Monsterboard

Lordi action figures

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Lordi action figures

Postby tomthegr81 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:47 am

I had the strangest (well one of the..) idea. What if there were Lordi action figures? Would you collect them, play with them?

I probably would XD

I could see it now too, you'd have the basic figure with the member and an accessory like for Mr. Lordi his Axe, and wings, Awa her tarot cards, Kita could have some futuristic weaponry, OX would have some kind of blunt weapon..or a severed leg to beat people over with :P, and Amen would have the egyptian scepter. Then you'd have the large delux pack of each memeber with would have an instrument and a stage peice, and when you collect all 5, you'd have a minature stage set up.

I think it would be pretty awesome personally. And the company who could pull this off? McFarlane toys! They have made some really kick ass figures in the past, and I would have no doubt that they would give Lordi the same awesome treatment.

So what do you think of the idea?
tomthegr81

Postby Anthalerero » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:04 am

tell me where to get lordi action figures, and i'd buy them! :lol: Seriously, i'm SO looking forward it anything like that would happen... i'd kill for lordi action figures :roll: :twisted:

btw, didn't we have a topic like that some time ago? :? hmm..
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby judge death » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:10 am

if they would come to sweden i would buy them at once.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Thomas » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:04 am

Thomas

Postby Love Gun » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:10 am

Thomas wrote:http://static.flickr.com/86/240342025_7c218a83b0.jpg

There is already action figures :lol:

WOW! :shock: Amazing! I want these figures. :wink:
Along Came a Camel Spider
Love Gun

Postby grims » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Thomas wrote:http://static.flickr.com/86/240342025_7c218a83b0.jpg

There is already action figures :lol:

They are fan made and they suck,no offense!
grims

Postby Thomas » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:05 pm

how do you know?
Thomas

Postby Linus » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:53 pm

Thomas wrote:how do you know?

They are made by one of the MB members...

- Linus
Linus

Postby metalskull » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:00 pm

hah....Lordi vs. Action Man!
metalskull

Postby Hemitys » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:25 pm

There were plans (according to Bill Aucoin) to get Lordi figures out for sale in february at the same with Dark Floors. But since we haven't really heard anything about those, I guess they have been cancelled or they haven't found a reasonable deal with toy factory or something like that.

You can actually see some pictures (photoshopped of course) of Lordi dolls in the artwork of Get Heavy. It would be awesome to really see something like that happening but unfortunately making toys is not the easiest task in the world.

We'll just have to wait see.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby metalskull » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:26 pm

thnx for the info, hemitys. Sounds kewl.
metalskull

Postby psyanide » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:47 pm

Actually I recall that the plan was to get those by the DVD release of Dark Floors (maybe fall 2008?). Anyways, I've seen some prototypes from some companies, but there's a lot of work... Basically I can think only two companies who could pull this off, and those are Mezco, and of course McFarlane Toys.

I've been an action figure collector myself for years and I really, really, would like to see Lordi toys in my collection. Although there's not any more space in my studio apartment for more toys.

I have mainly Alien & Predator -toys and gear, but also a load of Hellboy figs and other misc. toys like Stargate, Spawn, some bands & artists like Alice Cooper and Mötley Crüe, and also a pretty nice collection of different Marvel figures throughout the years. Maybe I'll post some collection photos here one day if someone's interested.

There's a really nice toy collecting community at spawn.com here http://board.spawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
You should also check out the Toys-section of the site to get a glimpse of what McFarlane Toys can do and is all about.
Last edited by psyanide on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
psyanide
Site Admin

Postby Isa » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:56 pm

I am a action figure collector and I wait unpatiently that Lordi make some

If they do I hope it should be from McFarlane 'cause I prefer their work
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Dezalene » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:17 pm

Go with McFarlane. They'll pay more attention to the down and dirty (or even bit gory) details.

I'd personally like some Lordi figures myself. The real question would be if I leave them in the box, or buy a set of two and see how many set ups and lightings I could do with them. Would be interesting if they threw in the accessories there too. (Awa would have her keys and her kittie. Kita would have the drums and the cage. Amen, his sarcaphagus and two different guitars. OX would have two basses, preferably a breakable bass and the BRS crib. I don't even want to count how many different props would come with the Lordi one, but as long as they have the skull prop and chainsaw too, that would be awesome! Oh, and some cigarettes. :lol: )

(Yeah, I'm a bit of a collector myself, although I haven't done any real great collecting since I started college.)
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby judge death » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:10 pm

If they come out with lordi toys or acktion figures i will be first to get one :twisted: walking to a toystore :lol: :roll:
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby metalskull » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:45 pm

but Guys, what do we actually need them for? :lol:

I mean ok, CD's we listen to, lordi pencils, we write with.....but seriously, were 13+- do we need to play with action figures? xD
metalskull

Postby Isa » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:48 pm

metalskull wrote:but Guys, what do we actually need them for? :lol:

I mean ok, CD's we listen to, lordi pencils, we write with.....but seriously, were 13+- do we need to play with action figures? xD

Who say we play ?????

Some collect book or stamp

Us it's action figure mine are all in a furniture and make my appart deco
Isa

Postby metalskull » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:50 pm

well, i suppose action figures arent the weirdest things a guy can collect :P
metalskull

Postby Dezalene » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:06 am

Three words: Twisted Toyfare Theatre.

If you knew what that was, you'd know that there are plenty of reasons guys (and gals) over thirteen have a reason to collect action figures.

But other than that, they're also an investment. I have a couple of figurines that have risen way in price since they came out. Hell, the reason I bought a Bratz doll when they first came out was entirely for investment purposes. (Then I lost the box when we moved. Damn it!)

Besides, in this case, Lordi figurines would be just another collector's item. They have a purpose, they're fun to look at, and if you look at it from an artistic point of view, they can be very gorgeously painted with beautiful articulation and etc.

Edit: I said figurines, didn't I? My mistake. :lol: I did mean action figures, sorry. I've been doing that all too much lately.
Last edited by Dezalene on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby metalskull » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:10 am

well, im kinda confused wether we're talking about 'action figures' or normal 'figurines'

Action figures as in those dolls but have muscles, can move their arms and sometimes say stuff, or figurines as in the little statuettes (for example, the Lord of the rings one that came in the magazines)

and i would buy the figurines, but i dont actually think i'd go for the action figures.
metalskull

Postby Isa » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:12 am

You know you don't see the utility on Lordi action figure but me I found stupid to use a Lordi pencil I mean buy just because their is Lordi and after use it when on a moment he's do little you don't see anything anymore

Then what's the interest of buying the vinyl when you don't have a vinyl lector ? It's the same way to see

Even I don't understand some people I respect the fact they like that, that they thought different from me

No one of my action figure is buy for investisment but for my own pleasure and any of them is important 'cause they represent me (my music taste)

And for information a lot of figurine are what you call action figure. The KISS one are so, alice cooper, ozzy osbourne, Motley Crue.......
Isa

Postby metalskull » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:14 am

im sorry that were not agreeing, isa, and i respect what you think too. i suppose its kinda the same with dark floors, where some people said that Lordi shouldnt make a film...
metalskull

Postby Dezalene » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:23 am

*shrugs* Many people have many reasons for collecting things. Believe it or don't, I wouldn't mind a Lordi pencil, because I do have a small collection of pencils. In this case, though, the pencil would go into my Lordi collection as a whole.

I have a MASSIVE collection of pins and buttons to wear. I would love to see the bandmember heads that you find on the T-Shirts as pin forms. Some people see it ridicolous though, to spend your life collecting these little metal things, but that's just opinons.

And some people, in this case, collect action figures. They can be for many reasons. Like I said, they can be for investment purposes, or for collection purposes if you're just into collecting merch from your favorite bands, or like Isa's case, they're because they represent your musical interests and they just make you happy. :mrgreen:

Personally, I think they would be fun to play with and do photographs with like they do in the TTT's I mentioned earlier. Call me immature and weird if you want to, but to other's, it's just another hobby.
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby metalskull » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:25 am

im not calling any1 weird or immature, dez. This stuff may seem weird to me, but if you like it, sure, ill respect it.
metalskull

Postby tomthegr81 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:44 am

Collecting is something that is generally understood by the person who collects, or the collecting community. Personally I'm a TCG collector so I know where one comes from when you want to collect.

If they really do decied to come out with the Lordi figures I'd get two sets, one for show, one to well...play with haha. After all It's time for Vader (collector of Star Wars stuff too) and Lordi to fight :P
tomthegr81

Next

Return to General discussion