Monsterboard

What is Amens Best Guitar Work?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: ...

Postby Hemitys » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Kada2110 wrote:Amen is a really good guitarist. His guitar playing is very VERY easy. I can play each Lordi song, and Ive been playing guitar for only five months. The stuff that he does is amazing. Making great stuff by doing something easy is great! Amen is far from the best guitarist in the world, but he is great! I like not the nicest guy and bringing back the balls to rock the most.

I agree, though when you have a simple guitar part it doesn't automatically mean it's easy to play. For example some licks from AC/DC may seem really simple and easy, but the trick is to get the right touch, sound and sweat to your playing. YouTube is full of stuff which prove this: beginners play by the tablatures and think they've got it, but though they hit the right notes, it still doesn't sound the same.

I'm not saying you can't play them right since I haven't heard you playing, but it's still pretty common.

Still, Amen's stuff is pretty interesting. Pretty simple but there are also some unique licks and little pieces which thrill me. Though his guitar sound on live shows has been pretty awful many times.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby grims » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:13 pm

You can't compare Amen and Angus Young :?
And I agree about feel.
grims

Amens best work

Postby Rnbdesigners » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:34 am

Well Amen plays the guitar the main instrument for Rock and if youre a huge Lordi fan and you like all the songs like me then all his work is his best Lordi just rules forever
Rnbdesigners

Postby Beauty of the beast » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:46 am

I Agree with Hemitys, I can play alot of Lordi songs and even thought they do appear easy it's still up to the guitarist to create the mood from their instrument. For instance out of all the Lordi songs I believe only WYLAM, DIAL and Bringing Back the Balls to Rock are the ones I can play and feel like I've done a good job of them because I've played them hundreds of times now, creating my own sound from them.

That sounded a bit pretentious...

I do love the Lordi guitar tracks that have a "jump" or "bite" to them, even without a killer solo some songs are amasing, look at DIAL, the solo is simple but fun as hell.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Previous

Return to General discussion