Monsterboard

Most under-rated Lordi song?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Surma » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:48 pm

For me it's Rebirth of the Countess. I've read so many times that people think it's bad just because it's in French.
Surma

Postby andy4600 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Dr.SinJoy wrote:
PEML94 wrote:
mikroprose wrote:...hate at first sight...

:o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

Not in my opinion! :P
but my yes :D

Hate at first sight is a rather epic song!!! :D
andy4600

Postby Venom-Crawler » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:39 am

andy4600 wrote:
Dr.SinJoy wrote:
PEML94 wrote:
mikroprose wrote:...hate at first sight...

:o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

Not in my opinion! :P
but my yes :D

Hate at first sight is a rather epic song!!! :D

Yeah!!! I love the guitar in Hate At First Sight!
"From Nothing I Came Before , To Nothing I Go - Robert Lowe"
"I'm A Rocker And Nobody's Going To Change That - Rob Halford"
Venom-Crawler

Postby Something Bad Is Coming.. » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:49 am

Blazenaire Alda wrote:I would have to say that Shotgun Divorce is the most underrated song, but there are quite a few which are too

My instinct was for this song too but I also love Hate At First Sight, Beast Loose in Paradise and so many others.

Thing is...what counts as underrated? I'm in Scotland where we get NO Lordi mentions ever so I'm unsure as to what counts as underrated.
Wife: Every Lordi song comes under one of three categories.
Me: How?
Wife: It's either "Something bad is coming.", "Something bad was here." or "I'm something bad and I've just killed you."
ME: Fair enough.
Something Bad Is Coming..

Postby KKE » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Just heard "Fire in the hole" in my car. Put it on a self-made compilation, because it is one of my most favourite Lordi songs.

I really would like to see this song live.

It beats whole BfB. :twisted:
Dinner is served!
KKE

Postby fl4sh » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:01 pm

I think one of the most under-rated songs is Wake the Snake :D I just don't know. But I know, that HRH is most over-rated.
Say bye-bye light, it's Nonstop Nite!
I'm taking back my life today!
Sorry for my english.. :(
fl4sh

Re: Most under-rated Lordi song?

Postby BabezForBreakfast » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:35 pm

dr. sin is in is very good but not excellent :P
BabezForBreakfast

Postby RaceR » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Mr. Killjoy & Wake The Snake...
RaceR

Postby judge death » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:46 pm

RaceR wrote:Mr. Killjoy & Wake The Snake...

Could you please write why you think so?
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby RaceR » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:10 pm

I don't know... I just kinda don't like them and that's all probably...
RaceR

Postby Nilian » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:44 pm

Shotgun Divorce and Dead bugs Bite for me. I may irritate you with these songs but still. They haven't been played live and Dead bugs bite is just a bonus track. But a good one.
They will just be an ember
Yet your flame's burning high
They will not be remembered
Yet your sound is alive
Nilian

Postby Ida » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Hate at First Sight is in my opinion, but I guess it starts to get some spotlight finally!

Else I'd say Dead Bugs Bite... Really. I love the way it sounds and I love the meaning of the song. Or at least how I figure it is about. Beast Loose In Paradise is also one. Once again they are just kickass. And of course Deadache... Might be the best Lordi song ever made... SUPERMONSTARS is also really underrated. IMO.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:51 pm

I would say , My heaven is our hell . For me it,s just the perfect Lordi song , i mean , if you listen closely to the lyrics . I just can see the whole picture playing before my eyes like i,m watching some kind of movie . Some kind of tragic love story between an human girl and a doomed creature that is cursed to live in the shadows of the night . I love it !! But not that many people think that this song is one of their best songs so yes , that,s why i think this is the most underated Lordi song

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:08 am

Fire in the Hole
Man Skin Boot
Evilove (I was so shocked when they played it live!)

...and one of my all time favourites...

HATE AT FIRST SIGHT

LIVING DEAD DOLLIE wrote:I would say , My heaven is our hell . For me it,s just the perfect Lordi song , i mean , if you listen closely to the lyrics . I just can see the whole picture playing before my eyes like i,m watching some kind of movie . Some kind of tragic love story between an human girl and a doomed creature that is cursed to live in the shadows of the night . I love it !! But not that many people think that this song is one of their best songs so yes , that,s why i think this is the most underated Lordi song

My Heaven is Your Hell is my 8 am alarm! :D
Less isn't more; less is less. The more the better; the most the BEST!
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby PEML94 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:49 am

Candy_Bra_Canadian, you're doubleposting, please only use one post.
PEML94

Postby Thomas » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:53 am

And if you don't know how to do it, there's an edit button beside "quote" :)

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby King » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:27 pm

I don't know about the most under-rated, but a damn under-rated song from Lordi catalog is I Am Bigger Than You. It sure does split people. I mean, by opinions. When I first heard the chorus riff I was blown away, but when I heard the whole song from the album I wasn't that happy by the end result (though, from the game I was blown away by the novelty). That might well be the reason for the many opinions on this song - that it doesn't sound rock enough, 'too much synths'. It's not my all-time favorite, but it sure is a good song.

ZombieRawkMachine is one too. Not many have spoke of this piece, might be because it wasn't played on the tour. It's a perfect Lordi song for lazy Sundays; it's relaxing enough, the notes have been (or haven't been) picked with care... The chorus is so mellow and cosy. The only bad part of this song is the C-part, which is quite weird.

For me, Hate at First Sight is far from under-rated. It's not over-rated, though - it deserves all its attention. It's a great song and it should have deserved an album place, but it clearly didn't fit the line of the album.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby judge death » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 pm

To me: I´m bigger than you, is a good song and not anything near bad. The intro sound is great and the song is easy to sing along to. :) But can see why some dislikes it as well but what matters is the persons music taste and that is different to us all. Besides, I´m not so good at music so bad songs to some is to me good. :lol:

So I agree with you King on that. :)
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Blitz » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:48 am

I agree, ZombieRawkMachine is very underrated. I love it. Chainsaw Buffet is pretty underrated too in my opinion. It was one of the first songs that got me hooked on Lordi :D (The first 3 I heard where Hard Rock Hallelujah, Blood Red Sandman, and Chainsaw Buffet. After that I knew I was in love with this band XD)
Blitz

Re:

Postby Alpha_Z » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Blazenaire Alda wrote:I would have to say that Shotgun Divorce is the most underrated song, but there are quite a few which are too

i would have to agree on that :)
Alpha_Z

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:40 am

Well I have no idea for sure what I think is the most under-rated Lordi song. But I think that one I would consider one of the most under-rated Lordi songs is "Monster Monster" I love that song and it's on my list of favourite Lordi songs. I don't think many people like it. :P
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby MonsterMonster21 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Monsterlady38 wrote:Well I have no idea for sure what I think is the most under-rated Lordi song. But I think that one I would consider one of the most under-rated Lordi songs is "Monster Monster" I love that song and it's on my list of favourite Lordi songs. I don't think many people like it. :P

I absolutely love monster monster (that's where my username comes from :lol:) but i think another underrated song by them is The devil hides behind her smile :twisted: .That song out off all the lordi songs is my favorite but it annoys me that most fans don't really appreciate it as much as i do
It was hate at first sight for us darling,The lady and the tramp rabid and snarling,
Awkward lovers and charmers worth mauling,It's a match made in hell, cupid's squalling
MonsterMonster21

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:42 am

MonsterMonster21 wrote:
Monsterlady38 wrote:Well I have no idea for sure what I think is the most under-rated Lordi song. But I think that one I would consider one of the most under-rated Lordi songs is "Monster Monster" I love that song and it's on my list of favourite Lordi songs. I don't think many people like it. :P

I absolutely love monster monster (that's where my username comes from :lol:) but i think another underrated song by them is The devil hides behind her smile :twisted: .That song out off all the lordi songs is my favorite but it annoys me that most fans don't really appreciate it as much as i do

I don't mind that song. :) it sounds like it has a lot of suspense to it. :wink:
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby korovnikovd » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:36 am

I really would like to see Candy for the Cannibal in live version, I was surprised when it wasn't included in the setlist :o . Well, I think that this song is a bit under-rated.

Another unter-rated song is Devil's Lullaby. Very good solo in this song.
korovnikovd

Re:

Postby pessimistic » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:06 am

mikroprose wrote:well i think there is a bunch of songs which are underrated. first all the bonus traks evilove, mr. killjoy and hate at first sight especially which are so amazing songs and just get wasted. then how about shotgun divorce, my heaven is your hell, supermonstars, the night of loving dead or the children of the night...it's just a shame. :?

Hey you have just named my most favourite ones :D
I think the point is that some of the songs just have a different (maybe not so common) structure and that is why some people don't like them - if you listen to the album, of course there are songs that get you completely the first time you listen to them, but other ones need time and repeated listening so that you come to love them ;-)
Don't ask me if I'm crazy - the answer is: yes...
pessimistic

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion