Monsterboard

Fans After ESC

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Fans After ESC

Postby MissKilljoy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:08 pm

Now, we all know that Lordi after Eurovision became amazingly popular, and that they've got many fans back then. It's been more than one year and do you think that Lordi actually now has lost many of the fans they got after ESC? I think so.
MissKilljoy

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:28 pm

Yes I believe so many people "jumped on the band wagon" and enjoyed the attention Lordi got during the ESC aftermath but I'm sure some have forgot about them or just simply decided not to be a fan anymore. Some sad people also may have decided not to like Lordi because they were becoming very popular, some people I knew would only like a band if they were unheard of "because that was soo much cooler" they'd say.

But The true believers keep strong in the faith :D .

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:55 pm

Proudly objecting that idea.

theres one other person in my area who likes lordi. and he knew about them pre-ESC. He's never bloomin' on here though.

i can't say i know much about the fair-weather fans, because he and i are the only lordi fans in my entire school. Yeah, there were probably some who just wanted to have the image, but isnt that always the case? Besides, the "true believers" (sorry, couldnt resist) are the only people we really want right?
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Because you can't spell Necromancer without Romance
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Beauty of the beast » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:47 pm

That's just the issue really, as you said the "true believers" (getting mentioned a lot in this thread) are what we Monstermaniacs may want but surely for Lordi in a business idea they want as many people as possible. As a band you'd surely suffer if only your small circle of "true believers" purchased your goods, Lordi have just got out of an era like that and rely on just everyday joes getting their cd's and such. It makes more money after all. :P .

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby KittyCat » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:54 pm

I know what you mean.
I think i can call myself an after-ESC fan and i remember that when i signed up here there was alot of new fans hanging around and they discovered Lordi a bit more and got to know them better.
There was also alot of people at my school that talked about how much they liked Lordi but that only lasted for some weeks.

Now today, the after-ESC fans that joined the forum with me are slowly dissapearing. Some still hang here because they still like Lordi a bit and some hang just because they have friends here.

And some are still obsessed :).
Watch my lordi videos: http://www.youtube.com/kissemiss
KittyCat

Postby Mara » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:18 pm

I became a fan of Lordi after ESC, but they weren't so popular at my school, some of my friends hates me because I love them so much :D they still do, but I don't care, I'm proud of being a Lordifan, and I just want to tell it to everyone!!! :twisted:
Mara

Re: Fans After ESC

Postby Joni Master » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:56 pm

MissKilljoy wrote:Now, we all know that Lordi after Eurovision became amazingly popular, and that they've got many fans back then. It's been more than one year and do you think that Lordi actually now has lost many of the fans they got after ESC? I think so.

You bet.
Joni Master

Postby atrak » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:25 pm

I became a lordi fan after ESC and i think yes,after ESC lordi have more fans like me.
atrak

Postby metalskull » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Yeah Im an 06 fan. But I joined much later... I think that Lordi winning the eurovision has led to good and bad. Well, there are more fans, lots of them. That's good, of course. But now the clueles idiots will just keep saying: U like a EUROVISION BAND??? For me that's lame. They don't know how long lordi have been at it. And I think that If it wasn't 4 d eurovision I would never have learnt about them. So i dont care. Besides, you can't choose where you hear about a band, can you?
metalskull

Postby grims » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Lordi didn't knew that they will win.But I think that it was good for Lordi...
Lordi got the only Bosnian fan!YAY!
But I really think that ESC peformance is a new era for Lordi....
He got a lot of fans and lost a little non real fans.
So If you like the band, you will never stop loving them :)
grims

Postby Ida » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:16 pm

grims wrote:Lordi didn't knew that they will win.But I think that it was good for Lordi...
Lordi got the only Bosnian fan!YAY!
But I really think that ESC peformance is a new era for Lordi....
He got a lot of fans and lost a little non real fans.
So If you like the band, you will never stop loving them :)

HE? THEM I hope you mean? Don't want a The Ark dejavu.

Myeah, I heard about Lordi and such when they were in ESC, joined the board some days earlier than ESC, might not hang around exaclty HERE so much, but that doesn't take away my love for Lordi. You don't have to be on the board for loving a band. I'm never on HFs forum, Does this mean I don't love em? not really.So yeah.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Orbett » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:30 pm

I became a fan with ESC and you won't see me leaving the forum any time soon : P But yeah, there was a few people I knew who "loved" Lordi for a few weeks after the ESC and now are some of teh main people who mock me for liking Lordi : P
I see the world but as the world -
A stage, where every many must play a part...
And mine a sad one.
Orbett

Postby UKLFC » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:39 pm

I'm still happily, completely and utterly obsessed, and I know this is an obsession to keep. I love the music, the style, the short films, the videos, even spending my money on merch is worthwhile, and I'm going to continue doing it
Be a hater, be a Joni hater(Co-President of the Joni Master hate club)
UKLFC
Dr. Dudette

Postby Thomas » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:51 pm

I saw them the very first time at ESC, and I LOVED the song when tehy performed it, and I wanted them to win.. They won, and I am still a fan of them ;)
Thomas

Postby Beauty of the beast » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:29 am

metalskull wrote:Besides, you can't choose where you hear about a band, can you?

Amen to that! I first saw Lordi on a little clip at the start of an Evanescence video... the shame :P But without that I don't think I'd be the same person I am today.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby comite1040 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:13 am

hi, friends in MB.

i've become their fan since 07.
in japan, unfortunately, LORDi is not popular so much. us the japanese are not good at accepting new style band like LORDi. but i believe LORDi will become popular band in japan like another countries!

i read mr. Amen's interview.
he said "there are many fans who love LORDi ourselves, and people hate us, i say them that you can go your own way"

sorry this interview is in japanese magazine, but he said like that.

i think, we fans go our own way and we don't need thinking about people who dislike LORDi.

and i don't care if old fans (means before ESC) dislike new fans like me.

we can go our own way, right?
i believe fans in MB are "adult" in their mental side.

sorry my poor english, i wish you could understand what i say... :oops:
Last edited by comite1040 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
バカで実にサーセンww
comite1040

Postby Lord of Noise » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:57 am

Hey, comite1040, I get what your saying. The only word in Japanese I know is... er.... moving on... :wink:

I first saw Lordi on ESC, and I almost missed them. My mum called me through "There's this band on Eurovision, you'll want to see them, they're dressed as monsters!". So I almost never saw them. It was Lordi who introduced me to the greatness of rock (all I'd ever really heard before was loads of pop - sorry, hate it - some classical, which is actually alright but gets boring, and a little pop rock, which ain't anything special).

From that one song, I went on to Lordi, W.A.S.P., Alice Cooper, Accept & U.D.O., Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, KISS... probably others, too. ESC changed my life, I guess, coz that lead to me intorducing a few mates to Lordi, and now we're in a band together because of it. So I'm an ESC success story for Lordi.
Lord of Noise

Postby Linus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:34 am

I knew Lordi before ESC, but not so much.

A guy that I know very good through MSN saw them live some years before they won the contest (He thinks they suck... But it's the music style, it doesn't work with him...). He read somewhere that they would represant Finland in ESC and he told me about them, showed me a picture with them... And the link to Devil is a Loser. That was my first contact with Lordi - Though, I didn't think it was any special. What a @#% I was back then, DiaL is my favourite Lordi song today... :D

A week before ESC, I checked the Hard Rock Hallelujah video on Google Video (Before YouTube... Sweet days!) out and I liked it alot. Yaddayadda, they won, yaddayaddayadda, and now I'm here. :wink:

- Linus
Linus

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:00 pm

well i,m a big crazy and obsessed Lordi freak ,,,ehhh fan from the beginning .........But i really
saw a big change here in my country when the won the ESC ..i mean ..everybody was IN TO LORDI :shock: it almost starts to annoy me becouse the people that said to me that i was crazy becouse i like them ...the did that for years :evil: ...suddenley starts to wear t-shirts with Lordi on it ....
but now the hype is slowley dying around here ..and now i can say a lot of people just don,t seem to care about Lordi anymore ...there calling me
freak again and its just not cool anymore to like them ...but there a few people i know
that are still BIG fans of Lordi ....the even went to see them last time they were here in the netherlands ,,,,,,,,,

and just one thing ..........to me everey fan of Lordi is the same ,,,if you are fan before or after the ESC :D
just had to say that :wink: becouse i think were all one big monster family

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby Mara » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:04 pm

A big monster family! Aaw! *monsterhug!* :)
Mara

Postby metalskull » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:06 pm

I have quite a few friends all heard of Lordi after ESC and now Lordi is their Fave band.
metalskull

Postby BulletViper » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:49 am

I guess you could call me one of the fans after ESC...but i didnt hear of them becuase of ESC

i never even heard of ESC until i found Lordi :lol:
mary ^_^
BulletViper

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:37 pm

Well, I'm a fan of 2006, and a proud monstermaniac. The hype maybe has died down a little, but that way we can seperate the people who like a band becasue it's "cool" for a while, and the true fans who stay loyal and love the band their whole life.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby BulletViper » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:17 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Well, I'm a fan of 2006, and a proud monstermaniac. The hype maybe has died down a little, but that way we can seperate the people who like a band becasue it's "cool" for a while, and the true fans who stay loyal and love the band their whole life.

I'm what they call a "Loyal Monstermaniac"
mary ^_^
BulletViper

Postby judge death » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:22 am

KittyCat wrote:I know what you mean.
I think i can call myself an after-ESC fan and i remember that when i signed up here there was alot of new fans hanging around and they discovered Lordi a bit more and got to know them better.
There was also alot of people at my school that talked about how much they liked Lordi but that only lasted for some weeks.

Now today, the after-ESC fans that joined the forum with me are slowly dissapearing. Some still hang here because they still like Lordi a bit and some hang just because they have friends here.

And some are still obsessed :).

I hope you dosen´t mean me.
Iám still obessed of lordi :twisted: !
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Next

Return to General discussion