Monsterboard

You know you're addicted to Lordi when...

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

You know you're addicted to Lordi when...

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Hello fellow Monsters!

Let's face it, we all listen to Lordi *everywhere.* Lordi is the most EPIC band on Earth. We're not just regular fans though. Regular fans mean regular people. We're Monsters. We take fandom on a whole new level. We don't just listen to them everywhere, we do the extreme and outright insane. To others, we may look like we have a problem.

So I'll start first with my examples of some of the things I did/do:

- I purposefully keep my Deadache sweater at my boyfriend's house secretly hoping that the more he looks at the sweater, the more curious he'll become, and he'll give Lordi a chance... Then we'll eat him alive.

- I have a few people on my facebook that I am supposed to make a more conservative impression to, yet my name is, "ZombieRawk Machene" (facebook wouldn't let me put "machine")

- I travelled from Toronto, Canada to Hannover, Germany and slept in a WC b/c I *needed* to see them live. I got homesick, but I *cried* when I had to leave

What are your experiences? Even if you just travelled to another city by bus to see Lordi, I want to hear that. Travelling long distances is a *bitch on flaming wheels.* What are some of the things that you do? Did any of you pimp out a Lordi-themed room? Play Lordi at your wedding whilst the bride/groom's parents were around?

I want to know this and I'm pretty sure some of you are curious about what other Monsters do too!

Time to share the crazy.

- CBC
Less isn't more; less is less. The more the better; the most the BEST!
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby Angel Of Death » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 pm

well I did a few gigs last tour together with Isa. We went to Paris, Eloyes and Pirmasens. For getting in France, it was pure horror with all the delays we had with our trains because of that stupid weather but we made it...for Germany, normally we had to drive 3 hours but because of that snow, we had to drive 5 hours. And we did it with pleasure...we did it for our beloved monsters. I won't hesitate to do it again ;)
Angel Of Death

Postby King » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:09 am

So, if I understood right, the point is to share crazy things people have done for Lordi? Or? To tell about the trips? Pardon me, but it wasn't all clear for me. :)
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Isa » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:46 am

Same than AOD but on it you add travel to germany in bus (Wacken 2008) and being totally sick days after and also travel to Paris and Lyon (more than 5h train) in 2009

At my work you have Lordi on my mousepad and on my coffee cup + picture of me and OX
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:47 am

Oh we have this thread at the Metallichicks forum as well! :D

-You know you're addicted to Lordi when you tell one of them annoying happy-Christians on the street that your religion is Lordi and you're not a Satanist but a Rock Police officer.... :lol: :lol:
I did that today!! :twisted: It was fucking hilarious... :lol:

-You know you're addicted when you show off your Rock Police badge wherever you go... :lol:

-When you hear the word "Hallelujah" and think "HARD ROCK Hallelujah" instead! :lol:
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:51 am

Driving for 5 hours to a foreign place, by anyone's standards, is insane. Travel is a bitch, but we drove/rode/flew from all over to see Lordi. What I'm saying is to share your insane stories about your dedication to Lordi! :D The Lordi mousepad and cup in the office is a good example of loyalty gone MAD. :D
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:56 am

Well I went in my full Deadite outfit on school once.. :lol: With zombie/monster make-up and everything... :lol: :lol:
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby Candy_Bra_Canadian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:26 am

Good To Be Bad Girl wrote:Well I went in my full Deadite outfit on school once.. :lol: With zombie/monster make-up and everything... :lol: :lol:

What did everyone say?! :D \m/
Candy_Bra_Canadian

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:29 am

Some people (bitchy girls mostly) asked me "Why do you have to look so scary?? >.<"
Not many good responses except the ones I got from my friends, but it was totally worth it.. Unforgettable... :lol:
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby Isa » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 am

The clothes I evitate at work 'cos last time I had a OX t-shirt my boss make a joke like "you know that people who wear those kind of t-shirt come in newspapers" (was right after we say that a young guy who had kill had a KISS t-shirt), I answer "then if once you see me in newspapers you know why" but still make attention which t-shirt I use there (the tribal I can wear it without problem)

I can also add

- You know you're addicted when you hear Amen (the religious one) and begin laught 'cos you imagine a mummy.

- You know you're addicted when in place of say "I agree" you answer "Amen (to that)"

- You know you're addicted when you found shoes so cool only 'cos there is "Ox" in the name of model :lol:

- You know you're addicted when someone piss you off and that you first mind is "pleaseeee someone send me Otus for that he make her shut up"
Isa

Postby Erina » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Isa wrote:- You know you're addicted when you hear Amen (the religious one) and begin laught 'cos you imagine a mummy.

- You know you're addicted when in place of say "I agree" you answer "Amen (to that)"

- You know you're addicted when someone piss you off and that you first mind is "pleaseeee someone send me Otus for that he make her shut up"

These happen with me too. And also, when I'm really happy, instead of saying just Hallelujah I say Hard Rock Hallelujah.

It also says something about obsession that before I go to sleep I kiss one picture of Amen on my wall. I just can't help it. I started it some years ago and I can't stop it. Well, I haven't seen much nightmares since I started it, so...

And everytime I start a new story, no matter how much I decide it won't become a Lordi fanfic, at some point it always turns into one.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby Anthalerero » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:32 pm

simply as hell:

You know you're addicted to lordi, when you turn into a monster too :-P

I guess i could write a hundred sentences like that about friends 'n' me - but this one is the essence.
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby anushka » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Erina wrote:It also says something about obsession that before I go to sleep I kiss one picture of Amen on my wall. I just can't help it. I started it some years ago and I can't stop it. Well, I haven't seen much nightmares since I started it, so...

Oh, really? That´s.... hmm, sweet :lol:

- You know you're addicted when you are able to stand in the front row 12 hours before the Lordi´s show on the festival.

Well, I think I could write more but not sure if they can be written public :lol:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby judge death » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:49 pm

You know when you are addicted to monsters when:

-Have all walls in your room decorated with Lordi posters.

-Listening to their music nonstop.

-Becomes a monster yourself.

-Put Lordi marks on everything you own even the car.

-Escapes from prison just to say happy birthday on one of the band members birthday.

-Dreams about them.

-Don't see them as humans anymore.

-Spends all your money on them.

-Going to their gigs in other countries.

-You are on MB whole days.

-Have Lordi clothes in public.

-Wear Lordi necklaces.

-Buy Lordi stuff to any price.

-Names your pets after the band members.

-Cruising in your car with Lordi music blasting with the windows tuned down. Preferable a sports car too.

-Have Lordi backgrounds on your computer, games, phones etc.

-Stand in the Lordi line for a gig 12 hours or more before the show. In whatever weather.

Okay that's all from me until later. :P
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Isa » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:57 pm

-Escapes from prison just to say happy birthday on one of the band members birthday.

Who the hell should do that :lol:
Isa

Postby _eesti999_ » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 pm

hmmm
your'e addicted to Lordi when:
-You visit their gig @ Helsinki at least once in your life \,,/
-Waste 90% of savings (left from rent paying, school, food and other hobbies) for Lordi (concert trip, stuff)
-Visit Monsterboard every time when opening Internet (or at least 95% from times when visiting Internet)
-Try to get first row at their every concert and don't buy a seat ticket
_eesti999_

Postby King » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:12 pm

You are all just insane, haha! :lol: And I don't mean it in a bad way. ;) Finally a list where I have nothing. :lol:
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Isa » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Just a add about phone

- When your ringtone, alarm or so on are Lordi music

:lol:

Just remember the convo when some had say they use "Amen's lament to ra" as alarm for wake up

Or also

- When you never forget their birthday and even remember the one of others with compare with them (ex : 1 month after Awa)
Isa

Postby anushka » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:23 pm

I just found another one while watching Dark Floor after long time...

- You know you're addicted when you wanna die in Amen´s arms like in Dark Floor :lol:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Black_evil » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 am

You know you're addicted when you are able to stand in the front row 12 hours before the Lordi´s show.
- I've done this and I was shure I was going mad. But it was all worth it :lol:

Names your pets after the band members.
- I think I'll be doing this when getting my new rats (soon). Would be so cool. (My former ones were also named after musicans, but just random dead ones.)

Wear Lordi clothes in public
- naah, this is just normal.
Ego sum rex romanum et supra grammaticam!
Black_evil

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Well i got a few aswell :wink: ..

When your car breaks down in the middle of the night on the highway when your own your way to a festival where Lordi is going to perform and you deicide to get a lift from a complete stranger . Hitchiking is very dangerous these days but you don,t care about that couse you only want to see Lordi

When you try to get backstage and your willing to pay the security guy 450 euro to get a backstage pass :shock: .

When the doctors tell you it,s not a good thing to go to a concert in the first place and you still say . yeah whatever . I still going to see them. Then when you end up with the paramedics after the show and you feel sick and your gasping for air your still think it,s totally worth it

When someone is telling you that he is in love with you and you tell him your not interested in him at all becouse you know your heart only belongs to a certain monsterman :oops:

When you make up your own monstercharacter and you started to live like her and you even starting to believe that she really exists .

When you say goodnight to your favorite monster every night and you give a kiss to a very special gift you got from him ( can,t tell you what that is but some people know what it is )

When you have printed out every single message or pm and you keep them together with a big red ribbon underneath your pillow

When you have every single picture of the two of you hanging on your bedroomwall ( almost 30 pictures of MR.Lordi and me ) and you still don,t think it,s enough

I know their are a few more but these are the things i came up with right now .

I believe that angels come in every kind of forms and shapes
But the one disguised as a monsterman is the most beautiful angel i ever saw
LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby Rubenlink » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm

LIVING DEAD DOLLIE wrote:When you try to get backstage and your willing to pay the security guy 450 euro to get a backstage pass :shock: .

Did you do that?! :shock: Wow, you really are possessed by Mr. Lordi aren't you :lol: But it's good, he's a good person. But I just want to see it with my own eyes once :wink:

I've got some too:

-Let your stepbrother listen to Lordi until he loves them! I kinda worked, he is getting interested! Before he listened to the mainstream 'music' (if you can call it music...) and now he starts to like it. His favorite song is Devil's Lullaby. He's singing it everytime I see him :D

-Tell others that they are brainwashed by the bad music, and that Lordi is the only good music. :P

-It made me play guitar, and I'm going to have some drumlessons soon. So I'm sooooo happy I discovered Lordi :D

RIP Otus!
Rubenlink

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Did you do that?! Wow, you really are possessed by Mr. Lordi aren't you

Yes i did that , i think it was in 2007 when they performed at the Shwung festival in Belgium but they just said NO !!! Ofcourse that was before i got to meet MR.Lordi or getting backstage in the first place couse my biggest dream came treu a year after that at the Waldrock festival and since that day everything changed for me but yes , i really did that ! And yes , i,m just crazy about MR.Lordi but that,s nothing new i guess :wink: I say that all the time

LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Location: THE NETHERLANDS .......but in my dreams it looks more like finland !!!! right in MR.Lordi,s arms...

Postby Isa » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:02 pm

I understand your point but at same time it proove that they do their work correctly

Somewhere it reassured me when it's such guard 'cos I know artist should be in security

Festival are always more hard for get backstage (not impossible but more hard)
Isa

Postby LIVING DEAD DOLLIE » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:19 pm

You are so right but i just tried to do that couse sometimes it will work . But again , i have to say that it was different in my case couse someone told me that it was all taken care of that i would go backstage after their show but there was something wrong with the communication so i couldn,t get backstage at all :cry: . And then i tried it with giving him some money :wink: You never know !
Last edited by LIVING DEAD DOLLIE on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LIVING DEAD DOLLIE

Next

Return to General discussion