Monsterboard

A Letter About Lordi

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

A Letter About Lordi

Postby supermonstar13 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:05 pm

Hey dudes and dudettes
I was reading an old magazine and reached the Letters section and found a juicy letter about Lordi!! ^^
So, here it is!...

Dear Metal Hammer/Heavy Metal,
The existence of this letter is caused by the last night's events and the comments that Lordi caused with their song in Eurovision. I had never watched Eurovision before and the reason I did this year was Lordi. Lordi's song was very very good and well done to the brave guys! They showed to people what Hard Rock is! Of course I don't believe that the best way to show rock to people is Eurovision, but at least it was something. I watched the whole contest and the only song I like was Finland's. All the rest were pop songs, for which I don't say they were stupid, but I don't like them.
What bothered me was the people's reactions. Before the Semi Finals everybody took Lordi not so seriously because their tiny brain had told them they wouldn't pass the Semi Finals. But they did! "And now what are we gonna do? The monsters got to the finals!"... "I'll tell you what we'll do."... "What?"... "We won't let them compete!"... Now how did they get ready to do this? They managed to get all the Good Christians to prohibit the competing of the "satanists" Lordi (this remind me something, but what?). Heleni Louka went out to explain us the lyrics. "They are an indirect invitation for Satan's worship. Somewhere it says 'it's who dares, wins': This is the Satan's invitation!" and then all the priests rushed to support it. Don't they just look their faces, they unearthed the Vissariona's holy relics to earn money and didn't let him calm down as everybody does after their death! And by the way, talking about Vissariona, he had a better skin than the mummy Vissi, who was compared to Lordi. They sent extrajudicial but it didn't pass!!! As it didn't pass with Slipknot, as it didn't with many other bands. Lordi played in the Finals and fucked. Inside all this pop event, there was a rock song and, whithout being predicted it distinguised between all others. Many people critisized their appearence negatively. A stupid one said "This is proof that there is life in other planets as well". I'm wondering if she has seen her face in the mirror, that looks like transexual. Many others said this one too: "the beauty and the beasts!", reffering to Vissi and Lordi. I commented that before(see Vissariona part)
Whatever happened, Lordi came out and played a nice hard rock song and fucked all the rests who were hopeful enough to get the first place.
They were humorous in the interviews and were very polite and positive to everyone. That's what they should do and that's what they did.

Regards,
Basilis Christophorakis

This was very old but when I read it I went pink from happiness!!... Hope you liked...
Next time I'll translate the Lordi interview and the Arockalypse review included in the magazine. Note that the magazine is the best Metal magazine in the whole Greece and I'm glad to know that they still post some Lordi-bits even though they are wrong. Once they said that Mr. Lordi left the band for unknown reasons!... but anyways......

xxx
supermonstar13
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby metalskull » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:49 pm

thats nice,

Basilis Christophorakis

to see that you like Lordi...XD
metalskull

Postby Angel Of Death » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:55 pm

nice article ;)
Angel Of Death

Postby Ayra-Raven » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:57 pm

That`s all true! Thank them for that. This letter is really good!
The biggest treasure is to love and to be loved...
Ayra-Raven

Location: In the melody of shout and silence... / Poland, F16

Postby supermonstar13 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:08 pm

Yeeeah, good bloke. Glad to see he liked Lordi.
I'll so a reasearch for him :P
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby paradise lost » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:40 am

:D Cool letter,I had read it before and I was glad that a metal hammer reader liked lordi.However,Metal Hammer's editors don't seem to like that much lordi :roll: .They prefer those death/thrash/black metal stuff.
paradise lost

Postby supermonstar13 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:21 am

Yeah, I noticed that. Generally it's a too metal magazine, and lordi isn't noisy enough for it :lol:
T+A
supermonstar13

Postby judge death » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:07 pm

Not noisy enough? :evil:
they are for god sake a heavy metal band!
and nice article! :D
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Thomas » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:11 pm

Wow chill, I don't think we can call them for a heavy metal band, or? :P
Thomas

Postby judge death » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:12 pm

Thomas wrote:Wow chill, I don't think we can call them for a heavy metal band, or? :P

What are you saying? not metal!?
Ok, they are hard rockers but that is metal in my opinion.
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Thomas » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:13 pm

judge death wrote:
Thomas wrote:Wow chill, I don't think we can call them for a heavy metal band, or? :P

What are you saying? not metal!?
Ok, they are hard rockers but that is metal in my opinion.

Hard Rock ;)
Thomas

Postby judge death » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:16 pm

But isn´t that metal?
In my opinion everything with guitarrs and drums(typhical metal band) is a metal band, kiss is a metal band then lordi should to be metal!
judge death

Postby Thomas » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:17 pm

judge death wrote:But isn´t that metal?
In my opinion everything with guitarrs and drums(typhical metal band) is a metal band, kiss is a metal band then lordi should to be metal!

I am VERY unsure about the different genres, in my eares, KISS is not metal, but old hard rock.. And for me Lordi is Hard Rock too, but for you they are metal.. It's the same, they are awesome anyway :D
Thomas

Postby judge death » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:18 pm

Thomas wrote:
judge death wrote:But isn´t that metal?

I am VERY unsure about the different genres, in my eares, KISS is not metal, but old hard rock.. And for me Lordi is Hard Rock too, but for you they are metal.. It's the same, they are awesome anyway :D

Yes! Lordi is the best band ever! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
judge death

Postby supermonstar13 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:32 pm

Ahem, yeah Lordi is the best band ever but that's not the topic's purpose, how much we like lordi.

:lol:

Lordi is a hard rock/metal band but they prefer more noisy music. For example, Children of Bodom, Slayer, Evanescence etc. Lordi is a bit less heavy, more melodic, right? :wink: So there's no place for Lordi there.

A friend of mine who always reads it she told me that once someone wrote that Mr. Lordi left the band :lol: :lol: "No way!" I said. And phew, no way indeed. There's no Lordi without Mr. Lordi :twisted:
T+A
supermonstar13

Return to General discussion