Monsterboard

You say Lordi are Satanists? Read this!!

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

You say Lordi are Satanists? Read this!!

Postby supermonstar13 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:00 pm

Hey guyz

I found this one some time ago, about a week and if you haven't seen it, I post it here...I edited the name and I might put a url in my fanclub as well (agree, mikroprose, eh?)...So. here it is:

Hard Rock Hallelujah - the lyrics

We can't really get anywhere without considering the song title for a while.

This is the second time a song with the word Hallelujah has won the European Song Contest. The previous win was for Israel in 1979, with their aptly titled song Hallelujah. Hallelujah means no more or less than Praise God. Note: not "Praise Satan", but "Praise God".

I don't know how well this is known outside of Finland, but here it is common knowledge that Mr. Lordi comes from a somewhat religious family. According to his teacher in basic school, he was a bright and nice student who loved drawing so much that he drew all his ledgers and school books full of monsters and sometimes drew comics for test answers! He also loved Kiss and other show-off rock groups from an early age and has one of Finland's largest Kiss memorabilia collections. And he has always had a burning passion for monster horror films.

In this light it is not so difficult to understand why Mr. Putaansuu would praise God for giving him a way to express himself through hard rock music.

But enough of the title and Mr. Lordi's younger days. Let's continue with the dissection.

Hard Rock Hallelujah!
Hard Rock Hallelujah!

The song starts by praising God twice through the power of hard rock music.

The saints are crippled on this sinners' night Lost are the lambs with no guiding light

Interpretation: the times are bleak and there are lots of evil things going on.

The walls come down like thunder, the rocks about to roll It's The Arockalypse, now bare your soul

Suddenly the end is nigh, and the apocalypse starts, and your real soul is shown for everyone to see.

All we need is lightning, with power and might Striking down the prophets of false, as the moon is rising Give us the sign, now let us rise up in awe

The prophets of evil are stricken down, and we, the believers, will prevail.

Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn Hard Rock Hallelujah Demons and angels all in one have arrived Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn Hard Rock Hallelujah In God's creation supernatural high

Demons and angels have arrived at the same time to pick up their respective souls: the evil and the believers. And God is allowing a really nice time to the latter group. (Quick note: thyn must be a misspelling of thine.)

The true believers, thou shall be saved Brothers and sisters keep strong in the faith On the day of Rockoning, it's who dares, wins You will see the jokers soon'll be the new kings

Those who have faith in God will be rewarded at the day of reckoning: those who have been ridiculed will be the winners in the new world order.

All we need is lightning, with power and might Striking down the prophets of false, as the moon is rising Give us the sign, now let us rise up in awe Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn Hard Rock Hallelujah Demons and angels all in one have arrived Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn Hard Rock Hallelujah In God's creation supernatural high

Repeat of earlier message.

Wings on my back, I got horns on my head My fangs are sharp, and my eyes are red Not quite an angel, or the one that fell Now choose to join us or go straight to Hell

I'm ugly, but that's OK. Despite my looks I'm neither an angel of God or the Devil. But I am a believer in God and if you are not, you'll end up in Hell.

Note how the lyrics clearly shows that the singer is on the side of God, and definitely not Satan. How else would he be able to say: "You will go to Hell if you are not with me"?

Hard Rock Hallelujah! Hard Rock Hallelujah! Hard Rock Hallelujah! Hard Rock Hallelujah! Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn Hard Rock Hallelujah Demons and angels all in one have arrived Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn Hard Rock Hallelujah In God's creation supernatural high Hard Rock Hallelujah!

---who believes that they are satanists after that?!? :P ---
T+A
supermonstar13

Return to General discussion