Monsterboard

Lordi Fan Nation - When a fanmag take a new start

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby _eesti999_ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:34 pm

I really like this number. I don't know if it is the best interview (with a band/crew member), because for now, I like Rikk's interview the most. :) But I really like eesti999's corner and interview with him...
_eesti999_

Postby Jullie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm really impressed. I mean, you sacrificed your time for it and it's really cool :wink: The interview was interesting and I like the way that Mr. Lordi is answering the questions, if you know what I mean- he's so funny :D I felt weird when reading all that things about Kita- I'm still sad that he left. Album's ranking was nice too even if I'm not agreed on that :wink: And nice outro. Again I'm really impressed and great job and I think LFN is just.. great :D
Jullie

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:21 am

King wrote:Plus would have been great to have the Lordi album ranking done without an opinion, not like "it's weakest of the bunch" but more of "this could fit a fan who likes..." if you get my point. But that was good this way too. ;)

It was a personal opinion, an editorial if you prefer. READ before you comment.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby King » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:45 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:
King wrote:Plus would have been great to have the Lordi album ranking done without an opinion, not like "it's weakest of the bunch" but more of "this could fit a fan who likes..." if you get my point. But that was good this way too. ;)

It was, I can see that. It could have been made without an opinion and thus been more interesting for me personally.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:11 pm

King wrote:
Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:

It was, I can see that. It could have been made without an opinion and thus been more interesting for me personally.

If you don't understand the idea of a personal opinion in a magazine/ newsletter, then please never read serious newspapers or the New Yorker.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Ida » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:43 pm

I work as a musicreviewer, and all my reviews are personal, since they are not supposed to be neutral, they are gonna tell what feeling you get off the album and such, and then you have to get personal.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby King » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:51 pm

NWH, Your article was great and neutral enough.
King

Postby Ida » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:02 pm

An article has to neutral, but a review is putting in opinions :)
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Isa » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:06 pm

About NWH article it was clear that it should not be neutral but when in title you have "A personal view" writed you know what kind of article you should read.

From there a ranking is never 100% neutral, even if we write it, with in head, what majority can mind or like. For album review, when write about Amen's solo I did mind on what some fans had say about it but still it ain't neutral, ok it's more neutral that if it had be a solo of OX

But I can understand all opinion, some should prefer without comment, others prefer with, everybody have different taste
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby King » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:11 pm

I know it had to be and was a personal view on the albums, and turned out pretty neutral and really great, but what I first was saying was that I would like to see a neutral look on the albums someday. I'm not eager to argument on Christmas.
King

Postby Isa » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:16 pm

I don't argument, I just explain better about this part but I understand your view of a ranking and for me it's a idea to hold for a futur magazine, like in 2 years for next album. (for example)
Isa

Postby King » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:39 pm

You don't, I do, NWH does.
King

Postby judge death » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:06 am

On request: Here is the latest magazine nr 4 uploaded on sendspace.com:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nmd308

Under testing to see if it is better than mega upload or not. :)

We are now searching after people who would like to take LFN to youtube with some videos about the band and be something a magazine cant do. Such as Lordi movie reviewer or do some special videos which are unique and innovative. :) That group will work alone and use their own ideas and have almost free hands.
If interested contact me.

Want to sell or buy Lordi merch and want to get people to see your announce?
Well then send in to us what you want to sell or buy and your email and we can have your announced in the magazine for all readers on mb and fans who aren't here can see it. :)

Do you want to tell about your gig experiences during the last tour and maybe show a picture you are proud of? Then why not have it in LFN and be a part of a tour memories article? :) Or something else from the tour you would like to share, thank some people or the band?
Contact me if so.

Also we are searching after all kinds of people who would like to do their dreams and ideas true which is related to Lordi or to the magazine, we almost welcome all kinds of ideas you have. :)
Just tell them and it might happen. :)

LFN staff

Important note:
Due to outside problems out of our hands which we can´t do anything about, out old email can´t be used anymore so please, send all questions LFN related to our new email:
lordifannation@gmail.com

We apologize for it and do our best to not let it happen again.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Isa » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Lordi Fan Nation is now also on twitter :wink:

http://twitter.com/LordiFanNation
Isa

Postby miss_brutality » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:21 pm

:D Following
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby PeSadillA » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Thats such a cool and well done magazine,i been reading it since its 2nd number and always want some more, i want to congratulate the LFN staff, you do a great work. :wink: Thanks for your hard work!
PeSadillA

Postby judge death » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Thank you, but it thanks to you people who read it which makes it possible to exist. :)

Want to thank the whole crew of LFN for all efforts and you have done a superb job and can be proud of. Also a big thank you to all who have worked in the past for us and helped us and if I can repay you in some way then just tell and I gladly do my best. :)

Well the newest magazine: LFN nr 1 2011 is now published and can be found at our website at: www.lordifannation.org
There you can also find link to where you can download it if the download process fails. If all that fails then: Contact me and I fix it for you. :)

Here is the front cover:

We have done some changes in the magazine so feel welcome to say if you prefer the old way or have a completely different idea or anything. :)

Hope you like it and enjoy reading it.

If you want to write or work for LFN or have ideas then contact JD, no one else. If you are young it can give you work experience which makes it easier finding a job.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Isa » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:02 pm

In the thanks I should like add IA, 'cos if we can make you win the "This Is Heavy Metal" single it's thanks to her
Isa

Postby King » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Just finished reading the Amen interview. Really, really, really great to read. A lot of new things to know. Mostly these kinds of interviews haven't offered much of new, but this was a lot of fun to read, thank you very much! :)
King

Postby Erina » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:24 pm

King wrote:Just finished reading the Amen interview. Really, really, really great to read. A lot of new things to know. Mostly these kinds of interviews haven't offered much of new, but this was a lot of fun to read, thank you very much! :)

Damn, King, you stole my words >_< But yeah, I really really really loved it! (As I do almost everything Amen related.) It was just plain awesome interview, so much fun to read.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby anushka » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Good to know that me and my friend aren´t the only people who think OX is like teddy :lol:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Isa » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:44 pm

After interview one of my first reaction was pretty same than you and I told to Amen that I did love and agree with the word choose for OX

That and the Dark Floors answer :lol:
Isa

Postby Sooophie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Just one word comes out: Amazing. I didn't see the time flies when I've read it. For me; Best LFN ever. Great job to everyone who participed to LFN, what you do is so cool, everything was just perfect. Cool interview, cool reviews of everything, good fans opinions. But nobody asked mine :lol: . Can't wait to be in june!!
Sooophie

Postby _eesti999_ » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Isa, my answer. That Dark Floors answer was just :lol:

Do I send the contest questions to LFN e-mail?
_eesti999_

Postby Isa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Yes, you can send them to LordiFanNation@gmail.com

If you want try to win the 'This is heavy metal" single don't be afraid, it's who found the most right answers not who don't make any fault :wink:

You have totally nothing to lose with take a try but well a single who can be yours
Isa

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion