Monsterboard

Lordi + Rockband?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Lordi + Rockband?

Postby kommissar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:54 am

hey everyone, first time poster, long time lurker, so much so that i haven't made an account until now, before i say what i wanted to say, i just want to express my obvious appreciation of Lordi's awesome work regarding music, and how impressed i am by their activity on their forums when they aren't touring, i like seeing a good band not get caught up in the fame of it all and get all.. arrogant, and self important.

i'm a brit, but i live in the US, but that really has nothing to do with anything other than my interest in Lordi playing gigs around California.

what i did make an account to do is mention my fave video game and my the best metal band i've heard in a long time, in the same sentence.

how cool would it be to play songs like Hard rock hallelujah on the game, Rockband?

i've read on sites such as kotaku, several stories of musicians approaching Harmonix, the creators of the game, to add their songs as downloadable content for the game series, have Lordi considered this?

how many people here enjoy playing the game? and would you actually be interested in playing some Lordi songs on the game?
i just wanted to express my interest in the unity of two very awesome things :D

there's a thread on the rockband forums, in fact there's more than a few, about Lordi, if you wanted to show your support, posting/voting ect on one like http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthre ... 191&page=2
would be pretty awesome.. who knows, when their current tour is over, Lordi might even want to be in the game perhaps?
anyway, just another fan eager to see more people enjoy and discover Lordi.... and maybe alittle personal intrest in playing Rockband, rocking out to Lordi too :D
kommissar

Postby filc » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Just take a real guitar and a real band and play the song ?
"A virgin sacrificed in the blood ritual ? Damn she should've had sex !"
filc

Postby kommissar » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:10 am

some people have jobs and families to hold down, like myself? can't afford the time to invest in learning to play an instrument and want to pickup a game and enjoy good music perhaps.
i wouldn't tell someone to go and beat up people on the street and steal cars rather than play grand theft auto.. :D that'd be just silly.

i think, if you think rockband or guitar hero is supposed to replace the need or desire to go out and play an actual musical instrument, you don't quite understand the point of the games,
now that's not meant to be an insult :)
but if those games aren't your thing, then perhaps this thread isn't intended or of real interest to you?
i'm really interested in the opinions of fans of both Lordi and rockband, if there are any on the offical Lordi forums, that is.
kommissar

Postby martinmaniac » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:24 am

well, guitar hero is fun. But there are ppl, who think that if they can play a song on GH, they can play it on real guitar too, which they can't. And these covers on guitar hero on youtube are just silly :lol:
martinmaniac

Postby kommissar » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:31 am

i know i have all the musical skill of a glass of water personally lol, but i've also had a good laugh at the posers on youtube who think they are awesome just because they can play the game really well...
i play it for fun :)
just like why i listen to lordi, for serious metal fun!
kommissar

Postby judge death » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Would love to be able to play Lordi songs on guitar hero or rock band. :)

But would be better to play them for real.
But the biggest question is:
Is that a good idea?
From what I can see much people thinks bad about the bands who is on those games and well dragonforce on guitar hero 3 got lots of critics for it. And those bands gets a reputation as a sellout band too. So would that be good for Lordi or not? And well would their reputation be hurt from it or would they get better reputation from it? A hard question I think.
There is a risk for this but if that would happen or not I dunno. XD

Would be great to see a Lordi song according to me, but i let the band decide for them self. Best so. :)
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby martinmaniac » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:33 pm

JD is right. Look at all these people nowadays with a slayer t-sirt, who only know one song. raining blood. They have never heard songs like angel of death, diciple, bloodline etc. Fail, I say. And it could hurt lordis repopulation to their big fans, but more to the wannabe-fans. Hope that made sence for anyone xD

and about dragonforce: come on, everybody hated them before they became part of GH xD dragonforce = metal, my bare ass
martinmaniac

Postby Isa » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:42 pm

It depend of band, Aerosmith have a fully guitar hero game and aren't criticze for that but yeah it's a full game. But depend from band
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby S92 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:12 pm

I think it would be amazing for Lordi to be on Guitar Hero or Rock Band. The amount of exposure they would get from being on that game would be incredible.. seriously, if Bill Aucoin is as business-minded as people say then he will definitely try to get them on one of these games.

S92
"Is that you, Roberto?"
S92

Postby martinmaniac » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:21 pm

§92 how can you be sure of that? I don't think any bands ot higher amounts of fans. Some were unlucky and lost alot by taking part of GH. Look at metallicas upcoming game with GH, and do you know, how many metalheads think of that? They dislike that, as metallica have let the spirit of their songs sell to GH, just because their minds have got more focus on money than the songs. And for me, bands shall play for their songs, not because their economy has reinforced them to.
martinmaniac

Postby filc » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Stupid, because the last Metallica album sound better on Metalica than on a real CD. :roll:
The mixer of the CD must have been drunk. :D

Yeah, but If Lordi will be on this game, we will maybe have something like Hard Rock Hallelujah, so, definitely no.
"A virgin sacrificed in the blood ritual ? Damn she should've had sex !"
filc

Postby martinmaniac » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:55 pm

it WILL be HRH, if this happens, no doubt. Maybe WYLAM too. And I don't like metallicas newest album. Their old stuff in the begginning of the 80's was epic, but after that, they lost alot of their epic songs. Some may agree, some may disagree on that. Would look funny though, if Amen appeeared as playable character on GH :lol:
martinmaniac

Postby kommissar » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:07 pm

i think personal opinion of bands varies between people, i have some degree of respect for every band on the music games, because i view video games as a geek/dork thing, i personally wear that geek label with pride, and finding things that i enjoy that a famous artist or band enjoy, does grant me a degree of empathy or additional respect.

i love how Lordi are just a fun loving group of metal fiends.

I don't know if i should say Mr Lordi's real name here even though i know we all know it so i'll play safe, but i'm a big costumer, i love building props and pieces for costumes, both my own, my friends and commission jobs people hire me for, so i have a great deal of respect for Mr Lordi, since he makes alot of the costumes himself.

if Lordi did decide to get their songs on one of the games, i would certainly be very happy, and my respect for them would grow, because it would show to some degree that they are gamers, perhaps?

i know the actor vin diesel plays D&D and is a big gamer, that raises my opinion of him *shrugs.

and yeah, i would say the five top songs that could end up being picked would be

Hard rock hallelujah
would you love a monsterman
blood red sandman
the devil is a loser
whos your daddy

probably in that order.. though the last two could be either order.

bite it like a bulldog would be fun too..
kommissar

Postby Ida » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 am

Rockbands that are in Rockband games, are no sell out.

In that Case H.E.A.T is worsem, with the ESC and everything :P

You all seem to have Guitar Hero / Rockband, so you like it, don't you?
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby martinmaniac » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:17 am

I just like playing it in the super marcets xD
martinmaniac

Postby kruegerguy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:10 am

Well on the computer I have "Frets on Fire" which is pretty much a generic GH/Rockband substitute for pc and I have several Lordi songs on that including Hardrock Hallelujah, but it would be nice to see it on console sometime, but with Lordi's current popularity in the US still young and growing, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
kruegerguy

Postby Sooophie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:39 pm

I don't know...
Yes, it could be cool pour Rock Band fans!
Sooophie

Postby Lozzy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 pm

It would be awesome. Hands down.

I got into a lot of bands from Guitar Hero & Rock Band.
Therefore, Lordi being involved = win.
5.12.2005-present.
Lauren, 20, UK.
Lozzy

Postby Bobika91 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:32 pm

There's only one song from Lordi in videogame.It's HRH and it's in Singstar on PS3
Bobika91

Postby Zombique » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:05 am

It would be nice if there were downloadable content.
But I prefer playing on a real guitar...
It would be nice though singing or playing the drums instead of playing the guitar in rock band/world tour :)
Zombique

Postby dylandev91 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:08 pm

I have the game too. It would be awesome if some content is coming out.
dylandev91

Postby Drega06 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:28 pm

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.ph ... 920&ref=nf

There's a facebook group dedicated to gaining fans for Lordi DLC on rockband
Drega06

Postby monsterboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:45 pm

It will be hard to make Lordi in GH or rockband. If you have played GH Metallica, than you can see how they made it. They have to wear special suits to registrate their moves, etc. I don't think that those suits won't fit on Lordi's costumes.
But if it works, I buy the complete set. See it before your eyes GH Rock band Lordi. with special guests: Gene Simmons and Alice Cooper.
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby TheBear » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:50 pm

Well they don't need to be in their costumes for that. I guess they dont record albums in them so why be in them while doing motion tracking?
TheBear

Postby Jwsensei » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:53 am

They don't have to go through motion capture - that would only be for a full title package deal (like Metallica, Van Halen, The Beatles or the upcoming Green Day package).

They just need to get their songs mapped to the games - the cool thing is that it's now going to be easier with the new Rock Band Network system they are putting in place. Bands/Labels can either map the songs themselves or hire out other companies to do it for them. The songs get uploaded to the network for testing and acceptance, then get posted for purchase in Rock Band. Awesome idea - especially where bands may not have as much exposure to the mainstream. If Lordi's label got something like that rolling, I would be in heaven. :)

Link to the official site:
http://www.rockband.com/rock-band-network
Jwsensei

Next

Return to General discussion