Monsterboard

FIRE IN THE HOLE! What Lordi song do you relate to best?

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Ami » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Thomas wrote:
Milred Sandman wrote:
Ami wrote:
Once one of the nerds in my class said that Kita looks like а shrimp :lol: :lol: .
shrimp?I dunno if i can agree on that one :D
''

Maybe the Get Heavy version, a big, nasty shrimp :lol:

No,actually the Arockalypse version... :lol: :lol:
Ami

Postby Thomas » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Aaahaa, well, THEN I can say that I am not agreed :lol:

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:25 am

Rubenlink wrote:Where I live the people do listen to the same shit as in your place, Candy_Bra_Canadian... :(

But there are some people who listen to good music, like KISS, The Doors, AC/DC,... But I think there are such people everywhere. You're absolutely right, Candy_Bra_Canadian, the people are really brainwashed so they listen to 'music' that's just made to make quick money. Bands like Lordi really make music because they CAN sing and CAN play instruments and they like it. Nowadays the only thing you need to make music is a cheap computer program... :x

I'm soooo sorry for letting my country export Justin Bieber. I agree; too many people become "musicians" with cheap computer programs without ever even picking up an instrument or taking a vocal lesson! :S Right now, I've been converting as many people as I can into Monsters. I'm sent invites out for a dinner party that I am having this weekend under the theme of "German and English food." What they don't know, is that the only music that I will be playing all night is *my* music. This means LOTS of Lordi. :twisted:

It's the least that I can do... I should've crushed Bieber a la Midnight Lover style... I'M SO SORRY! :shock:

Bach wrote:Did all of you get bullied? :lol:
Man.. :lol:

I think it comes with being a fan and going to school nowadays. :wink:
You're literally a target while wearing a Lordi t-shirt or listening to their music......

Hmm I've been to school with a lordi shirl countless times and I've never been bullied .. I wear my fan stuff with pride who'd dare do smething to me ..

I don't own any Lordi shirts, but I get the worst treatment when I mention Lordi: They often have never heard of them before. :( Even more stupid is that when I show them a music video, they talk about Gwar!!! Now I'm angry just thinking about it...
Less isn't more; less is less. The more the better; the most the BEST!
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby PEML94 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:48 am

Woo! :shock: Candy_Bra_Canadian! Please, only one post!
PEML94

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 am

I know you're excited to be here Candy, but please, only one post in a row, not three :wink:
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby monsterboy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Candy_Bra_Canadian wrote:

You're literally a target while wearing a Lordi t-shirt or listening to their music......

My clothing style IS lordi (well at least most of the time) And I never got bullied for that. (and oow watch out if they even try to! :wink: )

you just have to dare to be different. :P
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby judge death » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Rubenlink wrote:Where I live the people do listen to the same shit as in your place, Candy_Bra_Canadian... :(

But there are some people who listen to good music, like KISS, The Doors, AC/DC,... But I think there are such people everywhere. You're absolutely right, Candy_Bra_Canadian, the people are really brainwashed so they listen to 'music' that's just made to make quick money. Bands like Lordi really make music because they CAN sing and CAN play instruments and they like it. Nowadays the only thing you need to make music is a cheap computer program... :x

I'm soooo sorry for letting my country export Justin Bieber. I agree; too many people become "musicians" with cheap computer programs without ever even picking up an instrument or taking a vocal lesson! :S Right now, I've been converting as many people as I can into Monsters. I'm sent invites out for a dinner party that I am having this weekend under the theme of "German and English food." What they don't know, is that the only music that I will be playing all night is *my* music. This means LOTS of Lordi. :twisted:

That sounds great! :D Can I come over to that party and have a monster night with Lordi music? ^^ If I could will say.
Hope you have a great day. :D
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:16 am

PEML94 wrote:Woo! :shock: Candy_Bra_Canadian! Please, only one post!

If I want to reply to say, three posts, how do I fit them all into one so I don't end up triple posting? (I honestly don't know or at least can't find the buttons to do so... o.O)

@ Judge Death:
The party was amazing... *All* Lordi - from the music to my ringtone. Muahahahaha! XD I even converted a few after that night. :twisted: If you're ever in Canada, you can be guaranteed to be well fed and housed (leave no Monster behind!), and a lot of Canadian girls interested in you b/c... for lack of better words, Canadians love Europeans.
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby judge death » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:33 am

Great to hear that! :D Nice^^ Always good to hear when you convert people into liking Lordi. :D Can´t remember how many I´ve converted so far. :lol:
You say that? :) Next time we meet we shall have a big Lordi party. ;)
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:31 pm

judge death wrote:Great to hear that! :D Nice^^ Always good to hear when you convert people into liking Lordi. :D Can´t remember how many I´ve converted so far. :lol:
You say that? :) Next time we meet we shall have a big Lordi party. ;)

YAYO! :D The trip to Germany was the best night of my life! I owe you and GTBB like, my first child (you two can split the child among yourselves. :twisted: :P). :lol: I have pledged, that once Lordi announces a tour again, it can be in the Fiji Islands and I will be there! :D When that happens, I'm banking on a MonsterManiac reunion where I'll also get to meet fans that I've never met before! XD It'll be so crazy... It'll be a... NONSTOP NIGHT! :twisted:

(NonStop Night has been a recent favourite lately, as I can get both riled up into party mode *and* be reminded crazy parties from before! Let's hope Granny's gone crazy already, b/c we'll be drinking, smoking, and GOING BAT SHIT WILD! lol)
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:56 am

Hmm I've been to school with a lordi shirl countless times and I've never been bullied .. I wear my fan stuff with pride who'd dare do smething to me ..

I don't own any Lordi shirts, but I get the worst treatment when I mention Lordi: They often have never heard of them before. :( Even more stupid is that when I show them a music video, they talk about Gwar!!! Now I'm angry just thinking about it...

I live in the southern US and I've actually recieved the reputation of being a Satanist because I like Lordi... Even though I am openly Atheist. Apparently Hard Rock and black clothes makes you a devil worshipper here. -shrug- Heck, I even played a Lordi song for my Sociology class for an assignment, and one kid said it was devil music and I shouldn't be allowed to play it. :? I mean, honestly.
Blitz

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Blitz wrote:

I live in the southern US and I've actually recieved the reputation of being a Satanist because I like Lordi... Even though I am openly Atheist. Apparently Hard Rock and black clothes makes you a devil worshipper here. -shrug- Heck, I even played a Lordi song for my Sociology class for an assignment, and one kid said it was devil music and I shouldn't be allowed to play it. :? I mean, honestly.

I'm always hearing news about the States and its progress towards becoming a third world country... All the power to ya! :D I'm glad that you've stuck to your convictions using logic instead of superstition and magic. *Sigh* That kid is another Bible thumping nutjob. "DEVIL IS A LOSER."
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby iohan211 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 pm

Well,ok it is very hard to choose one,there are many songs i like,to hell with the pop,pyromite.hard rock halelujah....
iohan211

Re: FIRE IN THE HOLE! What Lordi song do you relate to best?

Postby Meg » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:10 am

..I know..I revive a kind of dead thread lol
but I wanted to contribute.

Bite it like a bull dog doesn't necessarily fit me, but I fit it to the people around me. the people who think that when they do things they can just blame it on everyone else and be just fine. a majority of my co workers.

Supermonsters fits me well though! I wasnt bullied per say, but I was the outcast of the outcast. which really sucks. school kids would pick on my for my likes, and the way I dressed, the way I did my make up...but strangely as my interest in my music grew, so did my confidence. and now I dont care about what anyone says! including the little girls at work who tell me in not normal because I wear two belts and listen to foreign music.
co workers suck btw..but then again..I am working in a country town in a walmart with country people who find anything other than cookie cutter girls odd.

I love who I am now...and Lordi has helped me realize this!
Boy, you scare me one more time and I'm locking you down in the cellar.
Meg

Location: Colorado, Egypt with my favorite Mummy Age/Sex:22/F

Postby PEML94 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:48 am

Meg wrote:Supermonsters fits me well though! I wasnt bullied per say, but I was the outcast of the outcast. which really sucks. school kids would pick on my for my likes, and the way I dressed, the way I did my make up...but strangely as my interest in my music grew, so did my confidence. and now I dont care about what anyone says! including the little girls at work who tell me in not normal because I wear two belts and listen to foreign music.
co workers suck btw..but then again..I am working in a country town in a walmart with country people who find anything other than cookie cutter girls odd.

I love who I am now...and Lordi has helped me realize this!

You see, THIS is why we all love lordi! :D
PEML94

Postby Dr. Sin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Well, if it is about what song describes me the best, the song might be Babez For Breakfast. Really. I'm not joking. I'm not any kind of ladiesman, but I find there other kind possibility for me.
Last edited by Dr. Sin on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sin

Postby Thomas » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:03 pm

This thread is about which songs you relate best to; which songs that can describe you, not which ones you prefer :)

Check us out!

Facebook

Myspace
Thomas

Postby Dr. Sin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Oh, should have read the title better. :lol: I'll edit the first post.

... erm. The title is very unclear, in my opinion. Oh well. I'll edit, anyway.
Dr. Sin

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Dr. Sin wrote:... erm. The title is very unclear, in my opinion. Oh well. I'll edit, anyway.

What Lordi song do you relate to best?

Very unclear.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Dr. Sin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:

Very unclear.

Usually I think "to relate" means "to give an association" or "to make a connection from sth to sth." I don't usually use the word in meaning "to tell in a descriptive way". And when it is used the way like that, I would personally say it like, "What Lordi song is related to you best." So in that way, it was unclear for me. If you understood my meaning.
Dr. Sin

Postby Meg » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:54 am

so I made a post on my facebook about comparing some people at my work place with the song Bite it like a bulldog. XD
one of my co workers was on my friends list and saw if. now she is SUPER offended and aiming to get me in trouble.( which she cant do..its not something my management will get me for since it never named names, work place ;D)

;D im guessing she saw some truth in the lyrics...maaaaaaybe ;D
Meg

Postby Isa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 am

At moment it's say you talk from collegua even without a name she can put you in trouble certainly if it's public. Now if it's private less since it's not public offence but if you have a lot of friends well.

Some get fired because of what they say on Facebook
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Meg » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:01 am

oh i cant get in trouble for it. my manager said she doesnt care what i write on my facebook. because it is my personal thing. plus i dont have a public profile..and 125 friends XD with no work place mention its everyones guess what what work place im talking about. I dont have my work place displayed on my profile.

so..really...i have no worries about it what so ever...and find it amusing.
Meg

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:
Dr. Sin wrote:... erm. The title is very unclear, in my opinion. Oh well. I'll edit, anyway.

Very unclear.

For me anyway, relating to a song means being able to associate your emotions or situations to a song. Sometimes, you leave feeling better and happier after the song, but it's not always the case. If I listen to Don Henley and Patti Smyth's, "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough," after a relationship breakup, I can relate to it and associate their words with my situation, but it will probably make me cry my eyes out. On the other hand, if I listen to Lordi's, "Supermonsters," I would probably associate their lyrics with my anger and his abuse and get over him within a day.

Relating to a song, for me, also means being able to take the message of the song and apply it to yourself. I'm considered a little strange where I live, and I used to be made to feel bad about it. Now I tell them to f**k off. Therefore, when I listen to Lordi's, "Kids Who Want To Play With the Dead," I can apply it's basic message to my situation: We are strange. For whatever reason, we are strange. None of us seem to care. The message itself makes me feel better, and the lyrics also make me feel like I am less alone in my situation. Personally, I'm so old that I don't care how strange I am anymore, but it's also nice to hear a song where someone else is just as strange as I am.

I hope that explanation helps...
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby King » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Candy_Bra_Canadian wrote:Therefore, when I listen to Lordi's, "Kids Who Want To Play With the Dead," I can apply it's basic message to my situation: We are strange. For whatever reason, we are strange. None of us seem to care. The message itself makes me feel better, and the lyrics also make me feel like I am less alone in my situation. Personally, I'm so old that I don't care how strange I am anymore, but it's also nice to hear a song where someone else is just as strange as I am.

And the question arises... who or what is normal? Nobody. Nothing. We are strange. We're all different, but in the end, we're all the same.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion