Monsterboard

Can we Lordi eurovision fans call ourself for Lordi fans?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby McQuade » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:09 am

"Can we Lordi eurovision fans call ourself for Lordi fans?"

Of course! Why even ask such a question, it really doesn't matter where you heard of a band the first time, if you consider yourself a fan, then you are a fan.
So much has happened to Lordi after Eurovision, they have sold gold in Sweden and Germany, they have had a succesfull european tour, they had their album released in the states, they played on the mainstage of ozzfest and they have a real horror movie in the works. No doubt they would have done it all without Eurovision, but because of their victory in ESC they have been able to do it all in such a short matter of time. And that is the whole reason they went there for the first time, to get publicity and some new fans, and they have done just that.

I started listening to Lordi in 2002 when I got Get Heavy for Cristmas, I remember listening it in the kitchen on my portable cd-player all night and really digging it. I guess I sort of forgot about Lordi after that, of course I listened Get Heavy after that, but Monsterican Dream went past me, Then in 2006 I was watching TV when Lordi was there competing to become the Finnish entry on Eurovision, I remember thinking what ever happened to them, and there they were, they didn't look quite the same but it was Lordi after all, After Eurovision I was so stoked that they won, I bought Arockalypse and Monsterican dream short after and one day I found this forum while browsing Lordi related stuff on the internet.

I wouldn't call myself a "Lordi eurovision fan" because I didn't start to like them because they won, it was more of a reminder and a blast to the past "Oh yeah Lordi" But I don't care about things like that, the most important thing is that I am a fan at all.
McQuade

Postby Pkshields » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:59 am

Well I'm a Lordi fan, and I found out about them on the Eurovision Song Contest, but that doesn;t make us any less fans than the next fan. If we didn't find out about them, at the ESC then we would have found them elsewhere, or somehow, it just so happened that it was watching the ESC...
Pkshields

Postby Monster-Girl » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:14 am

looks like some people think that we r not good enough...

apparently i should have been listening (from the day i was born) all kinda historical music related to Lordi and metal, and rock, and all kinda sub genres, just to join the board....

but they have no idea bout how my life has been, and they have no idea that i didnt have running water for some time during the war...

but according to them, i should have listened to music at the time my people were dying....

fckng hell.... :? :?
Due to the current financial crisis facing the world at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off to save on electricity costs, until further notice.

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby Beauty of the beast » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:18 am

psyanide wrote:And as a side note, in this matter I had nothing against Joni Master. Just his unreadable text. So if you're gonna write on the English board, you just should try a little harder. Otherwise, just use the language you know the best. In this case Finnish.

There's even more English speaking people who can't type for shit. Believe me I know, I've talked to people from all over the world online who use better English than most real English people.

On topic I believe anyone can be a fan, just support a band and buy their albums, You may not have been here at the dawn of time but you may do more for Lordi than some people who have heard of Lordi years ago.

In the end regardless of a persons "fandom" as long as they like and support a band then surely they are a fan from day 1.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Ida » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:40 am

well, I can just say - As long as you're still here, you can call yourself a fan. I mean, if you are that guy that buys their CD's and stuff, then you're a fan. those other... Fjortis-fans? (can I say so?) usually not cares so much about getting the CD and stuff...
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Monster-Girl » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:41 pm

yeah, i meant to say, if im still here after almost 2 years (and i got here around eurovision) then they must mean something to me....

if im looking forward to hear their new stuff... im probably not the biggest, but i sure am a fan...
Due to the current financial crisis facing the world at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off to save on electricity costs, until further notice.

Sincerely yours,

God
Monster-Girl

Postby judge death » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:46 pm

It´s seems that those people from 2 years ago has changed their toughts. :)
Last edited by judge death on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby mikroprose » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:11 pm

although i knew Lordi before eurovision and i had an album i became bigger fan since then. any person who likes Lordi's music can be a fan. some fans are completely crazy about them and some others not. the important is that you actually became a fan and not the way you became a fan. :wink:
mikroprose

Postby grims » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:59 am

I have been listening to metal since I was born.
My dad is a metal maniac,so he got me into it...
But I was listening mostly to Metallica type groups :)
grims

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:25 am

It's not the matter of how long you've known a band, just as long as you're not one of those who "jumps on the band wagon" ... It pissed me off when people would say "Oh I liked "band name" but they have become too mainstream for me" as if they think being so different makes them cooler.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby judge death » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:01 pm

Beauty of the beast wrote:It's not the matter of how long you've known a band, just as long as you're not one of those who "jumps on the band wagon" ... It pissed me off when people would say "Oh I liked "band name" but they have become too mainstream for me" as if they think being so different makes them cooler.

looks on the memberlist and joining date....almost 90% of all who joined lordi in may 2006 is now gone from the forum, only the real fans is left from that time.
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby The 13th Nightmare » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:53 pm

I'm not afraid to admit that I became a fan of Lordi after Eurovision. I first heard about them maybe a week before it, and I was interested about them. But I forgot to watch Eurovision so I never got to see them win it. I bought one of their CD's a week after Eurovision, and I was impressed with what I heard.
Nearly a Year and a Half after their historic win, I'm still proud to call myself a fan of Lordi.
Heaven Doesn't Want Me Because I'm Too Evil. And Hell Doesn't Want Me Because They Are Afraid I'll Take Over
My Twitter
The 13th Nightmare

Postby Thomas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:58 pm

I had no idea about Lordi before ESC.. After they won I became a fan, not because they won, but because I liked it ;D So yes, if you really like their music, you are a lordi fan :P
Thomas

Postby Dark Lady Crow » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:01 am

Ok, It easy to jump on people, say shut up and they are bad at thing, langue etc..

But where in h-ll did love go?

It is that not what our monsters Lordi whants, Happyness to everbody, They should be so unhappy to see Lordi fans fight over stupid little things on a Lordi Forum.

Why not simply say, Better luck next time?

But I must say thired of all fighting here on MB.

Can we not talk like normal person and respekt everybodys way of thinking?

Also not things are like to mutch negative. I not saying:
We don´t have to take everything.
But are you must say something, take it private then...

Is that hard to do?
Well, maybe it´s time to start think is this right for me?

I comes to this forum to share Lordi things. Good and bad toos, not fight.

I hope this gives some light in the dark...

I think everbody can call him/her a Real Lordi fans from thart day they knows in there heart they rely like Lordi...

Well, it is not how long you have listen to them or many tings you got.
It only thing matters is that you are happy Lordi fans and proud one!

I am that /Dark Lady Crow
" Born from blood, In pain...
To this one cold crule world...
Die from blood, In pain...
Return to this one cold crule world... "

- I take real dark love, Then not love at all... -
Dark Lady Crow

Location: Darkshadowland; most speaking lanuge:Orkish, My location: South. But my family lives in north.

Postby judge death » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:51 am

Yes! 100% right there. All fans from after the eurovision can call themself for lordi fans! :D

I let the moderators decide if this thread shall be locked or just let it be opened.
Last edited by judge death on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
judge death

Postby Ayra-Raven » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:38 am

I agree too!!
The biggest treasure is to love and to be loved...
Ayra-Raven

Location: In the melody of shout and silence... / Poland, F16

Postby Lamlam » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:20 pm

I don't think there's any reason to question whether you're a fan or not. If you like 'em, then that's ok. I do however believe the ESC fans are very different from the pre-ESC fans. There was scarce a member who liked bands like MCR, or any forms of pop music. Without sounding offensive, the general membership was also more, er, intelligent isn't quite the word, but you get what I mean.

On the psyanide/Joni argument. While I do not particularly like psyanide, I believe he is right on this occasion. I found it difficult to understand Joni's post, and there was no need for it here in the English forum if he can speak better Finnish. Surely we have regional-forums to avoid this? You don't see me on the German forum, even though I can speak quite a bit.
Lamlam

Postby Thomas » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:54 am

People who disscovered Lordi through ESC is just as the old fans.. If they REALLY like their music, they are fans.. And not as many as the Tokio Hotel "fans" who loves them just because they are "in".. Lordi was not THAT famous before ESC, so many of us discovered them by ESC..

Did I misunderstood you Lamlam, or was you saying that ESC fans is different than the "old" fans? Cause I don't tink so ;)
Thomas

Postby Isa » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:40 am

You don't must see fans like old (before ESC), ESC and new (the recent who discover the band in their american tour for example)

In fact the difference between the fan it's more than that 'cause every fan is different

I don't like when we take a group and put them a image on all just because some are so

We are all individual that we are old, new or ESC fan
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby judge death » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:40 am

On the psyanide/Joni argument. While I do not particularly like psyanide, I believe he is right on this occasion. I found it difficult to understand Joni's post, and there was no need for it here in the English forum if he can speak better Finnish. Surely we have regional-forums to avoid this? You don't see me on the German forum, even though I can speak quite a bit.

I can understand what joni says to 100%.
And that with the german forum: Is it me you mean?
Last edited by judge death on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
judge death

Postby Lamlam » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:18 pm

Thomas: You understood me perfectly - the old fans are very different to the new ones.

Judge Death: No, I literally mean English is my first language, so I post in the English section, not the german one, even though I believe I understand it pretty well.
Lamlam

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:19 am

I'm up to keep this thread open, no one seems to be getting flamed and discussion is always good.

At any gig if I see a Lordi fan I give them respect, yeah I have a tendency to wear one of the Get Heavy "I got heavy first" tops but that's just fun. If anybody sees me at a gig "Normaly RIGHT at the front of the line" they are more than Hellcome to say "Hi" no matter if you've been a fan for years on end of 2 days.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Lightning » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:27 am

well i dont think matters too much. cos ya can call yourself a fan for sure. if anyones so elitist to deny you that right, theyve got problems :wink:
Lightning

Postby Thomas » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:17 am

Lamlam: Why do you say that "old" fans is different from the ESC fans? It sounds like that you call the ESC fans for "wannabe" fans.. I am NOT saying that you ARE saying this, but it sounds like that for me.. ;)
Thomas

Postby IA » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:23 pm

For me a fan is a fan even if they have been it since yesterday or even today.
We all discover Lordi at different times, me for example discover Lordi when we watch them win the finnish contest.
And that was so awesome for me to watch from Sweden.
At my work they said to me , you can´t be serious are you really voting for Lordi ?
My answer was of course yes we voted for Lordi the whole family. And we are still Lordi fans, and will be for a long time ( a little off topic this last part of my writing)
But to get to the topic, i´m just sorry i didn´t discover them before but still i consider me as a fan.
The more fans Lordi get and I have a feeling they will get many as the years go by,
so no matter fan yesterday or tomorrow is not importent you are all fans of the greatest band ever LORDI :wink:
Trust can´t live in the same space as secrets and lies. Mietippä sitä.
IA

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion