Monsterboard

A constructive rant about Lordi

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

A constructive rant about Lordi

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:28 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen of monsterboard, Lordi members if you care to read this following statement...

I have, of late, found it hard to discuss this matter, only in private with a small number of people, but under encouragement from fellow peers, and this goes so heavily with my disposition, that I must write what is troubling my mind and heart, and spill what has been bothering me for the past couple of months. I would like to warn that this is a highly critical post, but its intention is not too offend, to alienate, or separate. It is to shed light on some issues that I hope can be resolved (or at least would love to)

My complaint with Lordi starts with the management. A poster here once said to change the management, and after a few years, I think I finally understand what he means. I would love to see Lordi perform in all their glory on stage. It's just not the same with only the music: the visuals really help us sink into what Lordi is all about. Yet I cannot, for there are practically no concerts in my surrounding area. The closest is a 3 hour train or bus ride from where I live if they possibly played Poland, or overseas. Now, I know more dates might be announced, and all this complaining might be for nothing, but that is not the issue. How can the band and touring manger hope to gain more fans, if they give 6 concerts in Germany, 2 in France (which is about the same size as Germany) and completely leave Norway (so close to Finnland) bare without any tours, same as Poland, as well as Russia with only 2? I am NOT wishing less tours on anyone, nor do I wish anyone ill of it. But as a dedicated fan, I would love to see a band I spend so much time and interest into live. I know it is up to the management, but honestly, how can Lordi break new territory if they keep sticking to the same countries over and over? I know the most fans come from there, and obviously, there are more German fans than say Lordi fans, but if Lordi completely disregard others, the remaining fans who cannot see Lordi in other countries (such as myself, I am too poor to travel sporadically out of the country, it took me half a year and my parent's input to help buy my ticket to America for the holidays) will stop caring at all and Lordi won't come at all, upsetting that small group of "true believers"

This touches upon a rather dark subject that I am trying to avoid, but cannot: Mr. Lordi himself. I love the man. I really do. He is a talented singer, composer, artists, sculptor and frontman. He is still my idol, and meeting him was one of the finest moments of my life. Yet I feel, and please, do not brandish your pitchforks at me, that he just cannot manage the band too well. Or should I rephrase this...He has the heart and soul, yet lacks the experience. Now please, read to the end before you hate me. I thought the Dark Floors movie was okay. Sure, a nice way to promote the band. Who, outside of a small hardcore group of horror fans, and Lordi fans, has seen the movie? Even yet, was making a movie WORTH it (in a financial manner) when it was a total flop at the box office due to Lordi's fading popularity? The fact that the movie was universally bashed by critics didn't help. I might not have expected "Gone with the Wind" from it, but it didn't meet the standards I had thought. As something of a critic, I am not enforcing my opinion that the movie was terrible to the bone. But let's be honest here...who pops in the movie at a regular basis and watches it?
Ozzfest 2007, there's a touchy subject. Lordi's first tour in America, and I defended them as loudly as I could from the so called "haters". But Ozzfest is not the best place to play, especially to the so called metal-heads. Yes, Ozzfest attracts some of the most mind-numbing people on the planet, and I speak from personal experience. Not everyone who attends the festival is a toolbag. But booing and yelling and throwing crap on stage? There are many bands I could hardly give two shits about, but if they are playing, I will not be an asshat and ruin their performance, because I am sure there are other people who would love to see the band perform without someone being a doofus. Doing Ozzfest for free, in the end, was a financially hurtful move for the band. There's no reason to hide it. Deadache's nonexistant marketing also stroke back. Granted, this was to be expected, considered The Arockalypse's powerful Eurovision hype. Without it, Lordi wouldn't have been able to do so much in the next 2 years of their existance via band matters. The lack of promotion, again, stuck as no upcoming concert posters, flyers. Most of the people I talked to would have gone to see Lordi, but didn't find out about the concerts till after the fact!
This is Mr. Lordi's dream. I am not demanding he change his vision or totally rethink it. It is his baby he nurtured from childhood. Every person however, does make errors, and they don't seem to be changing for the better. I know Mr. L idolizes Gene Simmons, but applying KISS tactics to Lordi will not work, and will only piss off fans (as, with all due respect, Mr Greed Simmons has already done to most KISS fans)

Merchandising. I love it. You love it. Hell, if I had the money, I would spend it all on Lordi merchandise. But I can't. Why? Simple reality. I am a college student, I have a hectic schedule (it's still vacation for us, that's why I have time to write this) I work and pay my OWN bills. I do everything by myself, work to support myself. I come from a poor family, I cannot afford many lovely things that I would want. And yes, as any person, once the bills are paid, I would like to treat myself to something a little nice, that I can afford. Beer, a night out, a CD (buying music...who does that anymore?!) going to a cinema, or buying a piece of Lordi merchandise. However, this is beyond impossible. The prices and quality of merchandise at Rokkikaupa makes my hair grey. I cannot afford shirts at over 20 euro (which is almost 60 zloty) What do I have to do with 60 zloty? It's 20 dollars, and I have to live with that amount (bus tickets, food, photocopies) for a week. Not easy. Now, I know times are hard in the music business, CD's don't sell, and merch and ticket prices are what bands make money off of. Yet how can I buy this wonderful stuff, when I cannot afford it, much less pay for ridiculous shipping prices to my country?! The quality is not great either...I can but a MUCH cheaper..oh..say Iron Maiden shirt fo half that price and 2x the quality. I know that Iron Maiden is a high point compared to Lordi, but goddamn it, Lordi are not some small indie band! It is little surprise then, that people don't buy much merch (well...except for one man here), and download the albums illegally. I do not blame those people. How can I? If they can't afford it, with CD prices being ridiculously high, or if the album is never avaiable and costs a pretty penny to import, most people would just say "Fuck this" and download the album.

Oh, but of course, those people aren't real fans! How dare they! Yes yes...this talk comes from this forum...which leads me to my next point.

This all pinnacles into the final issue that I believe to be most controversial, yet seemingly the least obvious: the fans. Yes, I said it, the fans of monsterboard. I can be branded a "hater" or a wretched person in general, but remember, this is NOT a personal attack against anyone. This is not intended to strike with maliciousness and bitterness towards the forum members, simply to show a much maligned problem. The problem we (I speak for more than myself) is the overall attitude. There is strong dislike and angst towards younger fans, as well as "yes-men" and older fans. Instead of forming a bridge between Lordi fans, constant bickering, division, and ridicule strike at every corner. I am not a saint, and I myself have gotten into pointless arguments and frustrations that only caused more trouble than it's worth. The old fans constantly complain about the new fans (sometimes rather harshly and unjustly) while the new fans tend to act lkess maturely than usual. Soon, all young members have fled, and we are left with a measly number of newly registed users who either flee to different forums, rarely post, or just stop coming in general. While it is necessary to school the younguns in proper forum posting, users should not play admin. If the admins are having trouble keeping up, perhaps they should seek more moderators. Not an excess, but perhaps 2 more people who could help maintain order and regulation throughout the forum who can access monsterboard more often.

Discussions such as "this doesn't go here" or "post this in the spoilers topic!!!" more than once in a selected topic can get tiresome and cumbersome to read. If someone told a member that they posted a message in the wrong section, ONE PERSON is enough. We don't need more teeling the person they made an error just to hit up the number of posts someone has. And since people do not wish to be spoiled, simply do not read about the album until it comes out! Pointless topics will be useless in a couple of days, and, I believe, if I want to post something in an official album topic that pertains to it, I damn well have the right to do it. Whether anyone READS it is another manner.

Granted, we all have favorite era's of Lordi. We could both love Lordi, and yet you can say one album is better, whilst I disagree, and we could stand touching noses for a week at a time, and never see eye to eye. We don't have to, but we can RESPECT and honor another person's opinion on a matter, and try to have a civilized debate without name calling and harassement. If someone loves Lordi and thinks they "shit rainbows (to quote a phrase) let them believe so. It is their choice, you and I can disagree, but if they believe it and it helps them get through the day, why bother arguing about it? Yes-men will be yes-men. No-men....will be no-men. It's the matter of opinions, and yes, they are just like assholes, everyone has them.

This is the end of my rant. Again, this is NOT an attack on anyone here. Or the band. I LOVE Lordi, for they helped me more in a time of great need for me then most of you can imagine. It is just that sometimes the greatest thing you can do about being a fan, is to take a step back and try to be fair, reasonable, and constructively critical.
Thank you.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Mooneyman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm one of the people who's assisted Michal in this and I honestly feel this input is needed. Badly.

First off, Michal here is a real fan. And I mean a serious one. He's hugely devoted, he idolises Mr. Lordi to a huge extent and I can honestly say he's not only intelligent but very fair to others.

I don't feel this thread deserves any sort of criticism, deletion, or labelling as being a hater - because every word is true.

Lordi are very talented, sure, we know that, and we know that Mr. Lordi has a lot of skill under his belt, but I think the reasons here can be seen as a cause of a huge lack in appreciation.

I have a strong feeling that reaction to this is going to be of the Lordi-shield variety and if this thread gets deleted it only closes a point in my mind.

Also, to prove the whole merchandising thing...

The 'Head' T-shirt on Rokkikauppa:
This T shirt is unappealing, boring, and simplistic. There's nothing much to really care about with it and it's just...ugly.
This costs twenty five euros.

The Iron Maiden 'Mummy' Tshirt on emp-online - this was £14.99, now £11.99.

Which is honestly worth more money here?

For all who don't know, a euro is worth about 0.8 British pounds.

On top of that, the Lordi hoodie is ridiculously overpriced in any world. There is no way around that.

Now granted, I am not a band's manager and Lordi and Iron Maiden are on whole different terms in success. But I feel that this is ridiculous. I don't think it can be justified. If it can, please do so - but I know of few people willing to pay that much for a relatively uninteresting hoodie.

Lordi's merchandise isn't very interesting to look at either, if I may say so. It's very bland.
Mooneyman

Re: A constructive rant about Lordi

Postby Isa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:59 pm

My complaint with Lordi starts with the management. A poster here once said to change the management, and after a few years, I think I finally understand what he means.

Honestly I don't know for manager but I know that last tour my mind was that they should better change from tour agent, I still mind it but at same time it's hard to really judge when we don't know if guys really try and do his work or not but still my opinion stay.

How can the band and touring manger hope to gain more fans, if they give 6 concerts in Germany, 2 in France (which is about the same size as Germany)

One of the reason why I found they better change from tour manager. I like that they do gigs in France since it's most easy for me but fact is that I still mind that 4 gigs for deadache was too much there (2 is good for France) and that they better do less gigs in one coutry but make more different country

Ozzfest 2007, there's a touchy subject. Doing Ozzfest for free, in the end, was a financially hurtful move for the band.

Clearly, could have be a good advertising but I'm not sure it was even there is more american fans since then and that I still mind they have their chance there.

From other side it was a experience of life who maybe bring negatif, maybe make it more hard for them but also bring them so many good memory that I can understand their choice to do it

There's no reason to hide it. Deadache's nonexistant marketing also stroke back.

The lack of promotion, again, stuck as no upcoming concert posters, flyers. Most of the people I talked to would have gone to see Lordi, but didn't find out about the concerts till after the fact!

I have can see the same, no poster (or rarely), promotion only day of gig.

But at same time here they say it on website, Twitter, Facebook and all and you still can read that some ask "do you come in france ?" (for example)

This is Mr. Lordi's dream.

I'm pretty sure it's not only his dream, other shouldn't accept to do it all if they didn't like it too

But it's true that he realise a dream and I think they see that as priority more than money or be more popular they just want do what they like

Good or not that's something else

While it is necessary to school the younguns in proper forum posting, users should not play admin. If the admins are having trouble keeping up, perhaps they should seek more moderators. Not an excess, but perhaps 2 more people who could help maintain order and regulation throughout the forum who can access monsterboard more often.

Good explain, thanks
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby anushka » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:42 am

When I saw your post, Nightmare Wings Hell, I wanted to say: "OMG, I hate you that I have to translate it whole." :lol: Ok, now stop with joking...

I so agree with you. Althought there are 2 gigs in Czech so I can´t say anything against tour management. BUT I know fans (some of them I can call friends) who haven´t luck and Lordi won´t come to their country. Of course there is still chance for the 2nd leg (which is very possible).

I also saw many fault with marketing of Deadache. How you said we could wait that some year after the Eurovision won´t be the same... I mean the selling albums, etc.
Sometimes I see the power of saying about Lordi in fans and fan pages. Of course I mean those pages where is said only true and important things... not any girly blogs who wants to look cool how they listen to very heavy metal band Lordi.

You said about the merchandise everything I think. Sometimes it´s just better to buy Lordi T-shirt fron non official sellers or make your own T-shirt. I always have to laugh when I see that someone posts the link with non official Lordi stuff and always anyone says that it´s pirate. WE KNOW THAT... but say me who has the money to buy official stuffs? It´s a bit sad there is only one official shop for Europe :(

And I agree what you about the forum situation in Miscellaneous babbling topic. I didn´t comment your post but very agreed. I think evey band has "kids fan base" and those older ones always say "haha, you´re only stupid kid" or at least they think it. What I see here in czech there most of fans younger than me and I´m 22 so I can´t call me old :lol: It can´t go without younger fans. Of course it´s a bit annoying to read the same posts... I mean sometimes when I read the posts in Lordi´s facebook it´s very funny. But you can´t do anything with it only wait and hope they will see one day what they wrote and will laugh too. I can speak from my own practice. When I read what I was able to write about the bands (not only Lordi) it´s really fun for whole day :lol:
I don´t want to say that younger fans are bad or something. Every bands needs those fans. And you can say that it´s nice that those people listen to such good band and not some kind of shit like hip hop. We can take it also from this side :lol:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby filc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:08 am

Deadache merch was bad and expensive. I don't have anything from that, even not a shirt (and I buy a lot of bands shirts...).
Last edited by filc on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A virgin sacrificed in the blood ritual ? Damn she should've had sex !"
filc

Postby Lilyth Von Gore » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:24 am

Just to comment about the whole "Lordi not playing in XXXX" thing.
That's not Lordi's fault, nor is it their management.
It's their promoter, and it's also the venue.

I do some work in promotion of the band Eluveitie.
For two years I have tried to get Eluveitie to come here to Scotland, and all to no avail.
Why?
Because of money. Rock The Nation, the people who talk to the venues and try to get Eluveitie to perform there. They wanted way too much money. They asked for £1000 to bring Eluveitie over here from Switzerland. There was no way that we could afford that.

So, if Lordi don't come to your country, it doesn't mean that they don't want to or that their management sucks. It's due to the fact that their tour promotioners, like Rock The Nation, don't have enough money to pay for flights, tour bus and accomodation for the band. That costs a LOT of money, more than the band makes from producing albums and whatnot. You have to see it from another point of view, you really do.

Just saying.
If you want Lordi to come to your country, talk to the band and find out if they can tour with another bigger band who may come to your country and would be willing to bring Lordi with them. That's how Eluveitie did it. They managed to get on a tour with Devil Driver, who are coming to Glasgow, so, I'm getting to see my friends live on stage.

It may be just tha case that Lordi aren't big enough in your country or city to get a gig there.
Lilyth Von Gore

Postby Thomas » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:08 am

I asked Mr. Lordi, face to face: "Why don't you come to Norway?" He answered: "We really want's to, the problem is that there's not any demands for us in Norway"
Thomas

Postby Lilyth Von Gore » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:57 pm

[quote="Thomas"]I asked Mr. Lordi, face to face: "Why don't you come to Norway?" He answered: "We really want's to, the problem is that there's not any demands for us in Norway"[/quote

Exactly.
I mean, there may be a Hell of a lot of people who want them to come to Norway, but it may not be enough.
Again, like Eluveitie. I know for a fact that there are at least 100 people who wanted them to come to Glasgow, but that wasn't enough. And next to no people in Dundee were interested (that's 'cause Dundee is Pop central. Ugh *shudder*).

You just need to get more people interested in bringing them to your country.
Start a Facebook group.
That's what I did. "Eluveitie Fans Scotland".
Dr. Sin is in, baby. Say hello to Miss Crowbar.
Kalmageddon, baby.

"Don't let anyone tell you they're better than you" - Mr. Lordi.
Lilyth Von Gore

Postby Hemitys » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:09 pm

I'm a bit disappointed about the fact that most of the people didn't get the idea of this thread: http://forum.lordi.fi/viewtopic.php?t=11825

Like we have said many, many, many, many times, the people who organize shows won't book bands which won't bring any profit in their opinion. If you sign up a band which is expensive but doesn't bring any people to the house, it's bad business.

So you have to make the organizers aware that there are people who want to see Lordi! Mail them, phone them, ask your fellow fans to do the same and etc! I don't mean to sound rude but how in the hell would the organizers know you want to see Lordi if this forum is the only place where you speak your heart out.

Unite and demand if you want to see the band!

(wow, that rhymes)
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Mooneyman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Lilyth Von Gore wrote:You just need to get more people interested in bringing them to your country.
Start a Facebook group.
That's what I did. "Eluveitie Fans Scotland".

Taken for advice for all British fans out there...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/British-M ... 852938164#!

May as well give it a go!
Mooneyman

Postby martinmaniac » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Mooneyman wrote:Lordi are very talented, sure, we know that, and we know that Mr. Lordi has a lot of skill under his belt

sorry, just got a wrong picture of that sentence :lol:
martinmaniac

Postby Mooneyman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:03 pm

martinmaniac wrote:
Mooneyman wrote:Lordi are very talented, sure, we know that, and we know that Mr. Lordi has a lot of skill under his belt

sorry, just got a wrong picture of that sentence :lol:

Thank you, sir, you just made me choke on a mint. :lol:
Mooneyman

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:52 pm

I have taken notice of that many times before. I have contacted many local club managers, or in Warsaw, and have either gotten no reply, or a statement that they will ask the band.

So I have done my homework before people, there's no need to re-hash and say what I am perfectly aware of.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Dezalene » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:12 pm

My head's been breaking down with life lately, so I want to leave you a long response, especially since you took the time to create a constructive and well-thought opinion, but my brain is just been broken lately.

I will say this - as far as management and band relations go, the venues that take them in depend on the demand for the band, which seems to have been spoken about numerous times already. The crowds that want to see their band perform in their country/state/town need to be constantly contacting the venues and demanding that they get the band out there.

That being said, one of the duties of management, if I remember correctly, is spreading information to the general public and making them more aware of a band. And for someone who already is heavily involved in almost every little aspect of a band, I can see why you have some apprehension for Mr. Lordi managing his own band.

Anyway, that wasn't much of a rant, but more of a discussion that you seemed to need to get out in the open. Thank you for taking time to word everything politely. It's great to see differing opinions without them turning into flamewars.
~In November I lost my family. They took away all my friends and blamed insanity!~
New DA / Old DA
Dezalene

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:23 am

I would like to thank everyone for reading this and taking the time to answer to it. It is greatly appreciated.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Lordi » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:20 am

Bad Dream Flappers with some good points and constructive criticism there. Good. Very intelligent post.
But there are couple of things that need to be sorted out and corrected... or some things that just puzzled and confused me.. So let´s try to explain or resolve some of them:

*About the shows, like so many of you already have said, it really is like this: WE as a band would LOVE to come to play in every single country and city and town you want us to. This is the honest truth. But it is NOT up to us. There has to be demand for us to come. There has to be a local promoter and a venue that WANTS us there. If there´s no request for us to come to, Poland for example, where would we come to play if there´s no place that wants us to play in? And sometimes, sadly, there might be long negotiations with the booking agency and some promoter/venue, but there´s not just enough money to have us. And it´s not about greed. You guys have to understand that we cannot come all the way from Finland and play if we wound up paying for it ourselves. The costs of traveling, paying the salaries for our crew and doing the show has to be all covered by the fee we get from the promoter of your city. And sometimes, sadly, the promoter or the venue just does not have enough, and we just cannot do it any cheaper. Sometimes gap is too big to fill and the ends are way too apart to make a show happen, sad but true.

*I have never, ever been the manager or managed this or any band. I just create my artistic vision in as many ways I can, musically and visually. I just wanna rock.. and be a monster, hahaha! That´s all.

*About the merchandise. Lordi shirts are printed about couple of hundred each. Iron Maiden shirts are printed by tens of thousands. The more you print, the cheaper each one "copy" of it is. I also understand that not everyone likes every t-shirt design I make. That´s normal, for normal people to have different tastes. There are a lot of KISS shirt designs that I don´t like. But I have NEVER bought a pirated shirt instead of an official one, because of the price or the design. Sorry, but buying pirated stuff is unforgivable. That is a knife in the band´s back, every time. If you cannot buy the official, don´t buy a pirate either.

*I fail to see how me idolizing Gene Simmons had lead us or myself to make errors..? KISS tactics..? Have no clue what you´re actually referring to.

*Ozzfest, no-one in the band actually never heard or experienced any kind of negative vibe from the audiences. Not once. No-one threw anything at us. No-one booed us off the stage. I heard about these rumours, and there actually are people who think that we experienced shit like that. Not even once. The "troublemakers" had to be so far away from the stage we never saw or heard them.

*Dark Floors, the possibility of making it was offered to us. How stupid would we have been not to take on that offer? I was and still am and will be very proud of it. Only problem with it was that the producers thought that mine and Pete´s original plot was way too brutal. So we had to compromise and tone it down. Making films is making compromises. And making films is financially a risky business, always. But please, don´t you or anyone else worry about our financials. Because, with all due respect, they are not your businesses to worry about.

In general, the music business is a really tricky business and it´s a tough game. The highs are high and the lows are low. And nowadays, with the whole world changing around us, the music business is getting hit in the head with a hammer time and time again, all the time. And all the bands and artists are struggling and trying just to rock! Yep, and we have had definitely some bad luck too, for example, with labels going on bankrupt right after the release of an album and things like that, like the lack of promotion etc etc. But it´s nothing you guys should worry about, really. I don´t. The band doesn´t. There are people whose job is to worry about that shit. Just support your band that you dig. That´s your "job". That what makes the rockmachine rolling.

The world is not always fair to everyone, and it does not treat everyone equally. Same goes for fans, and bands too. That´s called life.

But hey, let´s be positive! We are just about to step in the next era of Lordi, and I hope that you guys will enjoy it, as much as I and the rest of the band will! What do you say, let´s have some breakfast? ;)

L
Lordi
Vocals

Postby Thomas » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:29 am

Yet another clear and good post from Mr. Lordi. Thank you for clearing up. See you in Paris Mr. L!
Thomas

Postby King » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:05 am

That really made me speechless. Thanks for clearing it all up for us, again.

"Meet you meet you in the Nosturiii."
See you in the Nosturi, L.
King

Postby anushka » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:56 am

I´m already enjoying new era very much :)

Thanks for clearing up :wink:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Isa » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:00 am

:D When I see that it just confirm me that I'm so fucking proud to be a fan

I mean that 'cmon they listen to us, take time to talk, explain, not every band do it (some should say that not every band can do it too)
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby monsterboy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:17 am

Respect :!:
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby Sooophie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:16 pm

I agree with the others members here, thanks so much, Mr Lordi to listen to us and make an answer with your well constructive post. Of course I love Lordi t shirts, I try to buy with my parents authorization because it's expensive, it's true. Otherwise, as a fan I make custom t shirts. I mean I don't copy the items on rokkikauppa, I just print some differents Lordi pictures and make a t shirt with it. It's cool, even it's not official mersh because I just have to buy a shirt with my size. The shirts on rokkikauppa are mainly for males (with the head of the members), it's too bad there is not these shirts with girl fit. I like making and create things with my imagination, I have a bag and Lordi shoes that I made, it's a good way to wear Lordi everywhere. But I DON'T Encourage this system. I mean, I create shirts and things which are not available on shop, to copy the pictures of the official t shirts on rokkikauppa, make this shirt and don't buy it or buy a pirated shirt. It's NOT cool for the band. And really, like Isa said, I'm proud to be fan. The Lord as spoken :lol:
Last edited by Sooophie on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sooophie

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:18 pm

I am speechless, for this is the first time I have ever gotten such a reply from Mr. L.

Thank you for clearing up what has been bothering me for some time, and caring to explain what was unclear to me before. If anything, I am a wiser man from this experience.

I pm'ed some final clearing ups to the man himself.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby martinmaniac » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:32 pm

really nice to hear the man clearing the things up :) yeah, after all, it really is true, that the things, that are irritating us is not the bands fault, but economy, popularity compared to the maiden t-shirt, and people who don't know what they should book for the people :twisted: thumbs up fpr that answer :wink:
martinmaniac

Postby Ami » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Isa wrote::D When I see that it just confirm me that I'm so fucking proud to be a fan

I mean that 'cmon they listen to us, take time to talk, explain, not every band do it (some should say that not every band can do it too)

That is so true,i mean all of us have to be really thankful because obviously LORDI are doing everything for their fans (us :D ).Btw i know it's not the right place to ask,but how do you choose a moderator or something like that?...ok back to topic :D
Ami

Next

Return to General discussion