Monsterboard

Fans After ESC

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Teary » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:51 pm

I became Lordi fan after ESC and I saw loooooooooots of people who said "I'm the biggest fan of Lordi 4ever", but two weeks later they couldn't remember who's Lordi. :roll: I was, I am and I will be big fan of Lordi... Eh... Awa :oops: 8)
Minä rakastan sinua Awa! <3 <3 <3
Teary

Postby metalskull » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:35 pm

What i don't understand is how during the ESC my brother was all like 'wow lordi how cool' now he's all like 'Lordi suck'
metalskull

Postby judge death » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:45 pm

metalskull wrote:What i don't understand is how during the ESC my brother was all like 'wow lordi how cool' now he's all like 'Lordi suck'

Loser to a brother.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby The 13th Nightmare » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:58 pm

I became a fan of Lordi after ESC 2006, but not because they won it and I wanted to jump on the bandwagon. I was unsure of Lordi at first when I heard they won. I liked their costumes, but I was unsure about their music. So I bought the Arockalypse and my love for everything Lordi started from there
Heaven Doesn't Want Me Because I'm Too Evil. And Hell Doesn't Want Me Because They Are Afraid I'll Take Over
My Twitter
The 13th Nightmare

Postby supermonstar13 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:44 pm

Did you know that in a club of Athens there was a night in 2003 or 2004 where it played the famous finnish rock? It was called Suomi Night or something..and it played Lordi :D :D :D
I read about it in www.rocking.gr and read the name Lordi but I didnt really search for it..I wish I had, I would know them back then. But first time I saw them in ESC and ADORED THEM

thnk God there's ESC that open our eyes sometimes. I've loved few bands from ESC..wig wam, the ark and LORDI!!!

bb for now
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby supermonstar13 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:47 pm

metalskull wrote:What i don't understand is how during the ESC my brother was all like 'wow lordi how cool' now he's all like 'Lordi suck'

DAMN my sis liked them a lot in ESC, we were listening to HRH all day-honestly-but now she hates them..just after I bought the Arockalypse! crazy people, yuck :roll:
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby Daughter of beast » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:53 pm

I start to like Lordi a bit after Eurovision song contest.
Don't say that I'm not "diehard"-fan, cause I really like Lordi. And I listen Lordi everyday. (and nothing else. Just Lordi)
Well, you must wonder, that why I didn't like Lordi before? Correct? Oh God, I'm from Finland and I started like Lordi not until Eurovision song contest.
Well, I was 9 when I first hear Lordi. I didn't care (I was just a child!), and I found Lordi since Eurovision. Luckily, I'm so glad about that. My life would be poor without Lordi :wink:
Daughter of beast

Postby Zadek » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Well... I heard 'bout them in March 2007... Good To Be Bad was a soundtrack of fanmade ingame video (Original War is the game, maybe you know it). I damn liked the song, I watched credits, where was written

Soundtrack:
"Lordi - Good To Be Bad"
"Nightwish - The Kinslayer"

So I found out two great bands I'm listening to... I heard in polish media about "satanic band blowing up the ESC", but didn't care... so big fault...

But there is a happy end - Zadek knows Lordi.
Be a Hater, be a Joni Hater!

Magnum Fan.
Image - Rock 'N' Troll!
Image - Beer! Beer!
Zadek

Postby Lisa » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:52 am

Hahahaha, Bulletviper says he'd never heard of ESC until Lordi was on it, same here!!!!! Most folks heard of Lordi because of ESC and I only learned of ESC because of Lordi... I had no idea such a contest ever existed in Europe... not until I saw on CNN that they won!!! Pretty sweet to see them on CNN...
Lisa

Postby Bowie » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:09 am

Lisa wrote:Hahahaha, Bulletviper says he'd never heard of ESC until Lordi was on it, same here!!!!! Most folks heard of Lordi because of ESC and I only learned of ESC because of Lordi... I had no idea such a contest ever existed in Europe... not until I saw on CNN that they won!!! Pretty sweet to see them on CNN...

LOL. :twisted: I knew about the ESC of course, but the whole event is sooo- let's be polite- campy that I couldn't care less, but then LORDI decided to take part in it and the rest is history. :lol:
Someone who's not as polite as I am would say the ESC is eurotrash at its worst/best.
Bowie

Postby Ultimate Warrior » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:10 pm

UKLFC wrote:I'm still happily, completely and utterly obsessed, and I know this is an obsession to keep. I love the music, the style, the short films, the videos, even spending my money on merch is worthwhile, and I'm going to continue doing it

I quite agree with the lady quoted above :wink: . I am a happily obssessed girl, and a happily obssessed girl I shall stay. :D
Sneaking out on a Saturday night... Momma thinks you know wrong from right...
Ultimate Warrior

Postby UKLFC » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 pm

Ultimate Warrior wrote:
UKLFC wrote:I'm still happily, completely and utterly obsessed, and I know this is an obsession to keep. I love the music, the style, the short films, the videos, even spending my money on merch is worthwhile, and I'm going to continue doing it

I quite agree with the lady quoted above :wink: . I am a happily obssessed girl, and a happily obssessed girl I shall stay. :D

If you didn't agree I might have beaten you senseless. This coming from the woman who inscribed the mask logo onto the inside of her floder, one of her notebooks and put Lordi stickers on her folder
Be a hater, be a Joni hater(Co-President of the Joni Master hate club)
UKLFC
Dr. Dudette

Re: Fans After ESC

Postby atticatje » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:35 pm

MissKilljoy wrote:It's been more than one year and do you think that Lordi actually now has lost many of the fans they got after ESC? I think so.

Well, you are right (for me personally you are 50% right)... :?
i am still a fan, i will NEVER say "lordi sucks" though after being so obsessd with them it was time for a break. Though, i can't get totally 'away' of lordi, they mean for me too much. I think that is maybe for a lot fans too? they maybe don't join the forum and so anymore but i can't believe that every ("real") fan is them totally forgotten!!!
atticatje

Postby _KALI_ » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:13 am

I guess I can call myself an after-ESC fan...I only got to know Lordi thanks to ESC.

Yeah, after ESC there were lots of new fans. But now it's been more than one year and I think some of those people just don't care about Lordi anymore...But of course Lordi got lots of new "true-fans" too (like me, for example :lol: ) :wink:
_KALI_

Postby Angel Of Death » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:14 am

I became a big fan from Lordi when I saw them at Swung Festival in Belgium, I allready liked them but when I saw them on stage, I was impressed :D
Angel Of Death

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:55 am

ooo thats cool ...i was there too ..at the Schwung festival ......yeah the
were really impressive ,,,,i can understand why youre calling yourself a fan now ,,, :D :D :D
that show was incredible

oo and my little cousin ..is now also A VERY BIG FAN OF LORDI .now..........
and she,s crazy in love with Ox .....thats so sweet ..i just had to say that
so next time i will take here to her first LORDI concert :P

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby Ultimate Warrior » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:58 pm

UKLFC wrote:
Ultimate Warrior wrote:

If you didn't agree I might have beaten you senseless. This coming from the woman who inscribed the mask logo onto the inside of her floder, one of her notebooks and put Lordi stickers on her folder

So what if I did? Oh wait are you referring to yourself there? :P
Sneaking out on a Saturday night... Momma thinks you know wrong from right...
Ultimate Warrior

Postby UKLFC » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:21 pm

I was referring to myself.
UKLFC
Dr. Dudette

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:38 pm

Where did you get Lordi stickers from and how can i get some?!

Yup, im just another post-ESC mad english fan girl
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Because you can't spell Necromancer without Romance
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby UKLFC » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:41 pm

Mimm, I'll see what I've got spare in my collection. Wings of Fire is already promised some, and now I guess you are.....

All I need is money and addresses and I'll send them.
UKLFC
Dr. Dudette

Postby Romana » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:23 pm

Someone who's not as polite as I am would say the ESC is eurotrash at its worst/best.

Nah, someone who's not as clever (and who actually knows nothing about ESC) as you would say that.

I knew em just a few months before ESC. My dad has a place in Finland and he discovered them when he was out there. He thought we'd be interested. Plus he likes ESC.
Tabitha. Μαιρημου. <333
Romana

Postby judge death » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:28 pm

Teary wrote:I became Lordi fan after ESC and I saw loooooooooots of people who said "I'm the biggest fan of Lordi 4ever", but two weeks later they couldn't remember who's Lordi. :roll: I was, I am and I will be big fan of Lordi... Eh... Awa :oops: 8)

and were are you now? :roll: ......
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Previous

Return to General discussion