Monsterboard

The monster dream was close to end some years ago?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

The monster dream was close to end some years ago?

Postby judge death » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:37 am

I was today thinking about all rumors and news and stuff I have readed from interviews with the band and much more.

I can remember some German and Finnish and Swedish newspaper wrote that the band wasn´t so well in the economics and around 2005 Amen had to collect bottles and return them for money so he could buy new guitar strings for the guitar and for recording new songs.(Think I readed this in an interview with him) And that the whole band had to eat spaghetti and other cheap food.
And other means to save money.
Something I can remember the band also said in some interviews.

And it was close during the recording of The arockalypse that they would had to finish this and that The arockalypse would had been their last album. And to hire famous people to play on it and all electronics etc costed them a lot. Also readed this in newspapers and some sites.

And that one of the reason to it is that: The monsterican dream didn´t manage to sell as good as Get heavy album. Which is said on some sites on the web. And also newspapers.

Heard that Lordi spended much money on getting new recording electronics and for special effects and tour buss once which made their economy not so much good for the moment. If I remember it right it was around: 2004-2005.

And the few numbers of new singles: My heaven is your hell and Blood red sandman and only one video Blood red sandman is kinda sign on that they didn´t had much money on that time for doing more.

And in one interview I can remember that the band thought The arockalypse would had been their last album. And Amen and the others had to save as much money as possible for it and to work on normal works.(Is unsure about that)

And that ESC was some kind of way to get those problems solved and maybe save their careers.
And somewhere I heard or readed that Lordi had borrowed money/or got help to get the pyros for the show which they wouldn´t have had else.

One rumor says that Magnum left the band because he thinked that the band maybe wouldn´t last long due to their economics. And he had a family to take care of and some else stuff.(This is something I have heard and is nothing more than me speculating from a rumor.)

Have I forgot something now or do you know more about this?
Or am I completely lost now? xD Because I can remember and from older fans and from old interviews it was kinda like this for them. So it has not always been like it is now for the band, in reality it has been much worse.
But I´m happy to see they aren´t having it like that anymore.

All those rumors and news and interviews I have seen and heard must be true to some point more or less.

So do you know something I have missed or something which is wrong here?

But today I think their economic is good and that they can tour a lot without to worry too much. :)
But to lose gun records wasn´t so good at the moment.
But that will be solved I think so. :)
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Crystal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 pm

OMG!!! Really Amen was collecting bottles to exchange and buy guitar strings??? :'(
Just like the moon comes, we rise, we shine and fall
Crystal

Postby Joni Master » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:40 pm

You guys really should read Mie Oon Lordi. You miss so much history without it. :wink:
Joni Master

Postby DeAngel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by DeAngel on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeAngel

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Joni Master wrote:You guys really should read Mie Oon Lordi. You miss so much history without it. :wink:

The level of helpfulness of your post is beyond astounding.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Return to General discussion