Monsterboard

What are your friend's reactions to Lordi?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby martinmaniac » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:32 pm

I was allways just playing Lordi on our "smartboard", and if any1 said something, i turned up the volume :D In the end no1 dared saying anything XD
martinmaniac

Postby James-Blond » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:35 pm

When I let Lordi play on a party, my friends says: Whats this for sh** music.
When I turned up the volume, my friends goes to an another party. So in my Village only 10% love Hard Rock, the rest hear Hip Hop. I live in a little Town in Central Switzerland !!
James-Blond

Postby Narif » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:22 pm

James-Blond wrote:When I let Lordi play on a party, my friends says: Whats this for sh** music.
When I turned up the volume, my friends goes to an another party. So in my Village only 10% love Hard Rock, the rest hear Hip Hop. I live in a little Town in Central Switzerland !!

than they are not real friends if they wont let you feel good for a little time and rock hard
Thanks to Halfmetal Alchemist for my avatar and sig
Narif

Postby blackbird » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 pm

When I told them I listen to Lordi, they were like: Whaaaaaat?! Those crazy monsters who won the Eurovision? Ewww...
They don't like them, and it's ok for them to talk like that, but everyone gets mad when I say that folk sucks.
blackbird

Postby Leader » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:17 am

Sometimes if i talk about Lordi with my friends,
they said:"Do you mean this crazy idiots,who wins the eurovision?"

Only my 3 best friends hear Rock and Lordi too.
Leader

Postby blackbird » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:54 pm

James-Blond wrote:When I let Lordi play on a party, my friends says: Whats this for sh** music.

We had some sort of a party at school, every friday, and of course, we had DJs who played nothing but techno, house, folk and hip hop. Damn, if I could only get to be a DJ, I'd torture people with metal and rock! :twisted:
blackbird

Postby Lord of Noise » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:02 pm

blackbird wrote:

We had some sort of a party at school, every friday, and of course, we had DJs who played nothing but techno, house, folk and hip hop. Damn, if I could only get to be a DJ, I'd torture people with metal and rock! :twisted:

I did that once at a disco in Norway - I asked the DJ for Lordi, even triec to bribe him with the price of a beer, and he put Hard Rock Hallelujah on!

He was real cool about it, too, he wouldn't even take the beer-money. I reckon he must have dug ut as well. 8)
Lord of Noise

Postby Black Lady » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:03 pm

My mate is like really religious and hates Lordi!No idea why!I think its cause me and my cousin(who isent a Lordi fan) decided to start our own religion called Lordisim.Our key belief was Lordi were kings(and queen) of the world.When we told her and asked her to join she got really upset and started crying! :shock: We said it was just a joke but i think thats the reason she hates them.Other than that the others dont mind Lordi.
The hardest decisions in life reap the biggest benefits. :) -Nikki Sixx
Black Lady

Postby Nazgul » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:26 pm

My friends say that Lordi are sotonic ppl cus of some songs like: Devil is a loser My Haven is Your Hell and so on but i dun think so those are just songs doesn't mean that they are sotonic people.
Some of them dun even understand what they sing and still says that they s*x
Lordi are for me the best band and songs just rocks! The best band and best songs! :wink:
Nazgul

Postby snowinhell » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:34 pm

My friends don't like the genre of music, I think.
They know Lordi only from the Eurovision. So when I say I like them, ore when I talk about the songs I like, the answers I get is like: "Is that the band from teh Eurovision?" "Is that song Hard rock hallelujah?"
And also: "Are you gothic?" :lol:
The reaction of my grandparents are also funny. "Why do you listen at them? They're creepy. Why do you listen to rock'n'roll? They screem, you know! Listen to 'Eddy Wally' " (Eddy Wally is a Belgian singer, and older people like him).
My parents like Lordi, so the only reactions they give, are questions like: "Do you know when they tour again?" "Will you give me that or that CD, to listen at.."
snowinhell

Postby *KiTa_FaN* » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:08 pm

my friends..
most of them say:
-> they look horroble
-> their music isn't good at all
-> I think they're really ugly underneath those costumes
-> and bla bla bla :D

->>>>>my Bestie: Angel of death (Ginny) she's the only one who likes them :) cause of me. I brought her along to a gig :)
--kita's bitch is back in the house!!--

--I hear voices-> and they have got some pretty good ideas-> pff you're just jealous cause the voices won't talk to you!!!--
*KiTa_FaN*

Postby MBL » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:42 pm

Wow,my friends hate Lordi so much that they even piss them on MSN off. :?
Yesterday i was talking to a friend from school on msn,and i put the pic of Lordis new costumes on my display pic,and he started talking shit:

Him:dude what's wrong with you,put those fuckers off,i hate them.
I though he was kidding so i replyed nicely:why?
He then said:becuse they are so discusting and stupid,why do you like them,they suck.
Me:you suck,i put that pic for me and not for you,if you hate them fine,it's your problem,but don't fucking bore me with this shit,i like them becuse they are different,and i want to be different,not as you,i won't put this ass eminem on my display pic,i don't want to end fucked up like every idiot on this town.
THAT'S why i love them.
And he stopped talking.

Plus this isen't the first time people do this to me.
"GET INTO THE CAR AND DRIVE"
MBL

Postby mikroprose » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:09 pm

Oh mbl i've done a similar conversation with some friends like a million times, you can't do anything believe me, especially if they don't listen this kind of music. I've been listening lordi for 4 and half years and just 3 days ago a friend of mine said "oh well they are not that bad after all". And do you know the worst? They like their songs but they reject them because of their look. (and some things madia have promoted) :roll:
mikroprose

Postby Nazgul » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:20 pm

mikroprose wrote:Oh mbl i've done a similar conversation with some friends like a million times, you can't do anything believe me, especially if they don't listen this kind of music. I've been listening lordi for 4 and half years and just 3 days ago a friend of mine said "oh well they are not that bad after all". And do you know the worst? They like their songs but they reject them because of their look. (and some things madia have promoted) :roll:

They reject them because of look? LOL!
Sorry but this really made me laugh! xD
Yes i know that many ppl are afraid of Lordi because of their look! xD
Nazgul

Postby mikroprose » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Aliser wrote:
mikroprose wrote:Oh mbl i've done a similar conversation with some friends like a million times, you can't do anything believe me, especially if they don't listen this kind of music. I've been listening lordi for 4 and half years and just 3 days ago a friend of mine said "oh well they are not that bad after all". And do you know the worst? They like their songs but they reject them because of their look. (and some things madia have promoted) :roll:

well it's so much easier to listen to a normal (almost boring) hard rock band than a monster band..especially here because media was really against lordi especially in the beggining i don't why.
mikroprose

Postby MBL » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:25 pm

Yeah,but they hate them becuse they do rock music.(well ok also becuse of the look) :roll:
MBL

Postby Nazgul » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:27 pm

mikroprose wrote:
Aliser wrote:

well it's so much easier to listen to a normal (almost boring) hard rock band than a monster band..especially here because media was really against lordi especially in the beggining i don't why.

All other hard rock bands are really stupid and boring to me and yes media was against Lordi i think because of their look..
But anyway can you imagine Lordi playing Hip Hop? XD
Nazgul

Postby MBL » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Aliser wrote:
mikroprose wrote:
Aliser wrote:

All other hard rock bands are really stupid and boring to me and yes media was against Lordi i think because of their look..

If this happens,i will hate them to death. :lol:
MBL

Postby Nazgul » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:33 pm

manbeastlovers wrote:
Aliser wrote:
mikroprose wrote:
Aliser wrote:

If this happens,i will hate them to death. :lol:

It'll look really damn funny xD
Hip-Hop Monsters! LMAO! XD
Nazgul

Postby anushka » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:32 pm

My friends don´t care about bands what I listen to... They don´t undestand it :roll:
With Lordi... the first reaction was: WTF is that??? And this is a music band??? You are crazy... :lol:
I was at Benatska noc festival where Lordi played and my two friends was there too (not with me)... and after show I asked them if they liked the gig and they answered that yeah, it was great... but I think for them it was just a lot of fun for the while and nothing more. They will not listen to Lordi more than before :roll: :lol:

But I have some friends who I´m going to the concerts with :D They have the same music taste like me (expecialy one of them) and they like Lordi. They were with me at Benatska noc festival and they are going with me at winter Masters of Rock in November where Lordi will play... I´m glad that I know these people and we became really good friends :D
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Monsta » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:46 am

My friends reactions are like:

1.I play a Lordi song, friend: "Oh this song is very good, what band is it?"
Me: "It´s Lordi :) ". Friend: "Aha, this song were´nt so good anyway :roll:
2. "They are totally gay".
3."They are okay".
4.Girls: "The It Snows In Hell Video is so sad".

(Girls :roll: :lol: )
Monsta

Postby MonstersOfRock4Ever » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Some of my friends really like Lordi and I am very happy about that :D
I also have friends who don't really like them and they just like few of their songs.
But I have few friends who don't like them at all.
Hell's already here if we are living to die!
MonstersOfRock4Ever

Postby pj015 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:00 pm

WHAT YOU LISTEN TO LORDI :shock: !!? THEY SUCK MAN!!! :x

But some of my frends likes LORDI. SO FUCK THE LORDI HATERS :twisted:
Kneel before Amen-Ra
pj015

Postby Nazgul » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:48 pm

My whole town where I live doesn't like Lordi
Nazgul

Postby Deadly Kid » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:06 pm

pj015 wrote:WHAT YOU LISTEN TO LORDI :shock: !!? THEY SUCK MAN!!! :x

But some of my frends likes LORDI. SO FUCK THE LORDI HATERS :twisted:

:D i can help u on that work xD

My some friends think LORDI is scary.I think they're so cute ^^
I said to my firend "Listen LORDI,they're great."She started to listen LORDI and some other rock groups.Finally she's an emo right now xD i hate myself for this xP
Deadly Kid

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion