Monsterboard

Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Talk about anything and everything LORDI-related - in English.

Moderators: Hemitys, psyanide, Nightmare Wings Hell

Re: Lordi Documentary coming out 2014

Postby Monsta » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 pm

LORDI - The Monsterboy

"Finnish heavy rocker T--- was bullied at school because he loved Kiss. At 37, he still lives in an elaborate monster universe he created – the world of LORDI.
In 2006 his band of monsters won the Eurovision Song Contest. Today, six years after the victory, he has hit the hard rock bottom of reality and is deserted by fans and band members. T--- is now in serious danger of losing his Monster Neverland. Can he rise once again and continue ruling his fantasy world, just like he has done since childhood? Or will he finally grow up?"

http://www.lichtblick-media.com/dokumen ... ategoria=3

This could either turn out to be very interesting or very embarassing.
Monsta

Postby Isa » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:26 pm

I found it's exagerated "deserted by fans" ok that we are less then before but on point to say "deserted", I doubt that fans in general will like to hear that and the people who will go see documentary at first are fans
Our Daddy is the best 'cos he sincerly love us
Isa

Postby anushka » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:49 pm

For me it looks like it´s written just to make bigger drama from this, nothing more :roll:

And it seems to be quite interesting if it won´t be only "behind the scene" document but that also will have some story :D
"Hella's Forsaken Dolls Team"
anushka

Location: In Monsterland with my only one egyptian god ^^// Czech rep., F28

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:19 am

Monsta wrote:LORDI - The Monsterboy

"Finnish heavy rocker T--- was bullied at school because he loved Kiss. At 37, he still lives in an elaborate monster universe he created – the world of LORDI.
In 2006 his band of monsters won the Eurovision Song Contest. Today, six years after the victory, he has hit the hard rock bottom of reality and is deserted by fans and band members. T--- is now in serious danger of losing his Monster Neverland. Can he rise once again and continue ruling his fantasy world, just like he has done since childhood? Or will he finally grow up?"

I think the Monster Neverland was a bit too far fetched....we're talking Lordi here, not Michael Jackson. :roll:
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby ginacartoon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:20 am

Nightmare Wings Hell wrote:
Monsta wrote:LORDI - The Monsterboy

I think the Monster Neverland was a bit too far fetched....we're talking Lordi here, not Michael Jackson. :roll:

That and "Monster-Boy" ? I mean what??
ginacartoon

Postby Nightmare Wings Hell » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 am

ginacartoon wrote:
That and "Monster-Boy" ? I mean what??

Behold, the second greatest manchild ever?
:lol:

I jest of course, it's good to see some news about the documentary. Sounds a little strange though.
Actually I'm a Plumber.
Nightmare Wings Hell

Postby Hemitys » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:34 am

Monsta wrote:"Can he rise once again and continue ruling his fantasy world, just like he has done since childhood? Or will he finally grow up?"

True. I was hoping for an interesting documentary about this wonderful band but that just reminds me a bit too much of The Story Of Anvil. I hope they are not pushing it too much to that direction. Anvil! was awesome but we don't need to see a second one. I'm sure this will be entertaining, even as a real documentary with not too much drama in it.
A Monster Heart Is A Hell To Tear Apart
Hemitys
Site Admin

Postby Monsterlady38 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Hmmm not the title I was expecting on a documentary about the band but we'll see what else is released later on, maybe there will be something else that'll be revealed about it that will will like more.
"Honey honey lemme hug you like a spider, honey honey lemme give you evil love
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Blog | Instagram | FB | Lordi Army NA
Monsterlady38

Postby Rosalie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Why can't the media get anything right? Mr. Lordi isn't a monsterboy he's a monsterMAN. Jeez. :roll: :|

But apart from that I think this just might be a good documentary. :mrgreen:
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Postby Milred Sandman » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:46 am

''As the band starts to record their new and perhaps last album in Nashville, Tomi strives to regain his creativity and songwriting skill. But will the band stick together and keep on rocking, or is Tomi's monster Neverland about to take its last breath? Lordi – the Monsterman is ultimately a film about the Heavy Metal brotherhood, about being an artist and about being true to yourself. When comes the point when we stop indulging in our dreams, take off our masks and start taking care of others? Or would it be better for all of us if we can let Lordi rock on forever?''

oh fuck..

''My Monsters Keep Me Company''
Milred Sandman

Postby Isa » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:49 am

Those who write text are real drama queens :roll:
Isa

Postby Rosalie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Ok whoever wrote the text about fans deserting him sounds like...well as Isa said, a drama queen. I have seen fans here who have been on this forum since 2002 and are still here. I've been a fan since 2006 and I haven't deserted the band once. So suck on that text-writer, suck it. Suck it hard. (Yes I'm aware that what I just sound said sounds dirty. That was intended :roll: )
Hey YOU
Yeah, you reading this.
If you ever feel sad then remember you are a fabulous and majestic unicorn-cabbage.
And your face is nice.
And you should smile more because you look amazing when you smile.
Rosalie

Postby Anthalerero » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:49 pm

they just have to write something to catch peoples attention - ever thought about that? ;-)
~ Proud member of the Kalmageddon Order ~

Never let them see behind the mask at all
The icon must never ever fall

*** ALL HAIL THE FREAKS!!! ***
Anthalerero

Postby Isa » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Ok, I modify................they are people who mind that do the drama queen help for catch peoples attention :mrgreen:
Isa

Postby Monsta » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:47 am

It sounds better when you read the whole text in my opnion:
http://www.lordifilm.com/p/story.html

Also, there's a directors word.

Way back in the early 1980s I played super hero games with Tomi Putaansuu in a small forest between our suburban homes in Finnish Lapland. I want to return to that magic forest and discover why I grew up to be an adult, but Tomi never did. For me Lordi is not just a latex clown performing simple hard rock tunes from 1980s. I have found a creative genius and hidden world of beauty, tragedy and comedy behind the mask of this beast.

At the moment Tomi looks a bit like a wounded King Kong collecting all his creative strength for one more fight. Somehow he always manages to come back like a zombie, each time just a bit stronger, wiser and funnier monster. I have come to realize that Tomi draws his creativity and determination as a multitalented artist from the naiveté of an enfant terrible. During the making of this film I personally want to “grow down” a little and get lost in the raw power of heavy metal.

Tomi’s life is a classic from riches to rags story with a Faustian twist. Tomi is like a vampire who got blinded by the mainstream showbiz lights and lost his ability to bite: to create good music for true Lordi fans. With the help of his best friend Kangas-Pete, Tomi is now going back to his creative roots determined to make the best Lordi album ever in Nashville.

Lordi – The Monsterboy is ultimately a film about courage to be and create yourself, even if you happen to be a heavy metal monster from 1980s. I want Tomi’s story to inspire us adults to revisit our child’s imagination and use it as a creative force to realize our own dreams, no matter how high the obstacles may be. My challenge is to make the audience see the beauty in the beast - and in the man behind its mask, without actually seeing his face.

- Antti Haase, Director

I think some of us here might be a little too naive. Things haven't been going that good for Lordi since 2008. Sure, some of us have been here on the board for a while, but it's a small bunch.
I still have a cut-out from a swedish newspaper in 2008 where Mr Lordi was talking about how he crashlanded after the ESC victory, locking himself up in his cabin for months to get himself together. That's how Deadache came about. Babez for Breakfast was a commercial failure, the band's drummer left one month before tour. On the tour they were sometimes playing in tiny little clubs. Finally when they are starting to get their shit together the new drummer and also close friend dies. The keyboardist leaves. Still, Lordi just weeks after the death starts looking for new bandmembers.

Now, I'm not trying to analyze Mr Lordi or try to "explain" him 'cause I have really no idea about him in private, but one thing is clear and that is that he's been having it quite rough to say the least. Happenings like that can't leave one completely undamaged. But still, he keeps doing his thing, trying so extremely hard to keep his ship floating, never giving up, not even taking a break. The dedication he has for the band he has created is unique on so many levels. So I don't think this description is that much "overdramatised", I think it might be very truthful.

I'm very eager to see this movie.
Monsta

Postby Monsterlady38 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:49 am

I agree with you 100% Monsta. And as for that text that Milred Sandman found....I have to say that that was obviously written by someone looking for serious drama like Isa said.

Anyways I'm hoping this documentary marks a step in the right direction and Lordi starts to climb back to the top again.
Honey honey lemme kiss you like a viper, open up your heart, receive my evil love"

Monsterlady38

Postby Isa » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:17 am

I agree with you but I doubt they have in head that "to beast or not to beast" become last album like it get explain

They could stop so many time and still are there, now if again something happen (what we all don't want) then yes it could happen, just a "too many shit" but not because of a need to crow up and care except if someone important for him ask him to do that for good reason

From there it's good that people open their eyes and see the "fight", that Lordi it's not only a bunch of people who costumed them, that all isn't just a dream but more like a life with hard moment and good moment. Mr Lordi is someone who finish by make from a hard moment a strongness and I respect him a lot for that. He's not a child, he's a adult who did what a lot of us would had can do...stay a kid at same time

I still found that text is sometime too drama queen, that you can say they lose a lot of fans without say "deserted by fans", that you can say that every album can somewhere be the last without play it like he absolutly need to grow up or that band should have interne conflict (what btw can be understood too when it's say " But will the band stick together")
Isa

Postby King » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Mr Lordi has said that the band will exist as long as he is able to do it... Latest take on this was this month... Where's the problem now?
I'm the carnivore Rex sinking fangs in your flesh!
King

Postby Dr. Sin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:25 am

If Mr. Lordi didn't do Lordi stuff, he'd do Lordi stuff without Lordi. So yeah, what King said.
Dr. Sin

Postby Monsterlady38 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Agreed. I admire Mr. Lordi's deterimination. :) Personally I think whoever's putting the drama in the description wants us fans to get emotional.

Monsterlady38

Postby Isa » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:40 pm

I doubt aim here are fans but more give desire to who don't know that much Lordi to come see for learn
Isa

Postby Monsterlady38 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Isa wrote:I doubt aim here are fans but more give desire to who don't know that much Lordi to come see for learn

Yeah that's probably their goal. :P

Monsterlady38

Postby Melting Darkness » Mon May 20, 2013 6:46 pm

That would explain the cameras we spotted around the venue at the London gig then :) can't wait to see this :)
Melting Darkness

Postby Cannibal's Candy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:18 am

Do you think they will write a song extra for the film? Like they did with BLIP for Dark Floors
Cannibal's Candy

Postby Monsterlady38 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:36 am

Cannibal's Candy wrote:Do you think they will write a song extra for the film? Like they did with BLIP for Dark Floors

That would be sweet.

Monsterlady38

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion