Monsterboard

Are you American fans angry too?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Are you American fans angry too?

Postby Doomality » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:03 am

I became a Lordi fan last year and they've been my favourite band ever since. Now what happens when you have a favourite band? You want to buy their CD's, merchandise, etc.

Here's the problem: In my area there are little to no stores that sells Lordi anything. This is quite understandable, considering they haven't quite caught on yet here in America. In fact, I'm quite thankful for the release of Dark Floors here atleast. But this means I can't show my fandom by buying their merchandise and supporting them. So I show my appreciation other ways by making fanart and whatnot. But this doesn't really help spread the word. T-shirts, backpacks, and other clothing helps spread the word. If I never heard of Lordi and saw them on someone's t-shirt, I would go "WHOA, that's a damn cool lookin' band." and I would eventually look them up. But not a store sells their clothing, not even Hot-Topic. (Where I saw band t-shirts like GWAR being sold there.)

But that's the problem. And normally, I wouldn't be complaining, but we don't even have their SECOND album here yet, folks! That album was released nearly 5 years ago in Europe! Surely The End records isn't just ignoring this wonderful band by not re-releasing it with a bonus track! I've searched online, and The Monsterican Dream can be sold for as high as 50 dollars new here!

And I'm sure there's tons of other countries that aren't able to grab their copies of the CDs as well, but I in no way blame Lordi whatsoever. It's their record companies and THEY decide how all the CDs are distributed.

So, fellow American monster maniacs, what's your Lordi collection and how do you feel about this situation?
Doomality

Postby Miss Charlene » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:43 am

well, i'm not american, but in austria we also don't have stores selling lordi items, not even in catalogues (i saw a poster in emp once, but that's all). i'm sad about this and i don't understand why sony or whoever is responsible for merchandise don't bring stuff out here. austria is a small country, but still we speak the same language than germany so i don't see the problem here. it would be one more marketplace without any more work. maybe sony thinks it's not worth it or stores themselves don't see why they should sell lordishirts few people would by. it's just annoying to see korpiklaani shirts then - i mean, THEY are underground too, so why are they on austrian market and lordi not? :?

i guess the problem with america is, that lordi still are too unknown there. some people might have heard about them, since they won eurovision, but that's not enough to make a band popular. just when they are popular the merchandise will sell, so you might get it then. (preconditioned that they will spend money, time and advertisement, besides media presence on the american market. but i guess that's mostly up to sony music.)
Miss Charlene

Postby KKE » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:53 am

1. Check the official (international) shop. Click me This should be much cheaper to you, because this shop is in USA. Sending stuff to Europe is really expensive from this official shop, so you may think how great this shop must be to European fans outside Finland.

2. As well you can try to get stuff from Europe cheaper than a 50 $ CD ;-) We in Europe outside Finland also often import stuff from Finland, because there is no other way at the moment. We just can buy their cds in the shops here, but I live in Germany which is bigger than several other European countries, maybe some other countries even don't got any cds of Lordi too. ;-)

3. Keep checking Amazon or Ebay...

4. You're maybe "just" 16 and maybe you are not able to buy all this over internet (maybe you are, but in Europe you often have to be 18+ to buy all this), so ask your parents/other relatives/friends if there are the same rules in USA.
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby Mooneyman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Interestingly, in the UK, There's little to nothing, yet my local HMV music still stocks the CDs...and Deadache is always sold out! :lol:
Mooneyman

Postby monster girl » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Mooneyman wrote:Interestingly, in the UK, There's little to nothing, yet my local HMV music still stocks the CDs...and Deadache is always sold out! :lol:

It's the same here actually, but they never sell Get Heavy or the Monsterican Dream....

I got home from work about 20 minutes ago, and my signed tourbook was here waiting for me!! :D
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby Mooneyman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:58 pm

It's kinda odd really, because Arockalypse and Deadache do seem to be fair sellers. Always an space in front of the 'Lordi' tab. :lol:

Lucky! :x
Mooneyman

Postby monster girl » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Mooneyman wrote:It's kinda odd really, because Arockalypse and Deadache do seem to be fair sellers. Always an space in front of the 'Lordi' tab. :lol:

Lucky! :x

Yeah, when I didnt have arockalypse, I couldnt find it in HMV, I asked a member of staff if they had it, and they said they had sold out! I was quite suprised...

:lol: Lucky nothing! I had too pay £25 for that! Thats the problem with buying stuff from the offical webstore...the post and packaging costs loads to the UK...
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby Nilian » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:44 pm

then what can I say? I am from Slovakia and all you can buy here, is CD, DVD and sometimes some T-shirt (which is usually big form me). That's all (as far as I know)
They will just be an ember
Yet your flame's burning high
They will not be remembered
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

Postby Mooneyman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:48 pm

Two CDs.
That's all you'll get around my area.
:lol:
Mooneyman

Postby monster girl » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:56 pm

:lol: I think the point that is being made is its not just America. There are lots of places that are in the same situation. I mean its like not many people can get hold of stuff easily without the internet.

:lol: Most of my stuff was off different websites
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby UKLFC » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:49 pm

There is one place I can suggest to EVERYONE!

Try your local independent music shop and see if they can order them in for you. I asked at my local one (which has since closed down, and I still reckon it's cos I moved away) and they got them in for me within a week, and they were only about 15 each, instead of 25! That and I use fan4z a lot, and they deliver pretty much anywhere
Be a hater, be a Joni hater(Co-President of the Joni Master hate club)
UKLFC
Dr. Dudette

Postby ILoveMonsters » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:55 am

While it is frustrating, we're at the mercy of the powers that be. In my area, Deadache, Arockalypse and Get Heavy can be found. I also have Monsterican Dream, and I know I did not buy it at a very high price. I think I may have bought it from The End Records/The Omega Order website. I also have the singles BLIP (I believe I had preordered this from The End) and BILAB (eBay). Hot Topics here were selling their shirts (one design anyway), but I was sad to see it eventually moved to clearance. :( Keep checking sites like Amazon and eBay. I did get a great shirt off of eBay recently.

Personally, I would love to see their videos available for purchase through iTunes. This would be great!! Of course, I don't know what's involved in making that happen, but I would love to be able to see them as well as hear them on my iPod.
Yes, I would love a monsterman!
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

Postby monster girl » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:50 pm

I think some of their videos are available to buy off itunes...actually, I'll check now, I got itunes up... :lol:

Yeah, you can buy WYLAM 2006 version, It Snows In Hell, HRH, Who's Your Daddy, and BILAB. Wow...I actually didnt know that before! :lol: Gonna buy them at some point!
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby ILoveMonsters » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Thanks Monster Girl for looking, but I have yet to see them for the US. Of course, I'll have to check this when I get home.
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

Postby ILoveMonsters » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:50 am

monster girl wrote:I think some of their videos are available to buy off itunes...actually, I'll check now, I got itunes up... :lol:

Yeah, you can buy WYLAM 2006 version, It Snows In Hell, HRH, Who's Your Daddy, and BILAB. Wow...I actually didnt know that before! :lol: Gonna buy them at some point!

Well, I'm officially jealous, they are not available here, I just pulled up iTunes. :( :( :(
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

Postby monster girl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:49 pm

ILoveMonsters wrote:
monster girl wrote:I think some of their videos are available to buy off itunes...actually, I'll check now, I got itunes up... :lol:

Well, I'm officially jealous, they are not available here, I just pulled up iTunes. :( :( :(

:? Thats a bit odd....... I always assumed that itunes was pretty much the same the world over.... I guess not.

You could always email them and ask them for it, I did that for something once....what I wanted appeared after about a month :lol:
Thanks Gohu!
monster girl

Postby Mara » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:16 am

Then again, I guess people also must think about being a fan isn't all about having lots of lots of Lordi-stuff :wink:

Of course there's something special about having their CD's, I can understand that people might get frustrated because it is hard for them to buy and order those. But when you think about t-shirts and other fancy stuff, it seems many people think that it is important to have a lot of those to show that they are a fan!

When I wear my Lordi t-shirt I don't think about the fact that others are supposed to stare at it and get interested in the band. They wouldn't be able to see the logo clearly anyway. I wear it because of what this band means to me. Too many times I've seen people mutter or hint to that "Oh, you're not a real fan because you don't have any cool stuff!", and it seems people believe that those who own a lot of stuff from a special band is like... "real fans".

I'm gonna be a bit poetic and say that you can buy all the fancy Lordi-stuff you want, but it is the place the band has in your heart that matters, and not on the walls on your bedroom :wink:
Mara

Postby sven » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:59 pm

i got 3 cd-s here from 6.
sven

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Mara wrote:
I'm gonna be a bit poetic and say that you can buy all the fancy Lordi-stuff you want, but it is the place the band has in your heart that matters, and not on the walls on your bedroom :wink:

Well said! You hit the nail on the head with this!
It's about how you really feel about the band deep inside, not how much stuff you buy determines the kind of fan you are.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby ILoveMonsters » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:49 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:
Mara wrote:

Well said! You hit the nail on the head with this!
It's about how you really feel about the band deep inside, not how much stuff you buy determines the kind of fan you are.

Well said!
OX Fan
ILoveMonsters

Postby Shotgun Divorce » Sat May 09, 2009 12:41 am

live in Ohio, and I have 4 Lordi t-shirts and 3 CDs but I bought the shirts off of Rockabilia.
The age of ruin is upon us all, prayer is just a waste of your time. - Lordi (Kalmageddon)
Shotgun Divorce

Postby Music_Ninja » Sat May 09, 2009 1:49 am

they have the newest CD in hottopic here in PA but your right they dont every have any clothing....
(thanks to ISA for my avatar and siggy :))
OX FAN SINCE MAY 2nd 2009 XD
(IS a baby fan haha)
Music_Ninja

Postby Something Bad Is Coming.. » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:47 pm

I'm happy as long as I have all thier music but even then there are quite a few songs that I can't seem to get my grubby paws on like Dead Bugs. I'm not really into the whole downloading thing.

Have all of Lordi's cd's and some collectable ones but that's about it for me. I would love a smart Lordi t-shirt though.
Something Bad Is Coming..

Postby kruegerguy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:38 am

In my area, the only thing I can find is the Deadache album. No t-shirts, no accessories of any kind, no other albums, nothing but Deadache.
kruegerguy

Postby Innanna » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:30 am

I ordered the album "The Arockalypse" from DeadEnd Records. I live in a small, conservative predominantly Catholic town so Lordi is not sold here. I won't let that sort of nonsense stop me! I will bring Lordi to my town and they can like or leave it, I personally don't care.
Innanna

Next

Return to General discussion