Monsterboard

FIRE IN THE HOLE! What Lordi song do you relate to best?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

FIRE IN THE HOLE! What Lordi song do you relate to best?

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:55 am

I don't know about y'all Monsterkins, but do any of you have a specific Lordi song that feels like your personal theme song? I mean, sure they sing about monsters and messed up awesome shit, but do any of you have a song that you can relate to somehow? Or a song that makes you stand taller when you're walking down the street, glow when you're alone in the train, or feel an ultimate confidence boost when you're going past a crowd of mundane pedestrians?

For me, the song that makes me feel a bitch (moreso than usual) is, "Man Skin Boot." When I hear "Fire in the Hole," I think about things that I will not talk about publicly.

All the songs are awesome and I haven't heard one Lordi song that I didn't like yet, but since I'm still human, I admit to having personal biases.

What is your song? And why? I *actually* read this stuff. I'm paying 9 pounds for 3 hours of internet. Before Monsterboard, I refused to pay anything for internet. Now here I am.

Please share. Pretty please. :)
Less isn't more; less is less. The more the better; the most the BEST!
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:20 am

Oh this is a good thread! :D

My personal song is no doubt Supermonstars!! \,,/
I got bullied a lot back in high school, and that song is what made me rise my head up high and "GIVE 'EM HELL"! :twisted: :twisted:
Although that lead to a lot of trouble.. Got into a lot of fights and stuff, but oh well... :lol:

This song is what gave me strength and learned me to stand up for myself and fight back instead of taking a lot of crap. And today? No one can break me down EVER. I've been through too much bullshit, so if anyone thinks their tough and important enough to pull me down, then bring it on bitch! :twisted:
Lordi and Supermonstars have turned me into a strong, unbreakable person. I can be down now and then, sure, but not for long! I've found a way to always be back on my feet again in no time!

You've been pushed around
until you mumble
Beaten to the ground
but you won't crumble!

They strike you dumb,
They bring you down,
They keep you on the losing end

They tell your right is wrong,
Your high is low,
So give them hell!!

Kick up a row
We're the Supermonstars!
We chant the anthem of the Phantoms
Deal out the blows
like a Supermonstar!
We are humble to none!!

:twisted:

I feel stronger and invincible just by hearing that song!! :twisted:
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby Ida » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:25 pm

I second what Martine just wrote. Supermonstars is really a song that makes you strong. Another song I can relate to alot is "Devils Lullaby", and more specifically
"So stay away out of the sun where shadows cannot breathe, dont be afraid here in the dark you are with your family"

Like, I was bullied quite a lot 'specially for liking Lordi, but in highschool I was just cut out, and when this song came... I was like a shadow, and it was like the song told me you know to screw that shit and stay here, at MB for instance with your true friends instead.

So yes, those two it is.
Swedish Lordi Crew
In Memorian - Kita|||Otus Vampire Trio|
Ida
B.A. Nana

Postby Erina » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Supermonstars with me, too, but also Monsters Keep Me Company. When I first heard it I damn nearly cried. The lyrics are just so... me. I mean, I, too, have been bullied because I like Lordi, and when I heard MKMC I was all omg this is me.

This is a really good topic. It made me think a lot.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Oh Erina, you're right! Monsters Keep Me Company, how could I forget that song! It's what makes me sleep at night and dream of monsters and all kinda wonderful things! <3

And same with BBTBTR!

We are what we want to be
Monsters of rock, we are for real
Stand up for what you believe! (and shout!)

And also this part, it makes me proud of what I stand for.... :twisted: :

We're the SMF with metal hearts
Got love machines, we're breaking the law
We've got the looks that kill
We're the youth gone wild
We're the creatures of the night!
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby miss_brutality » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Monsters keep me company has to be the one song that has most meaning to me.

My monsters keep me company
And I'll never be lonely
They will keep me safe
Protected from harm

What can I want more :)
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby AAore » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Discoevil. Love to dance.
Last edited by AAore on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel Good.
"They always survive while I lose everything"
AAore

Postby MBL » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Mr Killjoy. Simply because I have different views of fun, than others
MBL

Postby Hellbull_Clan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:47 am

Good To Be Bad Girl wrote:Oh this is a good thread! :D

My personal song is no doubt Supermonstars!! \,,/
I got bullied a lot back in high school, and that song is what made me rise my head up high and "GIVE 'EM HELL"! :twisted: :twisted:
Although that lead to a lot of trouble.. Got into a lot of fights and stuff, but oh well... :lol:

This song is what gave me strength and learned me to stand up for myself and fight back instead of taking a lot of crap. And today? No one can break me down EVER. I've been through too much bullshit, so if anyone thinks their tough and important enough to pull me down, then bring it on bitch! :twisted:
Lordi and Supermonstars have turned me into a strong, unbreakable person. I can be down now and then, sure, but not for long! I've found a way to always be back on my feet again in no time!

You've been pushed around
until you mumble
Beaten to the ground
but you won't crumble!

They strike you dumb,
They bring you down,
They keep you on the losing end

They tell your right is wrong,
Your high is low,
So give them hell!!

Kick up a row
We're the Supermonstars!
We chant the anthem of the Phantoms
Deal out the blows
like a Supermonstar!
We are humble to none!!

:twisted:

I feel stronger and invincible just by hearing that song!! :twisted:

I can relate to that being bullied and when I first heard that I felt like damn that whole song is me
Hellbull_Clan

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Does any one else find it a bit bizarre that that all of us on this thread (can't say for the others) were bullied at one point in their lives (If I weren't bullied, I was ignored). I relate to Man Skin Boot the same way that you relate to Supermonsters, but I love Supermonsters too! :D

Monsters Keep Me Company was the song that I listened to after breaking up with a long term boyfriend of mine. Lordi is my daily medication.

Despite being bullied, look how bad-ass we've all become! Can you think of something more extreme than relating to songs of power, murder, revenge, and super self-confidence? Pretty bad eh?

When I hear "Hate At First Sight," I think about people that I fell out badly with that I still don't like. It makes me feel better knowing that being vindictive is good. >:)

And Thanks Good To Be Bad! I'm glad you like this thread! :D

Thanks everyone! I've only joined MonsterBoard after the show in Hannover on the 19th. I was a Lordi fan *much* earlier, but b/c I'm in godforsaken Canada, I didn't even know MonsterBoard existed. :( For fuck's sake, if it means anything, they don't sell Lordi albums in Canada (not in Toronto anyway). Most people don't know who they are (unless you're European), and no matter how much I try, I will never be able to apologize enough for letting my country export Justin Bieber. -_-"
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby Hellbull_Clan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:33 am

Candy_Bra_Canadian wrote:Does any one else find it a bit bizarre that that all of us on this thread (can't say for the others) were bullied at one point in their lives (If I weren't bullied, I was ignored). I relate to Man Skin Boot the same way that you relate to Supermonsters, but I love Supermonsters too! :D

Monsters Keep Me Company was the song that I listened to after breaking up with a long term boyfriend of mine. Lordi is my daily medication.

Despite being bullied, look how bad-ass we've all become! Can you think of something more extreme than relating to songs of power, murder, revenge, and super self-confidence? Pretty bad eh?

When I hear "Hate At First Sight," I think about people that I fell out badly with that I still don't like. It makes me feel better knowing that being vindictive is good. >:)

And Thanks Good To Be Bad! I'm glad you like this thread! :D

Thanks everyone! I've only joined MonsterBoard after the show in Hannover on the 19th. I was a Lordi fan *much* earlier, but b/c I'm in godforsaken Canada, I didn't even know MonsterBoard existed. :( For fuck's sake, if it means anything, they don't sell Lordi albums in Canada (not in Toronto anyway). Most people don't know who they are (unless you're European), and no matter how much I try, I will never be able to apologize enough for letting my country export Justin Bieber. -_-"

reading what you said I agree my mother loves the song Man skin boots and thats what she relates too.
Hellbull_Clan

Postby judge death » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:08 am

Hmm songs I can relate to? Kinda many if I say so but here are some of them:

-Supermonstars is one of those with no doubt, just make me wanna pay back for what I got from some people.

- Dead bugs bite, we will never surrender, cross us we will come back. This is kinda me in a song, can someone explain to me what surrender means? No matter what I fight on.

-Monsters keep me company: Makes me feel not so lonely and gets some strength to fight on with. My monsters keep me company^^

-MR killjoy, isn't the funny type and hates what is normal and being social and being on parties and getting drunk. So this song fits me perfect.

-Hard rock hallelujah: The true believers those will be saved, now join us or forever go to hell. The song which maybe means most to me of them all and can take me through anything when listening to it.

-SCG3: As HRH but more as a long message, maybe not a song but on the album.

-Grannys gone crazy, taking back my life and the part with: this is not my world. Well almost everything has gone wrong in my life from when I was small so this song makes me believe I can change it and fight for it and how much of an alien I´m here.

-Devils lullaby: You are where you belong, you are with your family: Kinda how I feel with being a fan with this band and the amazing fans it has and this place and the sandbox madness.

-Raise hell in heaven: Kinda reminds me of when I enter a room or school class, I make it to their hell, makes everyone start wonder what is right or wrong, and make the high status people paradise to hell and make them come down to the level of the less popular people. A fight against classes in society and even here.

-Bring it on, Iam me who the hell are you? Well something I can listen to and get strong before a fight or something I need to do and well: Bring it on and lests ee who walks out alive.

Then I have some more but I better not write it or you might get asleep soon. :lol:
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby PEML94 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Wow, great thread! Intresting to read!! Well, believe it or not, but I've also bin bullied.
But I haven't listned to one or a few lordi song, I listen to all lordi songs! If I'm sad or angry or as happy as I've never bin before, then I listen to lordi. Usually no special song, only Lordi. Well, okay, I use to pic my favorites, but you get what I mean. :)
PEML94

Postby MBL » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:59 pm

-MR killjoy, isn't the funny type and hates what is normal and being social and being on parties and getting drunk. So this song fits me perfect.

Yeah, that makes 2 of us.
MBL

Postby Arwiel » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:16 pm

PEML94 wrote:Wow, great thread! Intresting to read!! Well, believe it or not, but I've also bin bullied.
But I haven't listned to one or a few lordi song, I listen to all lordi songs! If I'm sad or angry or as happy as I've never bin before, then I listen to lordi. Usually no special song, only Lordi. Well, okay, I use to pic my favorites, but you get what I mean. :)

It's exactly, almost, the same thing for me. I have my favorite songs, and some that means a little mor to me, I just has to figuried out what to write about them before I post those here :D
"The pain needs music from Lordi to be conquered, or else I wouldn't be able to bear it."
Arwiel

Postby andy4600 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:39 pm

For me it would be Supermonstars too.

You can feel an energy listening to it. :twisted:
Tomni 'Otus' Lillman - Gone but never forgotten

Twitter - @AndrewOXLowe
http://andylowe.blog.com/
andy4600

Postby Isa » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Let's be very original :twisted: ........................Monsters keep me company :lol:

For different reasons, first is that when I have more hard I mind on Lordi

My monsters keep me company
And I'll never be lonely
They will keep me safe
Protected from harm

Fact they are there, somewhere protect from harm, the ones you can do on yourself. You know that somewhere you ain't alone

You can also see it like "Monsters = Monstermaniacs" and there it's same, some Monstermaniacs never have let me, fact to have them make "I'll never be lonely"

I also once have "use" this song for make understand on someone that we, others fans of Lordi (monsters = Monstermaniacs) are there with her, she wasn't lonely and somewhere this love for a band, love that we share didn't protected her from harm but make her understand she should never be lonely and we would her "keeping safe"

And last but not least

I can't believe what I'm thinking
That this dream of me could die
I cannot see how anything
Can ever be fine

It's exactly what I did feel, at a moment from my life
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Prove_Your_Monsterloving » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:30 pm

I like the chorus from To hell with pop just because it sounds cool

And the only song I like completely is The Animal by Disturbed, other songs of Lordi or whatever band it is have some cool parts but not the whole song is good

Don't like niether Supermonstars nor MKMC
Prove_Your_Monsterloving

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Prove_Your_Monsterloving wrote:I like the chorus from To hell with pop just because it sounds cool

And the only song I like completely is The Animal by Disturbed, other songs of Lordi or whatever band it is have some cool parts but not the whole song is good

Topic is about what songs you can relate to. You know. The ones you recognize yourself in or whatever. Not which ones you like best.
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby Hellbull_Clan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Another song I like and its just the lines I've read the lyrics never heard them but The house without a name
Please don't you leave me
I begged and I prayed
You stole my heart
And you left me anyway
When I read that I thought of my ex boyfriend and the day he decided to show off his new girlfriend to me

Well this reminds me of my aunts dog Douches whose a boxer and if you piss her off she'd destroy anything of yours Pet the destroyer
Last edited by Hellbull_Clan on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellbull_Clan

Postby Prove_Your_Monsterloving » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:04 am

Good To Be Bad Girl wrote:
Prove_Your_Monsterloving wrote:I like the chorus from To hell with pop just because it sounds cool

Topic is about what songs you can relate to. You know. The ones you recognize yourself in or whatever. Not which ones you like best.

wohhh, well, okay, sorry for the previous stupid post, soooo, there is no song that is related to some part of my life or something connected with me or that should remind me about something, you got it, I guess, though I don't care
Prove_Your_Monsterloving

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 am

I have a strong belief that "Bringing Back the Balls to Rock" should be every Monster's theme song - at least one of them. All the emos and scene kids clogging up my country thinking that they're so "hardcore," need to be taught a lesson. Us Monsters have a civic duty and moral obligation to be BRINGING BACK THE BALLS TO ROCK.
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:23 am

judge death wrote:Hmm songs I can relate to? Kinda many if I say so but here are some of them:

-Supermonstars is one of those with no doubt, just make me wanna pay back for what I got from some people.

- Dead bugs bite, we will never surrender, cross us we will come back. This is kinda me in a song, can someone explain to me what surrender means? No matter what I fight on.

-Monsters keep me company: Makes me feel not so lonely and gets some strength to fight on with. My monsters keep me company^^

-Hard rock hallelujah: The true believers those will be saved, now join us or forever go to hell. The song which maybe means most to me of them all and can take me through anything when listening to it.

-SCG3: As HRH but more as a long message, maybe not a song but on the album.

-Grannys gone crazy, taking back my life and the part with: this is not my world. Well almost everything has gone wrong in my life from when I was small so this song makes me believe I can change it and fight for it and how much of an alien I´m here.

-Devils lullaby: You are where you belong, you are with your family: Kinda how I feel with being a fan with this band and the amazing fans it has and this place and the sandbox madness.

-Raise hell in heaven: Kinda reminds me of when I enter a room or school class, I make it to their hell, makes everyone start wonder what is right or wrong, and make the high status people paradise to hell and make them come down to the level of the less popular people. A fight against classes in society and even here.

-Bring it on, Iam me who the hell are you? Well something I can listen to and get strong before a fight or something I need to do and well: Bring it on and lests ee who walks out alive.

Then I have some more but I better not write it or you might get asleep soon. :lol:

What a kickass list. That is all.
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:29 am

I love how "Supermonsters" and "Monsters Keep Me Company" seems to keep appearing for the gist of us. United by Lordi! :D

I *finally* got the Babez for Breakfast album. Yeah, I know it's a little late, but I also live on the wrong side of the world.

Now that I think of it, "Icon of Dominance" is a good song that I can relate to. There are a lot of Canadians that I don't have a very high opinion of (see why I should settle in Europe, i.e. Germany?) because they'd tried, but failed to, royally screw me over at certain times, and I can't help but feel like sending "Icon of Dominance" to them.

I'm not a very nice person. It's Good To Be Bad.
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:04 am

C-C-C-ombo Breaker! 3 triple posts in a row!

Just a little heads up, only post once and wait till others respond, or ask a mod or admin to edit your posts so you don't "over-post" :wink:
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Next

Return to General discussion