Monsterboard

Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Postby Anthalerero » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:25 pm

MarkusHasADeadache wrote:
Anthalerero wrote:
MarkusHasADeadache wrote: :P I do believe I also spotted MrKaarle and Anthalerero in the movie as well.

oh, shit... :lol:

Provided that that was you front row at a gig dressed up as Kalma, of course. :P

Haha, yeah... that might most likely be me then ;)
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby Joni Master » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Joni Master

Postby Hemitys » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:54 am

Joni Master wrote:http://yle.fi/uutiset/monsterimies-dokumenttielokuva_kerasi_alle_500_katsojaa_viikonloppuna/7499052

If you're gonna link finnish news on the english forum, you could write even a brief english summary about the actual news too. I don't think there are too many foreign fans who understand finnish perfectly...
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Joni Master » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Hemitys wrote:
Joni Master wrote:http://yle.fi/uutiset/monsterimies-dokumenttielokuva_kerasi_alle_500_katsojaa_viikonloppuna/7499052

If you're gonna link finnish news on the english forum, you could write even a brief english summary about the actual news too. I don't think there are too many foreign fans who understand finnish perfectly...

Sorry! Here:

Culture 30/09/2014 9:37 pm | Updated 30/09/2014 at 10:01 Monsterimies documentary attracted a crowd of less than 500 weekend Mr. Lordi to tell a documentary journey has begun sticky. The first weekend of viewers was less than 500

The first weekend the movie halls watching the benches Monsterimiestä consumed only 459 spectators. Data show the Finnish Film Foundation website. Monsterimiestä has been accessed 24 room.

The documentary is Antti Haase, written and directed.

The premiere of a stir aroused by the fact that Mr. Lord of the trials Tom said that he was unhappy with the outcome. The trials violated, for example, the fact that the film shows some of the band members' faces.

The matter was first reported by the film and entertainment site dome.fi.
Joni Master

Postby Isa » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Google translation or bing are your friend ? :lol:
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby monsterboy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:19 pm

So is there anyone from the Finnish fans (or English fans who speak Finnish :P) who can update us about the monsterman film situation? I heard the dispute between the band(label) and the director/production house is still a big issue?
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby Hemitys » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:17 am

monsterboy wrote:So is there anyone from the Finnish fans (or English fans who speak Finnish :P) who can update us about the monsterman film situation? I heard the dispute between the band(label) and the director/production house is still a big issue?

Well, there have been a lot of articles about the situation in finnish media during the last couple of weeks. Turned out that the two sides have been arguing about the film since january and the subject of the argument has been pretty much everything. There was a long article in Helsingin Sanomat about the situation, here are some interesting picks of it:

- There were already arguments during the filming about the style of the film and the situation escalated in january when Mr Lordi saw the early version of the documentary
- A lot of letters have been sent since then and mostly by the lawyers
- The two sides have very different opinions about what had been decided during negoations
- Showing Awa's real face is still the biggest issue, turned out she never signed the deal which allowed the film crew to do that
- Sony left the project when they learned that the band itself doesn't support the documentary. This is why we don't hear any studio versions of the songs, only live versions. There was no deal between Sony and the film makers.
- At the end of summer Mr Lordi proposed a deal to the film company that if they are gonna show Awa's face, they should edit the part out in the DVD version. He also wanted the DVD to include all the stuff the band wanted to see in the documentary as a bonus material, since the fans want to see that stuff. Because of financial issues, the company has not agreed to include the in the release.
- The bottom line is that while Mr Lordi wanted to see a in-depth documentary about the whole band's journey from 90's to here, the director wanted to do a documentary about an ESC phenomenom's rocky ride.
- Right now there seems to be no plans for the bonus material to be released on the Monsterimies DVD and that's sad news. Sony and Lordi are trying to figure out possibilities to release the stuff on their own.

I'm not a big fan of this messy situation.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Isa » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:48 pm

For me, and I think for a lot of fans it would be pretty easy. If dvd isn't like the band want then I will not buy it. I prefer keep my money in things who are like bands want

It's good to see that fan, is and stay, the most important for them.

Thank you for that resume of the info
Isa

Postby Monsta » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Isa wrote:For me, and I think for a lot of fans it would be pretty easy. If dvd isn't like the band want then I will not buy it. I prefer keep my money in things who are like bands want

It's good to see that fan, is and stay, the most important for them.

Thank you for that resume of the info

I think you're taking this a bit too serious. The band is dissapointed in the documentary not being the way they wanted it to be but I don't think they would say "don't go see this movie". I mean, Mr Lordi has still done promotion interviews for the documentary. This is being over-sensionalized by both media and fans I would say.
Monsta

Postby Isa » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:27 pm

If you prefer I will say it a other way...

If there isn't any bonus on the dvd and that it's the documentary exact like it is now (mean showing Awa face and so on) then I will not buy it as I prefer hold my money for buy what band would give us mean the bonus
Isa

Postby Monsta » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:56 pm

OK, I see what you mean!

If the DVD's the only way to get the movie I guess I'll buy it, since I want to see it. If there's no extramaterial though I might go looking for it at ... other places.
Monsta

Postby monsterboy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Thanks Hemitys for the update.

Sad to see this exiting project turned out to be one big messy thing.
I somehow already had a bad feeling about this documentary before when they announced the start of a documentary which followed the band behind the scenes.

Doing big important project with friends is dangerous for / destroys the relationship (as we can see right now). After all directors are and will always be directors, and will always have their own vision about things. It doesn't matter if the director is (or right now was) a close friend. It's quit likely that directors often choose a commercial vision that's satisfies the mainstream public. Instead of making a film for "only" the Lordi fans alone. It's obvious that those visions and opinions between Haase and Mr. L would be very different and especially for a Lordi film.

I understand that opinions can vary and don't get me wrong I (try to) judge no one and try to be as neutral as possible. As a big Lordi fan I totally understand Mr. L 's opinion but I somehow also understand the directors point of view. As a director you see thing different. And it's normal that a director wants to make a piece of work/art for a big public instead of for a small and select audience.

And if he therefore puts the movie somehow in a different direction than what mr. L thought well ok, that's fine, that's somehow a little part of his job. That's simply the usual vision of a director. Both parties need to make compromises. However he could have at least respected the crucial, holy, most important rule of all! And that's not showing the real faces of (ex)band members. Did they make an arrangement about this and the whole movie on paper? Cause this is relay important otherwise there's not a lot to discuss about this. Then the director can basically do what he want's. It's generally known that important things need to be written on paper even if you are the closest friends.
(Session) Drummer Ash

"Just support the band that you dig.
That´s your "job", That's what makes the rockmachine rolling
".
- Mr. L

I LOVE OTUS! Proud to be a Lordi fan!
monsterboy

Postby Anthalerero » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Hemitys wrote:
I'm not a big fan of this messy situation.

Me neither. Talked to L about the documentary too yesterday - actually i did not want to ask about it, because i thought he'd already be annoyed by everyone asking about that issue. It turned out that he wanted to say something about it that reaches the fans directly, and is not forged by media. I'll post this asap, when i'm done with transcription and translation for the magazine.
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby anushka » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:39 pm

If the bonus material won't be on the DVD I really hope they will somehow release it in other way. With all respect, it'd be nice to see documentary concerned mostly Mr. L. BUT as a fan I was interesting for costume making process, studio videos and backstage shoots.
I don't know if I'll buy the DVD only to see the documentary without some extra stuff.
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Joni Master » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Joni Master

Postby Joni Master » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:38 am

http://ohjelmaopas.yle.fi/1-2312500

Its online in Finland next monday...
Joni Master

Postby anushka » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

If you haven't noticed it's possible to order the DVD with movie with english subtitels at the page Recordshop X:
https://www.recordshopx.com/movie/monsterimies/#dvd
anushka

Postby Digi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:52 pm

anushka wrote:If you haven't noticed it's possible to order the DVD with movie with english subtitels at the page Recordshop X:
Thank you very much! Do you know more about certain shipping costs to Germany? If i press on "more about shipping costs" it says the service was temperary unavailable
Digi

Postby korovnikovd » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Digi wrote:
anushka wrote:If you haven't noticed it's possible to order the DVD with movie with english subtitels at the page Recordshop X:
Thank you very much! Do you know more about certain shipping costs to Germany? If i press on "more about shipping costs" it says the service was temperary unavailable

The link works if you change the language in the upper right corner.
korovnikovd

Postby Maddy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Digi wrote:

Shipping costs are 2,95€.
Sacred and Wild.

Postby korovnikovd » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Now I watched the movie and for those who are willing to watch it I can say that you're going to witness:

- Too much unbearable pain about losing in the Kuorosota final round
- Too much scenes where Mr. L strokes his dog
- Too much pepsi bottles. Everywhere.
- Too much Gene (but that's a highlight)
- Too much times we are about to see the monsters' faces and yeah yeah... we're almost there... but no
- Too much Mr L's mom and his friend in a Crüe shirt. I can't speak much about it, cuz since the movie is in Finnish, I don't know what they were talking about. But I hope that not about 'how poor the band is, but how much guts we got to go'.

But there were some positive aspects. As a fan I loved a few backstage scenes like Jimmy The Drummer's appearance in the band, some song-writing with his friend, Michael Wagener's studio, Mr. L's eternal passion to be a heavy rock monster... But those were just moments, the idea was to make a drama telling us how hard it is to keep on doing something you love and not giving up.
I noticed only two positive things which happened in 2010-2013 according to the director - Mr. L giggling at his child photos and the very last minute where the band rocks out on European festivals.
Hope dies last, the band will exist for more years, the director hinted to us.

Overall, it's a good film for casuals, the fans might enjoy it too but realising all the hyperbole.

P.S. Was it necessary to show Awa's face? I don't think so. :roll:
korovnikovd

Postby anushka » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:05 pm

So there are no english subtitles? At the shop's page they are written :?
anushka

Postby Jere S » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:19 pm

-
Last edited by Jere S on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jere S

Postby Maddy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:59 pm

anushka wrote:So there are no english subtitles? At the shop's page they are written :?

Don't worry, there are English subtitles on the DVD from Levykauppa Äx. (At least someone confirmed that in the Lordi Army group on FB.)
Sacred and Wild.

Postby ksco » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Aaaaaaand the best thing of this movie is that Kita is cut off :D XD ehhh... stupid director. He thinks there's no members in Lordi before 2010 or what? Or Kita just don't wanna be a part of this movie but why? It would be weird if it's Kita's choice.
ksco

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion