Monsterboard

Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Postby Hemitys » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:52 pm

For more information check out:

http://www.lordifilm.com/

Now this sounds interesting. I hope we finally get to see THE Lordi documentary we've waiting for years and years. It would have been awesome to see this year already since it's the anniversary but hey - I guess at this point the extra year of waiting is nothing :wink:

My only wish is that the lenght is more than two hours. There's no way to go through 20+ years in 45 minutes.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Re: Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Postby Joni Master » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Nice! Its nice to see that they arent forgot. :)
Joni Master

Postby Isa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:55 pm

Is it possible to delete the topic I make in release ?

There will be a new documentary film on Lordi.
The film follows the band behind the scenes for the first time. It will also include new archive material about Mr. Lordi's childhood and from the very birth of the band twenty years ago.
Check out our website http://www.lordi.fi and the movie website.
http://www.lordifilm.com/

Finnish production company Illume Oy has acquired exclusive rights to make a film about Lordi. The film follows the band and it’s leading man Mr Lordi behind the scenes for the first time. It will include new archive material from Tomi Putaansuu’s childhood and from the very birth of the band twenty years ago.

The international project’s premiere is planned for Spring 2014. Filming has taken place in Finland and elsewhere in Europe as well as in the US. Development support has come from Finnish funders and also from the MEDIA programme of the European Union.

The director, Antti Haase is an award winner, for example Film Australia Documentary Award and Luleå Art Bienniale. Producers for Illume Oy are Venla Hellstedt and Jouko Aaltonen.

Director Antti Haase says: ‘When we were children, Mr. Lordi was the one and only friend who passionately wanted to be a monster. I believe that Lordi’s story will appeal to everyone who refuses to give up their dreams, despite the greatest obstacles.’

Mr. Lordi says: ‘We wanted to lift the curtain on the band’s image at long last and enlighten the reality behind the masks and the costumes, that is sometimes not so glamorous. Never before have we let cameras in to follow our life so closely. Antti is the best Director for this film, because he knows where the band and I spring from. Our childhood homes are just a few hundred meters apart in Rovaniemi, Lapland.’
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby miss_brutality » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 pm

2014 that's like a lifetime from now :cry: But I'm really looking forward to it ! .. as long as it's not in finnish though.
"... the reality behind the masks and the costumes..." Oh please .. tell me that there won't be any footage of them unmasked :?
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Isa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:48 pm

We talk about Lordi, you will not see their face
Isa

Postby Hemitys » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:53 pm

miss_brutality wrote:2014 that's like a lifetime from now :cry: But I'm really looking forward to it ! .. as long as it's not in finnish though.
"... the reality behind the masks and the costumes..." Oh please .. tell me that there won't be any footage of them unmasked :?

Was wondering the exact same thing. I mean how close can the camera actually get without showing the people behind the masks? I know what they've been saying for years and it's highly unlikely they'll show the faces but hey you know - some other dudes made the same mistake about 30 years ago so...
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby monsterknight » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Hemitys wrote:
miss_brutality wrote:2014 that's like a lifetime from now :cry: But I'm really looking forward to it ! .. as long as it's not in finnish though.

Was wondering the exact same thing. I mean how close can the camera actually get without showing the people behind the masks? I know what they've been saying for years and it's highly unlikely they'll show the faces but hey you know - some other dudes made the same mistake about 30 years ago so...

They won't be shown without masks. That has been told in Finnish magazine Seura that released today. There was also told that the film's budget is 500 000 euros and length is 90min.
monsterknight

Postby Joni Master » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Im more curious who gonna go see it? There are tiny group of fans. And I think no-one "normal" people are interested. :roll:
Joni Master

Postby Monsta » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Since the budget is on 500 000 euro I believe this is a pretty big project. I'm wildly guessing that they are making it in the style of the Anvil documentary (For those who haven't seen it, see it!) If it gets the same attention as that one this can be a very good thing for the band if they want to reach out to a bigger audience.

However, I am both excited and a little bit sad. It really does seem like this will be the end of their monster image. (I don't expect them to drop their image, but they will just simply become guys in masks.) It would be impossible to make a pure documentary that feels "real" if they will be trying to hide their faces. Ah well, time will see.
Monsta

Postby _SYNDICATE_ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:33 pm

I hope it's not gonna be released in finnish only but I guess that wouldn't be a big surprise.
_SYNDICATE_

Postby _SYNDICATE_ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Monsta wrote:Since the budget is on 500 000 euro I believe this is a pretty big project. I'm wildly guessing that they are making it in the style of the Anvil documentary (For those who haven't seen it, see it!) If it gets the same attention as that one this can be a very good thing for the band if they want to reach out to a bigger audience.

However, I am both excited and a little bit sad. It really does seem like this will be the end of their monster image. (I don't expect them to drop their image, but they will just simply become guys in masks.) It would be impossible to make a pure documentary that feels "real" if they will be trying to hide their faces. Ah well, time will see.

You're late about 7 years. The monster image started to fall apart after Eurovision and it disappeared after BFB was released, leaving just the latex masks. They don't act like monsters since TMD era.
_SYNDICATE_

Postby Monsta » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:41 pm

I fully agree with you. I just meant that this will be the nail in the coffin.
Oh I wish I was a Lordi fan in the Get Heavy/TMD era ...
Monsta

Postby tsark » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Monsta wrote: It really does seem like this will be the end of their monster image.

Image? I thought they were real?!? :shock: HAVE I BEEN LIVING A LIE THIS WHOLE TIME?!?

Personally I love finding out all I can about who does what and how things work, like with magic tricks, but for me it still stays magical for me...there again, I am a big kid :P No hope for me I guess lol!
I hope it's like the Anvil documentary and Dark Floors, those two actually made it to Blockbuster Video store over here, easy access for me :mrgreen:
tsark

Postby Isa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm suddenly on imagine them dressed normally but with all the Lordi mask we could have with Deadache :lol:
Isa

Postby monsterknight » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Monsta wrote:However, I am both excited and a little bit sad. It really does seem like this will be the end of their monster image. (I don't expect them to drop their image, but they will just simply become guys in masks.) It would be impossible to make a pure documentary that feels "real" if they will be trying to hide their faces. Ah well, time will see.

Weeelll there have been already lots of video and photo material of the band without masks in Finnish tv and magazine releases since 06, just filmed from the backside or for example in Mie Oon Lordi their faces are censored by photos of the masks. This is not so big deal nowadays.
monsterknight

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:44 am

Maybe it's sour grapes, maybe I've gone senile and miserable with age, but I believe someone once said, perhaps not in these exact words, but a similar tone and style. I can't find the actual quote, so here goes:

"You see, it's like Santa Claus. You don't care about the guy underneath the beard, who goes home and does his taxes like everyone else. You believe in the spirit, in the image, what it represents."

I'll leave it at that.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Kitawa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:35 pm

_SYNDICATE_ wrote:I hope it's not gonna be released in finnish only but I guess that wouldn't be a big surprise.

Amen said on Twitter a while ago that it will be in English. Also I read from Finnish magazine Seura that they try to get it to theaters internationally.
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Kitawa

Postby tsark » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Kitawa wrote:
_SYNDICATE_ wrote:I hope it's not gonna be released in finnish only but I guess that wouldn't be a big surprise.

Amen said on Twitter a while ago that it will be in English. Also I read from Finnish magazine Seura that they try to get it to theaters internationally.

That'd be fantastic, I hate missing out on Lordi stuff because I'm English, well, that and I can't find anywhere nearby that teaches Finnish :lol:
tsark

Postby Hemitys » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:15 am

Even though they would speak finnish in the documentary, there would be of course english subtitles.

(or so I strongly assume)
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby miss_brutality » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 pm

:o In theaters ??? I'd freakin die !!!
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Monsterlady38 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:00 pm

I have to see this documentry! I don't care whether its in finnish or english, its Lordi to me and I wanna know more about their lives and how the band formed and whatever else they talk about. Wait, what did Amen say about it in theaters?
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Missing Miss Cali » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

I have huge, HUGE doubts it'll come out in Romania. Possibly the UK but I think if it does come out in the UK then it'll probably be in England. I don't really think it'll be out in Wales :(

But I guess (hope) that at one point it'll be on DVD and I'll be able to order it :)
And I wish you well in hell
Missing Miss Cali

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Missing Miss Cali wrote:I have huge, HUGE doubts it'll come out in Romania. Possibly the UK but I think if it does come out in the UK then it'll probably be in England. I don't really think it'll be out in Wales :(

But I guess (hope) that at one point it'll be on DVD and I'll be able to order it :)

I'm probably gonna wait to order it too. Chances are it's not gonna be coming to theaters in Canada so I'll wait to order too. :)
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby _eesti999_ » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:34 am

http://ylex.yle.fi/uutiset/popuutiset/lordi-suurhankkeelle-120-000-euroa-ennakkotukea

The Finnish Film Foundation is giving to Lordi documentary 120 000 euros, to support the movie. The full budget is 500 000 euros, and it's also aiming to the international movie theatres.
_eesti999_

Postby miss_brutality » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:31 am

_eesti999_ wrote:http://ylex.yle.fi/uutiset/popuutiset/lordi-suurhankkeelle-120-000-euroa-ennakkotukea

The Finnish Film Foundation is giving to Lordi documentary 120 000 euros, to support the movie. The full budget is 500 000 euros, and it's also aiming to the international movie theatres.

Oh Em Gee :lol: Sounds amazing! Seriously if that movie gets released in Bulgaria I'm gonna go see it at elast 10 times :lol: !
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Next

Return to General discussion