Monsterboard

The golden age of MB

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

When was MB according to you best to be at?

2002-2003
9%
2003-2004
No votes
2004-2005
9%
2005-2006
No votes
2006-2007
27%
2007-2008
27%
2008-2009
5%
2009-2010
18%
2010-2011 and onwards
5%

Total votes : 22

The golden age of MB

Postby judge death » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:07 pm

Well then as the title suggest: Which years was it according to your opinion MB best to be at?
Tell memories and links to threads etc which you like from that time. :)

I can´t tell how it was around here before 2006, even though I was maybe online back then one time each month since we had back then the old phone modem system which made so you couldn't call when using and costed for each minute, not before 2008 I got a broadband.

My vote goes to: 2007-2008, I then began to be more active here, before halfway into 2007 I was barely here and had 3 times many posts on other forums than here. We encouraged each other to start projects about Lordi and help each other out.
In 2007-2008 we had big discussions which were nice and we learned from and the fanfic section was very alive with over 20 writers posting chapters each day.

Members such as: metalskull, cheavy, Ayra raven, Janna, Dark thorn, askon, Thanatos, Atrak, bassdämon, Berghani, lostinstable, mikropose, linus, grims, Vicky, narif, nemesiz666, daughter of beast, BotB and FO was active, omingod_1, mummys, stann, unholy_angel, WMUFD, Nighty and so many more who has a big place in my heart and will never forget you people!

Now it is a dear memory for me and my friends who think the same. Days when we celebrated Awa´s birthday with making in MMB 15 pages about just that and Hemitys warned us or be banned for it. XD GTBBG had a serious rpg site and moderated it and people here had contests there you could win new Lordi singles and stuff or give away Lordi merch.

Okay not the best thread for showing how it was but:
http://forum.lordi.fi/viewtopic.php?t=9 ... sc&start=0
Shows a bit how it was. :)

So please, tell your memories and when you liked mb most? :)
Would appreciate if people from 2002 could tell how it was back then, so see this as a nostalgia thread as well. ;)

Please: No fighting in here, no: 2006 was better, 2008 sucked and other posts which leads to a flame war, each person have the right to think and write what the person want, nothing wrong with that and should not have to write 10 long page essay about why either. Respect each others opinions.(As we did back in 2008, okay that was more a joke.)
If fighting occurs and goes heavily off topic: I would want to see the thread locked.

Since some seems to havent got the point of this thread:

It is not about Lordi, it is not critics for MB or anyone here, It has no point and was not made to critice mb how it is now etc, it is not a text blaming anyone or the forum. Only reason I put it here is that it is related to Lordi since MB is made for the band, else it could be in misc babbling section.

This is just a normal thread other forums do where people tell memories and which time they liked the most/had most fun/most nostalgic about. It is not trying to improve mb or similair, just a place there users can write what they THINK was most fun to be around in here and somewhere people can talk.

It is not a super duper serious thread with a point of trying to solve or improve anything.
If you are looking after that and want a thread which improves mb you are looking in the wrong thread, but go ahead and do one. :) Rather than hacking down in this thread, use that energy to do that type of threads instead.
Last edited by judge death on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Theeee crimeee issssss lifeeeeee, theeee ssseeenteeeenceeeee isss DEATH!
I´m heeereeeee to cureeee you all from your ssssinnssssssss, I´m your ssssalvation.
judge death

Postby Joni Master » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Ha ha, I loved anti Joni time. :lol: Im been since 2003 and I love 2003-2006 era. We had so much fun in Finnish side. :lol:

2006-2008 was also cool time. I was then also in English side. And had also very much fun there! And I also started serious Lordi collecting in 2008 summer. It was nice to finally to get same level other collector that was allways My dream, but too bad that too many people was left Lordi then.

2009-2011 is been quite boring, Im only who posting new collection items in Lordi collectors topic and is really hard to get motivation to anymore "buy all Lordi stuff". So thats why example Im not bought Breakfast box.

But Im looking forward to see the next era. But right now looks like Eurovision time was the most popular and mayby best Lordi era. So I vote it. (2006-2007)
Joni Master

Postby Nights_of_nightmares » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Well, voted for 2007-2008, because 2007 I registered in MB for the first time, and I really liked the members here because they were so nice and friendly. And it was in MB i began writing ffs ^^ (althoughI'vebecomefuckinglazywiththemnow...*facepalms*)

One of my memories from that time was when I met Janna, JD and WMUFD, by yelling in many different languages in Miscellaneous babbling "WE WANT SNOW!" :lol: [size=0](andthenwebeganlookingateachothers'ffs ^^)[/size]

... For the moment my memory seem the as great as a goldfish's, because I can't remember so much form the time, but I remember clearly that I had fun, and that people here were really nice :) Miss those times though :(
(Thank you troubl3 for you made this to me! :))
23th April, the night I saw Lordi live for the first time... And 24th I got PM from Lordi... Thanks!!!<3
Nights_of_nightmares

Postby _SYNDICATE_ » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 pm

I think the best time was when Joni wasn't active in the English side yet :D
But if talking seriously, I think the best time was back in 2007. It's because a lot of eurovision "fans" were gone already and there were a lot of active and friendly fans.
I don't like the forum as it is now. It's boring and not active at all. I can hardly find a topic where I would like to say something, back in the day it was way more interesting to be here. :)
_SYNDICATE_

Postby Joni Master » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:03 am

_SYNDICATE_ wrote:I think the best time was when Joni wasn't active in the English side yet :D
But if talking seriously, I think the best time was back in 2007. It's because a lot of eurovision "fans" were gone already and there were a lot of active and friendly fans.
I don't like the forum as it is now. It's boring and not active at all. I can hardly find a topic where I would like to say something, back in the day it was way more interesting to be here. :)

Thanks. :lol: Dont even looks the Finnish side, its really silent, which is really sad.
Joni Master

Postby Sooophie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 am

For me it's 2009-2010. I got registered in 2009.
Last edited by Sooophie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sooophie

Postby Erina » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:04 am

Where is choice "Can't say just one, it's been so great here"? Because I'd vote that one. Seriously, I can't name just one period. I love this place and most of the time I've been hanging around here it's been pretty effing fun.
latua oon lesbo
Erina

Postby PEML94 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:34 pm

I've been registered here since 2009. And I have loved every moment of it! Except when BFB was released and the cosumes shown, it was just too much to read all the time, you couldn't wait 5 minutes untill you had a whole page to read :lol: So sometimes it's too much, but I can't help but loving to read this forum, no matter which era :)
PEML94

Postby Rubenlink » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:22 pm

I've been here since 2010, but I was looking on MB since a few years so I don't really know much about the forum... I loved the time when BFB was released, and when the costumes were revealed... Good ol' times :D

RIP Otus!
Rubenlink

Postby Good To Be Bad Girl » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:29 pm

I gotta say my time as a newbie was the best one... :)
It has all my best memories, the best times, and I miss a lot of the people who were around here back then... And y'know, just got back about 6 months ago after a LONG break, so can't really say I have any memories of 2008-2009, or even Deadache for that matter... :lol:
So I voted for 2006-2007. :mrgreen:
|Otus Vampire Trio| and |The Awesome Threesome| <3
Miss Banana Norway 2010 <3 || Trapped Bird, my monster-padawan! \,,/
Good To Be Bad Girl

Postby Monsta » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 pm

I am seriously getting really tired of you guys that keeps going "ooh I remember the golden days when it was fun here","this forum is dead now buhuhuhuhuhuuuu".
Well then do something about it!?

I wasn't online in the ESC times, so I don't know how it was back then, but these kind of topics makes me really frustrated....
Monsta

Postby Mooneyman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 pm

This topic is purposeless. There's really no need whatsoever. Frankly, everybody is to blame if it's not like 'The Golden Days'.

It takes a lot of people to change an atmosphere.

Furthermore, Lordi ARE on hiatus now. It is not theirs nor is it our fault that there is no news to discuss. The BFB era did have a fair amount of discussion, it's just not quite been as active as Deadache was.
Last edited by Mooneyman on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mooneyman

Postby anushka » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 pm

I have to say I agree with Monsta :?

And I don´t think it´s too dead here. Maybe now when Lordi have some pause or how to call this silence around them. But If I remember right the time when new masks was showed or BFB was released there were very discusions about that.
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby King » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:13 pm

This topic would have a lot more purpose if it was of the golden years of Lordi instead of the board. So, I answer as I'd like:

2005-2006. A lot of great new things happened, Eurovision seemed like a good thing, Lordi was on the news and the media was interested, plenty of gigs, signing sessions, new CD, new guys, new songs that kicked some ass (not that they wouldn't nowadays!)... It was a great change of coordination, great time of a lot of new. I miss that time. A lot. Media has gone nuts, fans have gone and there's only a bunch of diehards. Though I guess the fan spot is a double edged sword, kinda like it kinda don't.
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Hemitys » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Monsta wrote:I am seriously getting really tired of you guys that keeps going "ooh I remember the golden days when it was fun here","this forum is dead now buhuhuhuhuhuuuu".
Well then do something about it!?

I wasn't online in the ESC times, so I don't know how it was back then, but these kind of topics makes me really frustrated....

Amen to that.

It's pretty absurd that some users blame the active users for MB being too quiet. I don't think it's their fault that people who got into the bandwagon couple of years ago weren't so loyal after all.

Believe me, I've been here since the beginning and this is actually the first period where some of our current active users have started to blame other people for turning this forum quiet and "boring". This NEVER happened sometimes during 2002-2005 when this place was as "quiet" as it is now. Sometimes you need to look into the mirror (or your previous posts) before you start accusing other people. There's no one stopping you from being active, polite and fanatic.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Return to General discussion