linus
Linus

Postby grims » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:24 pm

Monster monster is not pop rock,
maroon five's new song is pop rock!
grims

Postby Amiro » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:12 am

Lordi isn't really "Christian" music seeing as how they mention some curse words in some songs. Just thought I'd throw that in. :P
Dynamite Tonite!
Amiro

Postby KittyCat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:06 pm

Lordi is Rock!
Whatever rock you say i don't care.
Monsters of rock!

And to the death/black metal issue!

They are both fast, but death metal usually has growling voices and kind of a pounding music.
Black metal has higher pitches voice, like when you scream inwards but yeah not that high :P and it's mpre atmospheric.

Listen to Darkthrone - Black
Morbid Angel - Death
Watch my lordi videos: http://www.youtube.com/kissemiss
KittyCat

Postby Nonee » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Amiro wrote:Lordi isn't really "Christian" music

No shit, Sherlock!
Fresh blood, a sanguinary feast is all I'm living for, and I crave it more and more...
Nonee

Postby Thomas » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:20 am

Nonee wrote:
Amiro wrote:Lordi isn't really "Christian" music

No shit, Sherlock!

Kita is Christian, that doesn't means that they play Christian music :P
Thomas

Postby Cabbage » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:09 pm

Mr. Lordi is Christian as well just wanted to throw that out there.
Cabbage

Postby McQuade » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:31 pm

Over 80% of us Finns are a part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, so it's not that unusual for a person to be a Christian. That does not however mean that they are devout Christians or that they are even practising.

I once saw a comment on youtube, someone described Lordi as a "Christian rock band", I was thinking "What?!", even though they are not a satanic band, it does not mean that they are a "Christian band" just because they have songs like Devil is a loser and Hard Rock Hallelujah.
McQuade

Postby Kamegeddon » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:54 am

Cabbage wrote:Mr. Lordi is Christian as well just wanted to throw that out there.

Correction. He goes to church, but I'm fairly certain he doesn't consider himself a Christian. Going to Church does not make you a Christian more than, to use the cliche, being in a garage makes you a car. :P
Kamegeddon

Postby Isa » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:34 am

I like it how from death metal we become to christian

Sometimes I ask me if it's really the music who's important for people and not the "image" even for some fan

That they are christian or not ?

That they go to the church or not ?

That they practising or not ?

What does had that to do with the music ?????????? NOTHING

Then come on stop with that Mr Kita and Mr Lordi are christian blablabla 'cause like McQuade say

Over 80% of us Finns are a part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, so it's not that unusual for a person to be a Christian.

It's like when a Italian say i'm christian it's not surprising but it have NOTHING to do with the principal in the band, the MUSIC
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion