Monsterboard

Your Favorite LORDI lineup

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Which lineup did you think LORDI was at their Best?

Lordi, Amen, Magnum, Enary, Kita
2
3%
Lordi, Amen, Kalma, Enary, Kita
17
29%
Lordi, Amen, Ox, Awa, Kita
40
68%
 
Total votes : 59

Your Favorite LORDI lineup

Postby American_MonsterMan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:02 am

Which lineup did you think LORDI was at their Best?
My personal favorite was the:
"LORDI, AMEN, KALMA, ENARY, KITA" Lineup. I love EVERY member of LORDI but (to me) this lineup was the LORDI "golden" days.
It's because this lineup is when I very first got into LORDI and the first lineup I fell absolutely in LOVE with. Not to mention the videos/movies and when the live shows REALLY starting kicking in.
Tell me your's. :D
American_MonsterMan
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, USA

Postby fl4sh » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 am

I love them all too, but I think the best lineup is : Mr. Lordi, Awa, OX, Amen, Kita.
Say bye-bye light, it's Nonstop Nite!
I'm taking back my life today!
Sorry for my english.. :(
User avatar
fl4sh
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Postby judge death » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:23 am

Havent been around when the older line ups was around so can only in that aspect say the last line up is my fave but if I rank them in how great they were and cool etc and the atmosphere it would be the one with Kalma and Enary.

So would want to vote both of these line ups but if I shall choose one it is the one with OX, Awa, Kita which I have been following since I discovered them.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
User avatar
judge death
 
Posts: 6267
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:10 am
Location: Deadworld

Postby American_MonsterMan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Keep in mind folks:

Magnum, Enary, Kita: "Get Heavy" era.
Kalma, Enary, Kita: "The Monsterican Dream" - "The Arockalypse" era.
Ox, Awa, Kita: "Deadache" - "Babez For Breakfast" era.

Remember that Kalma DID NOT play on "Get Heavy".
Remember that Ox and Awa DID NOT play on "The Arockalypse"
:)
American_MonsterMan
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, USA

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Awa DID play on Arockalypse

Kalma did play but didn't do promotion then clearly OX IS Arockalypse Era since he do not do album but all the rest (ESC, tour .....)

Like for me BfB Era DON'T included Kita
Image
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
User avatar
Isa
 
Posts: 5735
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:18 am
Location: Beer country ;) - Sex/Age: F37

Postby King » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:53 pm

It's

Magnum, Enary, Kita - Get Heavy (Magnum on the album, Kalma otherwise)
Kalma, Enary, Kita - Monsterican Dream
Kalma, Awa, Kita - Arockalypse (Kalma on the album, OX otherwise)
OX, Awa, Kita - Deadache
OX, Awa, Kita - Babez (Kita on the album, **** otherwise)

And to say my opinion, I like the most the band who played on Babez (Kita included) in Babez costumes. :)
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Postby American_MonsterMan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Isa:
Awa DID play on Arockalypse


True, and not true. :wink:
During "The Arockalypse" recording sessions, Enary written all the keyboard parts and recorded 'most' of them for the album. Awa did play, but very little fill-ins and last minute sequences. Read inside "The Arockalypse" booklet credits.
So, technically, yes, Awa did play- but it wasn't her own compositions.
You didn't actually hear AWA's work until "Beast Loose In Paradise" and then her album debut with "Deadache". :)

Kalma did play but didn't do promotion then clearly OX IS Arockalypse Era since he do not do album but all the rest (ESC, tour .....)

Yes, all bass lines were done by Kalma. But good ol' OX got the credit via promotion and all that goodness. You didn't hear OX's work until "Beast Loose In Paradise". Good, because, In my opinion, OX is a BETTER bassist than Kalma was anyways. :)

Like for me BfB Era DON'T included Kita

Oh, come on Isa Girl :wink: , how could you disclude Kita? We all know that Bad Boy ROCKED the KIT one last time for us on "Babez For Breakfast"! :lol: Sure that was in his era.

The mysterious new monsta, "****", (like Ox and Awa when they first came in) will be like a 'session' player until we hear 'HIS' work on a new LORDI album. Can't wait! 8)
American_MonsterMan
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, USA

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:57 pm

I like all line-ups, because every member brought a little something to the table via their character and methods of playing. It's impossible for me to choose whom I preferred, as all line-ups had their ups and downs.

There is yet to be a line-up that I found disappointing. All had their own intrigue. ;)
Actually I'm a Plumber.
User avatar
Nightmare Wings Hell
Moderator
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Ace's Alcohol Cabinet

Postby Erina » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:03 pm

I, too, like all the line-ups, but "my" line-up is Mr. Lordi, Amen, Awa, Kita and OX. It's the line-up I've lived with ever since I got to know about Lordi (in 2006 - just because I didn't know anything about popular music until then). But, yeah, as I said I love all the line-ups.
latua oon lesbo
User avatar
Erina
 
Posts: 4090
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Themyscira

Postby King » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:04 pm

American_MonsterMan wrote:True, and not true. :wink:
During "The Arockalypse" recording sessions, Enary written all the keyboard parts and recorded 'most' of them for the album. Awa did play, but very little fill-ins and last minute sequences. Read inside "The Arockalypse" booklet credits.
So, technically, yes, Awa did play- but it wasn't her own compositions.


First of all, there's no notes of Enary in the booklet. And how you know that? How do you know Enary had played something? Tell. None of them was Enary's compositions either, they would have been mentioned in the credits.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:18 pm

American_MonsterMan

For you Line-up depend of album when for me Line-up depend of who play it live, make the promotion, tour and so on

For me first album of OX is Deadache but I still considerated him in Arockalypse Era because he play it life, same count for Awa, she's the one played it (and about Album I agree with King)

I love Kita, BfB is awesome 'cos of his voice (not only 'cos of that) and I should never say that the album don't included Kita BUT if I follow my way to see, the one who should play the album, the one who should do promotion of it, ain't Kita.
Image
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
User avatar
Isa
 
Posts: 5735
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:18 am
Location: Beer country ;) - Sex/Age: F37

Postby King » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Isa wrote:For you Line-up depend of album when for me Line-up depend of who play it live, make the promotion, tour and so on

I love Kita, BfB is awesome 'cos of his voice (not only 'cos of that) and I should never say that the album don't included Kita BUT if I follow my way to see, the one who should play the album, the one who should do promotion of it, ain't Kita.


I agree you Isa with that the line-up, for me and as I see for you too, of some certain era is the line-up which played the songs live.

And of Kita and Babez era... for me, the Babez era started when Babez was released, but the line-up of Babez era doesn't include Kita. Kita is gone. The drummer of Babez era's start was Kita, but the really as he's now gone, the era "ended" and it will start again. The era starts again on Monday (or when the new guy's revealed) and when the tour starts. The new guy is included in Babez line-up, as he will be the most of the era in Lordi and he will play the songs live.

I know it's pretty badly explained, but I hope you got it all.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Postby American_MonsterMan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:47 pm

I get where your coming from King. :wink:
But, I really don't verbally understand what Isa's trying to say. :? Her English doesn't really make any sense, sorry gal. :wink:

About the Enary/Awa recording thing. I'm going crazy looking for this interview Mr. Lordi was in back in late 2005 where he was talking about Enary coming up with cool keyboard parts for the "new album". Demo songs like "Snowing In Hell", "Kids Shouldn't Play With The Dead", "Hey!", "Hard Rock Hallelujah" and "I Am Bigger Than You".
Such a long time ago- I hate when I have no way of backing up my evidence. Oh well. :roll:

Damn it- why can't we get along? WERE BOTH RIGHT! :lol:
American_MonsterMan
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, USA

Postby King » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:54 pm

American_MonsterMan wrote:About the Enary/Awa recording thing. I'm going crazy looking for this interview Mr. Lordi was in back in late 2005 where he was talking about Enary coming up with cool keyboard parts for the "new album". Demo songs like "Snowing In Hell", "Kids Shouldn't Play With The Dead", "Hey!", "Hard Rock Hallelujah" and "I Am Bigger Than You".
Such a long time ago- I hate when I have no way of backing up my evidence. Oh well. :roll:


I doubt she had come up with anything, especially in late 2005. If you know why she was fired, you probably get why I don't think they even started an album with her. And just to correct some for you of those titles, sorry if it disturbs you, but "Hey!" was I guess "WHOA!, and there could have not been a song called "I Am Bigger Than You". With that I mean, there was a song long time ago called "Larger than Death", and they took a part from that to Who's Your Daddy. I Am Bigger Than You, which is on Babez for Breakfast, is not old in any way. All the songs on Babez (excluding Discoevil) have been written after Deadache. :)
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:58 pm

American_MonsterMan wrote:I get where your coming from King. :wink:
But, I really don't verbally understand what Isa's trying to say. :? Her English doesn't really make any sense, sorry gal. :wink:


I pretty say same than King.
Image
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
User avatar
Isa
 
Posts: 5735
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:18 am
Location: Beer country ;) - Sex/Age: F37

Postby Monsta » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:09 pm

King wrote:
American_MonsterMan wrote:About the Enary/Awa recording thing. I'm going crazy looking for this interview Mr. Lordi was in back in late 2005 where he was talking about Enary coming up with cool keyboard parts for the "new album". Demo songs like "Snowing In Hell", "Kids Shouldn't Play With The Dead", "Hey!", "Hard Rock Hallelujah" and "I Am Bigger Than You".
Such a long time ago- I hate when I have no way of backing up my evidence. Oh well. :roll:


I doubt she had come up with anything, especially in late 2005. If you know why she was fired, you probably get why I don't think they even started an album with her. And just to correct some for you of those titles, sorry if it disturbs you, but "Hey!" was I guess "WHOA!, and there could have not been a song called "I Am Bigger Than You". With that I mean, there was a song long time ago called "Larger than Death", and they took a part from that to Who's Your Daddy. I Am Bigger Than You, which is on Babez for Breakfast, is not old in any way. All the songs on Babez (excluding Discoevil) have been written after Deadache. :)


I am bigger than you is older. If you read the notes at "Who's Your Daddy" in Songs for the rockoning day it stands that the part when they play "Get down, get down..." is borrowed from another Lordi song called I am bigger than you. That means that they wrote the song before Deadache :wink:
Last edited by Monsta on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Monsta
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:11 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Deadly Kid » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Lordi, Amen, Kalma, Enary, Kita
User avatar
Deadly Kid
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:34 pm
Location: İstanbul/Turkey

Postby King » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Monsta wrote:
King wrote:I doubt she had come up with anything, especially in late 2005. If you know why she was fired, you probably get why I don't think they even started an album with her. And just to correct some for you of those titles, sorry if it disturbs you, but "Hey!" was I guess "WHOA!, and there could have not been a song called "I Am Bigger Than You". With that I mean, there was a song long time ago called "Larger than Death", and they took a part from that to Who's Your Daddy. I Am Bigger Than You, which is on Babez for Breakfast, is not old in any way. All the songs on Babez (excluding Discoevil) have been written after Deadache. :)


I am bigger than you is older. If you read the notes at "Who's Your Daddy" in Songs for the rockoning day it stands that the part when they play "Get down, get down..." is borrowed from another Lordi song called I am bigger than you. That means that they wrote the song before The Deadache :wink:


No. No. You didn't even read my post, huh? :? The part was borrowed from an old song called "Larger than Death". "I Am Bigger than You" is not old in any way. All the songs on Babez (excluding Discoevil) have been written after Deadache.

How many times do I have to say it?
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
User avatar
King
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: F I N

Postby Ida » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:25 pm

I'll have to go with Kita / Amen / Awa / Lordi / OX.

I don't know Kalma nor Enary, so I can't really relate to them you know? I can't love them, since I don't know them and I know that there is people out there who had them as their own faves, and I could never pull it on them to say I love them when I wasn't around. (i'd be furios if someone pulled that one me youknowwhatimean)

Musically it's the same, Deadache is my favourite era, Babez is my favourite album. Lets cut the bullshit now please... LORD HAVE MERCY! :shock: ( :lol: )
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Image
User avatar
Ida
B.A. Nana
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Sweden(But I wish I lived in Finland!). ...F-91

Postby Monsta » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:26 pm

King wrote:
Monsta wrote:
King wrote:I doubt she had come up with anything, especially in late 2005. If you know why she was fired, you probably get why I don't think they even started an album with her. And just to correct some for you of those titles, sorry if it disturbs you, but "Hey!" was I guess "WHOA!, and there could have not been a song called "I Am Bigger Than You". With that I mean, there was a song long time ago called "Larger than Death", and they took a part from that to Who's Your Daddy. I Am Bigger Than You, which is on Babez for Breakfast, is not old in any way. All the songs on Babez (excluding Discoevil) have been written after Deadache. :)


I am bigger than you is older. If you read the notes at "Who's Your Daddy" in Songs for the rockoning day it stands that the part when they play "Get down, get down..." is borrowed from another Lordi song called I am bigger than you. That means that they wrote the song before The Deadache :wink:


No. No. You didn't even read my post, huh? :? The part was borrowed from an old song called "Larger than Death". "I Am Bigger than You" is not old in any way. All the songs on Babez (excluding Discoevil) have been written after Deadache.

How many times do I have to say it?


Oh, sorry then. But I heard in another thread that it stands in Songs for the rockoning day that it was borrowed from I Am Bigger Than You. But I don't have the book so I don't know :roll:
User avatar
Monsta
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:11 am
Location: Sweden

Postby anushka » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 pm

I can´t vote till I won´t see the new monster drummer in action 8)

And to your discusion above... SFTRD says: "... the lyrics go "get down, get down, lay down, lay down", is originally from another song called I´m bigger than you". :wink:
Image
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
User avatar
anushka
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:43 am
Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Sooophie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Lordi, Amen, Ox, Awa, Kita I knew the band like that. I didn't know the band yet when they were Enary and Kalma. I just think that those people are incredible, and have a lot of talent. I've learned to love that band and each member of this era. :wink:
Last edited by Sooophie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sooophie
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: France

Postby Thomas » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Lordi, OX, Awa, Amen, Kita, forever..
User avatar
Thomas
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Norway

Postby andy4600 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Lordi, Ox, Awa, Amen, Kita!

Greatest line up of any band ever.
Tomni 'Otus' Lillman - Gone but never forgotten

Twitter - @AndrewOXLowe
http://andylowe.blog.com/
User avatar
andy4600
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:30 pm
Location: Warrington, UK

Postby American_MonsterMan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:45 pm

King, Isa and I:

We are all GREAT LORDI Fans! There are MANY things we'll NEVER truly know straight unless we hear them from the "L-Man" himself.
Let's not argue, because there are many sources and many different info read about LORDI, and NONE are either right or wrong.

Let's keep this Thread ON TOPIC, and keep on Rockin' with LORDI like TRUE Monstericans do. :wink:
American_MonsterMan
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, USA

Next

Return to General discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests