Monsterboard

Lordi Fan Nation - When a fanmag take a new start

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Lordi Fan Nation - When a fanmag take a new start

Postby Isa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:17 pm

He had one since he did layout in past but I let decision be take by who ask me to become layout designer.

I have always be open to all idea, comment or proposition and I shouldn't change that
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby _SYNDICATE_ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Guys, I didn't had any hard feelings about anything. I just suggested myself to design the magazine and that's all. I should've made my posts more clear about what I wanted to say and for you to understand. I talked to judge death and I won't be designer for now, but maybe someday in the future, we'll see how it goes :)
_SYNDICATE_

Postby judge death » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:26 pm

anushka wrote:And again I can´t download it. I tried it right after posting the link here and now and it looks impossible to me :roll:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vuc3up
Test there, megaupload and almost all upload hosts is problematic. Will have the magazine uploaded to the website later.
But this should be sent by pm and not in the thread as we said many times before.

King wrote:
_SYNDICATE_ wrote:I don't want to offend anyone or something, but please let me do design for the magazine. It really looks poor and unprofessional, though the content is pretty good.

I don't want to offend anyone or something, but if it was up to me, I'd give you at least a try.

King don´t get your nose wet by trying to do a decision you do not have the background facts for or do our decisions.
He have had 2 tries already.

It was just a suggestion from Syndicate so you all know and nothing bad meant with it.
Due to his past and our experience from when he worked with the first magazine and the fourth and did some not okay things which made big problems for us and talked today through this together: It is a no to his suggestion and wont be doing the layout for LFN.
Had already 2 chances as I´ve said in the past and that is far too many to get a new one from us.
Both of us is satisfied with it and the whole thing is over.

From now on: If you get problems with downloading the magazine, or send in suggestions, feedback, critics, your opinion about decisions like this one etc: PM IT TO US.(JD or Isa)
Posts with that will be ignored and reported, so pm them in to us rather than writing them in the thread.

Thank you.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby King » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:22 pm

judge death wrote:
King wrote:
_SYNDICATE_ wrote:I don't want to offend anyone or something, but please let me do design for the magazine. It really looks poor and unprofessional, though the content is pretty good.

I don't want to offend anyone or something, but if it was up to me, I'd give you at least a try.

King don´t get your nose wet by trying to do a decision you do not have the background facts for or do our decisions.
He have had 2 tries already.

You took my comment way too seriously. I did not have the background facts so treat the comment as. Don't start anything.

judge death wrote:Thank you.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby PEML94 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Just read the magazine, it was great! :) Right now I'm actually working on a lordi-shorts, so the tips from Isa became handy :wink:
PEML94

Postby Isa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Glad if I can help you even a tiny bit :)

Since it finally did work again.........the website is now update
Isa

Postby Isa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 pm

The new Lordi Fan Nation should come out this week-end. My apologize for little delay but I had a busy planning.

Here is the cover of the next number

Isa

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:48 pm

New magazine is out

You can found it at our website but also on megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7QPMW4Z6) and sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/zy47rf)

Be patient for can have it on megaupload, if really after try more than once you see you still can't have it, contact me by pm but all links where tested before post them and all did work
Isa

Postby PeSadillA » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:58 am

Just finished reading it :D , congratulations as always, you all do an awesome work, and always have interesting stuff in it.
Keep up the good job!

Now im waiting for the next one... but in the meantime i will re read all the past numbers :wink:
PeSadillA

Postby Isa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:51 am

It snow in hell ? Maybe but on LFN for sure :lol:

Here is the cover of the next magazine, it should be published next week.

We get 2 interview this time, one of a fan and one of a member from Lordi's choir, I guess some shouldn't be surprise if I told that member is Caleb aka Darth Maul :mrgreen:
Isa

Postby Isa » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 am

Isa again :mrgreen:

You touch that L talking finnish in front of camera was a big change ? you should found out in this magazine that it was nothing against what they would him to do (and what they luckyli don't get)

The new LFN is avalaible on our new website : http://lordifannation.com/

We fully get ride of our previous host (with who we have had a lot of problems) and totally redo website, we hope that with do that we could finally arrange some of the problems you could have. Website get tested on different browser and different version of it (new like older), IF you still see the website don't appear correctly, send us a pm or a mail with explain which browser you have and how it appaer by you and we should see for arrange it.

Hope you should like and most important that it should have arrange problems, now enjoy the new magazine :)
Isa

Postby Milred Sandman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:50 am

Isa wrote:Isa again :mrgreen:

You touch that L talking finnish in front of camera was a big change ? you should found out in this magazine that it was nothing against what they would him to do (and what they luckyli don't get)

The new LFN is avalaible on our new website : http://lordifannation.com/

We fully get ride of our previous host (with who we have had a lot of problems) and totally redo website, we hope that with do that we could finally arrange some of the problems you could have. Website get tested on different browser and different version of it (new like older), IF you still see the website don't appear correctly, send us a pm or a mail with explain which browser you have and how it appaer by you and we should see for arrange it.

Hope you should like and most important that it should have arrange problems, now enjoy the new magazine :)
Nice! :D I enjoyed reading it. :)

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Rubenlink » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Great magazine, like usual! :D And the new website is very good, it's also much easier to download the magazine itself. Great work, and I can't wait until the next magazine comes! :)

RIP Otus!
Rubenlink

Postby anushka » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Ok, I just finished reading the article about "Lordi family". And I have to say... yes, Lordi likes every fan of them but they also have their favourite ones. Think about it what you want but it´s just a fact you can´t change it.
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Isa » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Like we say in the magazine

All articles are written by fans and their texts are 100 % made of them and they are free to say their opinions and thoughts in their texts.

Like you say we all are free to think about it what we want and on this point there isn't any fact, except if you are in their head, since no one are it should never be a fact but only a opinion
Isa

Postby anushka » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Well, I know what I know and feel some things. I don´t want to start any fight but it´s like that. That´s all.
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Isa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:48 pm

The next Lordi Fan Nation should be a special one in hommage of Otus
Isa

Postby Vilce » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:48 pm

I didn't want to write any PMs and I hope to escape random stupid questions from people this way...
I know, it's a bad timing, but I'll use the fact the next mag is going to be a homage, so most likely my services won't be needed...

I'd wish to resign, so to say.

I have forgotten what I wanted to write further on in the story, but more important is the fact that I do not find any inspiration in Lordi any longer. Of course, it was great time writing the fanfic and all, but... I feel it doesn't pose me a challange any longer. I even feel like it'd be some sort of a Wraith draining my writing abilities :( And let's face it, I also don't really believe many people are reading it in the first place :lol:
Besides, I have other, mostly original projects I'd wish to concentrate on and which take my whole skills and effort, and this fanfic is just kind of standing in the way.

I am also not that kind of a fan I used to be before BfB :| If I am not a fan on that level any longer, I just can't write a decent story. I think I should stop before it becomes horible and stupid.
So, I hope you, guys, understand, same as I hope you can find a new writer or fill the fanfiction's place with something of a more worth :)

--Lady Troll out :lol:
Vilce

Postby PEML94 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:05 pm

I understand :) Good luck with your other projects! ^^
PEML94

Postby Isa » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 pm

A big thank you for your work, it was really appreciated be sure of that

When it's about the story part it should continue. We found someone who accept to write for us. For the moment not sure at all there shoud be one or not in next number but for sure it shouldn't had be your, IF there is one then it's one focus on Otus
Isa

Postby Isa » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Like you know Lordi Fan Nation would like to give him a homage in a special number, but for that we will need you.

There are different kind of things that you can do, you can do what you want, like you feel it :

- A drawing or fan art in general
- Told us anecdotes about Otus, even it’s indirectly about him
- If there is something about him that you would like to say (or something you would have liked to tell to him)

You can send us that by mail at lordifannation@gmail.com and we will use it in our next magazine

Thanks to all who will help us to give him the homage he deserves
Isa

Postby Isa » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Normally the n°1 of 2012 should must soon be published but we decided do not do it, all articles planned are reported. We take this decision because we prefer focus on the special edition about Otus.

About special edition we don't know yet when it should be published. We desire can give the time and take the time needed for do it good.
Isa

Postby Isa » Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Sorry for triple post but our magazine "tribute to Otus" is now available on our website

Isa

Postby judge death » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:14 am

Hi all Lordi fans out there!

We have some big news, maybe the biggest since the start of LFN:

Sadly our normal lifes have caught up with us, neither I or Isa or some writers have the time to make fully dedicated magazines anymore, so the coming one will be the last one.
Reason is as I said: Time, to have full time jobs, projects in my case, school, education, life issues etc make it clear it isnt possible to keep on going anymore.

We wont stop to exist, we will have articles and interviews and such put to the website instead and focus on getting some bugs and problems on it sorted out but as a magazine it is the end.

It might come back in the future when we have writers and enough people behind it and time, maybe even with someone else in charge than me, feel free to contact me about it if interested.

Until then: Thanks for all and all people who have been in LFN now and in the past, people helping, and all readers, been a great time!

JD
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Previous

Return to General discussion