Monsterboard

Wow

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Wow

Postby Crazeegamer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:33 am

I thought i was the only person in the u.s. that listened to lordi.

But obviously not, god this is so awesome! :D
User avatar
Crazeegamer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:16 am

Postby HalfmetalAlchemist » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:48 pm

You are not alone. 8)

I thought I was the only American that listened to LORDI way back in 2006.... but then I joined MB to find (few) American fans. Since they toured in America, they've gained some popularity, but most people just give me confused looks when I mention the name LORDI. <_<;;
:.I love Kita.:
Image
~On October 23, 2007, my Monsterican Dream came true~
User avatar
HalfmetalAlchemist
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:56 am
Location: Pigeon Forge, TN, America Sex/Age - F/21 DOB - 9/30/92

Postby Crazeegamer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:05 pm

dude i haven't gotten faces yet, but maybe taht's cuz i haven't mentioned it to anyone.

But i definitely want to purchase a Lordi t-shirt. :)

Here's hoping they come back to tour in America :)
User avatar
Crazeegamer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:16 am

Postby kruegerguy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:15 pm

One of my friends here in America got me into Lordi, and several of the people at work know of Lordi, not all of them are too impressed with Lordi but they know of them, in fact one of the people there who listens and likes nothing but death metal was singing hard rock hallelujah one time, kind of surprised me.
A lot of people claim that stupid people annoy them, not me. I find them amusing.Image
User avatar
kruegerguy
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 am
Location: Right behind you...

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:49 pm

Yes, there are quite a lot of American fans as of recently, us good ol Americans have finally started to love Lordi! :wink:

Back in 2006, granted, no one heard of them here, but ever since Ozzfest, various tours and signing to The End Records, the Lordi word has been spreading all around the U.S.

Granted, Lordi had some rough beginnings: the endless Gwar comparrisons, the general Ozzfest crowd saying "wtf Lordi rnt t metalz tey suks lul", but as of now, I think quite a lot of fans have come over to the monsters side :)
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby filc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:24 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Back in 2006, granted, no one heard of them here, but ever since Ozzfest, various tours and signing to The End Records, the Lordi word has been spreading all around the U.S.

Yeah but they didn't sold a lot of Deadache CD there...
"LORDI's latest album, "Deadache", sold around 1,700 copies in the United States in its first week of release," => http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=121500
"A virgin sacrificed in the blood ritual ? Damn she should've had sex !"
User avatar
filc
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:09 pm
Location: France, Bretagne, Morbihan

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:21 pm

filc wrote:
Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Back in 2006, granted, no one heard of them here, but ever since Ozzfest, various tours and signing to The End Records, the Lordi word has been spreading all around the U.S.

Yeah but they didn't sold a lot of Deadache CD there...
"LORDI's latest album, "Deadache", sold around 1,700 copies in the United States in its first week of release," => http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=121500

If I can remember it right, Deadache solded sometimes better in america than in Europe. :P
And well there has been many american fans already after and before 2006, The sick one spazeworrier(is not sure if he was american...)SMF and some more. :)
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
User avatar
judge death
 
Posts: 6267
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Deadworld

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:26 pm

judge death wrote:
filc wrote:
Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:Back in 2006, granted, no one heard of them here, but ever since Ozzfest, various tours and signing to The End Records, the Lordi word has been spreading all around the U.S.

Yeah but they didn't sold a lot of Deadache CD there...
"LORDI's latest album, "Deadache", sold around 1,700 copies in the United States in its first week of release," => http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=121500

If I can remember it right, Deadache solded sometimes better in america than in Europe. :P
And well there has been many american fans already after and before 2006, The sick one spazeworrier(is not sure if he was american...)SMF and some more. :)


Deadache sold pretty well for a band that just released it's 2nd album in the US, when compared to other foreign bands. Sold better than the Arockalypse in its first week if I remember correctly.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby judge death » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Exactly, and thats why I think America will be one of Lordis most important sale areas soon. If they go on with toruing there and selling the albums. :)
Last edited by judge death on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
User avatar
judge death
 
Posts: 6267
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Deadworld

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 pm

judge death wrote:xactly, and thats why I think America will be one of Lordis most important sale areas soon. If they go on with toruing there and selling the albums. :)


Exactly! I mean, they visited America more often then some close European countries. It's good publicity and helps spread the word if a band tours here often.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby ILoveMonsters » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:52 am

I know I can't wait for them to come back here, I've been lucky to see them three times. :D
Yes, I would love a monsterman!
OX Fan
User avatar
ILoveMonsters
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 am
Location: USA (New Jersey)

Postby TheHornSkull » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:25 pm

LOL im a die-hard fan of Lordi , and i think im the only one from Romania.
TheHornSkull
 

Postby Isa » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 pm

I don't directly remember the name of this members but we have here someone who make lordi-romania website if I remember right
Image
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
User avatar
Isa
 
Posts: 5735
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:18 am
Location: Beer country ;) - Sex/Age: F37

Postby TheHornSkull » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Oooh , i found a Romanian-Lordi website a couple of minutes ago. Im so happy!!!
TheHornSkull
 

Postby PEML94 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 pm

You know, lust go to memberlist and to right you press the "Select sort method"-button, and then click "location", and then you might find somebody in your country.
User avatar
PEML94
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Sweden|Gender: Female|Age: 18


Return to General discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron