Monsterboard

What are your friend's reactions to Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Nazgul » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:They hate Lordi of the bottom of their heart.

Same here. Whenever i play Lordi on my mobile friends always tell me Shut off lordi let's listen to Rap :roll:
Nazgul

Postby michaelE52002 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Nazgul wrote:

Same here. Whenever i play Lordi on my mobile friends always tell me Shut off lordi let's listen to Rap :roll:

I'm sorry, my good fellow, but it is pronounced k-rap, not rap. :P
"Dear Sir, you are without any doubt, a rogue, a rascal, a villain, a thief, a scoundrel, and a mean, dirty, stinking, sniveling, sneaking, pimping, pocket-picking, thrice double-damned no-good son of a bitch."
michaelE52002

Postby TheBear » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:05 am

Nazgul wrote:

You are a lucky one.
When my friend or me play LoRDi on mobile others shout to turn that off and play some FOLK!

P.S Hope u can read my bad english
TheBear

Postby Crystal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:19 pm

I CANNOT FIND SOMEONE WHO LIKES LORDI IN MY HOMETOWN!!!!!!CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!?????
AND MY FRIEND HATES LORDI
Just like the moon comes, we rise, we shine and fall
Crystal

Postby Erina » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Crystal wrote:I CANNOT FIND SOMEONE WHO LIKES LORDI IN MY HOMETOWN!!!!!!CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!?????
AND MY FRIEND HATES LORDI

Not a big surprise. None of my friends like Lordi either... well, except for my BFF, I think she still kinda likes.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby LivHanna » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:00 am

I think I'm the lucky one, because all of my best friends ever just looove Lordi! 8) Actually, I got them because of Lordi!

Thank you, my lovely girls, being there for me, u know who u are.. ;)

-Liv
Last edited by LivHanna on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You're loud and loaded
You're rock and roll"
LivHanna

Postby Jinna » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:39 am

My one friend says It Snows In Hell is good song and she likes couple other songs too. She was with me in concert where I saw Lordi live first time and said Lordi's show was really cool. :) My brother's daughter was a Lordi fan in 2006, but then she found rap music. She don't hate Lordi, once she said she could come to Lordi's gig with me and Amen is still cool. ;)

Rest of them just hate Lordi. When I found these monsters, one of my friends said "don't say you are now a fan of those clowns". Now she's okey with it and even listens when I'm going crazy because of gig, new album or something.. :lol:
There's no escape because the haunt is on
Jinna

Postby Isa » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:43 am

Same as LivHanna

I got them thanks Lordi and my other friends respect fact I like them, I even have a friend who was happy 'cos he had a other friend who was fan, he introduce us to each other and now he's happy 'cos we don't bored him anymore but talk together :lol:
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby UndeadLegend » Sat May 21, 2011 10:42 pm

I have a central group of 4 friends that always hang out with me. We're always at eachother's house or doing something else stupid on the weekend. 2 of them love Lordi like me, the other two dont like them. Well, one only likes It Snows in Hell, the other doesnt like them at all. He's very narrow minded.
UndeadLegend

Postby Dr. Sin » Mon May 23, 2011 10:41 pm

None of my friends hates lordi. They're all like 'it's ok by me'. One of them even listens to Lordi sometimes. All the other people here kind of hates Lordi, I suppose.
Dr. Sin

Re: What are your friend's reactions to Lordi?

Postby NaughtsApproach » Tue May 31, 2011 9:49 pm

My job allows me, and my coworkers. to play our music in the warehouse while we work. Most of the time it is overtaken by the boys who listen to crappy American Emo bands, and rap. When ever i play my music/Lordi they hate it with a passion, and take my music off when i am not looking.
A few of them are very narrow minded, and don't like my music because they are not American. Way to prove a stereotype. It is worse when i play bands who speak a different language...god forbid. :evil:
NaughtsApproach

Re:

Postby Milred Sandman » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Mine doesn't bother to listen to HRH sometimes but you can't say they are fans , really.

:oops: :lol:

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Sooophie » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:51 pm

My friends don't understand my love for Lordi. They think Lordi is a huge joke, something like a satanic Death Metal band. Yes, I looove my friends but our musical tastes are the opposite. They all like things like R'n'b, hip hop and I am a Metalhead. It's a bit frustrating because when they talk about music and songs, I am the only one who can't debate with them... Sometimes they say: "Hey Sophie come listen to this cool song!" and of course I agree because I'm always happy to discover new things but it always end with a "Eh, I'm sorry but that's not my kind of music, I don't like it...". It's a pity because I must have 2 or 3 "real" friends who listen to Hard Rock and they but we live so far away from each others. All my near friends are school friends...

I'm happy to have some "Internet friends" on Monsterboard because we have the same love for the band as fans. I don't consider people that I met here as "fake friends" but it's so hard to establish a friendship when we don't see each other... :)
Last edited by Sooophie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sooophie

Postby Thomas » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Sooophie wrote:My friends don't understand my love for Lordi. They think Lordi is a huge joke, something like a satanic Death Metal band

People can say what they want about them, if they think the band isnt good and a joke, then they just thinks so. Bur Lordi are not satanic, nor a death metal band, so they really don't know what they are talking about :lol:

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby tsark » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:39 pm

I've got a virus thing going on, I've let all my friends listen to Lordi, now they all want to borrow my CD's so their friends can ehar them, and so far approvals all round XD I love my friends!
Although one did say 'gosh they sound like Metallica don't they?' so I was compelled to smack him upside the head and say 'NO! They sound like EPIC! get it right!'
tsark

Postby miss_brutality » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:50 am

:lol: Damn how can someone even compare Lordi to Metallica O_O
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby tsark » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:13 am

its kinda like comparing zombies to bunnies, slight difference! :mrgreen:
tsark

Postby Monsterlady38 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:06 am

When I was in high school I showed Lordi to a couple of my friends and got two different reactions.

Some of my friends were absolutely TERRIFIED of Lordi while the others thought Lordi was awesome! It's a tie between how many times I've received each of those reactions. :lol:
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Missing Miss Cali » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:33 pm

I asked my closest friends what they thought of Lordi and this is what they said:
1. "Oh Lord Cal, these monsters are bad for you"
2. "GWAR tribute band much?"
3. "What the hell!? Girls shouldn't have the right to join metal and hard rock bands, they'll end up like this!"
4. "Oh hell, hell bloody hell what the HELL is this?"
5. "...You are not the same Calista I knew twenty years ago"

Reaction 3 pissed me of the most, but I think the one that really annoyed me came from my worst enemy who said "I knew you'd be a fan of this, after all they might be the only guys who appreciate you. After all, no human guys would ever give you a second look. No, not even a first look. I'd be surprised if the monsters would even want you as a fan" Little bitch.
And I wish you well in hell
Missing Miss Cali

Postby Miss cherry » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:19 pm

they don't care about them..they don't like,but also they don't hate them..
Miss cherry

Postby Rosalie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:42 pm

My best friend doesn't really like them, but she's coming to the London gig with me. Some of my other friends keep telling me that they like Lordi's songs but they absolutely HATE Lordi's image. :evil:
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Postby Nadine » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:14 pm

Rosalie wrote:My best friend doesn't really like them, but she's coming to the London gig with me. Some of my other friends keep telling me that they like Lordi's songs but they absolutely HATE Lordi's image. :evil:

I can sympathize for that, my friends hate Lordi's image :| :evil: :x
My best friend also doesn't really like them. He thinks they're songs are OK-ish but he despises Awa for some odd reason. :evil:
Nadine

Postby Ghostrider93 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:06 am

When I showed Lordi to my friends, most were quite surprised by the group's image. One of my friends even told me "but how can they do a concert with these costumes? The heat is surely unbearable."
But in France, I have no friends fan of Lordi. It's not their style of music, but they have nothing against them, so that's ok.
Be yourself! Do not be ashamed to show what you like, and do not be ashamed to admit that you are different.
Ghostrider93

Previous

Return to General discussion