Monsterboard

Can we Lordi eurovision fans call ourself for Lordi fans?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Can we Lordi eurovision fans call ourself for Lordi fans?

Postby judge death » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 am

soon it will have passed two years since i discovered lordi and some people said that people like me wouldn´t be here so long.
I know that a lot of people from eurovision has left the forum beacuse they weren´t lordi fans but those who are left, can those now start calling themself for Lordi fans?

soon lordi will be as big as kiss and Lordi himself a legend as Gene simons.

So can i call myself for a real lordi fan now? and others like me?
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:56 am

ofcourse you can call yourself a Lordi fan ,,,and to me there,s really no difference if someone it a fan before ,or after the whole Eurovision thing ..
to me were all the same ..Its all about sharing the same feeling ..
I mean i now a lot of people that were saying they were a Lordi fan ...but that was onley to be cool ...And no there gone ,,just making fun about the band and saying you can,t be taking the music all to seriues ...those people were no real fans of Lordi ...
And i can remember something you wrote sometime ago :roll: .....and to me those kind of words ...are just the words from a real fan ...
couse they came from the heart :wink:

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby judge death » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:51 am

LIVING DEAD DOLLIE wrote:ofcourse you can call yourself a Lordi fan ,,,and to me there,s really no difference if someone it a fan before ,or after the whole Eurovision thing ..
to me were all the same ..Its all about sharing the same feeling ..
I mean i now a lot of people that were saying they were a Lordi fan ...but that was onley to be cool ...And no there gone ,,just making fun about the band and saying you can,t be taking the music all to seriues ...those people were no real fans of Lordi ...
And i can remember something you wrote sometime ago :roll: .....and to me those kind of words ...are just the words from a real fan ...
couse they came from the heart :wink:

so does i write to little in my fanfic or? i will write when iám motivated, but not now maybe on saturday.
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Linus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:55 am

Klart som katten att du kan kalla dig ett Lordi-fan, min bäste herre. :D

Oh well...

I knew Lordi three-four months before the Eurovision actually, but I was far from a fan then. Back in the day, I thought that they were some kind of goofy Lord of the Rings clowns with absolutly no talent...

That changed when Eurovision came... :twisted:

- Linus
Linus

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:03 pm

.......no i don,t think you write too little in your fanfic section ..
.couse you onley have to write when your motivated .....I mean i do that too .... :wink:
.( i,m still writing in that damn book )

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:47 pm

first time i ever heard lordi was esc. I'm a fan. why do you ask?
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Because you can't spell Necromancer without Romance
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Jenette » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:04 pm

Hehe, I discovered Lordi after Eurovision, but definetely not because of it. In 2006 Eurovision was not broadcasted in Czech TV and nobody really cared 'bout it. I must thank to my friend - we had a party-in-two in my flat and got drunk and discussed Finnish bands :) I remember I was trying to sing like Tarja Turunen from Nightwish (then) :twisted: And afterwards he lent me some Lordi CD (I think it was Arockalypse).
So you see, you "Eurovision fans" are longer fans than me and still I think it doesn't matter and nobody cares... Am I right?
Oh Lord, what fools these mortals be...
Jenette

Postby Joni Master » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:37 pm

Yeah, no matter if You founded Lordi @ Eurovision, importantest thing is that You finally founded world best fucking band ever. But only bad things is that You miss all things @ 02-06 years.
Example all fan stuff on that years, yes You can buy singles and albums, but everything else.
I never example liked KISS, but it doesent matter, because I think its too late to like KISS.
Last edited by Joni Master on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Joni Master

Postby atrak » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Of course you are Lordi fan now.....like me! :wink:
There's no matter if you are after Eurovision or before.If like Lordi for real and don't making fan with them then you are a real fan. :wink:
atrak

Postby Jenette » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:45 pm

Joni Master wrote:But only bad things is that You miss all things @ 02-06 years.
Example all fan stuff on that years, yes You can buy singles and albums, but everything else.

Yeah, that's a pity - but on the other hand, we can trace the "history" backwards and that's also fun :)
Oh Lord, what fools these mortals be...
Jenette

Postby psyanide » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:52 pm

With all due respect Mr. Master, if that's the best you can do, please, stay on the Finnish side of the board. I think I understand what you are trying to say, but my eyes and ears are bleeding as I'm trying to figure it out reading your text.

Just stick to the language you know, and do not skip any more of your English lessons.
psyanide
Site Admin

Postby judge death » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:02 pm

I really love lordi :D (even kiss falls in comparison) I can´t describe how much i love them but they are the best! :twisted:
judge death

Postby comite1040 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:05 pm

:D i've known Lordi for 7 months and i have not known ESC still i descovered Lordi.
i can't realize why i liked them, but there are no answer to make me understand the reason, maybe.

i like their music, costume, performance, and personality...yeah, i love all components of Lordi.

so, like what mr. Joni said, i sorrow about missing their former era, (Ow<)<but today, i can seek their past performances using many tool...like You Tube.

maybe, it seems that i'm not an eager Lordi fan, but the most important thing for me is "I Love Them". but in this forum, all MB members like them, right?
バカで実にサーセンww
comite1040

Postby judge death » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:35 pm

comite1040 wrote::D i've known Lordi for 7 months and i have not known ESC still i descovered Lordi.
i can't realize why i liked them, but there are no answer to make me understand the reason, maybe.

i like their music, costume, performance, and personality...yeah, i love all components of Lordi.

so, like what mr. Joni said, i sorrow about missing their former era, (Ow<)<but today, i can seek their past performances using many tool...like You Tube.

maybe, it seems that i'm not an eager Lordi fan, but the most important thing for me is "I Love Them". but in this forum, all MB members like them, right?

Yes, i think most people here love Lordi. And you´re skills in english is impressive, it must have been really hard to learn english.
judge death

Postby Linus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:42 pm

Joni Master wrote:Yeah, no matter if You founded Lordi @ Eurovision, importantest thing is that You finally founded world best fucking band ever. But only bad things is that You miss all things @ 02-06 years.
I never example liked KISS, but it doesent matter, because I think its too late to like KISS.

psyanide wrote:With all due respect Mr. Master, if that's the best you can do, please, stay on the Finnish side of the board. I think I understand what you are trying to say, but my eyes and ears are bleeding as I'm trying to figure it out reading your text.

Just stick to the language you know, and do not skip any more of your English lessons.

Moderator Dudelidude, I am sorry that I have to say this, but s--t up. You are the one who is stupid here. If you can't understand what Joni is saying, go and get reading glasses or a new brain. I know that I am going heavily Off-topic, but I am just so damn offended by your message. WHO CARES if Joni doesn't write 100% correct? He is actually MUCH better than the Robocop Tribute lovers that lurks around here. Those who I speak off comes from the US and the UK - They just know English, and they think they are Mega Über superior than us who doesn't have it as native language. If we say wrong, we are the one that is stupid and don't have any kind of language skills. If they EVEN TRIED to read a foreign language, they would NEVER be great at it - Specially if it was a Scandinavian Language. So Joni is actually MUCH better than they will EVER become.

Many people here doesn't know me and my hobbies, but I can tell you one thing with pride in my burning metal eyes - I am into languages and language history pretty much. I have studied Finnish a bit (Will learn it more later on, together with Estonian, perhaps?), and I SURELY see why so many Finns doesn't have so mega perfect skills in it. It's just so freaking different if you compare it to English or any other Indo-European language. If you are reading English as being a Finn, you must study hard or just be born with a passion for foreign languages within your soul. Apparently, Joni doesn't have that passion, but he still tries his best.

AND FOR GOD'S HOLY HAMBURGER SAKE CAKE! If you think that this guy mega-suck at English, why are you trying to make him even more suckier? If he never read it (On the net, for instance), he will NEVER get better - As I can see in your message, that is exactly what you want. Even if he will never get a perfect language, HE IS UNDERSTANDABLE. That is the most basic thing with languages, and apparantly, you don't know that. I have actually been there myself, when we speak about me and my relation to French. I was simply HORRIBLE with the grammar - French verbs, verbs, verbs, not my taste in language herbs - BUT, I could make myself understandable when I was chatting to some nice French fries I had on my old MSN. It wouldn't suprise me at all if they laughed at my goofy attempts to write some sentences, but they could at least understand what I wrote.

Please, dudelidude, don't be offended, but I want you to say sorry to Joni. That was a really harsch post, and an utterly cool guy like Mr. Master doesn't deserve that kind of stuff... Specially when it comes from an administrator on a OFFICIAL band forum. I thought you was cool, dude. But I suppose I was incorrect in this case... Prove me wrong, if you like.

And please - If I was TOO harsch to you here, I apologize greatly with a loud voice together with some dramatic music. I hate to be a whiny bitch, but when something like this happens... I am like that.

- Linus
Linus

Postby psyanide » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:08 pm

Just because I'm the admin doesn't mean I can't write here something I think about different things. And the one time I do, some dude with the majority of his own posts being total waste tells me what I should or shouldn't do. And unlike you, I never told anyone to shut up. Until now.

And as a side note, in this matter I had nothing against Joni Master. Just his unreadable text. So if you're gonna write on the English board, you just should try a little harder. Otherwise, just use the language you know the best. In this case Finnish.
Last edited by psyanide on Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psyanide
Site Admin

Postby grims » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:09 pm

Linus wrote:
Joni Master wrote:Yeah, no matter if You founded Lordi @ Eurovision, importantest thing is that You finally founded world best fucking band ever. But only bad things is that You miss all things @ 02-06 years.

psyanide wrote:With all due respect Mr. Master, if that's the best you can do, please, stay on the Finnish side of the board. I think I understand what you are trying to say, but my eyes and ears are bleeding as I'm trying to figure it out reading your text.

Moderator Dudelidude, I am sorry that I have to say this, but s--t up. You are the one who is stupid here. If you can't understand what Joni is saying, go and get reading glasses or a new brain. I know that I am going heavily Off-topic, but I am just so damn offended by your message. WHO CARES if Joni doesn't write 100% correct? He is actually MUCH better than the Robocop Tribute lovers that lurks around here. Those who I speak off comes from the US and the UK - They just know English, and they think they are Mega Über superior than us who doesn't have it as native language. If we say wrong, we are the one that is stupid and don't have any kind of language skills. If they EVEN TRIED to read a foreign language, they would NEVER be great at it - Specially if it was a Scandinavian Language. So Joni is actually MUCH better than they will EVER become.

Many people here doesn't know me and my hobbies, but I can tell you one thing with pride in my burning metal eyes - I am into languages and language history pretty much. I have studied Finnish a bit (Will learn it more later on, together with Estonian, perhaps?), and I SURELY see why so many Finns doesn't have so mega perfect skills in it. It's just so freaking different if you compare it to English or any other Indo-European language. If you are reading English as being a Finn, you must study hard or just be born with a passion for foreign languages within your soul. Apparently, Joni doesn't have that passion, but he still tries his best.

AND FOR GOD'S HOLY HAMBURGER SAKE CAKE! If you think that this guy mega-suck at English, why are you trying to make him even more suckier? If he never read it (On the net, for instance), he will NEVER get better - As I can see in your message, that is exactly what you want. Even if he will never get a perfect language, HE IS UNDERSTANDABLE. That is the most basic thing with languages, and apparantly, you don't know that. I have actually been there myself, when we speak about me and my relation to French. I was simply HORRIBLE with the grammar - French verbs, verbs, verbs, not my taste in language herbs - BUT, I could make myself understandable when I was chatting to some nice French fries I had on my old MSN. It wouldn't suprise me at all if they laughed at my goofy attempts to write some sentences, but they could at least understand what I wrote.

Please, dudelidude, don't be offended, but I want you to say sorry to Joni. That was a really harsch post, and an utterly cool guy like Mr. Master doesn't deserve that kind of stuff... Specially when it comes from an administrator on a OFFICIAL band forum. I thought you was cool, dude. But I suppose I was incorrect in this case... Prove me wrong, if you like.

And please - If I was TOO harsch to you here, I apologize greatly with a loud voice together with some dramatic music. I hate to be a whiny bitch, but when something like this happens... I am like that.

- Linus

Dude,Sly will bann you...
Anyway I agree with Linus on this one.
I watched Apocalyptica video,and that guy said something like:
,,These ones from the bands Metllica''.
Take Mr.Lordi and Kita for example,their accents rock,they sound like they are from America,note,Lordi and the crew are superb...
Tough Joni's gramatic sucks,I think everyone normal can read what he said,Psyanide,and don't spam,you could have warned Joni over PM...
Yes,I am on Joni's side now.What can I say?GO JONI...
Psyanide,Mr Moderator dude,do not delete this post,do not delete Linus's posts,because we are not living in Apsolutistic empire...
grims

Postby metalskull » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:24 pm

At the moment I write this post, I am listening to Crushed Dreams by tristania.....

I owe the very fact that I am listening to this song, and every single song I listen to to lordi. Why? Because if they had never won the eurovision, I would never have gradually started to like rock and metal. Which means that by now I would be listening to Gimme More by Britney spears. Eeew. So yes, I owe a lot to Lordi. i'm a fan. The Eurovison was only their springboard- that is, what helped them get more famous. there are a number of fans from the eurovision, and a number of fans from before that, and even a number who head of them afterwards. (ozzfest, for example). I've said it before and Ill say it again, you can't bloody choose from where you hear about a band.
metalskull

Postby grims » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Well I grew up loving Metal and rock...
I must say,Lordi is my favorite band,I mostly listen to them all the time.
And what happend with Lordi,I started listening to KISS...
grims

Postby Daughter of beast » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:43 pm

Of course if you love Lordi and their music <3
Daughter of beast

Postby Linus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:51 pm

psyanide wrote:Just because I'm the admin doesn't mean I can't write here something I think about different things. And the one time I do, some dude with the majority of his own posts being total waste tells me what I should or shouldn't do. And unlike you, I never told anyone to shut up. Until now.

And as a side note, in this matter I had nothing against Joni Master. Just his unreadable text. So if you're gonna write on the English board, you just should try a little harder. Otherwise, just use the language you know the best. In this case Finnish.

You put it in a very unrespectful way. You could have written ''Joni, can't you try a little bit with your english? It's fairly understandable, but it would be good if you could try more. :)''. Then I would have been happy and I wouldn't have achieved another ''hate-the-MB-staff''-point. Anyways, let's go on-topic. psyanide, if you want to continue this discussion with me, feel free to write a Private Message to me.

And - My posts aren't useless. Unlike 90% of the forum, I always try to have a good conversation - Note that I have never written ''OMG THX FOR TAHT ÜBER KEWL OX/Lordi/Amen/Awa/Kita/Magnum/Kalma/G-Stealer/Enary PIKK!!!! :wink:''... Or do you count them as valuable?

You are surely a strange guy, in my eyes.

- Linus
Linus

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:05 pm

THIS IS NOT ON TOPIC!!!
NO ONE CARES ABOUT LINUS' NEED TO DEFEND JONI THE BRILLIANT

back on topic...

I dont see why fans from eurovision (ie me) count any less than fans from before hand. I mean, i'm sure if id heard about lordi in some other way, i'd have loved them just as much. I hate how people put in this superiority idea, like older fans are better or whatever, not saying that anyone on here does that. Fans are all equal, as long as they're true fans
}=~M~I~M~M~={
Ade Due Demballa.
Because you can't spell Necromancer without Romance
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Fallen One » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:18 pm

Joni Master wrote:I never example liked KISS, but it doesent matter, because I think its too late to like KISS.

Joni, what I feel when I read that line of text is that you're not a fan of KISS because they're no hype anymore. Lordi's become the new "hype" and (granted) you've been with it from the start, so you're going to ride this out either way.

But that doesn't really seem right, it's not because a band isn't a hype anymore that it doesn't matter that you don't like 'm, gheh...
You don't like a band because they're no hype anymore, you don't like a band for the music they make or what they stand for.

At least that's my opinion :)

Fallen One.
Mr. Killjoy
And I don't care if you don't like me...
Fallen One
Ex-Admin

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm

Hell, I'm a Eurovision fan and I stil love Lordi. Their still my fav band. I've held on to them for a long time, and still am. so yes, i daresay I consider myself a fan. I've done my homework.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby supermonstar13 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:41 am

Well I had the first lordi-touch a bit after ESC, even though I had heard the name before..and stuck. And I'm a member of the forum until now, almost a year only though, and I'll be as long as I can before psyanide bans me!...

Hey psy, that was a joke. no need to ban me before I celebrate a year here, right? :roll: :)
T+A
supermonstar13

Next

Return to General discussion