Monsterboard

Lordi Fan Nation - When a fanmag take a new start

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby King » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:55 am

Isa wrote:I didn't comment on idea 'cos that's something I should talk with the other of the team before say yes or no

But fact stay same, if idea ain't bad, who can do it ?

Eesti write already on a lot of thing (review, news.... depend), NWH, JD and myself share us already article and we try that one personne don't need write too much

We need someone who know what is rare, who accept to write and who should do it every 3 months then if I follow the idea

No you didn't comment the idea.

Depending on the actual item, I could. Depending ofc do I have it. :)

Other idea is that every third month some Monsterboard user presents their most precious and best Lordi thing that they have, with review and picture. :wink:
King

Postby judge death » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Joni and king: Both of your ideas are great and would love to see that in the magazine. :) But since joni agrees on that he writes short texts from what I can see in his and kings reply I guess that means king should do it?

So king; would you like to write this seasons most rare and precious Lordi item or the a Lordi fans most precious item? The articles size would be 1 page but 2 pages is OK when we have the space for it, but would prefer one page. Unless you do both articles or do a mix you could get 2 pages.
So what do you say? :) If you have other ideas or want more pages etc then just contact me or LFN team.

Great ideas and I salute you for coming up with them, great initiative. :)

Well some questions to the readers:
Would you like the intro and outro pages to be left or do you want them gone and replaced with more articles instead or something else? :)

As you know we do very mixed articles and some reviews and history etc articles but no chronicle or montage pages or any other types, so we wonder if you would like to see something like that?
Or other ideas for the magazine you would like to see?

All ideas and feedback are very welcomed.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby King » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:05 pm

judge death wrote:So king; would you like to write this seasons most rare and precious Lordi item or the a Lordi fans most precious item? The articles size would be 1 page but 2 pages is OK when we have the space for it, but would prefer one page. Unless you do both articles or do a mix you could get 2 pages.
So what do you say? :) If you have other ideas or want more pages etc then just contact me or LFN team.

Great ideas and I salute you for coming up with them, great initiative. :)

Umm... what's the deadline? And what's the item? Is it now that 'my personal favourite Lordi stuff' that I write about? Let's see if I can get 1 page up.
King

Postby judge death » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Sends a pm soon. :wink:
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Isa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:53 pm

The magazine is online

With your opinion about costume, a interview of RIKK (Lordi's tour manager) and many more that I let you discover

Can take time for appear first time but it's faster than previous

If you have a problem or that you have a low connection you can contact me by pm (or mail), I should always try to help as fast I can.

If some of you have same problem than last time, contact me by pm.

You can found a rar of the magazine here : http://www.lordifannation.org/lfn3-2010.rar

Now enjoy and hope you should like it :D
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Sooophie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Thanks Isa, I'm going to check it out :o
Sooophie

Postby Gohu » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Isa wrote:The magazine is online

With your opinion about costume, a interview of RIKK (Lordi's tour manager) and many more that I let you discover

Can take time for appear first time but it's faster than previous

If you have a problem or that you have a low connection you can contact me by pm (or mail), I should always try to help as fast I can.

If some of you have same problem than last time, contact me by pm.

You can found a rar of the magazine here : http://www.lordifannation.org/lfn3-2010.rar

Now enjoy and hope you should like it :D

The download is kinda loooooong, I think that upload it on megaupload would go way faster.
Gohu

Postby Isa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:39 pm

We had try megaupload and it was better only for a part when majority couldn't even access 'cos too slow or too much connection

It's long 'cos it's a heavy files who need to open. We limitated by ourself the maximum of page we do for not make it too heavy.

Edit : Read what JD post he's more clear than me :wink:
Last edited by Isa on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isa

Postby judge death » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:40 pm

We have already tried megaupload in the past but it want the readers to become members for being able to download the files fast and without promotional and there is a download limit for each day so when that limit is reached you have to wait another day until you can read again. Plus there is limits on the size of files and other demands so it worked better with the website. But if you still want it to megaupload then pm me and I take care of that. :)
judge death

Postby Gohu » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Okay, I'll send you a pm because the download is so slow that my navigator cancel it automatically ! :(
Gohu

Postby TheBear » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:38 pm

So the menu and JD intro are great. Download was canceled so this is what I got.

I suggest you register to http://www.mediafire.com.

It's free with UNLIMITED upload/download capabilities (they say).
TheBear

Postby Isa » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Mediafire I once get that my antivirus react on it, not website but advertising there and I don't desire take risk our reader get a virus

I pm you for your problem of cancelation :wink:

But I ask me how it come that cancel 'cos before post here I test by me if files open correctly
Isa

Postby judge death » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Ahh well since it has been problems to download the magazines, especially the bigger ones, I uploaded it to those sites so here you can download the nr 3 2010 magazine. If there are a demand for all magazines by this form I could do that as well.

Note: those link will stop to work after 90 days if no one downloads it. So from the last download it will disappear after 90 days if no one keeps downloading it.

Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7326j5vq4 ... 202010.pdf

and here is from megaupload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HX0WI4HA
judge death

Postby anushka » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:58 pm

Gohu wrote:Okay, I'll send you a pm because the download is so slow that my navigator cancel it automatically ! :(

I have the same problem. My PC always stops the downloading before the finishing :?
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Isa » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm

anushka wrote:
Gohu wrote:Okay, I'll send you a pm because the download is so slow that my navigator cancel it automatically ! :(

I have the same problem. My PC always stops the downloading before the finishing :?

I directly send you a pm

We are on talk with JD about problem for found solution

When website should be redo I should test with slow connection too for found the best way for all
Isa

Postby _eesti999_ » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Wow. It only takes 8 hours and 45 minutes to complete :roll:
_eesti999_

Postby judge death » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:08 pm

From the hosts as media and megaupload it takes for me 3 minutes to download so I guess it have with internet connection and how good computer you have. From the website it goes faster and slower as well. Looking into this but please pm instead of writing it in the thread.
judge death

Postby _eesti999_ » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:36 pm

I got it finally.
I like interview with Rikk. Great job!
7 nationalities in the tour bus? :shock:
_eesti999_

Postby judge death » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Good to hear you managed to download it. :)

Ahh well since there are so much problems apparently, I uploaded rest of the magazines to megaupload so here they are:

LFN nr 1 2008:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T8OC5KJQ

LFN nr 2 2008:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9JVRXYEM

LFN nr 3 2009:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KK1KTNT6

LFN nr 4 2009:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NFI53NFA

LFN nr 5 2009:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NPOV3T00

LFN nr 1 2010:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JUO718GX

LFN nr 2 2010:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SSAJY0BY

LFN nr 3 2010:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HX0WI4HA

Note: Sometimes the text say that the file aren't available or it is temporary gone, but don't worry, wait some time and try again or the next day. The host seems to make the files not possible to open all the time or a download limit has been reached so everyone must then wait a day or some time. It is also probably that it want the owner of the files to upgrade to premium user and then have to pay some euros for everything to work a bit better and not have to wait etc. The exactly same thing as on rapidshare, mediafire etc.

IF you cant download it from these links then test to do that on another computer or at a library or at school etc because it works for some and for some not, depends on what type of computer, programs etc. IF it still don't work then pm or get my msn and if you have msn you can easily get the file direct from me. Our website will be looked over to see what we can do about those who cant download from there, myself have had that error sometimes but the newest magazine I could download easily, but else you can test to download it several times, works sooner or later.
But trust me: We are doing all we can and at the moment there isn't much else we can do, We cant do anything to the problems which some can have from trying to download from sites like megaupload and the website we will change and upgrade but it will take time.
IF there is something we can do we will and advices are welcomed.
judge death

Postby mr.Linoge » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Awesome :twisted:
mr.Linoge

Postby Doomality » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:22 am

I'm reading the newest issue as of right now and all I can say is that it's great! :) The design, layout, and information is very well done! Despite what many say on here, I really think you guys are doing an excellent job with this magazine. Keep on going! Do not let others bring you down. This is great and you should keep making more. :)
Doomality

Postby King » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Last edited by King on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Crispy-chan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:18 pm

I think the idea of a Lordi magazine is great! I'll be sure to check it out, i do have Adobe Reader and have downloaded similar files (comicbooks) and read them on Adobe reader before without troubles, so i suppose it should work.
I'm just your average 13 year old girl who loves rock 'n roll \m/
Oh how i wish Lordi would come to Denmark. <3
Crispy-chan

Postby Crispy-chan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:45 am

Crispy-chan wrote:I think the idea of a Lordi magazine is great! I'll be sure to check it out, i do have Adobe Reader and have downloaded similar files (comicbooks) and read them on Adobe reader before without troubles, so i suppose it should work.

Just read it, an wauw, it was great! I liked how the little Mr. Lordi silhouette displayed the page number. I especially like the way you did page 21, making it look as if the text was written with a pen in a notebook.
I thought about something i've seen in other magazines. Maybe there could be a section where the fans could send in their photos of fanart, or pictures of them together with the band or something else Lordi-related, and then you'd pick the best to show in the magazine. Like this pet magazine for children i used to read when i was young, they also had a section where you cold send photos of your pets, and then they'd choose best photo of the month. It's the same concept i have in mind :)
Or maybe something where fans could send in questions (Lordi-related questions, of course.) and have them answered, also something i've seen in another magazine. (This magazine offered the readers to send in questions about celebrities.)
These were just things i remembered enjoying when reading other magazines, so i thought i'd bring it up as suggestions.
Otherwise, i think everyone involved did a great job on it! :)
I'm just your average 13 year old girl who loves rock 'n roll \m/
Oh how i wish Lordi would come to Denmark. <3
Crispy-chan

Postby Isa » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks for giving your opinion :D

About the draw and art everybody is free to send it to us. When we have some we publish them too. This Fan Corner depend of what we get but all can send us with pleasure :)

About the pictures, I have mind do it but after the tour and I had more in mind this side "tour mean Monstermaniacs meeting". Your kind of idea can be mind too.

And last, about question, there I prefer let JD react since it was do but before I work in LFN
Isa

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion