Monsterboard

Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Postby Isa » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:32 am

I would like copy you the answer of the documentary team after some fans contacted them on their FB page

Lordi Documentary : The team behind the film are shocked and sad. We filmed all the scenes in cooperation with the people who appear in them. We respect Mr Lordi, the band and their artistic vision. It was our understanding that they respect the Director's vision too.

don't confuse a team (because a movie it's a lot of people needed for do it) and one personne who sadly was the one who had the last word
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby korovnikovd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:46 am

It's really strange that the band disliked the documentary. Ok, they worked in cooperation, but why band members just didn't stop the film crew when they were doing something wrong?
korovnikovd

Postby MrKaarle » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:53 am

korovnikovd wrote:It's really strange that the band disliked the documentary. Ok, they worked in cooperation, but why band members just didn't stop the film crew when they were doing something wrong?

It's because they didn't know what kind of turn Antti Haase had decided to take the document towards to. As far as I know, they didn't know he had decided to make a more dramatic and melancholic document until earlier this year when the first drafts of how the final product would look like were shown to them. That is when the fact that one member's face was shown in the film came to their knowledge too. And Antti Haase refused to make any changes to it even though they wanted them.

You have to realise they were filming this document and gathering material for it for the past 3-4 years. It wasn't any sudden thing that the band could've just stopped right away when they saw something fucked up. They trusted the director in that and he had the power to decide what the final thing would look like.
Last edited by MrKaarle on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Jätkä kuulostaa ihan Otukselta!''
-Mr. Lordi
MrKaarle

Postby Joni Master » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Joni Master

Postby korovnikovd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Joni Master wrote:http://www.stara.fi/2014/09/27/lordi-avautuu-monsterimies-dokumentistaan/

He´s not angry? :roll:

I don't know, tell us. :wink: I don't speak Finnish.
korovnikovd

Postby Isa » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Just saw that a fan had post on Lordi Army FB page the translation of what Mr L say. I guess it can interested some people here too. I had begin translate but that translation is certainly much better.

Mr. Lordi's bulletin for the fans about Monsterman- film

Starting off with a paradox. The movie itself, as a film,
is really good. Even excellent at some points. But the
content is rather unilateral.

Even though the occurences shown in the film do serve the
story, it only tells half of the truth. Monsterman is
a half-truthful story assembled from documentary material.

Of course, everything shown in the film is real and has actually
happened. But it only shows the other side of the reality.
The other side that the film does not include, is just as
real. But you fans know this, as you have been on the tours
and followed the band.
You don't see many minutes of band activity in the film,
even though there would have been plenty of material.
The timeline and order of happenings has been occasionally
altered for the fluency of the story.

All the material that the band wanted to be shown in the
movie, is absent. Things like writing of songs, rehearsals,
back-stages, tour busses, album recordings, photo sessions,
music video filmings, assembling of the sets, preparing
and designing of masks and costumes, gigs from the tours in
different countries -these are not seen in the movie.
Not old clips from tours, no material from the years
before record deal. Hundreds of hours of material
produced by the band over nearly 20 years was handed
to the director Antti Haase, but his decision was to use
none of it.

But we are glad to tell our fans that on the DVD-version
of the film there will be all kinds of things
like that as an extra, the other side of the reality
that we wanted to show and tell, and that we know our
fans want to see.

I hope that our fans understand and remember, that although
we are speaking about a documentary film, it is still
a work of entertainment. A film is a story that requires
strong underlining of the aspects that support the plot,
and the complete omission of other aspects.

In this case, the choise of the director was to generalize
negative aspects and underline all misery, to achieve
drama and an ascending tone towards the end. Of course, as
I have been a little in the business, I understand
the importance of getting the viewer hooked.

However I would like to fix a few distorted visualizations
for the fans. The film might give an impression that the
decisions of the band are made with my best friend and
my mother, and afterwards we ask for the acceptance of
the record label. In reality the band makes the decisions
collectively together. Final decisions are made with
the management, recording companies and concert agencies;
with the people who didn't fit in the story of Monsterman-
film.

Although I might discuss the things with my friends,
no outsider has any power over the band's final decisions,
was it about song selection or going to TV- programms. I
have never spoken with my mother about the band stuff
before the filming of this movie; the scenes were shot
only for the film because of the requests by the director.
By the way, I never considered myself being bullied at
school, unlike the film suggests.

To conclude this, the cinematic release contains photo
material that me, or the band, could not accept in
any circumstances. We want our fans to know, that we
have never accepted the revealation of the face of any
Lordi member in the movie. The one thing that Lordi
must be known for all around the world, is the absolute
concealment of our faces from the public. For that,
the selection of the director is unforgiveable in all
impudence, especially of a person whom I invited very
close to the band for years to capture happenings and who
was therefore given a great trust by the band. I admit,
that I take this as a huge personal insult.

Lordi has never revealed the civil face of any of its
members, former or present. And this won't change.
Therefore I can not 100% stand behind the cinematic
version of the film nor fully underwrite it.
Isa

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:35 pm

There's one thing I've been wondering a bit.. Showing a face of an ex-member (it was Awa, right?) wasn't what the band wanted but maybe it was okay in Awa's opinion? I mean, almost every Lordi ex-member have shown their real faces.

So maybe the director had Awa's permission.
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby MrKaarle » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:There's one thing I've been wondering a bit.. Showing a face of an ex-member (it was Awa, right?) wasn't what the band wanted but maybe it was okay in Awa's opinion? I mean, almost every Lordi ex-member have shown their real faces.

I can answer that one quickly: nope, he didn't have even Awa's permission.
''Jätkä kuulostaa ihan Otukselta!''
-Mr. Lordi
MrKaarle

Postby Isa » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:49 pm

In reality only two did....Magnum and Kita

The others never say officially "yes I am...." (add name you want)
Isa

Postby Police Line Do Not Cross » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:53 pm

MrKaarle wrote:
Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:There's one thing I've been wondering a bit.. Showing a face of an ex-member (it was Awa, right?) wasn't what the band wanted but maybe it was okay in Awa's opinion? I mean, almost every Lordi ex-member have shown their real faces.

I can answer that one quickly: nope, he didn't have even Awa's permission.

Well in that case the director's actions suck even more.

Isa wrote:In reality only two did....Magnum and Kita

I said that almost everyone have shown their faces, I didn't say anything about doing an official statement or anything.. :lol:
Police Line Do Not Cross

Postby anushka » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Mostly I was looking for the backstage videos, making costumes and recording session in the movie. Really pity it's not included. Good it will be as extras on DVD but still.... Question is what kind of movie the director wanted to create. Movie for fans? I'm not sure. I will surly order the DVD just to see this kind of stuff.
I feel really confused to read about the movie and don't understand how it could happen. Ok, so the band saw the final product, they said they don't like some parts and asked to change them. Well, but they didn't check it again right before the premiere? I really don't understand this process.
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Hemitys » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:46 pm

Here are my initial thoughts after seeing the documentary couple of hours ago. Just a quick translation of my finnish text so don't expect anything fancy.

So after the friday's big fuzz I eventually went to see the film. And I have to say... it was pretty damn good. Pretty damn good at portraying one band's struggles during a certain period. If you were waiting to see an in-depth history of Lordi as a band, you're going to be disappointed. As the title (Monsterman) promises, the film focuses almost entirely on Mr. Lordi and the only other members who have more than few lines are actually the previous members. I find it pretty weird that the ones who are the nearest to the band and the man - the band members themselves! - are basically muted out.

The document is edited in a very 'reality-tv'-kinda way which means that the lows are extremely low and the highs are extremely high. Because of this, you'll easily get a picture that Lordi as a band was basically dead during the years 10-13. It's like the film is trying to prove that the majority of finnish people are actually right when they say that Lordi is yesterday's news, has-beens or however you wanna put it. Which was never the truth. I guess that's called creating entertainment and some dramatic structure. But the magic of film making works and in the end I found myself almost teary-eyed when band "returned" to big foreign festival stages and crowds. At the same time I was also very aware that these kind of shows were happening also during the filming of the documentary, not only at the end.

I would have loved to see more behind the scenes material from the band itself. I was pissed when I saw Mr. Lordi's list of all the stuff we missed, which includes the songwriting, rehearsals, backstages, tour busses, album recordings, photo sessions, music video filmings, assembling of the sets, preparing and designing of masks and costumes, gigs from the tours in different countries etc. All that stuff we've been dying to see for the last ten years. Hopefully the DVD will be loaded with that stuff as promised.

But overall, after all the critisism, this film left me with a warm and good feeling inside. This is mostly because Mr. Lordi's endless passion for his life work and you'll really see that passion through the film. No matter how bad things get, the man doesn't give up no matter what. He's smoking pipe at his cottage, writing songs, drinking Pepper and creating costumes though the band has just basically broken into pieces. While the documentary takes itself too seriously from the time and can be a bit corny sometimes, (what's with the super-dramatic background piano music?) the movie has very strong themes. In the end it's all about perseverance, courage and passion. Though the film has it flaws, it's trying to emphasize those three things. And that's always a good thing in my books. At the end of the film you'll be most likely inspired and feeling good. At least that happened to me.

The documentary is an interesting take on a certain era of Lordi's career and although it's partially exaggerated, it still manages to entertain and get you invested. I'm pretty sure you'll like this piece, whether you're a fan of the band or not. It's the same vibe as Some Kind Of Monster and the Anvil film and I think these kind of films do terrific job letting the beginners know that it's not always easy to be in a band, no matter the size of the band. Members leaving, one disappointment after another, wrong chemistry within the band, the problems of song writing etc. The same problems, no matter the band.

So yeah, I found myself entertained. Also at the same time you have to keep in mind that it's just a certain version of the truth. It's entertainment. It's exceptionally interesting piece of entertainment. But IMO that was mostly because the subject, not because of the execution.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:07 am

Hemitys wrote:It's the same vibe as Some Kind Of Monster and the Anvil film and I think these kind of films do terrific job letting the beginners know that it's not always easy to be in a band, no matter the size of the band.

Oh god please no.

Some Kind of Monster forever affirmed in my mind that Lars and James are utter tools and Mustaine needs to "Let It Go" and Anvil was a soul-ruining experience from some truly terrible people and choices.

Next thing you know we'll have a KISS documentary with Simmons and Stanley revisionist history.

Oh...wait.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Hemitys » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:30 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:
Hemitys wrote:It's the same vibe as Some Kind Of Monster and the Anvil film and I think these kind of films do terrific job letting the beginners know that it's not always easy to be in a band, no matter the size of the band.

Oh god please no.

Why not? Even if they're a bit exaggerated, they're still closer to the truth than for example... Second Coming from KISS :) It's also very entertaining but pretty tough to watch nowadays when you know what was actually going on.
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby miss_brutality » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:02 am

Is itjust me or is this band super bad at marketing :x
How are you supposed to promore a movie if you yourself say it's not as good as you wanted it to be? It was the same with Dark Floors - they wanted it to be more bloody. Ok whut why d you go out with statements like this before the release?!?! This puzzles me so hard! This is not the time for honesty - it's the time to say it's th best movie ever made and get people to go watch it !!!

Anyway - I'm excited to see it. I have no idea when that's gonna happen as it won't be in theaters here. But Iknow sooner or later I'm gonna get my hands on it and love it very much :D
Forever and Always!
miss_brutality

Postby Isa » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Police Line Do Not Cross wrote:
Isa wrote:In reality only two did....Magnum and Kita

I said that almost everyone have shown their faces, I didn't say anything about doing an official statement or anything.. :lol:

Like I understand text it is "in the case of Lordi" "when it's about Lordi" they didn't show face.
If we see it so no one of the members who showed face did it when it was "Lordi". It was with personal profil (like twitter) or with their other band

Miss_brutality, if there wasn't any statement how many people would had mind that band was now accepting we show their face. How many would had mind that they talked about "behind the scene" for in the end do a Mr Lordi movie and how his life was sad. People wouldn't had mind it was director choice but that it was band choice.

About marketing it was better to not dissapointed those who already buy their material then take risk to lose those
Isa

Postby Monsta » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:08 pm

As much as I wanted archive material and lots of backstage stuff, I understand the choice of not having much of that. Although some things seems to be very distorted in the documentary I still look forward to seeing it. I hope we'll get news soon of when we non-finns can watch it!
Last edited by Monsta on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monsta

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:54 pm

So I saw Monsterman yesterday.

It was alright.

Hemitys summed up my thoughts on it pretty well at the end of his post:
Hemitys wrote:It's exceptionally interesting piece of entertainment. But IMO that was mostly because the subject, not because of the execution.

My thoughts exactly. While the film was definitely a good watch because it's a movie about Lordi and being a Lordi fan I'm going to be entertained regardless, as a movie I do feel it could've been executed a lot better than it was. Basically a lot of the problems I had with it seemed to go pretty much hand in hand with what Mr. Lordi says his problems are with it. My reasons however are probably a bit different from his seeing as how I'm merely a fan and he's the actual artist.

anushka wrote:Question is what kind of movie the director wanted to create. Movie for fans? I'm not sure.

The director Antti Haase has specifically stated that he didn't set out to create a movie specifically catered to Lordi fans but that he wanted to tell a more universal story that everyone could relate to. Now I can fully understand that and I don't have a problem at all with Haase picking an angle he finds interesting and telling a story from that point of view. But while I do completely understand his vision and his intentions, I think he could've done a much better job in terms of execution.

The film focuses pretty much solely on the period between the years 2011 and 2013, and I don't have a problem with that. This film is not the story of Lordi's entire history as a band, and it doesn't have to be. It's perfectly understandable for a movie to pick one specific period out of a larger whole because then you have the ability to tell as in depth as possible about this one specific period as opposed to just glancing over it and going over the most superficial aspects of it like you would if the movie was a story spanning several decades as opposed to just spanning three years. But that's just the thing - the movie doesn't give us an in-depth look into Lordi between the years 2011 and 2013. It basically tells us nothing at all about this period. It's like they made a that movie about Lordi's entire history, then picked the scenes focusing on 2011-2013 and then stretched those scenes out for an hour and a half with padding as opposed to adding in actual informative content. The fact that movie spends so much time dwelling on things without ever managing to go much below the surface is a paradox that baffles me.

This is my biggest problem with the film - as a documentary it's really not all that informative. The film basically cherry picks a few key moments from that three-year period and makes the entire thing about them when in the span of an hour and a half it could've and should've been able to tell us so much more than it does. A good example of this is the way the film introduces Otus into the picture. Basically we find out that Lordi has a drummer named Otus and then in the next scene he passes away. I of course care because I'm already a Lordi fan and I mourned Otus' passing when it happened along with all the other fans, but how much a casual viewer who knows nothing about Lordi would care is questionable since the film tells us next to nothing about who Otus was, what kind of person he was like and how much his contributions meant to the band. For how long the film spends dwelling on his death it actually tells us very little about him.

One of the best moments in the film however is regarding Otus' passing and I wish there would've been more scenes like it. There's a scene where OX is sitting by himself at the rehearsal loft playing his bass in front of Otus' drum kit. He says he wouldn't wanna change a thing or move the drums because Otus left them that way, followed by him saying it's hard to talk about it. I admit, I got a lump in my throat during that scene and I wish the film would've included more of Otus himself as well as band members talking about what he was like so we as viewers could've formed more of a connection to Otus and thus better connected with the grief Mr. Lordi and the rest of the band were feeling.

Then the other thing that the film makes a huge deal about is Kuorosota. Basically the impression I got from the narrative of the film is that Kuorosota was the single biggest mistake in the band's history and only through the salvation that was To Beast Or Not To Beast could Lordi rise up and come back from the dead. This we know is of course not even remotely true. Of course it's a fact that entering the show was a mistake in Mr. Lordi's mind and the documentary is proof that it had its toll, but we fans know that entering that show wasn't a career move that damn near killed Lordi. We fans know that it was merely a bump in the road - not a deep dark pit. So the fact that the film makes such a huge deal out of something that we know wasn't nearly as big of a deal as the film makes it out to be, the main conflict of the film comes off as kind of awkward since it's so blatantly obvious how manufactured it actually is.

That's one of the biggest problems with the film, I feel - Haase probably found that the actual events he was capturing weren't dramatic enough for his liking so he then set out to make mountains out of molehills to create that drama he was looking for since he couldn't do that just by telling the truth as it is. But I mean I don't blame him for wanting drama, and as Mr. Lordi has said despite the film being a documentary it also needs to be entertaining, so obviously certain things are tweaked to make the film as entertaining as possible. I mean it's true that the film for example messes with the timeline a little bit, but then again so did Anvil: The Story Of Anvil. The big gig Anvil plays at the end of that film actually happened before a lot of the events the film shows prior to the gig, but they needed an uplifting ending so they put that gig at the end of the movie. The same is the case in Monsterman - by making it out like Lordi is basically dead for a few years it makes Mr. Lordi stepping out in front of the huge crowd at Hellfest all the more uplifting. But from a fan's point of view I think Haase didn't execute this properly because the conflict is so obviously manufactured. I mean sure Lordi barely had any gigs in Finland, but they were still playing big shows all over Europe like the ones shown at the end of the movie. And guess what - Tour Beast Or Not Tour Beast didn't change the fact that Lordi had no gigs in Finland. So the film presents a conflict that it answers with something that doesn't actually resolve it which again makes it just seem awkward. The one real conflict the film does resolve however that made me feel good was that with the money Lordi made from Tour Beast Or Not Tour Beast they were able to pay off the debts they had at the start of the film. So it's good to know that Lordi are no longer in debt and can move forward with a clean slate.

I don't fault the film for focusing on a specific period of the band's history, but I feel it should've been much more informative than it was. By showing more of the band's routine and giving a more versatile and accurate view of what went on during the years the film was filmed it could've been a convincing depiction of the day-to-day life of a band that despite adversity just keeps pushing forward and never gives up as opposed to what I feel it is now which is an overly melodramatic film that makes mountains out of molehills and shows conflict where there is none. I know it's naive to expect a documentary to be completely truthful but you don't have to make it so goddamn obvious that the documentary isn't. That and I feel the film would've benefited from hearing other members than just Mr. Lordi despite him being the focus of the documentary. For example when The Drummer is asked to leave the band, we hear Mr. Lordi breaking the news to him on the phone yet we don't hear what The Drummer answers. And when he plays his last gig, we see a shot of him sitting by himself as the rest of the band is saying farewell to Awa since it was her last gig as well. With The Drummer not getting a voice in those scenes the band's treatment of him comes off as a bit cold.

Then again this is me talking from a fan point of view. Maybe casual viewers who don't follow the band will be more convinced by the story since they won't be distracted by all the things that from a fan's point of view is inaccurate. But as a fan while the film was definitely a good watch, it didn't really tell me anything new that I didn't already know. The film sheds more light on Awa's reasons for leaving the band and why The Drummer's stay in the band was so short-lived, but other than that I don't feel I really gained any info that would've come off as any sort of grand revelation. Basically the film merely served to reinforce that which I already knew about Mr. Lordi, and all the reasons why after eight years of being a fan I still continue to respect and admire the man to this day - his impeccable good taste, his undying dedication and absolute determination, his unwavering belief in what he does...

Mr. Lordi is like that child in art class that is drawing pictures of astronauts because his dream is to one day become one. When you tell that child that what they're drawing is dumb and that they should draw something else, you're not just telling them that their drawings are dumb. You're telling them that their passions and their aspirations are dumb, and that they as a person are fundamentally worthless - that there is no place for them to exist as the kind of person that they want to be. For Mr. Lordi there is no way of not being Lordi. The only thing he knows and wants to do with his life is create - to make music, to draw and paint, to make costumes... To tell Mr. Lordi that he's finished and that his dream is dead is to tell him that he is dead. When most people give up and compromise their aspirations to be what others want them to be, and when most grow up and sacrifice that child inside them for the chance to fit in with the others, the existence of men like Mr. Lordi who still continue to be who they want to be and who continue to make their life what they want it to be despite it not always being the easiest road is more important than ever. And I have to say that one of the most sympathetic characters in the film is Mr. Lordi's mother. Her love for her son and the support she gives him when others won't to show him that there are still people who believe in him, who value what he does and who want him just the way he is is nothing short of heartwarming and touching.

Finally to comment on the biggest reason for controversy with this documentary which is the unmasking of Awa, I must say I side with Mr. Lordi. Either Haase was genuinely so ignorant that he didn't realize how much it meant to Mr. Lordi not to include that shot in the movie or then he just didn't care and deemed that one shot more important than staying on good terms with Mr. Lordi and did it anyway. In my mind that shot was completely unnecessary as it adds nothing to the scene it's in or the movie as a whole outside of shock factor. I can't pretend to know what Haase's intentions are, but if he knew Lordi would never approve of this shot, it just comes off as a giant middle finger to Mr. Lordi and the band. I mean sure Haase might've been ignorant about how much this all means to Mr. Lordi, but I have a hard time believing that. I mean even the dumbest person should've caught on by now that there's one thing Lordi is absolute about, so for Haase to then go against the band's wishes on that - former member or not - is unforgivable.

The fact that it's one shot that lasts maybe five seconds makes all this even more incredible. All Haase had to do was take that one five-second shot out and everything would've been fine. Did that shot really mean so much to him that he just had to have it in the film? Why not just shoot Awa walking out of the room and then zoom in on her mask on the table, conveying that she walks away from the character and moves on as the character stays with Lordi? That would've been much more powerful and much more respectful to Lordi. Of course you could also make the case that Mr. Lordi is the one making too big of a fuss about all this, but while it is only one shot it bares reminding that out of all of Mr. Lordi's wishes Haase decided to go against, he went for the big one. The one biggest condition Mr. Lordi set for things and Haase couldn't even respect that. If it were not for that shot, I doubt Mr. Lordi would've even made as big of a deal about all this as he has. He might've stated in interviews his problems with the film but he might not have made a big public statement. I mean after years of being misquoted and misrepresented in interviews I don't blame him for wanting to make sure his side of the story is heard too. So the fact that to avoid this controversy all Haase had to do was take out that one shot the exclusion of which meant so much to Mr. Lordi and yet he couldn't even do that shows how much respect he actually has for Mr. Lordi and the band. I'm sure both parties made compromises along the way and neither is completely innocent in all this, but still I sympathize with Mr. Lordi in terms of that scene.

Overall if I am to rate the movie though, on the IMDb scale of ten I'd give the film a seven out of ten. It's not the Lordi documentary I was waiting for, and even as the kind of film Antti Haase wanted to make it it still isn't without its problems, but regardless for a fan it's an interesting watch and it's satisfactory 'til the DVD comes out with all the footage we've been waiting for. That and Scare Force One is only a month away, so we'll certainly have a lot to celebrate with Lordi in the coming months. :)

By the way, I spotted a few people from this forum in the movie so just a heads up. ;)

korovnikovd wrote:
Joni Master wrote:http://www.stara.fi/2014/09/27/lordi-avautuu-monsterimies-dokumentistaan/

He´s not angry? :roll:

I don't know, tell us. :wink: I don't speak Finnish.

Well that's part one of an apparently two-part interview, so we'll have to wait and see what's said in the second part once it's out. But in that one they never get to discussing Mr. Lordi's dissatisfaction with the movie and if you were to just watch that interview you wouldn't even know there were any problems at all - Mr. L seems pretty chill about things. But of course we can't know exactly how he's feeling unless he tells us. All we know is that he disapproves of aspects of the documentary and that he is hurt and disappointed in the director's choices - primarily the unmasking of Awa. But we can't know whether he's just disappointed or actually furious. The media of course has built it up saying that Mr. L is furious and outraged but we know how the media is - just because they put a certain spin on something doesn't mean it's true.
"I'm who I am and this is what I do!"
"In the name of the Lordi..."
Miss-Elodia - my naughty Lordi girl. <3
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Isa » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:10 pm

From your big text I only remember this

One of the best moments in the film however is regarding Otus' passing and I wish there would've been more scenes like it. There's a scene where OX is sitting by himself at the rehearsal loft playing his bass in front of Otus' drum kit. He says he wouldn't wanna change a thing or move the drums because Otus left them that way, followed by him saying it's hard to talk about it.

May seem stupid but it give me tears in eyes
Isa

Postby Angel Of Death » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:13 pm

what a great explanation Markus..it was surely really interesting to read and now I can't wait to see the documentary myself. On dvd that is then since I doubt the documentary will be shown in Belgium..
and some people from the forum..now I'm curious who :D (I hope not me, haha :D) will see it when getting the dvd in my hands..
Angel Of Death

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:55 am

Angel Of Death wrote:what a great explanation Markus..it was surely really interesting to read and now I can't wait to see the documentary myself. On dvd that is then since I doubt the documentary will be shown in Belgium..
and some people from the forum..now I'm curious who :D (I hope not me, haha :D) will see it when getting the dvd in my hands..

Well thank you, I'm glad my novel of a post was worth reading. :) As for people from the forum that I spotted in the movie, the one that caught my attention the most was Hisha who is seen getting her picture taken with the band at Hellfest in the movie. :P I do believe I also spotted MrKaarle and Anthalerero in the movie as well.

And I wanna mention a couple of additional scenes that I loved in the film since I forgot to mention 'em while I was writing that excruciatingly long post of mine. I think I already did enough complaining so I might as well balance my criticism out with some positives. :P

The last shot of the film, I gotta say, is absolutely brilliant. There's also a scene where Mr. Lordi is composing with some keyboards and he's hitting notes on the keyboard and trying to hit those notes with his voice. The catch though is that he's growling those notes with his Lordi voice. I don't know why but there's something amusing about hearing Mr. Lordi trying to hit notes like he's doing vocal exercises with that raspy voice of his. :lol:
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Kitawa » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:58 pm

When we are talking about a documentary film, we always should remember the fact that there is no such thing as an objective point of view. A film, be it documentary or fiction, is always the director's version of the story, the director's view of what happened. It can never be the ultimate truth about the state of things. Anyone expecting 100% truth is doomed to disappoint. If anything, this is what I learned in film school.

It is as Mr. Haase said: "Elokuvasta olisi varmasti tullut erinäköinen, jos Tomi olisi sen ohjannut. Seison kuitenkin elokuvan takana."
Translates as: "I am sure the film would have looked different if Tomi had directed it. None the less I stand behind the film."
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
Kitawa

Postby Anthalerero » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:47 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote: :P I do believe I also spotted MrKaarle and Anthalerero in the movie as well.

oh, shit... :lol:
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby MarkusHasADeadache » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Anthalerero wrote:
MarkusHasADeadache wrote: :P I do believe I also spotted MrKaarle and Anthalerero in the movie as well.

oh, shit... :lol:

Provided that that was you front row at a gig dressed up as Kalma, of course. :P
MarkusHasADeadache

Postby Hemitys » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:30 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote: There's also a scene where Mr. Lordi is composing with some keyboards and he's hitting notes on the keyboard and trying to hit those notes with his voice. The catch though is that he's growling those notes with his Lordi voice. I don't know why but there's something amusing about hearing Mr. Lordi trying to hit notes like he's doing vocal exercises with that raspy voice of his. :lol:

This was... golden. Bursted into laughter. He sounded like a lonely dog or something like that.
Hemitys
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion