Monsterboard

Best and quikest way to get an autograph from the band?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:05 pm

Do it like any good fan and take a CD or something to a gig and ask them to sign it. I think it's totaly lazy to send it off to them or ask them to send you one.

Getting something signed isn't about the black mark on a CD or something, it's also a way of saying "I was there with these guys!" not "yeah it's signed but I've never met them".

Every signed item I have that I treasure was signed by members of the band when I was stood right there with them, not a few hundred miles away.

If it's just money value that you want then do the "postal order signing" but if you want to cherish something then do the better thing and get it done in person.

Stay Heavy Monstermaniacs :twisted: .
Getting Heavy Since : 18,09,03
Hell-o I am me, who the Hell are you?
Proud Brother of the Unholy Ghost
Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby Cheavy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Beauty of the beast wrote:Do it like any good fan and take a CD or something to a gig and ask them to sign it. I think it's totaly lazy to send it off to them or as them to send you one. Getting something signed isn't about the black mark on something, it's also a way of saying "I was there with these guys!" not "yeah it's signed but I've never met them".

Every signed item I have that I treasure was signed by members of the band when I was stood right there with them, not a few hundred miles away.

Everybody haven't possibility to stay right there with them :roll:
Cheavy

Postby supermonstar13 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:14 pm

well, correct but not positive, always have hopes. if there's been 10 years without meeting them, send the booklets :wink: :D :lol:
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby Beauty of the beast » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:42 am

Well yes, I know some Monstermaniacs live in countries Lordi have not yet been to, I can understand them asking for something to be signed via mail but my point still stands, having something signed by them in person is better. I wish all Monstermaniacs could meet Lordi and get something signed but this isn't an ideal world.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby grims » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:43 am

How to meet the band?
grims

Postby S92 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:47 am

At a gig or signing session.

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby judge death » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:13 am

Beauty of the beast wrote:Well yes, I know some Monstermaniacs live in countries Lordi have not yet been to, I can understand them asking for something to be signed via mail but my point still stands, having something signed by them in person is better. I wish all Monstermaniacs could meet Lordi and get something signed but this isn't an ideal world.

the only problem is to meet them, i was on a gig but i couldn´t make them sign anything :( and a signing session hasn´t happend in sweden for a long time so for me it kinda of hopless, i will try again if they come to sweden in 2008, but i don´t think the guards or lordi will allow me...
and we shall not talk about getting backstage, beaucuse that is the hardest thing...
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby metalskull » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:55 pm

well i'd rather get my stuff signed by the band in person, but BOTB, what are the odds of Lordi coming here to malta, one of the smallest warts on the giant butt which is the world?
metalskull

Postby judge death » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:15 pm

metalskull wrote:well i'd rather get my stuff signed by the band in person, but BOTB, what are the odds of Lordi coming here to malta, one of the smallest warts on the giant butt which is the world?

yea and how to be one of the few on a gig to meet them? at a gig it is often 30 000 people.
but yea, personly for me i would want to go to a gig and meet them there or sign it at a gig. but in lack of signing sessions and hard to meet them at gig i can only hope for this, but i will not count those as "real" autographs.
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Beauty of the beast » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:29 am

Well Lordi have announced a gig in New Zealand next easter, I know it's not relevent to many people here but they are starting to branch out to the other places they have not been. I had to travel a few hundred miles to see Lordi for the first time and signing was as tense and scary as it's ever been. I was lucky back then because Lordi were more relaxed but now with so much more fame and media coverage they are rarely out (you'd think so anyway) .

I know If I were a massive rock star like Mr. Amen or any of the band I would want to make my fans happy, Lordi try to make their fans happy much harder than some bands I've seen and they are stuck in very smelly costumes by the end of a gig. Sadly you can't walk about and sign everything or meet everyone because there is simply not enough time.

Damn I recon there were countless times the members were at gigs when they were younger and they may have not got to see their idols.

In the end as we all know, life is a bitch and you have to be lucky and a little rude to get what you want.

Beauty of the beast
Ex-Moderator

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:09 am

Beauty of the beast wrote:Well Lordi have announced a gig in New Zealand next easter, I know it's not relevent to many people here but they are starting to branch out to the other places they have not been. I had to travel a few hundred miles to see Lordi for the first time and signing was as tense and scary as it's ever been. I was lucky back then because Lordi were more relaxed but now with so much more fame and media coverage they are rarely out (you'd think so anyway) .

I know If I were a massive rock star like Mr. Amen or any of the band I would want to make my fans happy, Lordi try to make their fans happy much harder than some bands I've seen and they are stuck in very smelly costumes by the end of a gig. Sadly you can't walk about and sign everything or meet everyone because there is simply not enough time.

Damn I recon there were countless times the members were at gigs when they were younger and they may have not got to see their idols.

In the end as we all know, life is a bitch and you have to be lucky and a little rude to get what you want.

I´m happy that they do so much for their fans! :D
But please can´t they have a signing session soon in sweden?!
they haven´t done any sessions for two years i think :roll:
i can at least hope.
judge death

Postby grims » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:53 pm

I know it sucks...
I'm asking,the details of meeting the band :?
I know I have to go to gig first..
grims

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:57 pm

grims wrote:I know it sucks...
I'm asking,the details of meeting the band :?
I know I have to go to gig first..

i would also want to know details of how to make the dream come true :?:
judge death

Postby supermonstar13 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:48 pm

When you learn, tell me :P
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby Isa » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:50 pm

Supermonstar13 do you don't have something more interesant to do than make uninteressant answer that we ask us why you say that except for having more post

Ah yeah I remember 1000 post for christmas isn't it ?
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:59 pm

Well, if you're at a gig, go around the venue if you can. that's how i ended up meeting Mr. Lordi unmasked and had a great talk with him. Try that, and send a pm the very same day or next day. i sent Mr. Lordi 4 pm's, and sent a new one the day after thier gig in Starland Ballroom entitled "this is mike from starland ballroom"
Mr. Lordi read it and replied :D
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby grims » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:30 am

I wanna meet him masked...
grims

Postby Dezalene » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:52 pm

Time for some of my little imput: I think that although it's certainly not the quickest way, taking a valued treasure with you to a gig or signing is still the best way.

In my personal opinion, I could have cared less if my poster was signed or not. There has to be more to life than collecting names on items. What really made the experience for me was a chance to meet them, face-to-face. Yes, the signed poster is an excellent "memorbilia" for me, but it was just being with them in person that is a much greater experience.

Also, think of it this way: You're sending away for a pre-existing picture to be signed. You don't really get a chance to have something cool signed (Unless you take the risk of sending it off.). For me, I happened to have a poster with Lordi on one side and Type O Negative on another that came in a magazine. It was hard enough to rip it out of the magazine, so you can imagine it's impossible to send it off, with a chance of never being seen again!

Sure, you can send away for the autographs...but you'd be missing out on a much greater experience. Because telling someone how you got the autographs sounds so much better when you tell them you were there to recieve them!
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:17 pm

I have to say that i completley agree with everything Dezalene posted couse if you send something to let it signed ...its not that personal anymore ...i could send something myself to MR.Lordi couse i know he would send it back to me :D but i rather wait for the right moment till the come back ....then it will be so much more special ..i think ....And you can take pictures of it ...I do that all the time if i meet somebody special ...then i ask someone to take picture while my stuff is getting signed ......

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:20 pm

Meeting them is way more better and more personal :D but that can only happen in my dreams :( :cry:
judge death

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:23 pm

no way ....TRUST ME ON THIS ,,,,You will meett hem some day ...
..i tried it for so many years and now i just know it will happen the next time ....you have to believe in yourself ... :wink:

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:27 pm

LIVING DEAD DOLLIE wrote:no way ....TRUST ME ON THIS ,,,,You will meett hem some day ...
..i tried it for so many years and now i just know it will happen the next time ....you have to believe in yourself ... :wink:

I shall try :( :) :D
judge death

Postby Felix » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:37 pm

Hey judge death, did the "Drakkar way" work?
Felix

Previous

Return to General discussion