Monsterboard

Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Postby Monsta » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:54 am

Monsta

Postby anushka » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:15 pm

What is the most important thing not only for me where we will able to see it. Will it be only in finnish cinemas or also abroad? If not will it be released as DVD and when? Many questions on my mind :lol:
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Maddy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:26 pm

anushka wrote:What is the most important thing not only for me where we will able to see it. Will it be only in finnish cinemas or also abroad? If not will it be released as DVD and when? Many questions on my mind :lol:

I guess that it will be in cinemas only in Finland. Or at least I can't imagine any German cinema to air this documentary.
Can be that I'm wrong with this, but I don't have any high hopes about this.
So, I guess we will have to wait until it will be released on DVD. I just hope that it will be released shortly after it came to the cinemas.
Sacred and Wild.

Postby Monsterlady38 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Trailer was great. :) but I highly doubt that it'll hit theaters over here so I don't know maybe amazon will be my source months and months later.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Less than one month 2 go! :D

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Digi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:22 am

As long as there will be a english version of the documentary I don´t care if it doesn´t appear in German cinemas...
Digi

Postby Anthalerero » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:43 am

They are trying to get it in some selected german cinemas too, yeah :)
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby Joni Master » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Joni Master

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Joni Master wrote:http://cdon.fi/elokuvat/monsterimies-28503678

Did you order yet? :wink:
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby Joni Master » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:41 am

Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:
Joni Master wrote:http://cdon.fi/elokuvat/monsterimies-28503678

Did you order yet? :wink:

Not yet. :)
Joni Master

Postby Hemitys » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:51 pm

To my surprise the documentary has been getting great reviews here in Finland. So far I've seen three reviews from big music and movie magazines and they have all given the film four out of five stars so that's really nice. All of them have mentioned that although the movie is mostly about the ESC backlash and other struggles, in the end the message is positive and encouraging, as it was with the Anvil documentary too. Looking forward to seeing this on next weekend.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Isa » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm unpatient to can see it or at least know more about it. From translation I get of review it seem interesting
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby Anthalerero » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Hemitys wrote:To my surprise the documentary has been getting great reviews here in Finland. So far I've seen three reviews from big music and movie magazines and they have all given the film four out of five stars so that's really nice. All of them have mentioned that although the movie is mostly about the ESC backlash and other struggles, in the end the message is positive and encouraging, as it was with the Anvil documentary too. Looking forward to seeing this on next weekend.

Aah, great to hear! :) So this is something to really look forward for!

Anthalerero

Postby Joni Master » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:09 pm

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/elokuvat/art- ... 05757.html

You can see clips from movie here...
Joni Master

Postby Isa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Mr Lordi posted on website and from what google could translate it's.............interesting (we will say it so)

Does a Finnish member have desire to translate it for us ?

Others I can try do it but will take me many hours

From what I have understand the documentary show Awa face and let say the band was not happy (for say it nicely) as even she's not in band anymore they still keep be strict on that. Also fact they regret that the "behind the scene" that would interested us more, as fans, aren't present BUT it will be included in the DVD. Without say at all that documentary is bad or not worth seeing, Mr Lordi still (and rest of band) still can't stand 100% behind documentary
Isa

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Isa wrote:Mr Lordi posted on website and from what google could translate it's.............interesting (we will say it so)

Does a Finnish member have desire to translate it for us ?

Others I can try do it but will take me many hours

From what I have understand the documentary show Awa face and let say the band was not happy (for say it nicely) as even she's not in band anymore they still keep be strict on that. Also fact they regret that the "behind the scene" that would interested us more, as fans, aren't present BUT it will be included in the DVD. Without say at all that documentary is bad or not worth seeing, Mr Lordi still (and rest of band) still can't stand 100% behind documentary

I was just telling Miss-Elodia over on Skype what this is all about so I'll post what I already told her here. If someone else wants to actually go and translate Mr. Lordi's full statement then feel free to do so as this will just be my quick summary of the main points in my own words.

Basically the director of the documentary decided to include a scene in the movie where we see a member unmasked. Mr. Lordi never states who this member is but from what I'm hearing apparently the member in question is Awa. Therefor the band boycotted the premiere and didn't show up, and Mr. Lordi says the director Antti Haase has made it into Mr. L's little black book as he completely betrayed his trust. So the band can't and won't stand 100 percent behind the film since their stance is and continues to be that no member - past or present - should be seen unmasked in the context of the band.

Mr. Lordi also says that while the film is a damn good one it only shows one half of the truth. The director decided to focus on all the negative things that have happened to Lordi in the past few years and left out the good stuff. Mr. Lordi says that while he understands this from a dramatic point of view as the film needs to have a dramatic arc, he also wants the fans to know that while everything in the film is factual, it's only one half of the truth.‏

He also states that most of the material from the archives regarding the band's history that we've all been looking forward to is not in the film as the director wanted to focus on Mr. Lordi and the hardships he's been through. But the good news regarding that is that Mr. Lordi promises all that behind-the-scenes material from the vaults will be on the DVD as bonus features.‏

Finally he says that the film gives off the impression that he consults his family and friends regarding band politics. He says that while he may speak of these things with them, all decisions regarding the band are made within the band and together with management and the record label. The film just leaves that out. He also says the director specifically wanted scenes of him with his mother which is why he felt awkward shooting those scenes as he doesn't usually consult his mother regarding the band.‏ He also states that the film gives off the impression that he felt bullied as a kid which isn't the case.

So yeah, not a dull moment with this band, I gotta say. Fucking hell... I'm seeing the documentary tomorrow so I more than likely will actually have something to say regarding all of this after I've actually seen what Mr. Lordi's comments are about. But for the time being if there is anything positive to say about all this drama it's that we'll finally get all that behind-the-scenes footage of the band's history on the DVD.
Last edited by MarkusHasADeadache on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Riemu » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Basically, it seems like the band didn't have much to power over the finished product. Mr. L says that the documentary only shows the sad and melancholic side of the events and all the training sessions, costume building, recordings, photo-shoots and generally all the happy moments are missing, even though the band really wanted those scenes to be there. Lordi had given hundreds of hours of behind the scenes material for the director, but next to none were used. Apparently the documentary purposefully makes things look very negative and we all know that's not the whole story.

There seems to be quite a bit of material the band didn't approve (for example the face of Awa) and L just stated that "I cannot 100% stand behind the theatre cut of this film."

But it's not all bad. L says that the DVD version of the film is going to contain all the behind the scenes material the band wanted to include in the first place and it seems like they are going to make changes for the physical release. So hopefully we're going to be all right.

E: Dammit Markus, you were faster than me :D
Last edited by Riemu on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riemu

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:14 pm

Riemu wrote:E: Dammit Markus, you were faster than me :DD

Sorry. :P

Joni Master wrote:http://www.iltasanomat.fi/elokuvat/art-1288743205757.html

You can see clips from movie here...

I couldn't help but crack up at Mana making faces at the mirror. :lol: Based on that clip the footage from the To Beast photo shoot is at least really cool. :)
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Isa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:18 pm

I also liked Mana and even share specially video on fanpage

On what you had say, you can add that band did saw the film before, they told on director what they would be changed but he didn't listen
Isa

Postby Anthalerero » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:19 pm

Sorry to say this guys, but to me this sounds a bit like a "designed scandal", to push peoples interest in the documentary. If someone was really betrayed, it sure is really bad - but at the moment i can't believe that. It suspect a marketing strategy, unless i know better.

Anthalerero

Postby MrKaarle » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Anthalerero wrote:Sorry to say this guys, but to me this sounds a bit like a "designed scandal", to push peoples interest in the documentary. If someone was really betrayed, it sure is really bad - but at the moment i can't believe that. It suspect a marketing strategy, unless i know better.

Wow. :| That is completely not the case. As someone who was talked with Mr. Lordi about this, I have to say you couldn't be more wrong about that. I'm sure you don't mean any harm with your comment, but I have tell as I know the things to be.
''Jätkä kuulostaa ihan Otukselta!''
-Mr. Lordi
MrKaarle

Postby Anthalerero » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Probably i'm just too skeptical in that... i didn't meant this as an offense, it just was my first thought when i heard that. Sadly this is a quite often used strategy in media business, that's why it sounded like that to me at first glimpse.

Anthalerero

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:57 am

The fact that this unmasking thing is still an issue boggles my mind.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby korovnikovd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:25 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:The fact that this unmasking thing is still an issue boggles my mind.

Well, seems like Antti Haase's purpose was to show spectators this indescribably important thing - Lordi without masks.
korovnikovd

Postby Joni Master » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:26 am

Joni Master

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion