Monsterboard

Lordi in financial trouble?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Lordi in financial trouble?

Postby Lord of Noise » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:54 pm

Check this out:

http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/htimes/inde ... Itemid=159

According to that, Lordi Enterprises, effectively Lordi but with a corporate name, lost 54,000 euros in their first fiscal year (they formed as a company just after Eurovision).

If that's true, what happened? I knew they weren't rich, and pyros/costumes are expensive, but... wow...
Lord of Noise

Postby Isa » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:13 pm

The financial explication can fast become boring.

I should try resume what I mind about it

They have profite from ESC true but at same time, all transport, big part of what you need for make a gig, costum and all those thing are payed by the band.

They got on more place and so on give more promo but it's also more thing you need to pay.

Count also new costum and so on, on a moment it's at same time 2 (or 3/4) at same time.

All those thing can make it, at same time it don't want say really a lot since it can totally change, if success for album, tour and so on.
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Hemitys » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:15 pm

1) There is no prize for the winner in Eurovision song contest.

2) The record sale profits don't come through the band's own company, they come through the record company. Same thing with the fees from the shows. For some reason, the reporter has ignored both of these incomes in the story.

3) They had to pay (like all the other bands) to get to perform at the Ozzfest. And let me tell you, it ain't cheap.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Erina » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:19 pm

They really gotta make such a noise about it. The reporters, the reporters...
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Isa » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:22 pm

It's more that they don't look do know a lot about music business and for who don't know a lot himself, it can be taked wrong.

And music business can be sometime so complex, at least I found it. Make the accounting of a band music must be a challenge :lol:
Isa

Postby Dungeon Keeper » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:35 pm

My boyfriend and I were just talking about how little money a band actually makes off their records. The label gets the most of it and the band on averages gets about 5 cents. I'd much rather just give Lordi my money and have them divide it up to where it needs to go.
Dungeon Keeper

Postby Isa » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Here is a little explication about royalties on a album

http://www.taxi.com/faq/copyright/royalties.html

It's well for USA but I don't think their is so much difference

I think that it's on merchandising (t-shirt and so on) that a band win the most
Isa

Postby Lord of Noise » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:58 pm

I did think that was it explained away easily enough as a misunderstanding, then I read this:

(link remove now someone willing to do the copyright infringement has come along - yes, news sources have been known to come after folk for such things, AP in particular are bad for it, but potentialy anyone)

Mr Lordi doesn't seem to be denying the debt, in fact he explains that the loss was largely due to the free performances at OzzFest (which seems fair enough).
Last edited by Lord of Noise on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord of Noise

Postby supermonstar13 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:11 pm

^ First mistake:

"Monster rock band and 2007 Eurovision winner Lordi has released a new album and is again trying to break into the American market. But the band brand is haemorrhaging money, despite - or because of - branching out into many things like movies and cola."

...2007? :roll: :lol:

Please delete the link.

"Monster rock band and 2007 Eurovision winner Lordi has released a new album and is again trying to break into the American market. But the band brand is haemorrhaging money, despite - or because of - branching out into many things like movies and cola.
Mr. Lordi told YLE that music is really the heart and soul of the band. They released their fourth album, Deadache, on Wednesday and are launching their second U.S. tour next week. In addition, they will appear on the Conan O'Brien show, which is guaranteed to introduce them to a whole new segment of unsuspecting Americans.

"Of course it's a big thing. But you have to keep your feet on the ground and remember that it's just one tv-show. Before anyone goes off and says that we've conquered America."

But the band's axe-wielding, bat-winged frontman is reluctant to pronounce any sort of victory over the notoriously difficult U.S. market. He says they are still light-years from the success of other Finnish bands like HIM.

"It will take years of work to get where HIM and Children of Bodom are. We're light years away from where they are now. This is just the beginning of our story. We've only done four albums!"

Lordi shot to fame in 2007 by stunning the pastel-and-platitude event that was the Eurovision Song Contest. Although immediately capturing a European audience with its blinding pyrotechnics and costumes from the ninth circle of hell, Lordi now finds itself stretched too thin. The band's front company Lordi Enterprises is in serious debt.

The company launched its own brand of cola and produced a horror film called Dark Floors. Both of them were flops. But the biggest drain, according to Mr. Lordi himself, was last year's Ozzfest tour. Like all the other bands on tour with Ozzy Ozbourne, they performed for free, driving Lordi Enterprises further into debt.

YLE"

F*ck, why do they keep writing his name? xD We know it anyway..it doesn't make them look smarter...
T+A
supermonstar13

Return to General discussion