Monsterboard

Any of you guys should try out for louder music?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Any of you guys should try out for louder music?

Postby metalskull » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:13 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love their style.....But I think it would be cool if they did something a bit louder.....maybe black metal......You guys are probably gonna kill me....pls dont......its just a suggestion
metalskull

Postby Mara » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:26 pm

No, no, no! I love the style Lordi have now! That's why I love the music, the songs and... everything about them. I don't like music which is just noise and screaming... but, hehe, black metal isn't that loud, is it? Bah, I'm stupid, but you get the point.

And relax, I'm not going to kill you... :twisted:
Mara

Postby S92 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Black metal?! No way! Lordi have clearly stated they're not a Satanic band.

If Lordi turn death metal I won't buy the new album, I really can't stand it.

Not like they will anyway :D.

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby metalskull » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:27 pm

S92, black metal isnt nesscesarily satanic :wink:
metalskull

Postby S92 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:35 pm

Isn't black metal just like a Satanic version of death metal? If you look up black metal, a lot of the bands are Satanic, and it shows you pictures of people burning churches.

Why do we have to have so many different genre's?!

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby Linus » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:03 pm

metalskull, you are not so stupid as I first thought. I actually agree with you to 90% - They should play heavier, but maybe not black metal (Though, I just dig it. Dimmu Borgir is cool!). They have played pop rock, classic rock, classic metal, rock ballads - Why not modern heavy metal? It would be awesome - And I think they would succes, since Mr. Lordi's voice works for so many styles.

- Linus
Linus

Postby Askon » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:23 pm

No way!!!! :evil: I like their style and I don't like black, death or satanic metall!!!! Agree with S92 - if Lordi play black, death metall I won't listen their new songs!!!! Very hard music doesn't mean very good music!!!! :wink:
~Proud member of the DWPH~
Askon

Postby psyanide » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:28 pm

To quote AVGN: That would suck some serious b***s... I myself wouldn't be interested in Lordi anymore that's for sure.
psyanide
Site Admin

Postby Linus » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:36 pm

I see truth in your words, psy'.

The reason why I dig Lordi - Even if they are a little bit silly - Is their good melodies. When I have a boring time and I don't really feel like headbanging to Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, Dimmu Borgir or whatever, I just pick up The Arockalypse and enjoys their soft rock. As someone above wrote, the heavyness doesn't make a band good or bad. Maybe Lordi would completely suck rubber *beep* if they went really heavy - I do not really think they would enjoy playing hard actually, since their main influence (Read: KISS) are just not like that. Lordi is a KISS tribute band, and I suppose they should do what they love.

- Linus
Linus

Postby Isa » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:39 pm

BBTBTR is enought heavy for Lordi :lol:

I love music who are more heavy but I don't see that specially with Lordi, I mean their style is good like he is for moment don't see any reason to change
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:49 pm

i don,t think the have to change their sound ..i mean ..there perfectly
fine the way they are ....if i want to hear some ( heavier ) music i just
pick one of my albums from Dimmu Borgir or something like that ..
..Lordi is just perfect ...so way change something that,s good //
but thats onley my opinion :wink:

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby PenguinDude » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:11 pm

I think Lordi has found a place where they are comfortable both playing their instruments while wearing bigass costumes and enjoying it.
They seem to really love the music they play, and they have such an energetic stage show that I'd worry that if they tried to make their music too complex (as heavier metal often is) it would sacrifice quality.

And i LIKE heavier metal, I just like Lordi better ;)
PenguinDude

Postby grims » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:43 pm

LOL!
Lordi is not soft rock!If AFI is caracterised as Hard rock....
grims

Postby _eesti999_ » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:54 pm

I'm really interested of Lordi music. Because Lordi can be very different from others band. And you can search a lot and you can't find band like Lordi. And louder music to Lordi-? No way :evil: I don't like emo bands.
_eesti999_

Postby Linus » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:58 pm

_eesti999_ wrote:I'm really interested of Lordi music. Because Lordi can be very different from others band. And you can search a lot and you can't find band like Lordi. And louder music to Lordi-? No way :evil: I don't like emo bands.

How can you call this band EMO? :wink:

- Linus
Linus

Postby grims » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:00 pm

I think Arockalypse is heavyer then past two albums...
But Lordi is cool like this,but I think that they should avoid keyboard riffs :wink:
grims

Postby Dezalene » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:03 pm

There's a saying in America (that I'm sure was swiped from some other country yet we took credit for) that goes something like, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."

Same goes for Lordi. They're about sounding more like the traditional 80's metal sort of band. They can sway from time to time to a heavier song (In my opinion, Blood Red Sandman and BBTBTR are certainly much harder than songs like Children of the Night and Mr. Killjoy, just to name some examples.) but to completely switch genres may not be the right thing for them. Granted, they could pull it off, but I know quite a few bands that has tried and failed miserably.

grims wrote:LOL!
Lordi is not soft rock!If AFI is caracterised as Hard rock....

No, No, and HELL NO! Are you trying to make me vomit? Alternative Rock, I can believe. But trust me, after being subject to "Girl's Not Gray" at least twice a week, I can tell you that it's NOT hard at all.

Edit: Oh and Black Metal does NOT equal Emo. Most of the time, at least.
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby _eesti999_ » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:07 pm

Linus wrote:
_eesti999_ wrote:I'm really interested of Lordi music. Because Lordi can be very different from others band. And you can search a lot and you can't find band like Lordi. And louder music to Lordi-? No way :evil: I don't like emo bands.

How can you call this band EMO? :wink:

- Linus

Emo reminds me death and black metal. And all members in band have been dressed in balck and they are enveloped with lot's of stuff (chains, rivet, latex :shock: , and with others widgets).
_eesti999_

Postby grims » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:08 pm

Again!
Lordi should stay like it is...
We don't want Lordi to Finnish like Metallica :?
grims

Postby comite1040 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:22 pm

ah, so interesting topic.
thanx for making this one, dear.

i don't know musicians so much, but yeah, i think Lordi's sounds are not heavy. it's easy to liesten for me 'coz their music style is tender than heavy, i think.
argh...but sorry, i think that their songs are flat about development. of course i like such a style, but i think their music style doesn't suit over 4 minutes length song.

if they want to make a song which has more length, i think they should modify their way a little, but they don't want it, they will never change their music style. such decisions are left in their own hands and we can choose the products which they propose.

i don't want that they flatter us users and change their way.
i want that they will make many music freely, as they like.
Last edited by comite1040 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
バカで実にサーセンww
comite1040

Postby grims » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:24 pm

comite1040 wrote:ah, so interesting topic.
thanx for making this one, dear.

i don't know musicians so much, but yeah, i think Lordi's sounds are not heavy. it's easy to liesten for me 'coz their music style is tender than heavy, i think.
argh...but sorry, i think that their songs are flat about development. of course i like such a style, but i think their music style doesn't suit over 4 minutes length song.

if they want to make a song which has more length, i think they should modify their way a little, but they don't want it, they will never change their music style.

i don't want that they flatter us users and change their way.
i want that they will make many music freely, as they like.

Oh!Thanks for saying it,dear friend!
grims

Postby metalskull » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:25 pm

Lordi have already proven that they can pull it off-

Inferno is an industrial song, and it's amazing :D
metalskull

Postby Linus » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:45 pm

metalskull wrote:Lordi have already proven that they can pull it off-

Inferno is an industrial song, and it's amazing :D

Yeah, I agree. They should go back to their old sound on the next album (Or some album in the future) - I would love it so hard. :lol:

- Linus
Linus

Postby S92 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:45 pm

It really wouldn't suit them at all. The thing that makes Lordi unique is that they dress as monsters and play catchy, slightly poppy (more for Get Heavy) rock songs, that have anthemic choruses.

And if Kita was to play drums like ultra-fast double bass stuff, he would pass out. He already passed out at one of the Ozzfest gigs, we don't want it happening almost every show.

So no, please don't 'sell out' :D.

*900th Post* :D

S92
Last edited by S92 on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby Anthalerero » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:09 pm

psyanide wrote:To quote AVGN: That would suck some serious b***s... I myself wouldn't be interested in Lordi anymore that's for sure.

100% agree - tha'ts all i can say!
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Next

Return to General discussion